According to the FEMA and the US Fire Administration, increased space heater and extension cord use raise the risk of electrical fire. Learn how to stay safe.
Get matched with top Electricians in Mediapolis, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local electricians.
Matching on Angi
Recent Electrician Reviews in Mediapolis
- Blazek Electric IncThey went $6000 over a signed estimate with zero communication, zero change order and would go a month without communicating. Then they would promise to communicate and not show up. They’ve gotten too big for their britches and agree to too much work. Sounds like I am not the only one with this problem based on their Google reviews. You will also be paying $70/hour per guy while they drive to and from the shop and also over their lunch hour. Oh, and you’ll also pay $70/hour/person while they unpack their tools for 1/2 hour when they get there. Then they’ll do an hour or two of work and pack their tools up for another 1/2 hour and then get paid to sit in their truck for their 1 hour lunch. Overall extremely disappointed with overall value, efficiency and communication. Do not recommend
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam
- T&D Electrical LLCWell, for starters, after calling about 6 different groups in Chicago they were the first to call me back. They sent a guy to the apartment we are having electrical issues with and reported back to me promptly. The dispatcher was cordial, bubbly and anxious for my business. This team has its act together from what I can tell, at least thru the assessment process. We may use them again for an expensive fuse box-breaker box switch. I asked the handyman to send me a picture of our outdated fuse box and the dude is a natural photographer. Our issue happened in Buena Park. When you call them ask for Marianne. Tell her Paul of Iowa sent you
- Palmer Electric IncReal quick response time, very reasonably priced, had the option where he could of charged anything that he wanted but he was fair with his pricing and did a quality job.
- Mr. Electric of Kansas City NorthlandIt went very well. He was here pretty promptly. He did a couple of extra things for us besides what the big deal was. Price was good. He was right on time.
- Forest Hills Electrical Contracting IncPaul contacted me as soon as I reached out to him. I chose his business primarily based on his Angie's List ratings and comments that were posted. I was not disappointed. Paul is very professional. I hired an electrical contractor in New York City without meeting him face to face! (Thank you Angie's List and Thank you Paul for participating in Angie's List!!) Wow, was I impressed with Paul's willingness to get my job done as quickly as he could. I was under the gun to get the fuse box replaced ASAP or lose the dwelling insurance. Paul even provided me with documentation I requested in order to prove to the insurance company that a contractor had been hired and the fuse box was going to be replaced!! This bought me more time with the insurance company before they cancelled my insurance policy. The insurance agent came after the job was done and took photos and said Paul's company did a really nice job. The insurance company did not cancel my policy!!! Paul really explains each step of the process and even gives you a heads up for a potential worst case scenario, which in my case didn't happen. Paul coordinated the inspection with the City and Con Ed. He informed me and the surrounding residents that the power would be temporarily off when his crew swapped electrical boxes. He sent me regular updates, he kept me informed of the project's progress, and he sent me a copy of the final City Inspection. He only asked for a partial payment after the new panel was installed. He did not ask for his final payment until the inspection was complete with Con Ed and the City. I felt there was a level of trust between Paul and I that made doing business with him very easy. Paul is very good at communication and giving updates, which I really appreciate. He explains the process at the level you can understand. (This is a comman theme in some of his customer's comments about him.) I would definitely hire Paul's company again
- Mitchell Electric LLCVery well! Joe was the technician who came to my house. He is very friendly, pleasant, and knew exactly what needed to be done. Got right to the job and completed the work efficiently and correctly. He was very knowledgeable so I felt very comfortable with him doing the job. I told him of a couple other things I'd like done and he reported it to the office gal. I hope they send Joe to do the couple of other things I want done
- Ward Electric - IowaWe were very happy with this crew. They were very professional and they did a great job the whole family's happy with all three houses and we would definitely hire them again.
- Ward Electric - IowaFantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. We bought a house built in 1957, and the last remodel had been done sometime in the 70's. We completely gutted the main floor and attic to studs, and rebuilt from there. New layout, the whole deal. Ward did a complete rewire, new panel, data lines, cable, any residential electric you can think of, they took care of. Great guys to work with, kept us in code, answered our (sometimes dumb) questions and worked with us on last minute changes. Came out whenever we needed questions answered or last minute modifications done. Will be contracting them to complete our basement when we get to that part of the remodel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Charlie and Jared (and Jared's apprentice? Sorry forgot his name) were great to work with. If you've worked with many contractors (and I hadnt until this remodel) you'll learn that certain things can happen or issues will come up - but not with these guys. Far and away the best contractors we had...and will be using again. If you need a reference we are happy to be one
- Wineland RemodelingTalked to him over the phone he said that it would cost between 75 and 80 dollars. I thought this was very reasonable. When he was done only charged $30, gave him $40. I own rental property and will use him as much as possible.
Last update on December 20, 2022
Electricians in Mediapolis
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Common household items can present potentially serious electrocution hazards to homeowners, whether it's small appliances, power tools or lighting equipment.
If you’re trying to choose between a circuit breaker vs. a fuse box for your home, our guide will help you decide which electrical panel is right for you.
Find Electricians in
- Morning Sun,
- West Burlington,
- New London,
- Mount Pleasant,
- Columbus Junction,
- Dallas City,
- West Point,
- Fort Madison,
- La Harpe,
- Taylor Ridge,
Electricians in Mediapolis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Edz Electric2925 Shiras Ave
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
- Edz Electric
- Frank Millard & Company Inc107 Valley St
Burlington, Iowa 52601
- Frank Millard & Company Inc
- RIDGWAY ELECTRIC1605 N Court St
Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
- RIDGWAY ELECTRIC