Sila Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2002

4271C

12 Manison St Ste 4

Stoneham, MA 02180

We’re Open and Committed to You: Since 1989, Sila has been proud to serve you and our community. As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we wanted to respectfully reach out to you. We are here if you need us. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities. Your health, our employees’ health and the health of our community is of utmost concern. * We are conducting daily briefings and ensuring enhanced operating protocols are followed in every home we have the pleasure to serve. * All technicians and comfort advisors are equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, along with protective equipment (gloves, booties, etc.) for increased precaution before entering your home. * We are asking our customers to notify us if they’re feeling ill or have been in contact with anyone exposed so we can take precautions. * We have taken measures in all Sila offices such as flexible work from home and paid time off policies. Your comfort is our priority. We’re committed to safely assisting our customers with the prompt and dependable service you’ve come to expect for over 30 years. Our hearts are with those who have been affected by this extraordinary situation. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and we’re ready when you need us. Stay safe and healthy, Lou Pellegrini CEO...

HVAC Companies (4706)plumbers (409)water heaters (338)electrician (291)lighting (64)drain cleaning (5)generator service (2)appliance repair (112)air duct cleaning (47)well & water pump repair (19)small appliance repair (17)heating oil company (12)

01/14/2022

Kortney A.

Pro: responsive Con: no price transparency They were the first to respond to the Angie's List inquiry, which was great. And they had availability to come out that same day. However, they refused to give any kind of price quote over the phone, not even a wide range. They wanted to come out and do an assessment for $89, and would only give a price quote at that time. I got them to tell me what their labor cost was ($90 per half hour), but they wouldn't discuss how long the job was likely to take, or whether we could at least put an upper limit on the job. If they came out for the assessment and ended up quoting some outrageous number, I'd still be on the hook for the $89 assessment. For such a simple job (ended up being about $300 plus materials), this was a bit silly. I already had all parts onsite, and could provide descriptions and pictures. I ended up booking with MJ Eisenhauer instead, as they gave me a fair price range in advance, as well as explaining what would affect the final cost. Maybe Sila's approach would make sense for more complicated jobs, but for simple stuff, I would look elsewhere.

Description of Work
remove and replace a pedestal sink with a small vanity sink

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

12/02/2021

Lynn K.

Problem turned out to be with the gas meter not regulating gas pressure correctly. Had to have gas company replace the meter. Ended up cancelling appointment which was scheduled for the next morning. This was 1 of 2 companies (out of the many I called) that had any availability and was able to schedule a service appointment. I was grateful for their responsiveness.

Description of Work
Possible Gas Furnace repair

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

10/07/2021

Mark B.

Back in 2019 I contacted Sila and Jake the General Manager regarding pricing concerns. I spoke to a few customer service reps and every one of them gave me a different price regarding a tune up on my heating system tune up Fast forward to 2021 and as a regular customer I had an Angis Coupon and was told by several customer service reps that I could use this for my heating system tune up. Once again they told me I could not use this coupon and I would have to pay full fee. I even talked to one of their Management Team Reps and they would not budge on price. Unfortunately this seems to be an on going problem - you speak to a rep - get a price that is agreed upon and then they change it- Not a good business practice. I really have some concerns about Sila and their accountability.- A REAL DISGRACE

Description of Work
hvac tune up

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

09/20/2021

Shirley S.

We just had our electrical panel updated. Mario and his team were fabulous! 5+!! I will recommend Sila to everyone because of the great experience we had. Fast service with with the best guys doing the best job at a fair price. What more could you ask for!!

Description of Work
electrical panel upgrade

Category appliance repair,electrician

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

Thank you very much for this rating! Mario is a valuable part of our team at Sila and we are happy to see him recognized. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer experience to all of our customers. We look forward to serving you again. Best, Team Sila

08/07/2021

Max S.

First technician (maybe Dave?) diagnosed heating problem, shut off the unwanted heat in front rooms (because it is summer), and provided options for full repair, but we did not have time for repair that day. Following week, second technician (Guy) came for annual AC checkup, and was also able to recheck the heating problem and review options. We discussed plans to fix the heating problem along with annual heating checkup in September, and revisit the AC next year. Both technicians seemed knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Heating check valve replacement, annual AC checkup

Work Completed On 08/07/2021

Thank you so much for your rating and review! Our main goal is to ensure that your home is comfortable and safe. We couldn't meet this goal without Dave, Guy, and the rest of our awesome team working tirelessly to provide the best customer experience possible. We look forward to serving you again! Best, Team Sila

06/17/2021

Linda C.

They said the coolant was overcharged and drained some off. Cleaned things up a bit and everything seemed to work well for one day. The next day was very hot and the system has never worked well since. It can't cool us below 80 degrees. I called twice and was told I would get a call back but never did.

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

04/30/2021

Scott B.

Was quoted $420 to replace a thermostat. I declined to be robbed blind and decided to end that service call after paying $210 to diagnose the problem as a bad thermostat. Thanks the last service call I’ll ever make to Sila.

Description of Work
No Heat in 1 Zone for a 3 Zone System

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

03/18/2021

Pankaj A.

They were good, on time, professional and the price is good.

Description of Work
Clean up the Heating unit system

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

02/22/2021

Joan C.

Excellent. Received a call by 9 AM and was told someone could be at my house by noon. Then, the office called to confirm the time and informed me of the plumber's name. We discussed the problem, and I was actually happy when I found out I could actually replace the toilet - since it was quite old. The work was completed by midday in a very professional way. I was very pleased with the work and will definitely use this company again. I am not sure about the total price - it might have been high - but not unreasonable.

Description of Work
I had a leak at the base of toilet.

Category appliance repair,plumbing

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

01/31/2021

David B.

David was the best engineer that I’ve ever had. Polite, professional and friendly - just a great guy. I will use them again for certain.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

Heating & A/C. Furnaces. Dual Fuel Systems. Oil Furnaces. Boilers. Hydronic Heating. Zoning Systems. Dehumidifiers. Media Filters. Humidifiers. Water Heaters. Ventilators. Hepa Filters. In Floor & Under Floor In Wall Heating. Water Cooling Systems. Water Source Heat Pumps. Gas Piping. Generators. Ductless Mini Split. Tankless Water Heaters. Unit Heaters. Commercial Equipment.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check