S J Construction Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2008

4.3

Additional contact name - Laura....

J Christensen Painting & Home Repair

At J Christensen Painting & Home Repair we specialize in interior painting and small home repair projects. Attention to detail and treating your home as if it was our own is priority on every job. Being an owner operated small business means you will be dealing with the same person the entire job & building a trusting relationship with the owner of the company.

Offers by J Christensen Painting & Home Repair on Angi
Yoder Construction of NE Iowa LLC

Invest in reliable, long-lasting asphalt shingles for your home. You'll always get an affordable rate on the shingles and on top-notch installation from us. Expect exceptional workmanship as we install your metal roofing. Long lasting and beautiful, these roofs make a statement and provide functional benefits. Whether you need another storage space or a place to work on your other projects, your new pole shed will look fantastic on your land.

All Seasons Construction

At All Seasons Construction we do a wide variety of things. We can build you a home from the ground up, do remodels, or even thing a like installing a fence or door. If your interested in seeing some work we have done in the past then check out our Facebook page! Call us to set up a time for a free estimate!

04/15/2015

Originally I was told he would do the job one day and then have to come l in a few weeks to have it inspected and some other things. When he got here and he got busy immediately and he worked very fast. He finished the job, and somehow got the inspector out the same day. the job was finished in one day. AWESOME!

Description of Work
Replaced a fuse box with breaker box. Added some receptacles. Added a ceiling fan, etc.

02/12/2014

We were totally happy with them. They did the job from top to bottom. They did a good job. They were on time. They were in line financially with other companies. They were easy to communicate with. They did what they said their going to do. They were within budget. They were good with communication. They did the job on time.

Description of Work
I used the general remodelling service of S J Construction Inc. They did the whole conversion of the two bedrooms and two master suites.

11/20/2013

I do not recommend this company to others and just don't want to see anyone else have to deal with similar issues. I think SJ Construction is not a professional company. I had a verbal agreement with SJ Construction that they would complete this job in 3 days, as well as match the new trusses to the existing trusses in the first stall. However they started the job in October and didn't finish unti...

Description of Work
They added a second stall onto my garage.

09/17/2013

Provided a free estimate in a timely manner. Estimate too high - chose another provider.

03/11/2013

I called Steve for an estimate on 23 January, the permit was issued on 30 January, and the crew was on the job the next day. Over the next two weeks, the work was completed, through some of the coldest weather of the winter. I was extremely satisfied with the work, and was happy to tell my neighbors, when they complimented the look of the new porch, that S J Construction was my contractor.

Description of Work
The crew ripped out the old front porch, and the concrete steps underneath, and built a new front porch with green-treat wood.

12/31/2012

I am happy with the result. There were a couple additional expenses but since my house was built around 1940, I expected it. The only issue I had was with the flooring company. I wanted to be home when they came to install the carpet in the bedroom to discuss the doorway. (One of the quirks of having an older house). They came without letting me know and I was not satisfied. When I contacted SJ Co...

Description of Work
I remodeled a bathroom and bedroom. The half bath was turned into a full bath. This required moving the front door, an interior door and removing a couple windows.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

09/23/2012

A friend of mine had them repair flood damage in 2008 and was very disgusted with the quality of work done. I am very disappointed and concerned about the future of my home.

Description of Work
The city paid for the repairs to be done, However, it was advised to me if they needed to add glue roofing, it would cost me about $ 600. They did not use the "glue" originally intended. I was still charged. The gutters are a total mess and are not only unsightly but ineffective. They broke my window screen and my bird bath. The screen was replaced, but no mention of the bird bath, The roof still leaks and I was charged for them to come inspect the leaking and told it was just the gutter system freezing up.

I Thank the member for her description of the work SJ Construction performed. However her information is not quite correct. The project for the roof on her house was done in the summer of 2008. Her house is what is commonly called a fish bowl house. The City of Waterloo Community Development contracted SJ to install a rubber roof on the house only. We actually put a slanted roof on the fish bowl r...

01/20/2012

The company was quick to schedule an appointment for the repair. The repair took as long as estimated. The bathroom was cleaned after the repair and painting.

Description of Work
The bathroom ceiling had to be repaired due to a water leak from above. The ceiling was closed and painted.

Category home remodeling,interior painters

01/13/2012

It was nice that they were at least willing to do it while we were unavailable. The cost of the fix was exactly as the gentleman had quoted. I'd use them again, but wouldn't expect a quick fix for small jobs. They're busy!

Description of Work
We had some siding and uncarriage elements of our roof blown off. It wasn't major, but birds and snow were making a home there. SJ Construction responded within 5 days of our call to provide us an estimate. To secure their services, they request 25% down. What they didn't tell us is that if we paid with a credit card over the phone, there would be a 3% charge to run the card. Luckily the amount was minimal. The gentleman who came out the house was great. He made us feel very confident in the work. The hard part was scheduling them to do it. because it was such a small job, the continuously weren't able to make it. Finally, they completed the job while we were away for a week. They came to the house, fixed the issue and sent us a bill.

Category siding

We thank the homeowner's for allowing us to take care of their siding needs. Unfortunately, due to scheduling and jobs that were already in progress, we were unable to get started sooner. I know that the Mrs. seemed suprised about the 3% fee for credit card processing, however it does state that there will be the fee in the contract. I apologize that they did not notice that in the section regardi...

11/16/2011

I spent about $15,000. They came out early one week and took the old windows out. They left in the new ones. They will be coming out the next week to work around the edges. The guy, who put the trim on the outside, is different from the guy, who did the window installation. I think they are on different schedules. The job turned out to be fine. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
S J Construction Inc. has done some work for me in the past. They installed replacement windows around the house, two years ago.

Category replacement windows

New construction, room additions, siding, roofing, garages, remodeling, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, basement remodels, window / door replacements, custom decks, painting & cement work.

MasterCard, Visa, Check, Discover