Privacy fences enhance security without sacrificing curb appeal or character. From vinyl to wood, explore various privacy fence costs here.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Harbeson, DE
There are 5 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Harbeson
- Pierce Fence CompanyAmazing! Start to finish and everything in between. The grandfather, Bob, came to do the quote and the son, Blake as well as Donnie, installed. Ran into an issue with our sprinkler head in the way (our fault!) and we were able to fix it real quick before they started. They ask if we were happy with each step and the final outcome. 100% would recommend and have already given several people their number. Wonderful family business
- Forrest Fence CoExcellent job by Forest Fence. The crew was professional and knowledgeable. The fence was completed in one day. Would definitely recommend.
- Freedom Fence and Deck IncFreedom Fence installed a 6 ft. PVC perimeter fence, arbor, driveway gates around the yard of my residence. The work took only two days and they did a beautiful job. I have been impressed with the results and their professionalism. While the work was being performed, other contractors were doing work at the house and noted their superb work and craftsmanship. I have given their business card to them and will recommend Freedom Fence to other neighbors and friends in the area. It was a pleasure doing business with Freedom Fence
- Builders Fence CoVery reliable and honest company. When faced with a significant problem, addressed it promptly and produced a fair and reasonable solution. Excellent workmanship, would use again. Kevin is an honest and knowledgeable professional.
- Ruppert Fence & DeckCould not be happier with the fence that Bill and his team installed! We live about an hour away, Bill made everything super convenient, came to our house to fit my crazy work schedule. Provided valuable suggestions and advice. Quoted price was better than 4 other quotes, work was scheduled in timely fashion and was finished sooner than expected. Staff was extremely polite and courteous. Left yard as if no one was ever there. Outstanding job, quality work, excellent communication and fantastic craftsmanship. Thank you so much to Bill and his awesome crew
- Ruppert Fence & DeckGreat. We had trouble getting anyone here in Lower Slower Delaware to come for an estimate or if the came they never finished even an estimate. They came 20 minutes after I called and gave a written estimate in 10 minutes. They had to order the materials. That took longer than he thought but as soon as it came in they installed. They even finished the work as a Sunday morning. They asked us first if we minded the work on Sunday. I needed the fence for a child and two retired racing greyhounds. We could not be happier
- Ruppert Fence & DeckThey kept me informed of their expected timeline for installation. They met that timeline, installed it without delay, and it looks great: straight and level. Very professional. The guys listened to my concerns and expectations, and did exactly what we agreed upon. I could not be happier. I highly recommend this company
- Goodly Heritage Construction LLCTheir work was excellent. The price was a little higher than what I had planned, but the quality of the work was extremely high! The railings are very sturdy and they look very crisp and clean. They were very punctual and worked efficiently. I would consider them for future jobs if the price was right
- ABC inc Fencingng It went excellent. I called Chad Collins for a quote for a large amount of fencing. He came out and measured and explained some things, making suggestions and said he would get back to me asap with a quote. The quote was great and scheduled for him to come out to install. Chad and a helper showed up on time and installed a great looking fence. It was exactly how I wanted it to be. I am very picky and got what I wanted. We are very happy with the whole experience
- Anderson Fence CoThey built a high quality of fence. It's very nice. They showed up when they said they were going to show up and they did everything they said they were going to do. They cleaned up when they were done. It looks really nice.
Last update on August 30, 2022
Fence Contractors in Harbeson, DE
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
Vinyl fencing costs include the labor, style, and total length of fencing. There are a variety of options, but to make the perfect choice, homeowners should know their reason for installing vinyl fencing: privacy, security, or curb appeal.
Founder Angie Hicks responds to a homeowner who paid a down payment for a fence installation, but the contractor never showed up to complete the job.
Find fence companies in
- Long Neck,
- Rehoboth Beach,
- Ocean View,
- Bethany Beach,
- Fenwick Island,
- Ocean City,
Fence Companies in Harbeson, DE
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Castle Care, INC.22530 Waterview Rd
Lewis, Delaware 19958
- Castle Care, INC.
- Forrest Fence Co9867 S DuPont Hwy
Felton, Delaware 19943
- Forrest Fence Co
- Innovative Construction and Remodeling, LLC24832 John J. Williams Highway Unit 1
Millsboro, Delaware 19966
- Innovative Construction and Remodeling, LLC
- J & A Masonry & Concrete LLC
Laurel, Delaware 19956
- J & A Masonry & Concrete LLC
- Premier Glass & Screen Inc33937 Premier Dr Unit 1
Frankford, Delaware 19945
- Premier Glass & Screen Inc
- Underwood Contracting and Solar Services30070 Deer Harbour Dr
Salisbury, Maryland 21804
- Underwood Contracting and Solar Services
Fencing contractors that service Harbeson
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.