Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Oakdale, CA
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Oakdale
- Mikita ConstructionPaul came right out to look at the patio. He put me in touch with a roofer, who unethically tried to cut Paul out of the picture, and was also not available right away. Paul quickly found me a new roofer that came out promptly and removed the old roof. Paul then replaced all of the damaged wood and painted it to match the existing roof bays. The roofer returned to re-roof the patio. They did a good job and finished in a timely manner. Paul was very pleasant and easy to work with. He followed through on what he said he would do. My only suggestion for improvement would be to provide a more official receipt. Because it was part of a real estate transaction, by law I needed to provide the buyer with a receipt for the work that was done. I did get a receipt, but it was an email stating what work had been done, instead of a normal receipt. The realtors accepted it, but both said a real receipt would have been better read less
- Adrian ConstructionI cannot express to you the high degree of excellence this company ascribes to. Every person from the owner right through every employee are excellent tradesmen and superior people. They have respect for your home as they work and respect for the homeowner if you have a question. They are the best! If I could give them 100 points I would read less
- Adrian ConstructionA few problems encountered with this job in the beginning around communication and window sizes however, Donovan made everything right and work was completed to our satisfaction. The work performed by Mike, Jake, Nate and Tim was excellent and they were all very pleasant while at our home and cleaned up after themselves every day. Poor workmanship on existing window frames presented a challenge with new replacement fit however, Mike went over and above to ensure new windows fit flush to the house and they look great. Looking forward to working with everyone again on my next project read less
- Adrian ConstructionDonovan and his crew did everything they could to insure that I would not have any future problems with these soffits. They went beyond what anyone could expect, including finding ways to prevent wasps from entering the home. Since I am severely allergic, this was a major problem for me, and they sealed every possible crack and crevice. Whereever possible Donovan suggested less expensive alternatives for construction. All along the way he explained everything he did, and why. I trust his work. I trust his integrity read less
- Adrian ConstructionWent very well, the day they started it reached 108. They started on time and were very respectful of my home, left everything very clean. They even removed some trash I had from the demo of the old vanity when they left. Great job.
- Adrian ConstructionAside from the random rain showers that were hitting us around that time, everything went smoothly. We were able to fix a misunderstanding fairly easily in regards to where our exterior light sockets were to be located. However a quick phone call cleared up the miscommunication. They stucco'd the addition in an afternoon and patched up all the holes on the older portion of the house on the following day read less
- Adrian ConstructionTwo young guys arrived on tues morning (the temp reached 108) and started by removing and replacing the water shutoff valves, next was removing the old plywood subfloor which was very difficult to remove. Then they put down a subfloor that can be tiled on, the next thing was starting to map out the floor design and start the cuts. Arrived early the next day and almost got the floor completed, on Thursday they finished the floor and grouted it, then installed the vanity and sinks and top, then the connection and plumbing was finished and they were out by about 4pm. They took great care not to get anything dirty and cleaned everything up before they left. two very nice guys. The owner and his partner made several stops to make sure everything was going well read less
- Adrian ConstructionWe were amazed at how quickly everything was done. Donovan completed the demo in one day & had the front of the house including the siding done in the first week. I don't know that I have ever heard of construction going as smoothly as ours did. What Donovan had planned on 8-10 weeks took a little over 6 weeks. My favorite part was Donovan coming in every day or two to go over the project & what he planned for the next day to the next week. It kept us informed & able to plan our lives around this construction. We did have one hiccup that I caused when I ordered a sink that didn't fit. Donovan had some ideas to make it work but in the end we decided we would just replace the sink with another one that fit better. It looks great & did not cause us any delays. We are so pleased with the quality of work that we have decided to use Adrian Construction again to redo our laundry room read less
- Brawley ConstructionMike and Ed did a great job! They were very professional and knowledgeable in what was a somewhat difficult repair. I would definitely recommend and use them again for any remodeling or major repairs to my home.
- Brawley ConstructionWe originally just wanted to remodel our kitchen and family room. They were separate rooms and we wanted to take down the wall to create a more open feeling. We later decided to remodel our laundry room and bathroom too. Brawley Construction was very professional in every aspect. They were very friendly and easy to communicate with. They were very helpful in helping us make decisions. They were very understanding and agreeable to all the additional things we asked for too. Their workers Ed and Angel were very professional as well. They did all the work from demolition to all last minute details. They were very articulate in all phases of the job. We LOVE our newly remodeled home! I would highly recommend Brawley Construction for any remodeling job read less
Contractors in Oakdale
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:For over 40 years, we have provided pest control services throughout California and Nevada. We are an active member of Pest Control Operators of California Association, which strives to educate and inform companies throughout the state of California of the ever-changing legislation that is vital to our business. It is our commitment to provide the best-trained, professional staff available. Additional DBA: Roseville Termite Pest Contro read lessRecent Review:It was perfect. He is professional, on time and he has good communication skills. He also provided good documentations. He is very thorough. I haven't had any issues with them yet.Kimber B.
- Business Description:I am committed to providing friendly and knowledgeable service with the quality, value and satisfaction each customer deserves. This company is based on the belief that the customer's needs are of the utmost importance. I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of the business is from repeat customers and referrals. I would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry. Also serving Jamestown, CA. read lessRecent Review:Phil is the real deal! He does carful top level work and will go the extra mile to make sure everything turns out correctly. He is a breath of fresh air. Good price for great work! Don’t even bother with anyone else! No risk here at all! I wish all contractors had his work ethic and attitude read lesskurt o.
- Business Description:Hi, my name is Paul Mikita. Owner of Mikita Construction. We take pride in our workmanship, and I personally work on all my projects. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. I am very easy to get a hold of and will ALWAYS return your calls! I have a drug free workplace and we speak English. Thank you very much for your consideration! Additional referrals available upon request. Lic #799711, bonded and insured read lessRecent Review:Paul came right out to look at the patio. He put me in touch with a roofer, who unethically tried to cut Paul out of the picture, and was also not available right away. Paul quickly found me a new roofer that came out promptly and removed the old roof. Paul then replaced all of the damaged wood and painted it to match the existing roof bays. The roofer returned to re-roof the patio. They did a good job and finished in a timely manner. Paul was very pleasant and easy to work with. He followed through on what he said he would do. My only suggestion for improvement would be to provide a more official receipt. Because it was part of a real estate transaction, by law I needed to provide the buyer with a receipt for the work that was done. I did get a receipt, but it was an email stating what work had been done, instead of a normal receipt. The realtors accepted it, but both said a real receipt would have been better read lessShawn I.
- Business Description:I specialize in Residential Replacement, New Construction, & Retrofit Windows & Doors. I do most work on my own but if I need help it's available. No subcontractor. Unless I do stucco, drywall repair & painting. I accept cash, checks & credit cards Estimates are free with in a reasonable distance from Riverbank/Modesto area. I Warranty my work as long as you own the home, its maintained properly and is your primary residents. DBA- Kevin J Coope read lessRecent Review:We recently purchased our Dream Home. The first thing we needed to do was replace all of our windows and 3 of our doors. We contacted Kevin and Amber with Cooper Window and Door after a Google search and reading the reviews of their business. Amber returned our call within the day we left a message and we scheduled an appointment. At our scheduled appointment, Kevin and Amber took all the measurements of all of our windows and our doors, explained the benefits of the windows (with an actual window not just a brochure - that was Awesome) and the doors they were recommending. They then reviewed the process with us - when we would receive a quote, how long it would take from purchase date to install date, etc. We felt comfortable and confident with Kevin and Amber from the start. Their communication was exceptional – all happened just as they told us it would. We even benefited from being moved up in their schedule! Throughout each phase, they were up front, direct and honest. They were extremely responsive to all of our questions, no matter how trivial. They both went several “extra miles” answering our questions, sharing their experience, offering suggestions when asked and just helping us make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted to make our Dream Home exceptional. The installation process was flawless. They asked us what we would like installed first and immediately went to work. It took just the time they scheduled with us, they paid attention to all the details and cleaned up when they were finished – so well, in fact, that we did not even know they worked the days they were at our home. Kevin and Amber’s professionalism, personality, attention to detail and responsiveness was OUTSTANDING!!! They far exceeded our expectations! Our experience was exceptional from start to finish, thank you, Kevin and Amber!!! If you are buying or replacing windows and/or buying or replacing doors, we highly recommend Kevin and Amber with Cooper Window and Door. April M. and Greg F read lessApril M.
- Business Description:Adrian Construction is a private locally owned General Contracting Company. We have ten employees that strive to provide our customers with high quality work and fair prices. We specialize in general remodeling, kitchens, bathrooms, tile, drywall, painting, and flooring. We do everything that has to do with a residential home read lessRecent Review:i first needed base molding in the guest bath and kitchen. they did this work and it was beautiful. also needed texture on one wall redone. they contracted that work to aderholt drywall and it was exceptional. to have that work done, i waited five months because they were "busy". the total duration of that work was 1.25 days. seven months after that work was done, i still did not have an estimate for replacing the flooring in my entire house, or any of the other whole house remodel i wanted to do. i went in twice and selected materials. i called several times asking for estimates and a time frame to begin replacing my floors, but they never responded. it had now been one full year without any estimates for my projects, no time frame, nobody interested at all. i don't know what happened to this company. at first, everybody was very pleasant to communicate with. did they have me mixed up with somebody else for whom they did not want to work? had they changed owners? i recently went in to their store to ask about a product, and they behaved as if it was a ridiculous inconvenience for anybody to ask about their products and services. they promised to call me with the information i needed but, of course, they never did. also, somebody should remind the women behind the desk that, even if you're whispering, people in the store can hear what you're saying. if it isn't nice, you should probably wait until people are not in the store. overall, i have to give this company a score of one star because of their terrible customer service skills, non-existent follow-up, and general disinterest in their customers. if you're not interested in a job, at the very least you should let the customer know so they can move on read lessanne b.
- Business Description:We are a general building contractor offering residential and commercial new construction and remodeling, from kitchen and baths to restaurants and tenant improvements and everything in between.Recent Review:Accommodating with attention to detail- reliable and creative, fair pricing, and good follow through!Laurie L.
- Business Description:Brawley Construction Co. is a family run business with over 25 years of experience in all phases of residential construction and remodeling. Well versed in all construction sub trades, Brawley Construction Co. subs out only when necessary. Free estimates read lessRecent Review:did not respond to request for information on angieslist.anne b.
- Business Description:Drechsler Construction is a small independent company serving the greater bay area. The mission of Drechsler Construction is to be the contractor of choice by providing superior quality at a competitive price. I believe quality craftsmanship, completing projects on time, and dealing fairly and honestly with everyone involved are essential to maintaining my excellent reputation in the construction industry. Lic#92871 read lessRecent Review:He made arrangement to come out and do drywall repairs...but never showed up. I was good about it, and sent him a message stating that I understood that issues come up some times, out of his control. And tried setting up another date...but he never responded. If he changed his mine about working for me...the least and descent thing he could/ should have done, was call me back and explain why he coulden't except my business. He cost me a full days salary, waiting on him and he never showed up...I'll never do business with him again. He read lessLamar S.
- Business Description:Please do NOT leave messages on Angieslist for our company. You will need to call us for a free roof inspection and estimate - 800-913-1180. No other roofing company in Northern California inspects, repairs and certifies more roofs; or solves more roof leak problems. Over 105,000 roofs inspected since 2010. Over 11,000 "likes" on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RoofDoctorsdba Serving the Central Valley, Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area - North Bay, East Bay & South Bay. Free.. read lessRecent Review:Do not work with this business. It is a terrible company. Our real estate agents had Roof Doctors come inspect our roof during the sale of our home. Roof Doctors found very minor issues (literally a couple nails that were not all the way nailed in the roof). We asked in writing if Roof Doctors would provide a roof certification if our own licensed roof contractor fixed the issue. Mark Vickers confirmed in an email that they would issue the certification. Two weeks later, they refused to issue the certification and charged us $325 to nail in the nails. When we tried to discuss the issue with sales representatives, they were extremely rude and unprofessional. The company also made us sign an insane contract signing away any and all rights. I would never have signed the contract if the closing of the sale of our home were not dependent upon receiving the roof certification from roof doctors. This company is borderline criminal and a total scam. UPDATE: I have attached the screenshot email communications with Marc Vickers where he confirmed he would issue the certification. This company misses the point when it's supervisors make representations and assurances IN WRITING, but the company refuses to honor its own mistake. If it were not required to close escrow on our home, there is no way I would sign the contract or pay this scam of a company read lessGarrett A.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Angels Camp
- French Camp
- La Grange
general contractors in Oakdale
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Nelson Finish Carpentry1955 Taylor Ave
- A&J Carpentry Services3553 Veneman Ave
- AARON RICHARDSON CONSTRUCTION3701 coye oak dr.
- Abba Builders & Construction517 Stein Way
- Adrian Construction3424 Oakdale Rd
- Advanced Integrated Pest Management205 Kenroy Ln
- all crown spec. in crown molding,& baseboards ,2437 Veneto Ln
- All Phase3200 W Monte Vis Ave
- All Phase Property Services Inc10734 Lands End Dr
- Arellanes handyman service2029 college ave
- AW Construction3525 E. Forest Lake Rd
- A Nelson Finish Carpentry
- B N K CONSTRUCTION2204 Park E Dr
- BEL CONSTRUCTION3917 Chatsworth Cir
- Bier Construction18824 Sugar Pine Dr.
Twain Harte, California
- BLGC INC3932 Mesrob Ct
- BOB LEONARD & ASSOC1325 EL PINAL DR D4
- Bogetti Construction, INC920 Topaz Ct
- Brawley Construction311 Greenstone Way
- B N K CONSTRUCTION
- CAS CONSTRUCTION1855 E TUOLUMNE RD
- Central California Sheds829 Mercy Ave
- CHATEAUX FRAMING, INC.3701 Georgeann Place
- CM Carpets Plus1338 E Miner Ave
- Conheart Construction1970 Bradford St
- construction services607 W Roseburg Ave
- Cooper Window & Door5637 McHenry Avenue
- cordovaconstruction6128 Fillmore Ave
- Costa's Home Improvement1816 Maid Mariane Ln
- cth Installations2314 Reile Ave
- CAS CONSTRUCTION
- Industrial Ag Construction Solutionsp.o. box 185
- Industrial Ag Construction Solutions
- KHB Construction inc.
- KHB Construction inc.
- M & M HOME IMPROVEMENT1228 MAYETTE AVE
- Marcus Paul Beaver Construction1872 Ackley Cir #9
- Mark Scott Construction241 Frank W Cir
- McCain ConstructionP. O. Box 577231
- Michael Doyle, General Building Contractor619 Brookfield Dr
- Mikita Construction216 Meadowlark Way
- Monark Construcyion236 San Juan Dr
- Mooney's Handyman Service154 Mesquite Ct
- M & M HOME IMPROVEMENT
- Quinly Builders Inc2079 Goldeneye Way
- Quinly Builders Inc
- R.A.M. CONSTRUCTION3913 Ridlon Court
- RBM REMODELING CO2355 LAMBERT ST.
- Reliance Bldg & Maint LLC1027 N Emerald Ave Unit E
- Reyes handyman ServicesPO BOX 577004
- Roof Doctors8430 Madison Ave
FAIR OAKS, California
- Runyan & Runyan ConstructionPO Box 1626
- R.A.M. CONSTRUCTION
- Schaefer Construction8829 Davis Rd Suite 3
- Scott Redenbaugh ConstructionPO Box 1503
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Spiffy's Landscaping & Design16548 Silkwood Ct
- Spring Creek Pool and Spa Inc331 Pine St
- Stockton Ace Hardware3201 W Benjamin Holt Dr 150
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Summit Construction & Remodeling7513 Rosewood Dr
- Schaefer Construction
- T-J Roofing Co Inc3400 Peterson Rd
- Thompson's Handyman Services2302 Geneva
- TIM FILSON CONSTRUCTION1663 Springcreek Way
- Timco Construction Inc.8561 Younger Creek Drive Ste 100
- Top Notch Construction & Remodel Inc1224 Yorktown Ln
- Triple N Construction5402 Gold Hill Dr
- Tusk Construction8385 Oakridge Rd
Mountain Ranch, California
- T-J Roofing Co Inc