The size of a small septic system falls between 750 and 1,000 gallons. Keep reading to learn all about small septic systems for one toilet and how to choose one.
Get matched with top septic system services in New Haven, CT
There are 12 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in New Haven
- LOYD CLARK & SONS SEPTIC SERVICESNot ready to do cleaning and evaluation until water is available. Although no physical work was done, company provided valuable information regarding cleaning and evaluation process.
- Valli Construction Company, Inc.My heroes! They identified the problem with my sewer after another company failed to do so. They fixed it promptly, professionally and charged reasonable prices. They patiently explained everything that needed to be done ahead of time and completed the job for LESS than the estimated price! Honest, friendly... simply the best
- Whitfield Sanitation ServicesThese guys are great. Returned an after hours emergency message in a flash and had a crew and a truck here first thing next AM. Problem solved . Good guys - quick service - impeccable clean up - can't do it any faster or any better than they did.
- R Cox Enterprisesyoung man was very impressive. he left the site as it was before doing the service. would not thought it possible. that young man deserves a raise or a bonus at Christmas time.
- SepticWorksOutstanding service. The tech took the time to answer my questions and educate me on the workings of the septic system so I will make good choices about products in the future. He came on time, cleaned up, leaving nothing on my property and filled in the holes he had to dig to expose the system. I will use this company every time and recommend them to my friends
- SepticWorksFor the septic inspection he went through the whole system iwith me, answered all my questions also down to earth. Great guy and fantastic service.! Give him a call, you have the start of a new relationship with me 🤗
- Russ's Septic ServiceThis family owned company is professional, very responsive, thorough and great to work with. We have been provided with their services for over 20 years and have recommended them to our family and friends. A great company!
- LOYD CLARK & SONS SEPTIC SERVICES* Lloyd contacted me immediately after I made contact with AL * Texted to keep me apprised of our get together. * Went out of his way to secure the dump permit from Oxford Town Hall * Showed up on time * Explained process thoroughly although most went over my head * Worked up a sweat to find nothing wrong with tank (phew) * I would certainly recommend him to friend
- Suburban Sanitation Service, Inc.This is the second house that I have trusted Suburban Sanitation with the replacement of the septic system. I trust them (in particular Mark and his crew) because they are extremely knowledgeable regarding the design of the system, quality products to use, and working through the permitting process. Most importantly they communicate with the client and always do what they promise. Mark is in charge of all of this and does his job extremely well.This latest septic system was a tricky install in a wetland area in a town with a complicated permitting process (and in the middle of winter.) Hopefully no more septic systems for me, but if I did need one replaced I would hire Suburban Sanitation again
- Call Free FlowThe problem was diagnosed quickly and resolved. I highly recommend Free Flow for any / all of your septic system repairs. Dave was pleasant and professional and did a great job.
Last update on June 21, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in New Haven, CT
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works launched the Septic Tank Elimination Program to convert Indianapolis homes with a septic tank to city sewer.
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- North Haven,
- East Haven,
- West Haven,
- North Branford,
- Beacon Falls,
Septic Tank Contractors in New Haven, CT
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4 EVERGREEN LLC93 W HILL RD
Thomaston, Connecticut 06787
- 4 EVERGREEN LLC
- A-1 Quality Rooter240 Fairway Dr
Meriden, Connecticut 06450
- A-Team Plumbing and Drain LLC1038 Middletown Ave
Northford, Connecticut 06472
- AAA Rooter16 Douglas Dr
South Meriden, Connecticut 06451
- American Excavating & Septic Inc15 Cronk Rd Ste 1
Plainville, Connecticut 06062
- ASAP Sewer & Drain Cleaning LLC47 Stanton Road
Gilman, Connecticut 06336
- A-1 Quality Rooter
- Bill Roy Septic150 Christian Street
OXFORD, Connecticut 06478
- Bill Roy Septic
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Kunzik Construction & Excavating3 Sauquett Ln
Seymour, Connecticut 06483
- Kunzik Construction & Excavating
- M&M Excavating 179 Root Ln
Sheffield, Massachusetts 01257
- Matt's Pro Plumbing Inc43 Brooke Meadow Rd
Berlin, Connecticut 06037
- McKinley Oil1403 Marion Road
Cheshire, Connecticut 06410
- Mr. Inside Out Home Inspection Services, Inc.PO Box 145 OFFICES IN AND SERVICING NY, NJ AND CT - 7 DAYS A WEEK
Rock Tavern, New York 12575
- Mr. Rooter of South Central Connecticut2 Commercial St
North Branford, Connecticut 06471
- M&M Excavating
- Quinn Plumbing & Heating LLC34 Raccio Park Rd # 12
Hamden, Connecticut 06518
- Quinn Plumbing & Heating LLC
- Reliable Plumbing & Pump Service17A Herman Drive
Simsbury, Connecticut 06070
- Rhodes Pump Service2351 Boston Post Rd 502
Guilford, Connecticut 06437
- Robert Pryor, P.E., L.S., LEED115 Newton Rd
Woodbridge, Connecticut 06525
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup431 New State Road
Manchester, Connecticut 06042
- Ryan Home Inspection Services LLC16 Orbit Dr
Enfield, Connecticut 06082
- Reliable Plumbing & Pump Service
- Sanitrol Septic Services LLC27 Ciro Rd
North Branford, Connecticut 06471
- SCHMIDT PLUMBING & HEATING COPO BOX 11186
Waterbury, Connecticut 06703
- Seaview Custom Homes LLC308 Pettipaug Rd
Westbrook, Connecticut 06498
- Skips Wastewater Services21 Courtney Dr
Ellington, Connecticut 06029
- SM Welch Remodeling16 Ogden Lord Road
Marlborough, Connecticut 06447
- Suburban Sanitation Service, Inc.80 MIDDLETOWN AVE
East Hampton, Connecticut 06424
- Sanitrol Septic Services LLC
- Tony Marzano Plumbing & Heating LLC 520 Franklin Ave
Hartford, Connecticut 06114
- Tony Marzano Plumbing & Heating LLC
- Violette Silvester And Sons Inc65 Cherry St
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut 06108
- Violette Silvester And Sons Inc
- Whitfield Sanitation Services2450 Foxon Road
North Branford, Connecticut 06471
- Whitfield Sanitation Services
Septic tank companies that service New Haven
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.