Need to make an educated decision when hiring a contractor to waterproof your home's basement? Here's what you need to know when making a hiring decision.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Land O Lakes, FL
There are 3 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Land O Lakes
- '58 FoundationsThey did a good job and they were more economical than some of the other bids I'd looked into. There were some issues, but they came back right away and fixed them.
- Crawlspace DoctorWe have been fighting this battle for 2 years now. I have had to redo carpet and tiles every time we had any sort of moisture form. They came in and gave us an assessment, and then called to follow up a day later. We scheduled the appointment, and they came and were in and out in about 3 hours. My wife and children were at home alone that day, and the guys who came to do the work were amazing! My wife called and told me that they went above and beyond the call and that she felt overly comfortable all day long, and was not stressed about having workers in our house. They also did a large amount of haul away for us, which was not agreed upon, but they did it with no questions asked. My basement is now movie central, as well as a huge play area for my kids. For 2 years in was wasted square footage in our house, and now it is our preferred area. Crawlspace Doctor gets an A++ from us, and I will recommend them to anyone who asks! Thank you to them and Angie's List for making this a smooth and painless experience
- Crawlspace DoctorExcellent. Arrived on time and worked around my schedule. Completed work in a timely manner. Checked with me about any concerns all during the project.
- APD Advanced StabilizationTC was communicative and proactive. He called to let me know he was on his way when he was delayed in traffic for his scheduled meeting. He was honest when presented with the facts of our situation and told me that there was a good possibility the problem would not be resolved by his company's solution, nor could they warranty work performed. He provided information on other possible service providers that may have more complex and expensive but effective solutions. I am grateful to TC for his honesty and integrity. Based on the high quality of their employee, I would definitely work with APD in the future for problems within the scope of their solution efficacy
- Foundation Systems of MichiganExcellent job by a crew of 4 very hard working guys. They spent most of the time from 9am to 7 pm under the house. Everything that was in the crawl space, and didn't belong, was removed and hauled away. Workmanship was great! I would hire them again and recommend them to anyone.
- Atlas Restoration LLCThe project we are planning is far off in the future. My impression of the person from Atlas Restoration LLC was that he was professional, well informed and knowledgeable. The price was comparable to everyone else. They were good. I would consider using them in the future.
- David Spence Inc.As a professional in the health care field, I am very familiar with the importance and value of customer service. I can say without reservation that David Spence and his staff are among the best I have dealt with when it comes to this area. In my experience what separates an average business from an excellent business is what happens after the sale/job is complete. After having my garage door "stick" when opening and closing 6 months after the install, I emailed DSI and received a response the next morning from Kristy Mahoney. She said she would have Sean come out the very same afternoon to fix this. Despite a major rainstorm, Sean showed up as promised with a smile even though he had been working all day and it was already early evening. He promptly identified the problem and corrected it with some sanding and repainting. He left saying to "please call back for anything you may need". I got a follow up email the next day from Kristy to make sure I was happy and to see if there was anything else that can be done. This type of service unfortunately has become rare nowadays but I am very happy to see DSI takes pride in this area. The quality of the work itself was outstanding as I had some water intrusion related problems that quickly resolved after the waterproofing work was done. David used high quality product to ensure long lasting results. In summary, DSI represents what is right and how good business is conducted. David even spent a significant amount of time with me in person explaining in detail the nature of the job and answered all of my questions with a smile. I will definitely use DSI for any home repair/construction related needs in the future and can feel confident in saying you will be just as satisfied if you decide to use them as well. Jorge
- David Spence Inc.Our neighbors on Swann used DSI after the August flash flooding hit our area. I jogged by every day to observe the process and the progress. After several months I asked them if there had been any reccurance of their waster problems and they had the biggest grins on their faces when they happily said "NO!" We live in a lower area not far from the bay and have always had problems with water coming under the floor in our lower than grade living room (despite three unsuccessful contracting efforts to fix the problem). I called Mr Spence to set up an appointment and he was right on time the day of. He spent a considerable amount of time walking the area with me, educating me on the Hydro Stop application process and identifying other areas that needed refurbishing. Upon receipt of the estimate the next day I immediately hired DSI. To begin, the DSI crew arrived every day promptly at 8 am. They were courteous, quiet, respectful and they worked continuously throughout the day. They wiped their feet every time they walked on our newly installed pool pavers and they did not allow any debris whatsoever to hit the pool. They did NOT block the driveway or in any way impede our family's rather hectic lifestyle. They cleaned up every day and covered all loose dirt with tarps. The first day they dug a trench around 3/4 of the house, down to the footer. This was complicated by roots, catch basins, cable wires and poorly placed pipes. Nevertheless they completed their task. Day 2 was spent cleaning the affected area (previous contractors had used roofing sealant in some areas) and prepping first installation of the Hydro Stop slurry. The morning of the third day we had surprise thunderstorms and I was worrying about the effect the rain would have on the previous day's work when the DSI truck pulled up and the guys immediately set to work to cover affected areas. In addition, as the rain increased they stayed outside in the thunderstorm to dig a 4 foot diversionary hole for water accumulation. The remainder of the time was spent on the completion of the first slurry, installation of the membrane (a meticulous and time consuming process), the second slurry coat and installation of block in the back. Because of the rain delay they came back on Saturday to complete the job. Throughout the entire process David Spence inspected, reinspected and re reinspected the application of the Barrier Guard. I cannot express just how delighted I am with this whole process. Mr Spence is not only an expert on hydrostatic pressure, but as my wife said, "is a man who lives his faith". I give DSI my strongest referral. This is a company, guided by its owner, that provides excellent service and product and has caring individuals who treat their clients as they would their own families. He will be back next year to do our windows
- David Spence Inc.Ryan and Cory arrived on time and were very nice. They got right to work tearing up old laminate. They discovered mold under the laminate padding and advised I get it treated for a small additional amount, which I did. When all was completed, I was VERY pleased!!!! My floors were all flat again!!!! And the crew cleaned up after themselves as if they were never there! All sawdust sucked up by shop vac. I will definitely use these folks again, very impressed! I also want to mention other contractors wanted to rip up all my floors and lay new sub-floors, but David wanted to save me money and recommended we repair. was a great suggestion that saved us thousands!!!
- David Spence Inc.After a major rainstorm we had standing water about 6 inches above ground level on the NE side of our home. Water seeped through the foundation into the house and we had no idea how to permanently fix it. We started researching Angie's List and discovered David Spence. David is a busy guy and was booked out about a week. He came to our appointment on time, assessed the situation and suggested we start with a heavy duty water barrier. He explained his experiences with Hydro-Stop and how it is applied. He emailed us a link about the product and an estimate as promised. Initially we were only going to fix the area where we knew we had trouble indoors. After reading about Hydro-Stop, we were impressed and decided to extend the area to be coated. David revised the estimate for us. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it continued to rain for the next 4 weeks. As soon as the area dried enough DSI scheduled Sean & Corey to start work. They dug a trench next to the exterior, did a light sand to clean off the walls and began the process of applying the slurry, membrane and more coats of slurry. They arrived early, worked nonstop and finished the whole job in 2 days. We couldn't believe it. The "feels like" temperature was 99 degrees, they had to cut through roots the entire way and were still smiling. Sean and Corey were very polite, nice young men who encouraged us to inspect their progress. At the end of the first day we were worried it would rain, water would fill the trench and flood inside again. Sean gave us his personal cell phone number and told us to call if anything happened. When they finished on the 2nd day they back-filled the trench and cleaned up the area. Before they left they wanted to be sure we were happy with the job. We are confident the Hydro-Stop will prevent water from seeping through the foundation again! We are very thankful David recommended this solution and had the expertise to do the job
Last update on September 3, 2020
Basement Waterproofers in Land O Lakes
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Avoiding water in your basement starts with implementing effective waterproofing strategies for your home. Check out these seven green basement waterproofing tips to do the job.
A French drain costs around $9,250 to install, but several factors will determine the final price you pay. Learn the cost to install French drains in this guide.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Shady Hills,
- San Antonio,
- New Port Richey,
- Wesley Chapel,
- Port Richey,
- Bayonet Point,
- Tarpon Springs,
- Spring Hill,
- Temple Terrace,
- Town N Country,
- Palm Harbor,
- Ridge Manor
waterproofing contractors in Land O Lakes
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- APD Advanced Stabilization13049 Spring Hill Dr
Spring Hill, Florida 34609
- APD Advanced Stabilization
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
Seattle, Washington 98118
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Iga Construction6970 wallis rd Suite 1c
West Palm Beach, Florida 33413
- Iga Construction
- Magoulis Tile, Inc5925 Lantern Ct
New Port Richey, Florida 34652
- Magoulis Tile, Inc
- Nick Kavanaugh Construction Inc12113 Fruitwood Dr
Riverview, Florida 33596
- Nick Kavanaugh Construction Inc
- Reliable Contracting IncPO Box 252
Zephyrhills, Florida 33539
- Reliable Contracting Inc
- SPECIALIZED COATINGS INC255 Dunbridge Drive D
Palm Harbor, Florida 34684
- SPECIALIZED COATINGS INC
- TODD HOMES CORPORATION1005 W BUSCH BLVD SUITE 106
Tampa, Florida 33612
- TODD HOMES CORPORATION