Decks and patios are both popular options for maximizing your outdoor space. Learn the pros and cons of each, plus which option is better for your unique home.
Get matched with top deck & porch contractors in Waterloo, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local deck & porch contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Decks Porches Reviews in Waterloo
- Pro DeckWE USED A PRODUCT CALLED TREX AND THEY WERE THE MOST FAMILIAR WITH THIS. IT IS THE MOST ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCT OUT THERE. WE HAD TO HAVE THEM COME BACK BECAUSE WE FELT OUR STEPS WEREN'T DEEP ENOUGH, SO THEY CAME OUT AND FIXED IT. I FELT THEY WERE REALLY FAIR.
- My Go To Guy Handyman ServiceVery well - guys were prompt, thorough and on-site problem solvers. Cost was fair and work was very timely and well done.
- B & P Construction IncThey were prompt. They came at times convenient to us both. Worked hard and used time well. Very courteous and compassionate to us.
- B & P Construction IncI'd give them an and lsquo;A' across the board. For the remodeling of the bathroom, he had put something in and when he had found out that he didn't need to do it he took it all off. He was really fair because others might have just left it in there. The best thing about it are the people, when they came and left we didn't know that a there had been anyone during the day, they cleaned up immaculately
- Deck Works Cedar ValleyIt is marvelous. I love it. I love the product and the work. Everything is just what we wanted it to be, exactly. I would highly recommend them. We had cement underneath it and we wanted that out. We had river rock put underneath rather than the cement so that the water would go through. So, it was a bigger job than just the deck itself. It included two days worth of taking cement out and hauling. It's 18 by 24 in size. It is a nice deck. It runs across a good portion of the back of the house. So, the cement was the same size. They had to break it up and haul it out. So, it was a huge job. They represented themselves very well. We had no concerns. They cleaned up. They left it looking better than when they came. We went with them because of the products and because of their reputation. I would say that we were very satisfied with it. It was a lot of money but there was a lot of work to do too and it's also expensive material
- Zubak ConstructionWe were very happy with every part of this project beginning with our first call to Nick Zubak for an estimate. He promptly returned all phone calls and answered all questions we had. He offered helpful suggestions and completed the new deck very quickly. We were very pleased with Zubak Construction and would definitely use them again. We felt his estimates were very reasonable
- KOCH CONSTRUCTIONThis company was able to build requested work first of the companies I contacted. My husband was injured and we needed a ramp to safely enter our home. Jeff quickly gave us an estimate and worked well with the county to meet their regulations. The men who built the deck, ramp, etc. were very professional, cleaned up after themselves, explained what they were doing. All contacts to company were promptly returned. The deck, door, and ramp are beautifully done. We look forward to using the deck this coming year. We would highly recommend Koch
- KOCH CONSTRUCTIONWe had benn getting bids for a couple of years, but the other contractors kept telling us that we really didn't want what we were asking for or that it was impossible. Jeff listened to us and gave us exactly what we wanted. He was willing to let us do the electrical, flooring, finish carpentry and painting to save money. James, our project manager was always on time and kept us apprised of what was going on and patiently answered our questions and concerns. When the building inspector threw us a curveball, Jeff and James worked with us to find a solution that would satisfy code and not break the budget. The guys are pros!!
- Zubak ConstructionIt went very well. Starting from the bidding process, Nick knew exactly what I wanted in regards to having a deck built, and always aware of my budget when proposing the plan. He was also very prompt in returning calls and keeping appointments. During construction he was on time, stayed on task and always keep the construction site clean. Nick also took care of the details, such as permits and materials, leaving me worry and hassle free. The project came out exactly as I had envisioned, within the costs projected, and the quality of the deck was fantastic. We are absolutely pleased with the final product, the process and how easy it was to work with Zubak Construction
- Zubak ConstructionI was immediately impressed with my communications with Nick Zubak: He actually answered his phone, understood what I was asking of him, gave suggestions and a plan forward, all on the first call. It seems basic, but I'm amazed on how difficult it is to simply talk to someone sometimes and, throughout the building, Nick kept in contact through emails, calls, or face-to-face talks. He and his crew were on-time, every time. The deck was built just as we had planned. The "B" for price I gave is perhaps unfair, the deck cost exactly what I was quoted, and I probably just have to get use to the fact that things cost more than I think they should. The "B" in quality was for the very occasional protruding screw or small splinted piece of wood and if I could have given a "A-" or "B+", I would have. I was especially pleased with the small things that showed this wasn't the first time these guys have done this: they moved my mailbox over during the construction and re-erected it so I could keep get mail before I had even thought of it; and, when Nick saw some contractor trash bags that I was using to clean up a completely different area on the curb, he made sure that they weren't from "his guys" -- a sign to me that he was concerned his employee were doing the right thing. All - in - all I was very happy with the job done, and will hire him again in the future
Last update on December 6, 2017
Deck Companies in Waterloo
What kind of services can deck and porch builders perform?
Decking installers in Waterloo offer a variety of services ranging from installing new structures to repairing old ones. Homeowners can reach out to deck and porch professionals for assistance with increasing the visual look and functionality of exterior spaces, including:
- Building porches and decks. Installers can help you with designing and constructing a deck that ticks every box for your dream outdoor space. That can range from a basic deck to hold your patio furniture to a gourmet backyard kitchen.
- Installing porches. Work with builders to add more curb appeal while increasing the functionality of your entryway. Create a porch that welcomes your farmhouse rocking chairs or transforms into a mudroom on stormy days.
- Constructing patios. The most suitable installers can bring your ideas for a patio into reality, whether you're looking at brick, concrete, or other materials.
- Updating existing deck or porch. Deck and porch builders can add railings or roofs and awnings or construct special options such as firepits or brick ovens.
- Making repairs. Most porch and deck builders also perform repair services. They may replace broken railings or planks or offer staining and painting services to enhance the beauty and durability of a porch or deck.
Average price points for professional porch or deck installation or repairs
While the cost of porch or deck construction varies based on factors such as material, job complexity, and size, the national average is $4,100 to $11,200. Very big or small decks will likely be outside of that cost range, as the typical cost per square foot is around $30 to $60.
Material choice plays an influential role in complete expense, too. For decks, common choices include composite and pressure-treated wood. Composite has a tendency to be more expensive, even though the availability of lumber largely determines the cost of wood. Concrete is typically the cheapest option for building a patio, and patios or decks built with brick are generally the priciest.
Lifting a deck off the ground can also increase costs. Multi-level decks are often more costly to install than very similar first-story decks. Consider that building a six-by-six foot deck on the first story typically costs on average $7,700 to $15,400. Installing a very similar deck on the second story can cost $9,700 to $20,500.
A lot of considerations go into the price of a deck project. Reaching out to deck and porch businesses in Waterloo to get an estimate is the best method to understand how much your project may cost.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful deck company articles
Find deck & porch contractors in
- Elk Run Heights,
- Cedar Falls,
- La Porte City,
- Shell Rock,
- Grundy Center,
deck & porch contractors in Waterloo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
Seattle, Washington 98118
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Fairbanks Builders405 Spruce Hills Dr.
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- Fairbanks Builders
- Iowa's Xtreme Seamless Gutters & ExteriorsPO Box 1123
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- Iowa's Xtreme Seamless Gutters & Exteriors
- KOCH CONSTRUCTION215 E MAIN ST
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- KOCH CONSTRUCTION
- Laura's Designs405 East Mission Street
Strawberry Point, Iowa 52076
- Laura's Designs
- Petty Vinyl Co Inc1203 Hwy 96
Gladbrook, Iowa 50635
- Petty Vinyl Co Inc
- RENEW Residential Services LLCPO Box 10392
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52410
- RENEW Residential Services LLC
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Superior Exteriors3076 104th St
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Zubak Construction1610 Cottage Row Rd
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- Zubak Construction