Creating Spaces

Founded 1977 • With Angi since April 2012

528 36th Street

Des Moines, IA 50312

I work with homeowners to clearly define the problems; explore the possibilities; create a proportioally correct Before plan; personalize the designs for the After plan. These drawings are what is needed to effectively communicate with contractors and obtain competitive bids.

08/18/2015

C W.

04/06/2015

Lu S.

I bought a 1915 house a couple of year ago with a rather awkward kitchen space. Marcia showed up at 1:00 p.m. as scheduled. She had with her all the tools and supplies she needed. She measured the spaces and drew a "before" layout with all the details. Then after touring the basement and outside and looking at pluming, electrical and structural issues, she drew an "after" layout again with all the details. I was just hoping for a larger kitchen. Her design gave me that plus a good sized family entrance, first floor 1/2 bath, space for a stackable washer and dryer and a new addition for the kitchen. The solutions is perfect! The drawings are detailed enough to use in getting estimates from contractors. Marcia also gave me a number of tips of the trade in working with contractors. All in all, well worth the time and money!

Description of Work
Marcia Lyon assessed the problems with my kitchen layout and designed a new layout that solved the problems and provided extra space.

07/29/2013

Frederick S.

Marcia was prompt and engaging. She listened to my goals for the spaces and drew plans to make all the bathrooms and master closet more functional. Her plans are made so any contractor can use them.

Description of Work
Consulted with me on architectural changes to two adjoining bathrooms and the master bedroom closet.

02/24/2013

Connie S.

Marcia sat down with us and sketched out plans for our remodel with ideas of how to stay in our current footprint and not add on to our existing house. She sketched several different ideas until she had for us exactly what we wanted. Marcia gave some great ideas that we are incorporating with our plan that is currently underway. She gave us the idea to put the laundry into the closet which makes a lot of sense, instead of a separate laundry room, thus allowing us to stay within our existing footprint. We were very pleased with what Marcia provided us. She was very easy to work with and has great ideas. We have seen her at the DM Home Show many times and she also has a couple books that have been extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Design concept for a master bedroom suite with walk in closet remodel in existing 3 bedroom ranch style house.

Category remodeling, architect

04/23/2012

paula M.

Excellent Service with Professional Quality When I needed more space, I called contractor after contractor-friend after friend to get ideas about what I could do. They all had different ideas, but all of them included a basic addition which increased our square footage, but didn't address the problems I had with the rest of the house. Needless to say, I were frustrated. ?A friend turned me to Marcia's column "Creating Spaces" about remodeling design and after talking with her, I knew I had found the help I needed! She asked me for a priority list, which included a and ldquo;wish listand rdquo; of ideas I could have only dreamed about. ??After a walk-through of my house, Marcia sat down and prepared a and ldquo;beforeand rdquo; sketch. In a short time, my remodeling dilemma was solved! I love the new and ldquo;afterand rdquo; plan, which included all my priority items and even some of the wish list items! In just one meeting, she showed me multiple options, responded to my ideas, and solved every problem in the house. She even suggested changing the direction a door swing which alleviated a door conflict I dealt with for years. ??I whole-heartedly recommend Marcia's service. She gave me a direction I loved, and floor plans and information in order to get competitive bids from contractors. She took the fear out of the process and empowered me to know what could be done. ??PS The contractor I picked loved the drawings and had no problem executing the project as drawn. PPSS By the way, because she writes a syndicated newspaper column, she works in many cites.

Description of Work
An Architect that figures a way to provide more space in my home. I then presented my plan to my contractor Dan Oberlander--also an outstanding comtractor!

Top Gun Contractors of Grimes, LLC

We specialize in all phases of remodeling for your home, with our focus on finishing basements, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

RE-Builders LLC

RE-Builders = RE-Pair, RE-Place, RE-Model Residential and Commercial handyman / contractor. Licensed, Insured, and Bonded. Additions to remodels. New-build to patch a hole in the wall. Large and Small projects. RE-Builders brings craftsmanship back. RE-Builders can do the majority of interior and exterior projects. If it does not require a special license (electrician / plumber) we can do the job design to finish. RE-Builders is Licensed, Insured, and Bonded. RE-Builders is Veteran Owned and Operated with over 30 years experience in the construction trades.

Premier Construction Services

Premier Construction Services is a full service general contracting firm. We have been serving the Des Moines area since 2005 and work with only the finest subcontractors. Free estimates on all residential and commercial projects. Please visit our website at www.premierconstructiondm.com to learn about our company and to view some past projects. Quality you deserve at prices you can afford!

General Remodeling

REMODELING DESIGN -conceptual design[ that contractors can work from] in a single session in your home [or cyber consulting if you have scaled floor plans] for a flat fee

Working drawings; element design or details; construction