The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in New Milford, CT
There are 21 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in New Milford
- DARRYL'S PAINTING SVCHe did a great job and they were very courteous, clean, and cleaned up as the job went on. They were good al the way around and I would highly recommend them as well.
- Flying Colors Roofing and PaintersVery well. Crew worked quickly to get roof off and new roof put on. Unlike some contractors I spoke with in the process of getting quotes, Steve was totally responsive to questions and to various changes that were requested that required multiple updates in pricing. Can't go wrong with Flying Colors!!
- Jamieson Limited LLCDirk started the job of renovating in November of 2013. He did everything from removing all wallpaper from the walls, mold treatment , repainting with special paint to keep the mold from returning, to finishing the ceilings, to taking all of the windows ( 8) out, stripping repainting, repositioning, redoing the kitchenette from top to bottom, renovating both bathrooms, replacing part of the ceiling, cleaning the chimney, refinishing the mantelpiece, putting on new chimney caps, renovating all doors, replacing part of an outdoor door frame, putting on a new gutter, power washing the cottage, painting/putting up new shutters, fixing the siding, insulating the water pipes and small cupboard where they come into the structure... It took him a year to finish the whole structure. Mind you he did all the work himself. He does/did not have a crew of workers with him. Dirk works meticulously. His work is of an outstanding quality, no cutting corners anywhere, which sometimes may take longer timewise, but the end result is top notch and will not need any retouching for at least a couple of years. I highly recommend him, especially if you want a top quality job. There are very few things that Dirk is not able to provide. I will most certainly hire him for future jobs, whether it will be for outside work or inside work
- DeFalco Siding and Constructionwe chose to meet Chris on a recommendation from from our insurance agent.Chris was very polite and listened to what we wanted to do.He never pressured us and offered many helpful ideas and was very patient with us and the many changes we made before work started.once work began we were happy that we opted to use him.His crew did incredible and precise work showing incredible talent.We would highly recommend Defalco Siding and Construction to everyone
- All-Around Handyman ServiceDavid was very communicative and because we needed so much done the work was split into a few phases/estimates. He showed up on time and did a quality job each day and was really great to have around - we really felt comfortable with him by the end, such a personable guy! I was very impressed with his ability to work us into his busy schedule considering we had a very extensive job and he probably had a lot of other customers calling. David did such a good job we had him complete a few extra projects (custom shelves, wine rack) to get our house ready to sell. I look forward to hiring him in the future if a need comes up and would recommend him to anyone needing the same wide array of services/skills we were asking for. David is truly an "all around handyman"
- All-Around Handyman ServiceWE TOUCHED BASE THE DAY BEFORE TO GO OVER THE LIST OF ITEMS WE NEEDED ADDRESSED. DAVE SHOWED UP ON TIME AND WAS PREPARED TO WORK. JUMPED RIGHT INTO THE THINGS WE LINED UP FOR HIM. VERY PLEASANT AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. I TRUSTED HIM AND DID NOT HAVE WATCH OVER HIS SHOULDER. DAVE IS DEFINITELY WELCOME BACK AT OUR HOM
- All-Around Handyman ServiceDavid was very easy to work with, he always returned my phone calls and messages promptly when we were scheduling the day for him to come and do the work. Today he showed up on time and was very pleasant and went to work right away with the project I had, I had to go to work but my husband was here with him, he said he did the work in the time we had agreed upon and that the amount for the materials he had quoted was actually a little less than expected. When I got home I was very happy with the work the did replacing the wood on the bottom of the cabinet, he also left everything very clean all I have to do is a very light vacuuming inside the cabinet to get the fine dust so that I can put the new liner in the cabinets. My husband was very happy the work got done and he was not the one who did it!! Will definitely use him again in the futur
- All-Around Handyman ServiceExcellent!! David responded the same day we called him in early December 2009 (as a result of seeing his ad in the local newspaper) and stopped by to review what we wanted done. He e-mailed his estimate a couple of days later and stopped by to hand deliver a copy also. Due to the holidays we held off doing anything until January. David arrived at the time he said he would arrive and went right to work. The two biggest jobs were the tileing jobs. He had many, many tiles to cut in the bathroom, as there are twelve corners and no two walls are the same length. The job took him longer than he originally thought it would, but he stated that he had quoted a price per job, not per hour. He also included the price of the tile in his quote (at a specific price per tile). Since we wanted basic white in the bathroom that worked well. We did pay for the tiles to create one row of decorative tile around the bathroom, but we expected to pay for those. He did a terrific job! Our bathroom is now beautiful. The kitchen tile was hard to chose, because I decided I didn't want white in the kitchen. Since he had included the price of the tile for that job as well, he deducted the cost of the tile from his price and let me go find what I wanted. We applied his credit toward the cost of what we finally picked. We have owned this condo for over 12 years and I have wanted tile above the counters for every minute of those 12+ years. So, when David was done with the kitchen tile I was absolutely thrilled! We told David he should have done before and after pictures, because no-one would believe it was the same bathroom and kitchen! The additional stair railing very closely matches the existing railing and is a blessing to have since we are all seniors in this household. The new and existing railings are firmly attached to the walls (thank you, David)! Since our kitchen isn't huge, having that extra shelving in the laundry room is wonderful; David built very sturdy supports (he saw how much stuff I was going to put on it)! He arrived each day when he said he would arrive, he stayed until what he was doing was completed and he cleaned up where he was working at the end of each day. David took great pride in doing the entire job well and to his own satisfaction, not just ours. We have more work that needs to be done and we have already asked David for a quote. Needless to say, we would and are going to hire him again! We recommend him highl
- All-Around Handyman Serviceexcellent. Old mailbox and post was dug out and removed, new one set up and assembled with poured concrete in better location. Very smooth setup.
- All-Around Handyman ServiceIdeal service — highly professional job that conformed to the estimate in time, cost and results. When there were options to consider and I asked the handyman to suggest an approach, his judgment was excellent. The work was careful and neat and the price was quite fair — I would describe it as premium work at a non-premium price. We are already discussing future projects
Contractors in New Milford
- Business Description:Rodriguez Home Improvement LLC is a full service remodeling, renovation and repair company that has become the go to in the greater of NY and CT and many other states area for high quality craftsmanship adjusted to meet your specifications and needs, regardless of the extent of the work you need done. As a family-run business, we are committed to providing our clientele with more personalized services that make your bottom line our top priority. Without the cumbersome overhead costs associat..Recent Review:They sub-contracted out, the price change ($299.99 to $430.00) from the big deal because they had to pay Rodriguez Home Improvement LLC. They came out and pressure wash the house and to make the guy go back over his work. Still it was a lot of dirty areas left. Afterwards, I took a cloth and wiped away the dirt. I did this to see if it was baked on from the sun. It was just a lousy job from the sub sub contractorsSANDRA B.
- Business Description:We offer general carpentry work. schedule a visit and get a free estimate.Recent Review:They were excellent the young man did such a beautiful job and he even took picture after his work. He cleaned up after himself and he used a good material and he is very professional, very prompt and I am very pleased and I am definitely using him againCarmine S.
- Business Description:When it comes to construction, we have you covered.Recent Review:Loja Construction did a great job remodeling a duplex I had purchased. They framed a new BR wall and some closets, put in new laminate flooring, replaced a roof and painted the whole interior of the house. They finished ahead of schedule and also helped with additional requests that came up. They are very hard working, honest and pleasant to deal withDerek P.
- Business Description:Full remodeling has never been so simple with DeFalco Siding & Construction LLC. Our licensed and bonded contractors will provide you with top quality work at affordable prices. If we can serve you, please call 203-791-899Recent Review:It went great! Chris and his crew were very professional from first meeting to end of the job. The job included taking off a two layer roof and all the aluminum siding on the house due to storm damage. Then replacing roof, siding, gutters and two windows. They did what they said they would and on time. Good clean up. Recommend and hire again...for sure!!! Top performerNorman G.
- Business Description:General Contracting, Framing, Roofing, Siding, Decks, Carpentry, Roof Snow Removal. Additional email - Lmc498@aol.comRecent Review:They were great! On time, got their work done, did an excellent job. Kind, friendly workers. Really a pleasure and very unusual for our county. (Berkshire County MA) We are still talking about them and enjoying and admiring the great work they did. It is a beautiful barn. Top quality workNadia M.
- Business Description:SPECIALIZING IN TREE SERVICE, HARDSCAPING, LANDSCAPING, MASONRY.! Serving Fairfield County and surrounding areas. We specialize in creating unique outdoor environments that enhance your lifestyle such as patios, stone walls, walkways, fire pits, chimney's, pool decks, retaining walls, tree work, etc. We maintain what we build with full landscape maintenance including but not limited to, spring and fall clean ups, weekly lawn cutting and snow removal. You will see samples of projects that we ..Recent Review:There were some initial scheduling issues, we ended up having to re-schedule three times before we settled on a final date. The first time she came out the work was stellar, but when she came out for the deal cleaning the work was just okaySheela A.
- Business Description:Fine Home Contracting provides exceptional kitchen, bathroom and whole home interior and exterior renovations and remodeling services. We have been trusted to assist homeowners turning their dreams into reality for nearly 20 years! We pride ourselves in quality craftsmanship, transparent communication and cutting edge technology to create a best in class experience that sets us apart in the industryRecent Review:As someone who's previously worked on several renovations with contractors, I can't say enough good things about Fine Home Contracting. I was on a time crunch and had a list of miscellaneous things that I needed done in order to turn-over the property quickly. This included everything from new backsplash, removing old countertops, installing vanities & toilets, installing interior and exterior doors, plumbing, etc. What really blew me away with this company were three main things. 1) Communication: Not once did I have an issue talking to Dave or his team. I’ve dealt with contractors in the past who go silent for days at a time and are hard to reach. The FHC team and I sent messages back and forth using the CoConstruct portal which made it really easy to track the progress of the job. They would add in notes and pictures as things were finished. They quickly answered every question I had along the way and were really flexible with product/material options and adjusting the scope of work along the way. 2) Timeline and price: I received four quotes from contractors, FHC was right in the middle, not the cheapest but also not the most expensive. They were up-front with their timeline during our first conversation. Not only did they come in under the initial proposed budget as the scope of work changed, they also finished ahead of schedule. Ahead of time and under budget is a first for me when it comes to contractors. 3) Professionalism: The owner Dave was always really easy to worth with right from the jump. It was obvious from the beginning that he knew what he was doing and ran a professional company. The team that physically showed-up on site to do the work was top notch. These guys were at the house on time when they said they would be, they worked hard and often times were there late (I was frequently there doing other work while they were there, and saw first-hand how they worked). The quality of work was great. They didn’t cut corners or try and rush to get the job done. If something in the scope of work needed adjusting or they discovered something along the way that needed to be fixed, they reached out to me quickly with several alternative options and made me feel like I was part of the project. I don’t have a single bad thing to say about this company. I’ve never worked with contractors that made me feel 100% comfortable during the entire project. I didn’t wonder if they’d finish the job on time, or if surprise charges would show-up on the final invoice. Great communication. Great quality of work. Hard workers. Fair prices. Fine Home Contracting is a company I trust and highly recommendTyler W.
- Business Description:Weathertite has over 29 years of Residential Roofing Installation experience in Connecticut averaging 150 roofs per year using factory certified installers. Company management is on site for all projects to ensure that all of the stringent Quality standards of Weathertite are maintained and to address any concerns the home owner may have. Quality Assurance Survey returns from our Customers consistently yield “OUTSTANDING” rating results for our Service and Installations. Weathertite is certif..Recent Review:Job was handled beyond expectations. All pre-job questions and concerns were fully addressed in a professional and patient manner. All materials, including extra material just in case, showed up the day before. The crew showed up exactly on time the next morning, and then the roof and skylight was stripped and replaced on the same day. Yard was cleaned up fully. Gutters were replaced on the next day. Crew was amazingly hard working and the project coordinator was onsite as needed to keep everything moving along smoothly. All team members were respectful, courteous and fully addressed any questionsNorman P.
- Business Description:I have been in the construction trade over 15 years, I take pride in my work. For me it's not quantity, it's quality. Big or small, we do it all. Call for free estimates
- Business Description:Small local business 11 years experience in the trade Commercial and Residential work Hard surface install (vinyl, wood, tile) Trim Install/ repair PaintingRecent Review:Remodeled basement bedroom. Framing, Sheetrock (Walls & Ceiling), Painting, Cortec Floors, Trim, Doors, Built-in Shelving. Great attention to detail. Good communication, easy to get a-hold of, and reasonably priced. Highly recommend. -LorenLorena G.
Deals in New Milford for Contractors
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in New Milford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- C S Fischer Building & Remodeling55 Brick School Rd
Cornwall Bridge, Connecticut 06754
- Casanova Remodeling Company LLC655 Main St
Plymouth, Connecticut 06782
- CertaPro Painters® of Danbury & Ridgefield CT51 Sugar Hollow Rd Suite203
Danbury, Connecticut 06810
- Choice Home Contracting LLC96 Squash Hollow
NEW MILFORD, Connecticut 06776
- Connecticut Professional Coatings51 Hardscrabble Rd
Warren, Connecticut 06754
- Creative Carpentry72 Reservoir Rd
NEW MILFORD, Connecticut 06776
- CT Cellar DoorsPO Box 153
Oakville, Connecticut 06779
- C S Fischer Building & Remodeling
- Gs Carpentry LLC45 Ridgewood Crt
Shelton, Connecticut 06484
- Gs Carpentry LLC
- Hakuna matata construction32 Shadybrook Ln
Waterbury, Connecticut 06706
- Hammertime ContractingPO Box 1594
NEW MILFORD, Connecticut 06776
- Handy Andy General Renovations and Repairs15 Ox Dr
Brookfield, Connecticut 06804
- Handyman Andy45 Finnish Ln
Lagrangeville, New York 12540
- HOUSEwork32 Amy Road
FALLS VILLAGE, Connecticut 06031
- Hakuna matata construction
- Kaluta's Carpentry Kreation6 Prospect Pl
NEW MILFORD, Connecticut 06776
- Kaluta's Carpentry Kreation
- Old Farms Woodworking 3 Old Farms Rd
Andover, Connecticut 06232
- Old Farms Woodworking
- Rodriguez Home Improvement LLC129 Vassar rd.
Poughkeepsie, New York 12603
- Rodriguez Home Improvement LLC
- Savvy Builders Inc159 Meadow St
Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Summit Windows and RemodelingP.O. Box 438
Morris, Connecticut 06763
- Sunstruction LLC430 South Street
Litchfield, Connecticut 06759
- Sur Fence Carpentry and Paint121 Cottage Rd 401 smith ridge south salem 10590
Carmel, New York 10512
- Savvy Builders Inc
- The BullBagPO Box 978
North Branford, Connecticut 06471
- The BullBag
- Vista Home Improvement2003 Riverdale Street
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts 01089
- Vista Home Improvement