Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Harbeson, DE
There are 10 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Harbeson
- David N Donahue Siding & WindowsDavid and his crew were professional, courteous, timely, and economical. He shows superior expertise in all facets of his work. His decades in construction have prepared him for the quick resolution of any obstacles, applying creative thinking to achieve a superior finished product. He and his crew were a joy to work with
- Something ConstructiveI hired Something Constructive to build a 12' by 16' second story 3 season room with a storage shed below. The owner of the company, Patsy Ciccalla, met with us and asked us how we wanted the room to look. He then designed the room to those specifications. Patsy was there each day, working with and supervising his team. It was a complex and multi-faceted project that required coordinating other contractors (masons, electricians, gutter installers, etc.) and ordering and scheduling the arrival of materials in a timely manner. His whole team (Jacob, Ernesto, and Jesus) was very accommodating and easy to work with. When we asked for a change in the plan, it was not a problem. They stressed to us that they wanted us to be happy with the final product and encouraged us to tell them what we wanted or if we wanted something done differently. They worked on our project every day until it was completed; they did not, as other contractors do, go off and work on another project for a few days and then come back to your project. The 3-season room turned out beautifully with a vaulted white pickled pine ceiling, 10 double hung windows and laminate flooring. The shed below with access to the basement was designed to house a riding mower and serve as a tool shed with peg board walls. We have received many complimentary comments on how nice the addition looks and how well it blends with the rest of the house. We are very glad that we had the addition done and would recommend Something Constructive to anyone thinking of building on to or needing work done on their home. Thanks to Patsy and his team, we now have a lovely addition that has added comfort and value to our home
- Something ConstructiveI asked Patsy to install 5 Billy bookcases from IKEA into a room to house my book collection. I wanted them to look as though they were built-in. I wanted lighting with dimmers installed above each bookcase and and crown molding installed in the room that would continue across the front of the bookcases. Patsy met me at Home Depot and helped me select the lighting and switchplate options that were needed. When I complained about the way the LED lights were making a humming noise, Patsy went back to Home Depot and found a dimmer that did not hum. I wanted the bookcases to stretch from ceiling to floor. The bookcases I ordered were not tall enough and I could not wait for the extension pieces from IKEA, so Patsy custom-fitted the bookcases and added and extra shelf for me. I wanted the light switch for the bookcase lights to be added to the switchplate on the opposite side of the room, so, Ernesto, one of his workers, went into the attic crawl space and fished the electric across the attic and down to the switchplate on the opposite side of the room. I also wanted the electrical outlet on the bookcase wall to be extended out to the front baseboard of the bookcase. I wanted trim added between each bookcase and the base of the bookcase to blend in seamlessly with the baseboard. I was very picky about having this done exactly the way I wanted, as I have waited forty years for it. I was very pleased with the way the bookcases turned out. The bookcases look like they were made when the house was built. Patsy and his co-workers, Jacob and Ernesto, were courteous, prompt and very hard-working. They finished the job in two and a half days. They completely cleaned the work area before they left each day. The painting that was needed was done very neatly with no drips. They went out of their way to make sure that it was built to my specifications. I would heartily recommend them. They provided good value for my money and exceeded my expectations
- Spicer Bros. Construction Inc.They stuck to their schedule and all work was completed on time. There was a project manager on site available to answer questions, make changes as new problems we discovered, etc. We could not have been happier with the results or the workmanship. With something so important as a roof, quality is the most important facto
- Comer & Sons Construction and Home Improvements, IncInitially I hired Comer Construction to remodel my kitchen including flooring, cabinets, counter tops, custom soffit. They also replaced some wooden support beams in my basement with steel beams. The job went GREAT!! Larry is a real profession and made great suggestions along the way to make the final product look even better than I though possible. The finished on time and on budget. I really couldn't be happier with the work. In fact, I hired them back a couple months later to remodel my laundry room and they did another outstanding job with new floors, walls, and ceiling. Comer Construction is now my go to contractor for any renovations. I HIGHLY recommend them
- Comer & Sons Construction and Home Improvements, IncLarry was informative at every step of the way from the time he came to give an estimate to completion. He explained all options and fixes he recommended and awaited our approval before proceeding on anything not originally agreed upon. His experience was extensive and he made it easy for us to understand what needed to be done and why it should be done without talking down to us. Larry and his staff were polite and respectful to my whole family and never put us in any inconvenience. They were professional from beginning to the end of the project. The work done was excellent. Only quality materials were recommended by Larry and used on the project. We recommend Larry of Comer Construction for any project where integrity, knowledge and professionalism are the qualities that you look for in a contractor
- Comer & Sons Construction and Home Improvements, IncThe overall experience of hiring Comer Construction was a very pleasant experience! We highly recommend contacting Larry Comer for all of your construction/remodel needs.
- Comer & Sons Construction and Home Improvements, IncFor insurance reasons, we were forced to phase the remodel of our offices so that we were able to continue operating our business during reconstruction. Larry and his team were very considerate in accommodating our need to keep at least one of our two bathrooms operational and some office areas operational while other areas were completed. They strove to not be any more intrusive into our business than absolutely necessary. The phasing of the project forced it to take longer than normal and Larry was fine with that. In fact after finishing phase one he worked around our schedule of moving in to the remodeled area so he could continue the project. The project came in within budget per Larry's estimate (which was lower than others) and the work was superb. Larry always pays great attention to detail and doesn't take shortcuts and seems to care about the finished product as much as we cared about the end result. I have used Larry numerous times in the past and will be my first choice in the future
- Something ConstructiveExcellent got a new roof the whole insides painted and replumbed all new baths and all new kichent the quality was awsome everything whent well
- Something ConstructiveThe project went exceedingly well. Something Constructive used excellent subcontractors, and was able to do a great job bringing the project to completion. You can feel free to have Something Constructive give you my phone # for a personal recommendation and discussion.
Contractors in Harbeson
- Business Description:Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner!!! D. N. Donahue is your full-service Siding and Window contractor. With 40 years’ experience in the industry we know how to do the job right. We keep it simple, price efficient, and stand by our work. We also offer a lifetime warranty. You can rest easy, knowing that we will keep the job site clean, with the employees having many years of experience, including American Veterans. Call or message us todaRecent Review:Very well. David is professional and helpful. He found the siding I was interested in and provided me with a variety of colors. The pricing was very reasonable and was in touch with me about the timing of the project. He did a great job addressing a problem that came up and resolving it. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs siding work doneSharon F.
- Business Description:I am a leading Delaware Decorative Concrete Contractor since 2017. I’m a fully-certified professional ready to tackle anything from commercial construction projects to minor repair jobs. I know that dealing with all those mundane remodeling tasks can get pretty stressful, but I’m here to take the load off your shoulders. I’m fueled by my commitment to excellence and go the extra mile to make sure clients are fully satisfied with my work. Get in touch with me today for a free consultation. ..Recent Review:It went great and I would definitely hire him again. I would recommend him as well.Robert M.
- Business Description:My name is Patsy Cicala Jr., I am the recipient of the Super Service Award for 2016 and 2017 from Angie's List.BEST WAY TO GET IN TOUCH IS email@example.com, or call 302-245-5606. I retired here 11 years ago in Sussex County after a rewarding career in the field of Environmental Science and General Contracting in upstate New York. When you retire, you should have an exit plan.... I, however, am finding sitting down to read a book or taking a long stroll on the beach will result in either me ..Recent Review:All went well. We are very pleased with the final product.Lisa B.
- Business Description:Comer & Sons Construction and Home Improvements, Inc. has been in business for over thirty-five years with Larry Comer providing services to Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset and Dorchester counties in Maryland and Sussex County in Delaware for almost 15 years and Long Island, NY for over 20 years. Larry Comer, is a hands-on contractor; with vast experience and knowledge in remodeling and fine home building. "Every home I improve, I do with the same care as I would do for my family and friends." ..Recent Review:Larry is an experienced seasoned professional. I would highly recommend. He restored a small vintage bathroom in the family home and answers questions, telephone calls, and concerns promptly. J BaleaJose B.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Additional fax (302) 689-0182. Additional contact name - Rick Stover. Additional phones - (866) 872-0185 & (866) 872-5181 Also serving Sussex, Cecil, & portions of Philadelphia CountiesRecent Review:They were outstanding. Very, very good. Their warranty is outstanding. Very good job.Bob Z.
- Business Description:Ferris Home Improvements and Angie's List are a great match. We love to serve our customers with award-winning, quality service and craftsmanship. Voted seven years in a row as Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Company, News Journal Readers' Choice Awards 2012-2018, our customers are our best billboards, and we intend to keep it that way. Since our inception, we have delivered quality residential and commercial property improvements to thousands of satisfied customers throughout Delaware, northe..Recent Review:Excellent. Austin came out to check out the roofing job. He was clearly knowledgeable and could see issues and considerations I did not, which helped provide a more accurate estimate rather than getting surprised during the job. The roofing looks amazing, they use some great products. The install crew was excellent and had no issues answering my questions or showing me problems with the roof that they were fixing as they wentThomas B.
- Business Description:A full service Family owned and operated business for over 52 years serving All of Maryland . License # MHiC 94487. Insured and bonded.Recent Review:Mr. Holden was very accommodating and communicated any changes in scheduled times. The leak was repaired and tested the same day thanks to the hurricane.Tiloy G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Ballard Mensua Architecture, led by Seth Ballard, NCARB, AIA, is a boutique architecture firm with a focus on creating truly custom designs and solutions for our clients. We have very strong vendor and contractor relationships, a result of our detailed understanding of construction. Unlike many architects, who like to design and then hand over control to the builder, Ballard Mensua maintains control of management of the project throughout construction. We have a unique cost-study process that..Recent Review:We just finished a spectacular custom home project in McLean, VA and we are so very grateful to Seth Ballard and his team! If you are considering hiring his firm, look no further. There can be no better architect in the DC/VA/MD area – and his pricing is more than fair. We first picked Seth because we loved his architectural style and heard that he had a reputation for ensuring that his plans are executed with impeccable precision and attention to quality. Also, his references were stellar….without exception, his former clients offered glowing praise for his talent, diligence, and follow-through. And now that we are former clients, we understand why. We always knew we were going to have a gem of a home with Seth at the helm. What we did not fully appreciate at the beginning was his proven ability to help us STAY ON BUDGET and his deep bench of connections with first-rate contractors and subcontractors who were prepared to bend over backward to meet Seth’s exacting standards. Here are just a few highlights from our experience: CONCEPT PHASE: During the initial meetings at our home, Seth went the extra mile to learn all about our lifestyle, future needs, architectural likes/dislikes, and budget. During this stage of the process, he would effortlessly make freehand drawings to help us visualize potential styles and layouts. We ultimately elected to go with a craftsman design, with lots of wood features inside and out. PICKING THE RIGHT PROPERTY: Seth joined us for car rides through the local neighborhoods, helping us to scout out the property that was best suited for our construction plans – free of any potential HOA or permitting snafus. DESIGN: With Seth’s guidance, we iterated on different design options. The design phase was high-tech and highly visual. Lots of 2D and 3D elevations, plus 360-degree videos. At each step, Seth clearly identified the estimated construction cost, and we would make decisions about what to dial-up and what to dial-down. For example, we elected to go with a cheaper asphalt roof (rather than slate), but with a more premium window. There were literally dozens of choices like that, and Seth did a superb job of helping us to make the right trade-offs and to “value engineer” the house. PICKING THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR AND SUBS: One of the things that distinguishes Seth from the competition is that he works closely with a handful of contractors and subcontractors who have already been “pre-screened” for excellence. Seth connected us with a general contractor who was not only honest and diligent, but whose carpentry was truly “artisan grade.” Seth also drew upon a stable of outstanding subcontractors – in areas such as HVAC/plumbing, electrical/lighting, structural engineering, cabinetry, tile, drywall/paint, countertops, hardwood flooring, landscaping, etc. It was perfectly clear that these subs were striving to deliver the highest quality and exemplary service. Why? Because Seth was an important source of repeat business for them. This made them extremely responsive. BUDGETING: Seth developed detailed spreadsheets estimating costs for every aspect of the project, as well as options for “enhancements.” Once we made our choices, he was instrumental in securing a FLAT FEE CONTRACT with the builder (inclusive of subs) for everything we wanted. To provide even more control over the cost, the agreement specified that certain items would be “owner provided, contractor installed.” This meant that, regardless of whether we bought pricey appliances or tile or flooring, it would have no impact of the builder’s fees. To his credit, Seth’s estimates were quite accurate, and the project stayed on budget. ARCHITECT FEES: We negotiated a flat fee for Seth’s architectural services, and got way more than we bargained for. We had no idea Seth would stay so engaged throughout the project -- micromanaging every detail, and even offering interior design suggestions (e.g., stains and paints, cabinet and window designs, furniture layouts, etc.). It became clear that, regardless of how much we had agreed to pay in fees, Seth was “all in,” and was committed to ensuring that the end result was perfection. To be sure, in any large construction project, there will be some hiccups. But this was yet another area where Seth shined. Rather than being indifferent, or pointing the finger at those who were actually at fault, he would step up to “own the problem” and take charge until the issue was resolved. In one such case, he developed a design tweak that saved us money and produced a more beautiful result in the process. We never had to stress too much, because we knew Seth was 100% engaged and we could trust that the final work product would be a treasure of a home. One final thought. While Seth’s tremendous talent is obviously perfect for large custom projects, we have no doubt that he can deliver outstanding value for smaller home renovations too. When we did kitchen/bath renovations in our prior home, we naively thought that a “design-and-build” firm would deliver the best solution. With the benefit of hindsight, we could have done so much better hiring Seth as the independent architect and separately hiring a builder who would be accountable to the architect. The result would have been better quality construction, a better value, and far less stress. So whether you are about to embark on a modest remodel or getting ready to “dream big” with a new custom home, look no further than Ballard Mensua Architecturejack l.
- Business Description:Award winning. Our company has been a family owned and operated business for the past 15 years. With 25 years experience, we started our business because we wanted to offer the very highest quality paint job at an affordable price. We are dedicated to serving our customer's needs, and our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. We strive to bring you the very best in customer service. If something isn't right, we fix it right away. All of our work is done under written contract and written warran..Recent Review:It went well. Mark and his crew were professional and did a great job. They were on time and worked diligently to get the job done. Rob's expertise was greatly appreciated on the paint selection. Thanks Rob....Ann A.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Long Neck
- Rehoboth Beach
- Ocean View
- Bethany Beach
- Fenwick Island
- Ocean City
general contractors in Harbeson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A. GIBSON Enterprises LLC702 W MAIN ST
- Advance Roofing Windows Siding & Doors645 Dawson Drive Suite A
- American Builders Inc1212 Pimpernell Path
- Aml Top Quality Construction105 Port Ct
- Anthony Holden Home Improvements8911 Lee Manor Dr
Ellicott City, Maryland
- APJ Home Repair Services73 Frog Leg Ln
- Artisan Interiors & Exteriors
- ARTISTIC RENOVATIONS112 Charmuth rd
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
- ARW Property Services24675 Kruger Rd
- Aztec Home Services LLc19313 Beaver Dam Rd
- A. GIBSON Enterprises LLC
- Bailey Builders29615 Woodgate Dr
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture5185 MacArthur Blvd #370 Ste 312
Washington, District Of Columbia
- BandR Home Improvements and Handyman services538 N Ramunno Dr
- Briddelle Construction LLC6785 Edwards Avenue
- Bryan Hatch LLCPO BOX 63
- Bubbaliah Home Services
- Burnite Homes, LLC26770 Whiteleysburg Rd
- BZT Construction2142 Magee Ave
- Bailey Builders
- caleb c connor llc construction525 king street
- Camenisch Company Inc.302 Chestnut St
- Capital C Construction24 plummer ln
- CD Independent Contracting3 Roberts St
- collins wood Products205 South Main St.
- Comer & Sons Construction and Home Improvements, Inc3351 Redden Ferry Rd
- CUSTOM FRAMERS INCPO Box 261
- caleb c connor llc construction
- Island Remodeling, LLCP.O. Box 1074
- Island Remodeling, LLC
- KIRK EICHOLTZ CONSTRUCTION107 MAPLE AVE
- KIRK EICHOLTZ CONSTRUCTION
- Lakeview Builders, LLC.12983 Teds trail
- Lakeview Builders, LLC.
- NEIL LEHTO FLOOR COVERING & INSTALLATION LLC72 HOGTOWN RD
- NEIL LEHTO FLOOR COVERING & INSTALLATION LLC
- Runk's Custom Woodworking LLC425 Rudder Ln
- Runk's Custom Woodworking LLC
- Scholz's mobile home Service5 nelsa lane
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Silk Purse MHIC16145708 Green Cove Drive
- Smiles Construction LLC34166 Chase Ln.
- Snow's Painting Service LLCPO Box 151
- Something Constructive507 N Walnut St
- Spicer Bros. Construction Inc.32221 Beaver Run Dr
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Scholz's mobile home Service