Precision Door Service

Founded 1999 โ€ข With Angi since August 2006

We know your time is valuable so your call will be answered by a live operator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we will schedule your appointment at a time that is convenient for you. We provide same day garage door repair service and are available when you need us. We don't charge extra for

Raised Panel with Prairie WindowsCambridge Verwood Door with Danube WindowsCambridge Verwood Door with Closed Arch

garage doors (645)door installation (39)

10/20/2022

Linda M.

Same day-arrived on time & an excellent job was finished. Reasonable price.

Description of Work
garage doors repaired

Work Completed On 10/20/2022

09/09/2020

Tom R.

Excellent service providers. They came on very short notice on the same day my spring broke and rendered the door inoperable. The father and son team were exceptionally helpful in explaining the replacement needs as well as helpful service I could do in the future. They were very thorough and adjusted the tension, settings and controllers. Great people who cared about their work. I highly recommend them. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

Description of Work
Replace broken springs and reseat the garage door opener and supporting rails.

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

08/06/2020

Linda I.

Tim and Reggie arrived on time, listened to my dilemma with the old opener, and gave me several options that would work well for me. I am very pleased with the new opener and the entire package they installed today! I highly recommend Precision - true professionals!

Description of Work
Needed a new opener with security sensors, keypad, track, etc.

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

06/19/2020

Gregory G.

It was great! The guy's name was Wesley. He was friendly and knowledgeable .

Description of Work
They replaced the rollers and did a tune up. They made it work well!

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

06/13/2020

Terry H.

Well as promised, the doors now operate quiet and smoothly. I highly recommend Precision Door Co. for your Garage door repairs or any type of service.

Description of Work
The 3 garage doors needed new rollers, torsion springs, cables, bottom seals and bearings.

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

06/02/2020

Robert F.

I received a proposal for replacing my residential garage door and opener. Florida is The Shoddy State. The consumer's best protection against shoddy work is a good contract. The contract provided to me by Precision Door Service is shoddy. A contract must accurately detail the materials to prevent substitution fraud. The first item: 1 16x7 HERITAGE 3000 short panel in white This is supposed to be Amarr brand. Because no brand is specified, any brand could be substituted, especially a counterfeit. Likewise with item four: 4 WIFI LED BELT DRIVE MOTOR This is supposed to be a Liftmaster model WLED, a rather expensive unit. Because neither the make nor model are specified, a cheaper and inferior item could be substituted. The contents of this item are unknown: 7 PDS HARDWARE KIT For the longevity of the installation, especially the torsion springs, good-quality parts are needed. The quality of the parts provided here cannot be determined. This item is overpriced: 6 LM 877 MAX KEYPAD 1.00 $99.00 The retail price for a Liftmaster LM877 is $40, and it is wireless. The contractor is charging $99 to stick a $40 part on the side of the house. Rodent guards are obviously needed in this area. Precision Door Service will not install them. The proposal could include statements such as, "All garage door items are Amarr brand, unless otherwise specified. All door opener items are Liftmaster brand, unless otherwise specified." I asked Precision Door Service to revise their proposal to include the make and model of the materials, and they declined to make any changes. I do not accuse this contractor of wrongdoing; however, there are no good reasons for providing a bad contract.

Description of Work
Replace garage door and opener

Work Completed On 04/22/2020

Review for Precision Door Service - 6676 Columbia Park Dr S, Jacksonville, FL - 38617542

Mr.[Member Name Removed], while we really appreciate all feedback, I do think this is very unfair. Our company strives to provide the highest customer service possible, install the best products available and employ the best people to ensure that the workmanship is done to the highest standard so that your purchase will last as long as possible. I can assure you that our contracts are not written in any way to try to mislead anyone. Every product installed is ordered directly from the factory and has all the identifying labels on the products. We do thousands of jobs every year and NEVER had someone claim that we installed an inferior product than what we represented at the time of the purchase. The majority of our work comes from referrals of previous clients and while we are certainly not perfect, we do everything possible to have 100% customer satisfaction. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure that all the new doors that we put in meet the customers expectations and meet all of the municipal codes, permitting and inspections required. This rating is very unfortunate considering that we have never provided any work to you.

03/09/2020

Frank W.

I am very impressed by this company. They serviced my automatic garage door opener on a Sunday, which surprised me. The technician came as scheduled and resolved the problem for no charge (Precision had installed the opener two years ago). I agreed for him to perform maintenance service for a nominal fee. What I really appreciated was the follow up call on the next day to make sure that everything was operating properly. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
troubleshooting a problem

Work Completed On 03/08/2020

02/25/2020

Jim N.

Rather expensive and the door sounds like a screeching bird. However, they were on time and very polite.

Description of Work
Replace garage door

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us a chance to get this issue resolved. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks again, Michelle

Gary H.

My older garage door opener failed and needed to be replaced. I could certainly have replaced it for cheaper, but they came out the same day, the technician was courteous, polite and knowledgable, and he replaced the garage door opener with a new unit in about an hour. I'm very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Garage door opener installation

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

Keven W.

Rep who came out was punctual and clean. Prices were expensive, was very pushy, upset when I told him he was here to provide quote and I'll call back if he got the job, said here to di work not just give quote. Finally wrote up estimate I told him others' estimate and he proceeded to tell me how much better he and precision are and worth the extra money. Like their product but not the pushiness. Ended up using another installer who was local, veteran, and cheaper.

Description of Work
Garage door fix

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

Mary M.

Wonderful from start to now. They call us whenever it's normal time for maintenance, arrive on time and complete their work efficiently. We are happy to deal with them.

Description of Work
Installation and Maintenance on Hurricane garage door.

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

01/27/2020

Robert D.

Great. Called at abt 9AM. The door was fixed by 1PM. Friendly, quick and professional job. Made sure the door settings were readjusted and lubed the wheels in the rails. Will use them again, or recommend them to family.

Description of Work
replace springs on garage door

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

01/19/2020

robert C.

FAST AND EFFICIENT REPLACEMENT TWO MEN

Description of Work
RE[LACE TWO GARAGE DOOR OPENERS

Work Completed On 01/19/2020

11/17/2019

Rebecca P.

From start to finish, the project went perfectly. Every person I delt with, from the call center to initial visit to installation were professional and very courteous. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replace garage door

Work Completed On 11/17/2019

09/13/2019

Amanda C.

From beginning to end, Precision Doors were quick, professional, and courteous. Customer service was fantastic! Shane was awesome! We will definitely be calling Precision Doors next time we need our garage door or garage door opener serviced.

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Replaced

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

08/20/2019

Brooke E S.

Amazing! George arrived early, fixed the door, and went ahead and replaced the rollers and lubricated the hinges for me while here! Super experience! Thank you!

Description of Work
The garage door opener arm pulled off of the door!

07/24/2019

Tom T.

The technician, Wes, was outstanding. Prompt, courteous, competent and well versed. The price was good because they had a special on. The only negative is they don't give free estimates. The basic visit fee is $49 and only a technician can give you the estimate. The phone answer people didn't even no the details of pricing. They could only give a range of prices for the springs.

Description of Work
Replace a broken torsion spring on a 2-car garage door. (Requires replacing both springs)

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

05/08/2019

Rita W.

Called Precision and spoke with Christina, who was very helpful. She was able to set us up with a repair call the same day. Frank, the repair tech, was very punctual and knowledgeable. He quickly made the repair. We were very pleased with our overall experience with Precision.

Description of Work
Replace garage door springs

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

05/02/2019

Hiroshi G.

Great. The contacted me quickly and arranged a time. The next day Wes the service tech came out and was friendly and informative. He answered all my questions honestly and helped me decide on the right opener for me. The installation was under and hour. He showed me how to maintain my old garage door after he was done. He also answered my questions about getting a new door. Wes did a great all around job all.I'm going to contact them again when I eventually replace my garage door.

Description of Work
Install a garage door that I purchased from them

Work Completed On 05/02/2019

03/20/2019

William C.

Tim Van Vuren did a fantastic job. I thought I was going to need another Garage Door Opener, but he recommended a new receiver for my existing opener. He saved me 2 or 3 hundred dollars. I will definitely hire Precision again.

Description of Work
Opener remotes.

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

03/06/2019

NL R.

I checked Angie's List for a reputable company to fix an issue with my garage door. The opener was really loud and the door would close, then open, and then shut down. I asked my property manager to call Precision since they had so many glowing reviews. They were able to come out that day. Jeff, the tech. told me via phone that it looked like the door needed to be replaced and quoted me a price of $1350. The current garage door is solid wood and looks to be in good shape, so I questioned the need for a replacement. He then informed me that at the very least, the door needed to be rebuilt. I asked what that entailed, and he listed cables, springs, and rollers. He then quoted me a price of $699. He stated that he couldn't go down at all....not even to include the 5% discount offer on Angie's List. He said that if he priced it all out, each item would cost significantly more than the $699 total and that he was waiving the service fee. It seemed like a really high quote, but I have had really good luck in the past selecting companies recommended by others via Angie's List. So, I went for it! And guess what? The work done did not fix the problem, which was an issue with the garage door opener. When I spoke to Jeff to express my dissatisfaction (how would you feel if you spent $747 [699+ tax] to fix something, and your "pro" decided to "fix" something else), he simply stated, "Well, it needed to be done." He then listed the charges for purchasing and installing a new unit....AS IF!!!!! Maybe it was just the technician....I hope so!

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

01/18/2019

Suzanne L.

In response to my previous review for Jan17,2019. My address is actually in Palm Coast, Fl. I previously lived in Dunedin, Fl. Precision Doors that I contacted was the Daytona phone number. If this is not the same company then I am deeply sorry. When I called the Jacksonville number before, they gave me the Daytona number so I assumed it was the same company and owners. If this is not the case then please remove my reviews and get again apologize.

Description of Work
This is to clarify a previous review

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

01/18/2019

Suzanne L.

I called at 6:06pm. Although they advertise no additional charges for nights or weekends, I was told it would be 79$ instead of the normal 39$. I was told that After 6:00 pm is considered emergency service. Iโ€™m sorry but 6:00pm is evening and if youโ€™re charging 40$ more then you are charging more for evenings. They advertise same day service but I was told that they couldnโ€™t come until early the next morning. I was also told that between 7-9am was still considered emergency service. This seems to be false advertising. Apparently same day service and no extra for evenings only applies if you use the regular business hours. I have used this company before and had a good experience. This was very disappointing.

Description of Work
Garage door was sticking. I couldnโ€™t get it to go down or retract completely.