Brown Roofing Inc.

Founded 1972 • With Angi since July 2006

Long Established (1972) Local Roofing company Serving New Haven and Fairfield Counties of Connecticut.We can offer roof and gutter replacement options for private homes, condos, and commercial properties We specialize in roof storm damage restoration working with your insurance company to restore

roofing (30)gutter repair (3)woodworking (2)siding companies (2)insulation (1)

09/14/2022

Irene L.

Excellent service

Description of Work
They replaced new roof.

Work Completed On 02/14/2022

11/05/2020

Stephen K.

It went fine. They came, and finished the job in 1 day, cleaned up after themselves, and everything was easy. The workers were friendly, and the management communicated well.

Description of Work
They did roof repair.

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

07/14/2020

Princess B.

We are very pleased with the outcome of our siding project. The crew was great. They were friendly and worked quickly. Our job was scheduled and completed within the aggressive time frame we requested. Great communications skills. We would certainly recommend Brown Roofing to others. Thank you!

Description of Work
House Siding Replacement

Category siding

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

05/05/2020

Chris C.

One tear down of old shingles was complete wood underneath the shingles was inspected and small portions of the wood was replaced due to rot. Also included was re-shingling my shed. All work was completed within a 12 hour timeframe. Cleanup was impeccable. Would definitely Use Brown roofing again.

Description of Work
Complete tear down of existing roof shingles. Installation of new shingles

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

10/31/2019

John B.

It was outstanding and excellent and they finished it in a day.

Description of Work
They install a new roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/06/2019

Don S.

I couldn't be more pleased. My House and garage roofs came out amazing. everyone was professional, pleasant and knowledgeable. The crew worked together with extreme precision which resulted in a finished product that I couldn't be more pleased with. Needing a new roof is a large and scary project and they successfully took my fear away and replaced it with the utmost satisfaction. Thanks to all that were part of the team that transformed my house and garage!

Description of Work
Roof on House and Garage

Thank you for the opportunity ! It was are pleasure to have worked for you .

08/22/2019

James S.

Highly recommended. They perform quality work at reasonable prices. In 2012, Ed helped me obtain a roof replacement when the insurance company only wanted to replace a section of my roof. This took months of fighting, and Browns crews came out and put emergency tarps on my roof twice for two separate leaks during this process. In May 2018, my house took a direct hit from a tornado and it didn’t loose a shingle. I couldn’t say as much for my siding. I once again called Brown Roofing, this time for the siding and gutters. Once again, I’m extremely happy with the job performed.

Description of Work
Roofin, siding and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

08/21/2019

Pamela Z.

Very pleased. They showed up when they said they would. Got the job done promptly and cleaned up when they left. Why can’t all contractors be like this!?!

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

03/21/2017

wende S.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

01/24/2017

Thomas M.

Excellent service throughout. I was given a quote and a date for installation and Brown Roofing adhered to that scheduled and finished the job in one day. The workers were efficient, courteous, and cleaned up before leaving. They made the job a painless experience.

Description of Work
My roof needed to be replaced and I wanted it done quickly, before the weather turned bad. Tiles were missing and I was afraid the roof might leak in a bad storm.

Work Completed On 12/03/2016

10/05/2016

James U.

Ed Griffin arrived on time and climbed my roof to evaluate the leak. He was concerned with the storm coming and repaired me leak on the spot. Totally awesome lived up to his great reviews. I highly recommend and will be calling him to quote on my parents house. The price was great considering I got it fixed same day. I would highly recommend Brown Roofing over and over.

Description of Work
Brown Roofing fixed leaky roof. On the spot.

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

06/22/2016

Fran R.

The roof needing replacement is on a two-story, two-unit late 1800's Victorian house which is part of a small condo complex, of which my husband, Dave Robinson, is on the Board of Directors. We decided to go with Brown Roofing Co., Inc. for several reasons. Mr. Edward Griffin was personable and prompt in submitting his quote; his price was the best of the ones we received; the packet he submitted was very thorough and professional, containing all pertinent warrantees, product information, certifications, etc. The crew arrived early Monday morning, June 20th, and worked throughout the day. By the end of the day they had made more progress than I would have expected, and before they left they completely cleaned up the area of all of that day's debris as well as securely sectioning off a small area of parking spaces adjacent to the area they would be working on the next day. On Tuesday, June 21, they returned early again and worked late into the day, towards evening. I was amazed that by the end of that day they had completed the job. The level of work that was done, and the amount of debris that this job generated, was impressive. Yet, before the last men left the site at the end of the second and final day, they diligently went around to make sure that the areas surrounding the house were thoroughly cleaned of all debris, nails, and dust. The surrounding shrubs, fencing, and plantings were left unharmed and intact. We have heard positive comments from several of the owners of our 13-unit complex about the fact that the job was completed quickly and the area left pristine. All in all, this was a very professional job, done by a very professional crew. The roof looks great. We are 100% satisfied with the workmanship and diligence to all details of the job that was done. Should we ever need the services of a roofing company again on any of our other buildings Ed Griffin and Brown Roofing Company will be the one we go to.

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of main house roof on two-story, two family Victorian house, which is part of a small condominium complex. Removed layers of old shingles to wood lats. Installed plywood, ice & water shield, felts, drip metal/rake metal/, vent pipe boots, shingles. Installed 80' ridge vent. Reset gutters. Repointed chimney, installed chimney flashing. Hauled away ALL debris.

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

05/05/2016

Kelly D.

Roof needed to be replaced ,was not leaking but house was on market, since I was down sizing to a condo, and an old roof is the kiss of no sale. Roof was completely replaced and to my joy it really freshened the house up and soon it was sold. Didn't realize it but seldom will? a bank give a mortgage on a home with an older roof. Job was done in one day, started in morning gone before dinner and everything was left as clean as when they started And guess what? I bought that condo and the association informed me?that some of the roofs were up for replacements and they were accepting bids so I recommended Brown Roofing?and guess who has a Brown Roofing roof on their home now Thanks Ed

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

Work Completed On 03/20/2016

05/04/2016

Kelly D.

Roof needed to be replaced ,was not leaking but house was on market, since I was down sizing to a condo, and an old roof is the kiss of no sale. Roof was completely replaced and to my joy it really freshened the house up and soon it was sold. Didn't realize it but seldom will a bank give a mortgage on a home with an older roof. Job was done in one day, started in morning gone before dinner and everything was left as clean as when they started And guess what? I bought that condo and the association informed me that some of the roofs were up for replacements and they were accepting bids so I recommended Brown Roofing and guess who has a Brown Roofing roof on their home now Thanks Ed

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

Work Completed On 03/21/2016

04/28/2016

George D.

I called because i had leaks in tow upstairs rooms. This house is way too tall for us to go on the roof so I called the office number reached the office manager and set up a date and time for a quote, thought I might need a new roof. Ed Griffin the owner inspected my entire roof replaced two damaged vent pipe boots. He said my roof was in great shape and would last for many years to come. I now have the peace of mind that my roof is protecting my home and will continue for years to come. My new Roofing Company is Brown Roofing which I have recommended to my friends and family Thanks Ed

Description of Work
Inspected entire roof and replaced defective vent pipe boots

Work Completed On 04/06/2016

Thank You for the wonderful review of Brown Roofing. It was a pleasure working with you to resolve your roof maintenance problems. In the future if you have a concern just give me a call. I appreciate the kind words you spread to your family and friends, in fact I have already scheduled a roof replacement for one of your friends based on your conversation with them. Welcome to the Brown Roofing Family Owner E Griffin

03/22/2016

Jodie C.

Ed and his team were absolutely fantastic!! Called the office, the woman who answered the phone was very knowledgeable and friendly, I told her I wanted a new roof. She scheduled for Ed to come out and give estimate. First off, Ed is a very nice, knowledgeable man who has gone above and beyond as far I as I concerned. Within 3 weeks of the initial meeting with Ed, I had a beautiful roof that is warranted for 50 years. Ed helped my husband and I with a color as we were unsure what would look good on a green house, Ed's recommendation looks beautiful! They started on Monday morning after I left for work and when I got home that very same day, the roof was finished! Not only does it look beautiful, but they picked up everything.....even that nails. You would have never known that they were there until you notice how great the house looks with the new roof. I have recommended Brown roofing to everyone I know and in fact I still have their sign up, people actually stop and knock on the door to tell me how great the roof looks! Thanks Brown Roofing for such a wonderful job!!! Jodie and John Clark Ledyard, CT

Description of Work
Replaced roof

Work Completed On 02/08/2016

I am glad you are happy with the work we did on your home. Thank you for your review, you will be receiving your 50 year transferrable waranty documentation in the mail soon. Thank you for your recomendations which resulted in a new roof for your neighbor and a new roof for your husbands Skeet Club. Obviously call with any questions are needs that arise in the future Ed Griffin

08/04/2014

Joe O.

Arrived on time. Put up his ladder, climbed onto the roof took lots of photos climbed back down. Told me my roof was shot. I thanked him and asked for a ballpark estimate on replacement. He gave me the estimate I thanked him and he departed. I chose Brown Roofing because I have used them in the past and know them to be honest and reliable. I suspected that my roof was in bad shape and wanted to know if there was anything I could or should do before winter arrives but Brown confirmed what I strongly suspected, that there is nothing to do but replace the roof.

Description of Work
Inspected the roof of my home.

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

06/16/2014

Thomas S.

I signed up for a $200.00 inspection and minor repair "special" I scheduled via Angie's List (AL) for Monday AM. AL wrote back to say I had been scheduled for 10AM. Since I have to leave for work by 8AM at the latest, this was not an option for me. I wrote back to cancel the appointment and to say that I would reschedule. In the end, someone from the company came and inspected by roof when I was not home and mailed me a report. Obviously, they did not get the word from Angie's List that I had cancelled. I would like Angie's List to refund my $200.00.

Description of Work
Wrote a report

Work Completed On 05/26/2014

Hi this is Eddie with Brown Roofing sorry to hear that we did not make the appointments as scheduled we never received your change in schedule sometimes it is hard to do by computer we would gladly reimburse you your two hundred dollars I will have my office send out Monday hopefully you would uses us again if you have any questions please call office at 2037231372 here at brownRoofing we tried very hard to please all of our customers I know we did not meet your time satisfaction hopefully we met this one thank you very much hopefully we get to do business again

01/16/2014

andrea C.

It's a family business, 2 brothers and a mother. They are very honest, reliable, and competent. They were great and outstanding!

Description of Work
Removed 3 layers on a 100 year old roof down to plywood.

Work Completed On 10/19/2013

09/16/2013

Chaya P.

We have owned several homes in CT and New York and have had many experiences with contractors, some good and many bad. Brown Roofing in Naugatuck is one of the finest companies we have dealt with, while giving a fair and competitive price. They reroofed a small sunroom roof, installed 4 skylights, took down our wooden gutters, installed new seamless gutters and downspouts, and cleaned up after themselves. In reroofing the sunroom, they also flashed under the siding to make sure that there would be no leaks where the house siding joined the (lower) sunroom roof. The owner, Eddy Griffin, had worked for the company for many years before he bought it. We cannot speak highly enough about his professionalism and the responsiveness of his crew. When the work was delayed because the distributor didn?t get the skylights in on time, Eddy kept us fully informed. When he arrived to do the job, he arrived with several trucks, a roofing crew on day one and a gutter crew on day two. They all seemed very experienced and worked well together ; the work was completed in less than two days. It?s easy for roofers to take advantage of seniors like us because we can?t climb on the roof to look at the work. We knew that the fascia board might be rotted out and sections might have to be replaced?at additional cost. Although Eddy easily could have told us there was a problem with the fascia, he assured us that it was in good shape and did not need replacing. They did not just do the work we contracted for?they also did went the extra mile?just to be nice. They carted away a large pile of pressure treated lumber that our local dump would not take, and they installed better piping than we had to move water away from the foundation (even spray painting the parts to match the new gutters). These additional items were not part of our contract and one of his crew made a special trip to get them. When we offered to pay for these extra drainage materials, Eddy refused, saying he believed estimates should be adhered to. We also appreciated the fact that he seems to treat his workers well . We will wait for a good rain to see how everything holds up. But if there is a problem, I have no doubt that Brown roofing will be back to take care of it.

Description of Work
Reroofed sunroom, installed skylights, replaced gutters

Work Completed On 09/16/2013

09/05/2013

Linda P.

Excellent job, I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a decent price and excellent workmanship!

Description of Work
Ripped out our old roof and installed a new one.

Work Completed On 08/16/2013

07/19/2013

Marie Z.

They did good. They were very punctual and they have eight men come out. They did the roof in our house first. They did it all in one day, the roof repairs. We hired them also to do a complete roof job in another house. I don't know how it will work out but I think it will be good. The house that was inherited from my father was $2300. So far, it looks like they did good. They did the commercial building roof for us. They coated the flat roof with white stuff. That was $2800. They've been good to us so far. They were excellent.

Description of Work
We used Brown Roofing Co. for our roof repair. It was two repairs, one was for the commercial building and one was for our house we just inherited. That was to do a coating on a flat part of it and to do some new shingles on a part of it.

Work Completed On 07/01/2013

11/05/2012

Carol D.

I contacted Brown Roofing via the Connecticut Better Business Bureau website. Eddie contacted me that very same evening and said someone would be out the next morning around 10 AM. By the end of that day, all repairs were done! Very responsive, professional & reasonably priced.Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Needed some roof repair due to SuperStorm Sandy.