WINDOW WORLD OF CENTRAL ALABAMA

Founded 2012 • With Angi since November 2010

3.8

601 University Blvd

Birmingham, AL 35233

Our motto is the same today as it was in the beginning … Provide Superior Product, Installed by a professional craftsman, guaranteed lowest prices.

10/15/2021

Jessica B.

I placed my order September 2020 and paid half of the total cost at the time of the order. It is now October 15th 2021 (more than a year later) and I still do not have all 4 windows installed. The contract I signed said windows will be installed within 2-4 weeks. After a few months of no installation I requested to cancel the order. They refused to do so. They routinely call to schedule the installation, then call the day before to cancel and reschedule the install 30-45 days out with an excuse that the windows are not ready, they were mid-measured, one has a crack, short on installers, etc. They did this so many times that my husband and I began to laugh each time the called because we knew they were going to cancel and reschedule. Each time they did this, I requested to cancel the order and they refused to do so claiming “we can’t cancel. We can only reschedule.” I sent 2 letters threatening legal action and they simply called me to reschedule again. We are now moving to a new home and have no way to legally require the new homeowner to allow the install, so we called to cancel again based on the fact that the house has been sold and yet again they refused to cancel the order and mysteriously they “found a window in the warehouse that will fit and plan to install it in a week.” Such a scam. They also called to collect the 2nd half of my payment claiming the full install was completed when in fact it wasn’t. They have offered no discount for the experience we have had and expect us to pay the full 2nd half of the payment despite all they have put us through. This company is extremely unprofessional, unreliable and unethical. They do not care about their customers and do not do the right thing. If you don’t want to be stressed out and frustrated by bad business practice, I highly recommend that you DO NOT use window world.

Description of Work
Window Replacement (4 Windows)

08/12/2021

Huey H.

It was good, oppressional and they have a good product.

Description of Work
Window Installation

07/22/2017

Angela H.

Well, they seemed to want to work efficiently until they believe their job to be finished. They were hard working. I did feel like I needed to be there and supervise them, I would not recommend you do it. It would be worthless if you didn't read up first. If you don't read up first, then you don't need to supervise because you don't know what your saying anyway. But I felt like I needed to supervise. At one point it looked as if they were about to finish up a window, ?and it appeared to me standing across the room that it looked crooked. I had to call the supervisor and say he's ready to, I forgot what the final touch was called, but it ready to be finished here, I want you to look at it, and it looks crooked to me. It was little crooked, he adjusted it it took just a second but if I hadn't been there,so I don't know how it would have turned out. There are places where there is trim on the inside and they would leave gaps sometimes, and I would have to point it out and they came back and close the gap. One gap I never did see, so it's still there to this day. It's like a half inch gap on the window trim on the inside. I think the supervisor had a good command of his workers. They were all cheerful and happy workers, and pleasant to be around. They were multi-national though, and some of them you could not communicate with. You would have to call the supervisor, because some of them barely spoke any english. So that was a problem, it wasn't a big problem because the supervisor didn't speak english very well, but it was annoying. I think they wrote down the wrong price at one point, it was like $50 off. But we got it worked out to our satisfaction. It was worked out within a month. One thing to start off with, I think I told them to come in the morning and they showed up one hour too soon. That didn't work out for me. I was doing things in the house, dressing, washing. All these normal things that people do. And apparently it didn't bother them, they came on an hour early anyways. I told them they couldn't come in. Your going to have to start at the time we agreed upon. They didn't got anywhere, they just stayed out in my driveway. Guess they didn't have anything better to do. They were a good group. I think its hard for a supervisor to supervise because they all are in a different room of the house. As well as can be expected he was a good supervisor. I think he could have come back and done a more thorough checking after the work was done. If he had I wouldn't have that gap in my window. It was an appropriate cost, it was the whole house. It was 14 windows I think. Pricing was about average, whatever average is. I don't know if it was appropriate, but I approved it. I did not look at the local people. I think their product is just fine. But the young man needed to supervise the work. I don't know what you call it when someone comes an hour early. Nobody expects someone to come an hour early. I would consider using them again, but I would do it in the same fashion. Whatever I had them do, I would read and be educated so I could be the supervisor of the supervisor.

Description of Work
New windows.

09/08/2016

Joshua M.

We had a pretty bad experience. The crew didn't show up on the scheduled day. It was a Sunday and they allegedly got stuck at another job but neglected to call me, and the main offices were closed so I couldn't get ahold of anyone. Rescheduled for a week or so later. Work was adequate, but not great, and done in a day. There were several mistakes so I had to have a customer service guy come out and fix them. One was big enough that we had to schedule for a crew to come back. Well they didn't show that day either! This was allegedly from a scheduling error. The main office sent us a $50 check to compensate. The final fix was eventually completed. The whole process was drawn out over months. Also beware that the windows are really thick. Inside hung blinds likely won't fit anymore, and the salesman certainly won't mention that.

Description of Work
Replaced some old aluminum windows and two exterior doors.

04/15/2016

Susan S.

Description of Work
Built and installed replacement windows and French doors. Installers were efficient and top-notch. Communication with the company was NOT good--my order was in their warehouse for at least three weeks with no contact from them.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your business! I apologize for the delay in communication on our part, which could have been due to a multitude of reasons such as weather or the entire order not being present. We appreciate any and all feedback and will definitely use this to better our process. Have a wonderful day.

07/07/2015

Loretta A.

Description of Work
New double paned windows for entire house. Only problem was some scheduling issues that caused us to reschedule more than once.

05/20/2015

Richard P.

Nothing so far. I am hoping this review will get them to call me. I need doors and windows and have been recommended to them many times. But no response so far.

Description of Work
As of right now nothing. I was contacted by their corporate office on Sunday and was told that i would get a call on Monday. It is Wednesday and I have heard nothing.

Category replacement windows

Hello [Member Name Removed], I attempted to look you up in our system, but I do not have anyone with the last name [Member Name Removed]. I will reach out to the Montgomery store since that is where your PO box is located to see if they have you in their system. If you have any questions please reach out at 205-916-2189. Thank you.

05/07/2015

Elba B.

Description of Work
Florence AL branch did not provide local references when giving us a quote. We were told they had installed windows in our locale and would provide us with names and phone numbers to call. This was never provided. We called to remind them and, again, no follow through so we dropped them from consideration.

Category replacement windows

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience. I have contacted the Muscle Shoals, AL store to try and clear this up. If we can do anything to help in the meantime please feel free to reach out. Have a wonderful day.

04/10/2015

Ronda W.

Description of Work
Came in-did job-cleaned up-Got out.

Thank you!

02/11/2015

Dan Z.

Description of Work
Alabama Office did not get my order right after nearly three months. They did not proactively call to schedule installation. | |I now need to schedule additional time off of work for when they can obtain the rest of the windows. The planning aspect of this installation was very poor. |

Category replacement windows

I apologize for this inconvenience and I understand your frustration. We always do the best we can but unfortunately, under some circumstances it takes a little longer than expected. I hope we were able to fix the issue and completely satisfy you. Have a wonderful day.

01/21/2015

Lamar J.

Description of Work
Great service. Took a little longer for window to arrive than I had expected, but installation was fast.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the review! I apologize it took so long to get your product installed, but thank you for your patience. We appreciate you and your business. Please let us know if we can ever do anything else for you!

08/11/2014

Dudley M.

The process of placing the order for the window went smoothly. They sent out a sales rep and we discussed what I needed, and I placed the order. The problem was when the installers came out they did a horrible job of installing the window. They installed the window while I was at work, so my wife was there while they installed it. She told them that I would have to give my approval when I got home. When I got home I noticed that the trim was not properly done, and half of the caps for the mounting holes were missing, and caulk was used to fill the holes. To make matters worse, the caulk was smeared on the frame of the window, so they didn't do a neat job of being trying to cover up the fact that they didn't install half the caps. There was some scuff marks on the external window frame, and the window wasn't cleaned properly, A minor issue, but when that is your business you would hope that they would try and make it look as good as possible. I took pictures of the installation and sent them to the sales rep, who forwarded them on to the Window World office. I was contacted via phone and told that they would send out a repairman to fix the problem the next day. The repair job was an improvement, but not good. I again contacted the sales rep who did not return my call. I was really disappointed in Window World. I will have to try and do the repair work myself, which is not why you contract a company to do this kind of work.

Description of Work
Installed a picture window in my house.

06/28/2014

Natalie R.

Description of Work
Installed new windows. The installer was super nice and made sure everything was clean he did a great job even though we had to do it alone. It took them almost 12 hours to install all the windows but I'm happy with the results

Category replacement windows

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business.

01/18/2014

Robert S.

The whole job went great they came in removed all the windows replaced them and cleaned up. I thought they might be here 2 days but they only took 1. Was veery impressed with the work.

Description of Work
Replaced 11 old Aluminum windows with vinyln double hung windows.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your business.

01/15/2014

Scott D.

We wanted a door and they did not carry what we wanted, but they came out and we were very impressed with them. They were very friendly and immediately they said that they don’t think they can help us and they did not try to palm anything on us that we did not want. They came out right on time. We set up an appointment and they came out just as quickly as they could get here. They were very professional.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Window World Of Central Alabama to do a door.

Category doors

Thank you for your review! If we can help you with anything in the future please don't hesitate to give us a call!

01/06/2014

Freddie and Deidre C.

Explaining the process and how much time it would take was good.

Description of Work
Have not had the work done yet, but the representative came and gave some estimates. He explained the process to me and answered all my questions. I do intend to use them in the future.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for your review!

11/13/2013

SANDRA M.

In June of 2009,they replaced a storm door and all the windows in my house. The sale and installation went well. The follow-up has been very poor. A couple of the screens seem to be rotted developing small holes in them. I called about it. Never could get a response. Now one of the bay windows has gotten air in it and needs replaced. I called the in August(2013)and after 5 or 6 more calls, I'm still waiting for the replacement. They are pleasant each time I talk to them, but there seems to be little follow-thru.

11/11/2013

RICK A.

Went great, install was fast and professional once windows arrived. We did have small issue with the front entry door install which was taken care of eventually. The shop changed owners after our installation so it took some time for the new owners to get ou and complete the repairs. Overall very satisfied with quality and above all the price as compared to the other major brands...

Description of Work
They removed and installed 26 new double pane, low E, windows with grids. They also removed and installed 2 doors, one was fron entryway with sidelights and other was rear door with built in blind. Price for all was < 12K, doors were same doors quoted by other Major seller for 50% less.

10/22/2013

Cody N.

We didn't utilize them. We never even purchased any windows from anybody. I thought the guy that came in was professional and he was informative with the product that they had. The price was probably reasonable for the quality that you would get. I doubt using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Window World of Central Alabama come into the house and give us an estimate in April of this year.

09/17/2013

andy C.

Great experience. The sales rep Brad was most helpful and knowledable. The windows were ordered and arrived at the warehouse in aprox the time that Brad predicted. The installation was scheduled quickly. The installer Clyde, was fantastic, and did a beautiful job. The install ran longer than thought, and Clyde came back out on saturday afternoon late, to finish the job as he'd promised to do. Buying was easy and pleasant, Installation was great and we are delighted with everything. We have five more windows to replace and will definitely us Window World again.

Description of Work
Installed seven new windows, Including custom sizes

Category replacement windows

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are satisfied and will be happy to help with any project in the future, just give us a call when you are ready! We appreciate you!

05/20/2013

russ S.

they came when they said. two installers. it took 2 days. did a great job. they didnt clean up on the inside (vaccum) as well as they said they would. other than that they were very good at what they do.

Description of Work
had 28 windows installed. with the gas between the glass.

05/14/2013

Joyce G.

I have two homes that needed all windows and doors replaced. Window World had been recommeded by a relative so I tried to get in touch with them. Went to their website and sent an email as their website directed. Explained that I had two older homes that needed all doors and windows replaced to new energy efficient ones. Sent email. Received generic email response from home office in Virginia that evening stating that a local representative would be getting in touch with me soon. NEVER heard from anyone local. The following week I sent an email back to home office stating that I had not heard from anyone. No response. I quite fooling with them and called Champion (which I am super pleased with).

Description of Work
Requested an estimate to replace doors and windows on two homes.

05/14/2013

Douglas M.

We made the mistake of bundling our purchase to save money. Window World has expanded their business to include gutters, garage doors, etc. I liken it to having the person who changes your oil, paint your house, while filing your taxes too. On December 13, 2012 We ordered Windows, gutters with caps, two garage doors and the garage doors were finished last night. May 13, 2013. The windows are great. The Window team was clean and professional. We did wait five extra weeks for that job to finish since two windows were mismeasured, but they all look great. The gutter team was not as clean as the window team. I keep finding screws and brackets in the yard, not to mention the McDonalds trash under my porch. The garage door guy did a great job until my opener broke during installation. We did get a discount on a new opener after that. Once the last parts arrived they finished that job too. I am sure I will not order the front and side entry doors that I had planned when the process first started. Five months from start to finish? The process is too hard to manage when you have all your eggs in one basket!

Description of Work
15 Windows Gutter system with caps Two garage doors and one opener

02/18/2013

LISA C.

No complaints

Description of Work
Quality windows has made the house more energy efficient and beautiful. Great installers, they were down here from Virginia I think since Window World has sold so many contracts and they were slow up there. Professional sales personnel and a great product. No complaints. Demonstrated how the tilt in windows work with locks and cleaning. Great experience.

Above All Garage Doors

Durante Home Exteriors

Durante locally serves customers throughout BIRMINGHAM, HUNTSVILLE, and NASHVILLE metro areas. We are not a chain or a franchise-we're local and we are one of the most trusted names in the home improvement industry! Durante offers outrageously GREAT Customer Service, and when you call our offices you will always speak to a LIVE person who is friendly and ready to serve you! At Durante Home Exteriors, we want to help you, we want to spoil you and we want to make your home look its best! That‘s what you should expect from Durante Home Exteriors. We have hundreds upon hundreds of satisfied customers that turned to Durante for their Home Improvement needs and we have the pictures and testimonials to prove it! If you want a company that’s 100% focused on YOU call US!!

Murphree Roofing Company LLC

We have been in business since 1977and are family owned and operated. We take pride in superior customer satisfaction and top quality on all work. We stand behind all work with written guarantees and timely response on any complaints. We carry an A plus rating with the BBB. We will not ask to be paid untill the customer is happy and satisfied.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Window World vinyl replacement windows are designed to last you a lifetime and will fit nearly any application, price point, and imagination. And to ensure quality, our products undergo on-going rigorous testing by numerous third party organizations to verify they meet the highest standards of performance, quality, value, and safety