Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic system services in Lewiston, ID
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Lewiston
- Roto-RooterThese folks did an excellent job. Very informative answering all my questions and explained everything I was to expect. Kelly and Austin were very professional. Only company I could get to come out to Elk City for this service. I highly recommend this company when it's time to pump.
- JAG ENTERPRISESThey are very prompt and professional! Answered all my questions and concerns and made me confident that I had made the right choice in calling them! Excellent work and great people to work with.
- JAG ENTERPRISESAlan Smith, (the owner of Jag) is a solid honest guy. I’ve known him for years and he’s 100% trustworthy and holds himself to high standards of quality.
- DRAINS PLUS ROOTER SVCUpon their investigation, there was a blockage near the septic tank. It only took 5 minutes for them to clear it. I was thankful that it was not the septic tank.
- AAA Sewer ServiceThey helped solve the problem I had. I called several people and even referred Angie's list before selecting them. The guy who performed the work tracked mud into my house. I would use them again in the future.
- TNG ExcavationOutstanding. I had a guesthouse put on our property and TNG Excavation was the most professional business I worked with during the whole project. They will try to accommodate you anyway they can. They help you plan the project, problem solve, and see it through to completion. I recommend this outstanding company to anyone who wants the job done right the first time
- KG & T SEPTIC SERVICEI called KG and T with an emergency! Our septic tank was overflowing in the basement. He got us in first thing the next morning. He was prompt and friendly. He got my tank emptied, cleaned an obstruction that was in it, and even rinsed it out using the hose. The only reason I gave him a B on professionalism is he talks a lot. I visited outside with him a good 45 minutes, which if you are willing to listen he has a very interesting life
- KG & T SEPTIC SERVICETook less than 1 hours to remove. Did a great job. They were kind and made sure to get here as soon as possible.
- King George's Royal FlushWhen I first called, Ralph explained the cost and the access they needed. We arranged a time and he promised to call first. Right on schedule, he showed up and first mad esure where the sprinklers were so he would not damage them. He pumped out the system, all the while educating me about sewer issues and how to avoid problems. Ralph was great. He treated me with great courtesy, took the time to answer all my questions, and was open and honest with me
- CR Higer Plumbing IncI had a hard time finding one to do this job as my business required me to do it. They responded quickly and they were here when they said they would be. He was young, very friendly and took care of it. I would recommend them to others. He explained a lot of what and why he was doing it. He was genuine and respectful of my property
Last update on May 14, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Lewiston, ID
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
Septic Tank Contractors in Lewiston, ID
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Roto-Rooter2924 Hatwai Rd
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
- AAA Sewer Service3405 E Edwards Dr
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83401
- AAA Sewer Service
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Reeder Home Services3037 N Howard St
Coeur D Alene, Idaho 83815
- Reeder Home Services
- S & H Plumbing4115 S 15th E
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404
- S & H Plumbing
- Vietzke Trenchless Inc2011 South Craig Road
Airway Heights, Washington 99001
- Vietzke Trenchless Inc
Septic tank companies that service Lewiston
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.