ELO Restoration

Founded 2014 • With Angi since February 2014

4.3

3415 Kori Rd

Jacksonville, FL 32257

ELO Restoration is a family owned and operated roofing contractor specializing in the residential market. We offer many years of experience and we pride ourselves in providing reliable service, quality craftsmanship & materials, and the highest level of customer service from onset to completion of

01/13/2021

Jimmie S.

My project manager was Mr. Jim Bodlak. His performance/responsiveness was 4.0(Navy grading system). He made it clear that if I had any concerns or questions about the new roof , he was the man to call. My wife and I love our new roof. Ms Michelle Macy in accounts receivable was a pleasure to work with, always keeping me informed with the status of financial transactions with my insurance company, mortgage company and ELO Restorations. Both of the people mentioned in this review have top notch people skills.

Description of Work
Replace existing roof and reroof

Category roofing, chimney caps

12/14/2020

matt S.

Proffesional and great customer service. Tom Scarbrough the project manager walked through the entire process start to finish. Tom is what customer service is all about. He made getting a roof a pleasant experience. Done in a day and a half and looks flawless. I was updated throughout the process. Thomas (Supervisor) and Roofing crew did an outstanding job on the installation and final cleanup of the yard before departure. Without a doubt will recommend to Neighbors, Friends and Family.

Description of Work
Had a New Roof installed

09/18/2020

Larry F.

They'll repair your roof. Rip off your gutters without telling you. Tell you they'll replace them and never do it. Then you'll wake up with a lien against your property one day.

Description of Work
Roof install

Category home builders

02/24/2018

Jan V.

They are very professional, reasonable and never left me hanging. I could not asked for more.

Description of Work
They repaired my whole roof.

02/21/2018

Patricia G.

We were confronted with sales associates that came in our area after the storm. Since we had already filed a claim with our insurance company, that was all we had left to do, find a contractor. It was good at first as they were offering free upgrades. It did take a long while as they wanted the deductible up front just to get on the schedule. Once we paid the deductible it still took 3 weeks before anyone came out. I understand pretty much all contractors were swamped so to the amount of claims from the hurricane, so we were okay with that. I was surprised when the material & dumpster was delivered without notice as we were not home at the time. I would have expected a phone call. It only took them a day & 1/2 to complete the project. And so far I’m pleased with the results. Now on to the next step....getting the depreciation from the insurance company.

Description of Work
We had our roof replaced due to hurricane Irma.

10/09/2017

Gwen S.

The roof was done great. But having a hard time on their warranty for the Chimney Cap

Description of Work
We had the roof done and the Chimney Cap replace. They did a great job on that 2 years ago. But, I'm trying to get them out to replace the Chimney Cap the blue off in the hurricane I've called them 5 times and no one's called me back

Category roofing, chimney caps

09/01/2017

George G.

While canvassing our neighborhood, their sales rep approached me at home about roof storm damage, I agreed to an inspection and estimate. All went well until the actual roofing installation. Project salesmanship and help with the insurance were great (no surprise), but project planning and management were inadequate from the start. Very limited communications with me were flawed or incomplete. At some point, collection of insurance money became more important than supervising and completing the job. Although, I signed over the insurance payment (100%) the city’s final inspection had not been completed nor had it been scheduled, accordingly, I informed the roofer after I discovered such. The roof failed the final inspection (3 items) which included an area with inadequate pitch which the contractor “repaired” (I had expressed concern about that particular area multi-times starting with the initial contact.). At the re-inspection, the inspector agreed with me that the repair “looked bad,” but it "met code". After several attempts and run-a-rounds for weeks after the work, it became obvious my dissatisfaction with a workmanship “botched repair” did not matter. Just recently, I finally wrote the owners based on their welcome letter expressed desire to hear about their customer's satisfaction or issues, so I detailed my experiences including phone message records and photos. Once again, after not receiving any feedback, I left messages with the local Jacksonville office and a field sales contact, but there has been no response. I assumed that over a year after the work would be sufficient time to get someone’s attention, and action if it were to happen. Perhaps I should wait until the “warranty” is about to expire and see if I can get results then!

Description of Work
Complete home roof insurance claim in July 2017.

05/22/2017

Joseph E.

I went with R&W because they offered a free upgrade to architectural shingles. After they completed the job, there were roofing nails everywhere. They left my satellite dish hanging by the coax wire right next to a window. I suspect that they purposefully threw trash down one of my vent pipes because my sewage backed up about a week after the job was complete, and shingles came up through my drain pipe. Some of the shingles were not laying flat a month after the job was complete. The salesman glued them down. The biggest headache came when trying to pay the bill. The salesman told me that I didn't need to do anything else, and that they would contact my insurance company directly. Fast forward two months. I was in the process of refinancing my house, and I find out that their is a lien on my house. I had already paid the majority of the money, and was just waiting for the final bill to be paid. I called my insurance company to see what the holdup was, and they told me that they never received the final bill. After a few weeks of back and forth calls to the salesman I finally got the final bill to the insurance company. I hand delivered the final payment to their office. I notified my mortgage co. A few days later I heard back from the title agency that the lien is still active because R&W says I still owe them $61. Really??? I made another visit to their office, and it turns out that they overcharged me $500. Get your act together. By this time I had paid an additional $600 to extend the rate lock for the refinance. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

03/13/2017

Karma L.

I had to call the office several times to get and left numerous messages before we had a date set-up for the install. Over 1 month when we were promised 2 weeks. The actual crew was great, but the foremen were never to be found. It took them 5 days to complete, even working on the weekend; Saturday & Sunday. I had to ask numerous times for the lien release and to date, still have not received the warranty paperwork so I can submit to my insurance company. And it's been over 3 months. Very poor communication. I would not recommend.

Description of Work
We had them complete a re-roof.

03/10/2017

glen K.

Pretty much perfect. Project was started and completed in 1 day (3-9-17). The installation team did a great job lining my house perimeter with tarps and started work at 7:30. The old roof and tar paper was off by noon, and the new vents, underlayerment, and Duration Shingle all completed by 6pm. Everything was cleaned up and put into the dumpster. The county inspector came while the roof was being installed and said they were doing a great job. Roofing is a loud and dirty project but it is great if they can get it all done in 1 day with enough workers that work fast and smart. With Duration, the roof will now withstand 140mph wind and 50 year wear! Well worth the extra money, and of course it is an architectural shingle that looks exceptionally nice on my brick home.

Description of Work
A complete reroof of my 2400 sq ft home.

02/25/2017

dawn H.

This company has an interesting business model, you know the one where they refuse to return calls & messages (6 times) from the customer who is pointing out accounting irregularities. I can only imagine if a warranty issue arises. cc. Angie's List, Yelp, BBB, Julington Creek Plantation HOA, Very disappointed in the level of service. Reading other reviews, my experience isn't unique.

Description of Work
roofing replacement which as far as the work was fine - though extremely messy and lacking of care. 100's of nails left behind. very dangerous

02/04/2016

Alfred C.

Roof is very complex with a steep pitch and many nooks and crannies. Crew arrived when scheduled,worked diligently and professionally. Did a good job on a tough roof. Roof looks great. Cleanup after the job was good. When removing the old roof, crew inadvertently damaged a decorative water fountain and two shrubs. R&W reimbursed me for the damages with no hassle at all. Very pleased with the work and would recommend this company to others needing roofing services.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and replaced with a new roof.

01/07/2016

Brian N.

It's went good so far. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Helped us with some roofing needs around our vents

09/18/2015

Ron C.

Called several contractors and left emails and phone messages but none responded in a timely manner. Finally looked on Angie's List and selected Rogero & Williams. Derrick Williams took the phone call, was out the next morning, analyzed the problem, fixed the leak and left me a very happy customer who will call on them for any future construction work needed. This is a very responsive, professional and competent company doing quality work. I would highly recommend them to all.

Description of Work
Had a minor leaking problem with the roof. Tried to locate and fix myself but was unsuccessful.

06/10/2015

Chris P.

The entire staff was very professional and courteous with us. They arrived in a timely manner to start the replacement of our damaged roof. They were very efficient and professional in all aspects of tearing down and replacement of the roof. The removal of the old roof trash was also done in a timely manner as well. The hole job was done in one day and the results are great, thanks to the entire staff of Rogero & Williams Roofing.

Description of Work
The provider efficiently replace our homes stormed damaged roof.

06/01/2015

Donald N.

The roof looks great and overall service was good, Project manager (Danny Stella) was easy to get ahold of when we had questions and very professional. Paperwork with the insurance copy went smooth. I would recommend this company.....

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

04/27/2015

Maurya S.

Rogero and Williams did everything they said they would....and more. I wanted a roof inspection prior to listing my home for sale and they discovered some issues and took care of it. When the home inspector found a minor problem (as home inspector's always do) I called the office and they sent someone over within a day and took care of the problem so I would not have to delay my closing. Derek and his team are awesome. Excellent customer service!!

Description of Work
Roof inspection prior to listing home for sale. Replaced shingle.

04/24/2015

Richard W.

It was great. They came out and did a quick job- checked out the roof and everything, told me what he saw and did a quick service thing. He gave me advice and told me he would come back for another round when they whether changed to double check. He was very good and I will probably ask him to do it every few years. He seemed experienced and competent and went about doing what he needed to do without needing me involved. It was quick and painless and I feel I got what I was looking for. He completed the service within an hour.

Description of Work
They did roof maintenance.

04/16/2015

STEPHEN P.

That is probably my chief and no one from Angie?s List ever followed up on it and I?m very annoyed about that. I have made two phone calls and we got to speak to a supervisor and no one even called me back. To top it off, someone renewed my membership without my knowledge. So I am not in the best of mood right now at Angie?s List. For the roofing company, I spoke to two different people on two different occasions and they were supposed to forward it to their supervisor and I was promised that I would be called back and didn?t and what came to this matter a little bit more was that I have never been contacted, no one held up their word. That is the problem, it?s not to advertise but I complained about it and I spoke to someone and they assured me that I would be speaking to a supervisor to get me off but no one has ever called me back and this is almost a year ago. Now you understand why I?m so angry. I left a message February 1 and I was connected to a supervisor?s line and I left a message and someone assured me that I would speaking to someone before the week was over but no one called. The service cost me a $149 and I did not even get my money?s worth. I could have gotten the same and exact information from having someone give me a roof estimate which would have been cost me nothing. The claim for service was nothing worth they provided, absolutely nothing and Angie?s List did nothing about it. The service claim was for a roof maintenance project for $149 they will come out and inspect your roof. But they didn?t bring anything than a ladder and did nothing. They were supposed to be doing maintenance because that was I paid for. That was extremely false advertising and they are still doing it. I honestly don?t believe that Angie?s List even cares about any of these problems. These people are just making something that seems worthy so people will sign up and they don?t give the service that they are supposed to be bragging about. I don?t recall if this company have good reviews. They did not provide any service. They did not do any maintenance at all. They looked at it and told me what is worn up there and did not replace anything and that was supposed to be their package. They got here two days later or about a day and a half after I paid for it. They were here on the spot but they did nothing. They were on time. They talked a good talk, the salesman was good but I was extremely pissed with their service and with Angie?s List.

Description of Work
I have a complaint for Rogero & Williams Roofing & Construction. They were supposed to give me a roof maintenance and inspection service.

(Member name removed) My name is David Bassett with Rogero & Williams Roofing and I have no records with your name or address. Can you please call me direct so we can get this cleared up and found out who you spoke with.

04/12/2015

Romaine M.

My initial meeting with the $89 fee I paid for a consult involved talking to Dave Basset, showing him the water damage in the house and looking from the ground at the way the roof is constructed. Dave didn't go up on the roof but assured me that 95% of the time the problem was the well that ran down between my house and the chimney. He went back to the office and gave me a quote for which he reduced the price $100 "for worst case" repairs to reimburse me for the $89 inspection fee. There was a bit of a mix up with the first repairman who arrived at my house at 4:00 when he should have been there in the morning. I could expand but it would do nothing of value here. The long and short of it is another repairman was to be sent the next day. The next morning another man and his helper arrived at the house. They got on the roof and said they needed to get in the attic to find out exactly what the problem was. I don't know if what Dave expected to be the problem was but from what I understood there was some other things wrong up there. The workers spent about 5-6 hours working on the repair. I've seen a few of the pictures during the repair job but have yet to discuss them with Dave. And I haven't gotten to them all yet. OH, Mr. Williams himself came to the house to talk to me and apologize again for the mishap the previous day. I don't know if the repair was fixed but hopefully we'll get a lot of rain and I can make sure. At this point, though, I'm satisfied with the workers and their thoroughness. And I'm confident that if I do find moisture in the house after a big rain that Dave will make sure he get that resolved. He also took off $$ from the total in apology for the mishap. It wasn't necessary but is the reason I'm changing my review from good to excellent. This company wants to make sure their customers are happy.

Description of Work
Repaired my roof. There was a leak manifesting itself in my house. The culprit was bad or damaged flashing at the chimney/roof junction,

Category roofing, chimney repair

04/09/2015

Sara B.

Rogero and Williams Roofing and Construction came on time and I was prepared for news of repairs needed as a tree service warned me about areas that were "spongy". The gentlemen explained to me that the "give" was natural and necessary for expansion under high temperatures. He did point out areas that I would need to watch: fireplace flashing, a receding nail and skylight accumulation of debris but said the roof was in general good condition. I was pleasantly relieved.

Description of Work
Inspected my roof for possible damage.

03/24/2015

Alice C.

I found Rogero & Williams Roofing on Angie's List after I placed my home on the market and needed to replace my roof before closing. My experience with David Bassett has been exceptional and he has been there every step of the way to make certain things were handled promptly and professionally. My roof replacement included an insurance claim and David is very knowledgeable about the claims process and assisted in every way possible. David definitely went above and beyond to make certain that everything was handled promptly. Every employee of Rogero & Williams I encountered was professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend Rogero & Williams Roofing to anyone who needs roof replacement or repair.

Description of Work
Replaced roof.

03/04/2015

JEFF & TESS W.

The provider talked with the insurance company inspector, after which my claim for a re-roof because of wind damage was approved. We then drew up a contract, made the choices of shingles and other materials, and then scheduled the re-roof. I selected the roofer primarily because he was listed on Angie's List and had good reviews. Although the job was scheduled for 12/23, the crew arrived a 0645 a day early. Since they arrived on the wrong day, I was not at the residence. When I finally arrived later in the day, the crew was finished! Although it is possible to strip a roof and re-roof in the same day for the size of the house, it is unusual. Also, the shingle delivery man wanted a damage waiver signed before they would deliver, but I refused and they delivered anyway. The overall re-roof appeared to be of high quality; however, since I was not there to observe, I have no idea of the quality of the workmanship of applying the sheeting prior to the shingles. I also was not able to inspect the roof decking after it was stripped. The workmanship on the vents and vent pipe cover installations was excellent, and overall, the shingle work was very good, I would say that their workmanship is as good as most contractors in the Jacksonville area. They use high quality materials. For example, they use lead pipe covers versus the less durable sheet metal versions with the rubber boots. They also did an outstanding job of cleaning the area and removing the excess materials from the job site. Additionally, they ordered more than enough materials to do the job. Some contractors skimp to save money and run out of shingles, slowing the job, but the provider had everything there. My major concern was the major disconnect on having the work crew arriving on the wrong day. For a job as big and as important as a re-roof, I wanted to be present to at least observe the work as it was being done. It appeared that they used a sub-contract crew - hence the mix up on the scheduling. With that said, David, the provider's rep, was professional and very responsive throughout the process. Because of the quality of the work and the speed at which they did the job, I would consider using them for another re-roof. They may not be the best out there, but their pricing is competitive, and they don't skimp or cut corners with materials, so you could do a lot worse. I gave them a B because of the scheduling error.

Description of Work
The provider inspected the roof via a maintenance package I paid for via Angie's List, sent a representative to meet with an insurance inspector, and after the insurance company deemed the roof damaged and in need of replacement, the provider removed the old roof and installed a new one.

03/03/2015

Morlene M.

They inspected my roof and did a fine job.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for them.

03/03/2015

John R.

It went okay. They send somebody out here without a ladder to get on the roof. It was a mistake on their part and they apologized profusely for and then it took a little while to reschedule it and finally someone came out. They schedule right away but they had the slip up and then rescheduled it. They seemed to be good people but it is difficult for me to get up on the roof to check their work. I can only assume that they did a good job because though it does not leak they were just doing a roof inspection plus I wanted them to re-seal a couple of areas which I get done every couple of years.