Guy Biggs Construction

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2011

4235 Pacific St # F

Rocklin, CA 95677

Guy Biggs Construction knows that your home is the center of your life. It is where you raise your family, welcome friends and build memories. Guy Biggs respects the trust you place in him to make your home the best it can be.

03/21/2017

Randy J.

He did a wonderful job-- a great job. They did a good deal for us. The quality is wonderful. It took five days to complete the job. It was one gentlemen who did it all that is why it took a little longer, but he was wonderful.

Description of Work
We just finished up a bathroom remodel at a rental we had.

02/01/2017

Cynthia B.

Guy was great to work with. I tend to be very indecisive at times and so I really appreciated his ideas in style and design. The contractors that worked for him did an excellent job on our kitchen remodel. The only thing I would recommend is that you double check all requests that are forwarded to the cabinet maker. The cabinet types are forwarded by someone other than Guy and there were a few discrepancies. I do not have an accurate turn around as we had started to do the remodel and then a family tragedy occurred which delay the completion. I really do love our new kitchen and would hire again.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home remodeling

12/22/2016

Juanita D.

Guy and Mark are very good at working with couples with different tastes and ideas...Very Good! Also, if Guy suggests an improved idea, GO WITH IT! His crews are always on time, they work clean and as quiet as they can be, they are concerned and aware about pets, critical of their work, and efficient. They are almost too polite. Guy guarantee's his company's work and the products he uses. On a few occasions they have returned to make a repair or replace the product with a better one, at no cost to us.

Description of Work
Guy Biggs, and his company, has been remodeling our home since July of 2011. He has remodeled our kitchen, family room by gutting both rooms, with new floors, granite counters, canned lighting, & new cabinets, a rebuilt fireplace mantle, under cabinet lighting, electrical re-wiring & a surprise accent lighting in place of old inset lighting. He also removed all the acoustical ceiling in the family room while waiting for paint to dry as a last minute request. Later, he remodeled our master bathroom into a tiled shower room (with a camouflaged drain), retiled & re-floored our guest bath, and re-floored our halls, den, 2 bedrooms with matching flooring from the previous kitchen/family room remodel. All the work was supervised by his son, Mark.

07/14/2016

Kenneth S.

We are extremely satisfied with the work Guy and his crew did on our kitchen remodel. He was always on time and creatively solved any issue that came up. He made sure we were happy with all of the aspects of the project. We highly recommend Guy and his team.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

07/05/2016

Cynthia B.

Guy was great to work with. I tend to be very indecisive at times and so I really appreciated his ideas in style and design. The contractors that worked for him did an excellent job on our kitchen remodel. The only thing I would recommend is that you double check all requests that are forwarded to the cabinet maker. The cabinet types are forwarded by someone other than Guy and there were a few discrepancies. I do not have an accurate turn around as we had started to do the remodel and then a family tragedy occurred which delayed completion. I really do love our new kitchen and would hire again.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

05/09/2016

Elizabeth A.

We had a horrible experience. We have a home that was built in the 1950's by my boyfriend's grandparents. It needs updating throughout, including electrical, windows and plumbing, as well as overall cosmetic changes for a better aesthetic. However, what we needed from them was a quote for the kitchen (a small galley kitchen) and the hall and master bathrooms (both relatively small, especially the master) [the house is approx. 1248 square feet]. We also needed a quote to replace all the windows. Larry and Guy came to look at the house and take measurements. During their visit, they mentioned several things they would do, such as knock out the partial wall separating the kitchen from the family room, remove the beam between the kitchen and dining room area, and change the bedroom door entries so they are angled differently. We said as long as we could do ALL the work needed for $75,000 then we would entertain their suggestions. Guy seemed surprised and said he thought we were getting $105,000 from refinancing the house. We made it clear that while we were looking to get a little over $100,000 out, our budget for this project was a firm $75,000. We have other things we need to do with the remainder. Two weeks later (April 30, 2016), we met with them to go over the quote. Guy, Larry and their designer Vivian came to our house to show us the one and only plan they came up with. I say one and only because during this 2 week period, we contacted them to say that we were no longer interested in entertaining the idea of knocking down the partial wall in the kitchen or removing the beam between the kitchen and dining room area. We notified them of this decision on a Monday and had our follow up visit with them that following Saturday. However, their plan/quote STILL had us knocking down the wall and removing the beam. It went downhill from there. They quoted $104,000 (approximately because they took their written estimate with them) to do everything THEY came up with in THEIR plan. The quote did not reflect what WE actually wanted. Moreover, it did not even include replacing the windows which was a priority for us. When I mentioned that their quote coincidentally was just shy of the money they thought we were getting out, Guy indignantly responded that his clients routinely go over their budget (and gave 2 recent examples) and stated that he "doesn't bid to the budget." Both my boyfriend and I have experience in the construction industry, him from actually working the trades, and me as a construction litigation and real estate attorney. We are not the typical homeowners who have no experience with dealing with contractors, vendors, materials and the bidding process. WE HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE INFLATED QUOTE. Just to give you an idea, the kitchen quote alone was about $53,000! Before meeting them, I read the previous reviews on here, especially the more recent one accusing them of inflating the quote. I read Biggs Construction's response and thought, "Okay, maybe ours will be different because we are doing a lot of the work ourselves and just want moderately-priced materials, nothing too high end like that other reviewer wanted." No, it was not different. I understand now how the typical homeowner will have no idea that they are being overcharged and pay $20,000-$30,000 (and more!) for Biggs Construction to do the job. Especially when the owner, Guy, flat out says he does not even consider the client's budget! When I mentioned how ridiculous this policy is, Larry intervened to say how they like to show "possibilities" of what "could be done." "They are not making choices for us." This may be true, but then at least offer a quote that includes what WE ACTUALLY WANT, not some DREAM OF WHAT COULD BE DONE IF WE HAD AN UNLIMITED BUDGET. Larry then took over from there and had the brilliant idea to actually make a list of OUR priorities, which were (1) cosmetic changes to kitchen and 2 bathrooms, (2) replace windows, (3) fix some bathroom plumbing in in-law unit, and (4) provide some curb appeal to exterior. Why they didn't make this list in the first place during their initial visit is beyond me. He then said, condescendingly, that we couldn't accomplish our 4 priorities with $75,000. I responded by reminding him that this is where their expertise comes in to play and we can decide how "high end" or "low end" we want those changes to be and brainstorm to get the most "bang for our buck." Not only that, but we were already planning to do most of the demo and other "grunt" work to help lower their overall cost. Larry agreed to revise the quote based on work we actually wanted done within our budget, and I said he could go up to $80,000 if he needed to, but no more. He took their quote and they all left. Fast forward a week later to this past Saturday (5/7/2016), I get an email from Larry claiming that they are "booked out until the end of June, with several other contracts pending. After looking at the requirements of your project, especially the timing of your needs, we do not feel we are the best contractor to accomplish what your remodel needs. In order to save you any additional stress and help you move forward we are withdrawing Guy Biggs Construction from your consideration." Funny they were more than willing to book this project a week ago for $104,000 and complete the job by the end of July (which was our target completion date). But now that their quote was challenged by two people who have some idea of what their quote SHOULD have been and SHOULD have included, they are not even professional enough to provide the revised quote as promised. As we say in the real estate world, CAVEAT EMPTOR. Let the buyer beware.

Description of Work
Quote for remodeling kitchen and 2 baths. IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR BUDGET AND WANT TO WORK WITH A CONTRACTOR WHO ALSO CARES ABOUT YOUR BUDGET, THEN DO NOT USE GUY BIGGS CONSTRUCTION.

04/06/2016

Jia Z.

Very punctual and professional when obtaining bid. Final bid for the work was close to $50,000 for both rooms, which seemed rather high for the work to be done. These were secondary bathrooms and not our master bathroom. Visited them at their showroom to go over more details, but then never heard from them again. Another issue was pressure to use products they sold or obtained rather than working with any material we obtained on our own - no warranty for anything we obtained, which I took to mean if it broke, too bad, you bought it, not us. Given this issue plus the high price for the bid, we didn't pursue any further.

Description of Work
Obtained bids for remodel of a small powder room/half bath and guest bathroom. Complete remodel desired with complete teardown and rebuild.

Category home remodeling

We are sorry your experience was not what you expected. During our first appointment we attempted to learn as much as possible about what you were looking for. The initial estimate was our first attempt to come up with a design that not only met your high end requests, but also the design aesthetic of the rest of your home. Yes, your estimate was almost $50,000. But clear glass vessel sinks, curbless showers and solid wood custom vanity tops can be expensive. After your visit to our showroom a list of links when suggestions along with, substantially lower pricing was sent to you. We make every attempt to make each customer's experience low key and tailored specifically to them. When you didn't respond are assumption is that you have chosen someone else. As for the warranty problem. We offer a warranty that, to our knowledge, no one else offers. If you buy your materials from us AND we install those materials we will guarantee everything for as long as you own the home. If a client purchases materials from somewhere else we will certainly install them but we can't be expected to warranty a product we didn't sell. This would be much like you purchasing a faucet from one "big box" home improvement retailer and expecting the other "big box" retailer to warranty it if it leaks. We offer great service but financially we can't be that great. Instead we tell the client that if you buy the faucet from us and it leaks we will come out and fix it and then we will deal with the manufacturer for the warranty. Again, we are sorry for your experience. Guy Biggs Construction

01/28/2016

Debra J.

When we arrived at his office in Rocklin his designer wasn't there as planned that day and he gave us only black and white drawing of cabinets w cabinet model #s which didn't help much. The price was also significantly higher than the ballpark he'd first estimated. While meeting with us he left and got up to help and follow around a customer who stated he was just looking and was just driving by and stopped to look. He finally came back to us after about 10 minutes. Another man had arrived apparently for an appointment. He told him he'd just have to wait, wasn't terribly nice to him about that. So we decided to pass as he seemed pleasant to us but we felt he had his timing and customer priorities backwards, wasn't prepared for us, should've rescheduled rather than us driving all that way, and the price jumped. His craftsmanship might be very good but we didn't feel this would work for us.

Description of Work
Mr Biggs came to our home then met us for an appointment in Rocklin a week or so later to provide us w 3D renderings for a proposed kitchen remodel. What we received later were just basic 2d drawing cabinet layout with cabinet model #s and a rough cost estimate.

01/12/2016

MIMI M.

Having been left high and dry by our contractor, we had negative four days to provide our lender with an estimate of costs for the renovation of a property we were purchasing. Larry met with us the day after I called. He was knowledgeable and friendly. We discussed what should be included in the quote and emphasized that we needed the quote no later than 5pm the following day. He measured and looked around, spending, all told, about 30-45 minutes with us. I contacted him later that afternoon to let him know that the lender would require the bid to be itemized (permits, labor, materials). I never received his bid and did not hear from him again.

Description of Work
We requested an estimate of costs to renovate a property we were purchasing in Citrus Heights.

09/10/2015

Shirlie M.

Larry came out to give me a bid on my bath repair/remodel. He told me that he would provide the estimate within a week. Weeks went by before I received a quote ( less than 1 page and not itemized.) Finally I drove out to their office and I asked for an itemized estimate - again he promised to send one - never heard from him again. Waste of my time and delayed the repair of my bathroom

Description of Work
Did not use this provider

01/12/2015

Courtney D.

I had a sales guy from Guy Biggs come out to perform a quote on December 18th. The sales man did all the measurements and advised that I am required to go to the show room to get the quote. I was unable to make it to Roseville so I requested the quote and advised I understood tile choices could fluctuate the price (I was looking for just labor cost) but I received no response. I'm not sure why they wasted time to come to my home if they weren't going to provide the quote.

Description of Work
Quote for bathroom remodel

12/01/2014

Gary M.

Showed up on time, minimized the mess, very professional, quality work.

Description of Work
Complete master bath

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank You [member name removed] for your kind remarks and thoughtful rating! Conrad, GBC

09/22/2014

Joe R.

Guy Biggs did an excellent job. Although he did not do all of the work himself, he seems to know the most talented construction people in the area, and seems to have a diverse knowledge of most construction issues. The room looks like it is part of the original house, as desired. Guy went out of his way to stick to his cost estimate despite running into an number of extra items and a few problems. He was very responsive in answering phone calls and questions. The only negative was that after a worker accidentally damaged an item, it took Guy longer than it should have to get the issue corrected, which resulted in some inconvenience for the customer. However, the problem was finally resolved.

Description of Work
Guy Biggs Construction built a room addition.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Mr. [removed member name], Guy appreciates your thoughtful candid remarks. If we can ever be of any further service please let us know. Thank You, Conrad, GBC, 916.520.4489, info@GuyBiggs.com "We are never too busy for your referrals!'

09/08/2014

Nichole K.

Met at my home to take measurements and discuss what I wanted in a kitchen remodel. Final design way beautiful and the estimated cost for the project was very reasonable. We are saving up to be able to pay for the entire job in cash, but when we're ready we will be using Guy Biggs.

Description of Work
Created a design for a kitchen remodel.

07/16/2014

LAURA E.

I met with the designer and owner regarding the Big Deal 3D rendering for a whole bath and a half bath. They were very helpful and comfortable to talk to. Conrad had also furnished me with info prior to the meeting. It was decided that no 3D design was necessary because the bathrooms are so small. I will probably use them for the renovation because of their reputation for honesty and excellent work.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

[member name removed], Guy, Sandra & myself really appreciate your thoughtful and kind Review remarks! Also your Angie's List 'A' Rating. When you are ready to proceed we look forward to being of further service... Conrad

06/04/2014

David T.

It was fine. I had scheduling issues. I talked to them about a master bathroom remodel. They did the drawings that we expected. I was happy with them overall. He did what I asked of him. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Guy Biggs Construction came out and did a design. It was a big deal purchase.

03/26/2014

russell E.

He tried to stay within the contract and there hasn't been overruns. He's really good at checking out what is needed in getting prices and he does his homework. He just usually gets everything at the price that he is quoted. He is knowledgeable. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
We used Guy Biggs Construction for general remodeling services.

Category remodeling

02/27/2014

Donna R.

I like him a lot, and I thought he was a great person to talk with him and all, but we haven't decided anything yet. I liked that he was no pressure. The design was interesting, and it is a big change. The interaction with him was very good.

Description of Work
We had purchased a big deal for Guy Biggs Construction. He made a design for kitchen remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank You so much for your kind thoughtful review! This means a lot to Guy and I. We try hard to provide the best of service to our customers. If we can ever be of any further assistance please let us know... Conrad

01/16/2014

Marcia P.

I like that they stayed within their budget. They delivered what they said they were going to do. My house was built in the 1940's and they ran into issues, but they were able to adjust without having to up the prices; that was really important to me.They deliver what they say they are going to do. The owner comes out and checks on the workers to make sure that they are doing everything correctly. I hired him for my rental property too and it has a garage conversion; so we are having him turn that back into a garage for me.

Description of Work
They renovated my house bathroom. They are doing my rental property now.

01/10/2014

Elizabeth H.

They came out for the appointment and then had us come to the office to review the plans. We loved the plan, but currently are waiting on proceeding. Both Guy and his designer were wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
I used Guy Biggs Construction.

01/05/2014

Thomas M.

Very low key sales pitch with no pressure.

Description of Work
This was the purchase of a Big Deal regarding the remodel of our master bath. They came to our home, looked at what we wanted done, offered some suggestions and then several weeks later presented us with a drawing and price list. As of this date we have not made a decision as to whether or not we will proceed with the remodel.

10/31/2013

Barbara H.

They completely remodeled our kitchen and made it much more functional with all new cabinets, granite counter tops, back splash and a pantry, an island, much improved lighting and new plumbing and appliances. They also replaced all of the sheet rock on the wall and textured and painted the walls and ceiling as wells as put down new flooring and a new window. It is so much more functional and a true joy to be in. I have very severe allergies and lung problems and we were also taking care of two of our grandchildren, ages 1 -1/2 and 3 years of age. They draped the kitchen area off from the family room so the dust, etc was not able to cause me so much harm. They were very sensitive to all of our needs. They were very prompt each day in coming to work and were very courteous and helpful. They cleaned up daily before leaving, both inside and outside. They were very helpful in helping us choose design, cabinets, flooring, etc. In one of the bathrooms we had the shower removed to make more room and a larger sink with cabinet for storage and a larger toilet. There was dry rot in the flooring and they removed the flooring and repaired the problem with new floor and floor covering. The sheetrock was also replaced, textured and painted on all of the walls and light moved to a new location as well as a vent and fan and a new window. The other two bathrooms were remodeled as well but the one kept a bathtub and shower and the other one retained the shower and shower door. The windows were also replaced in those bathrooms. They stayed with the estimate costs except where we decided we wanted to upgrade. We are very pleased with the workmanship and they were very pleasant to have in our home. They were respectful and helpful and went above and beyond what I have heard some do. We felt like they were part of the family and in a strange kind of way actually missed them when they were no longer coming. They continue to check in on us and if we need them they are available for whatever our needs are. We do plan to have them do some more work for us soon.

Description of Work
Remodeled three bathrooms and the kitchen

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

10/28/2013

Saundra T.

They were always on time and there everyday. We were very very happy with the way they protected our home and kept the construction from they remodel messing up the rest of the house. I felt that they really listened to what I wanted and gave us suggestions about finishes that ended up looking beautiful. MY husband still says everyday how much he now loves our beautiful knew shower! Our bathrooms look like they belong in a model home.

Description of Work
Guy Biggs Kitchen and Bath remodeled our upstairs hall bath and our master bathroom.

10/27/2013

Shelley K.

Guy estimated that it would take about 4 weeks to complete the job, and in fact it did take 4 weeks. They completely removed everything from our kitchen, they had to re run the water lines since the refrigerator was being moved to a different location, they painted, put in up to code electrical outlets, installed LED lighting on dimer switches, installed granite countertops, new flooring, all new cabinetry with soft close drawers, pendent lighting over the island, basically every single thing was replaced. We did encounter a problem with the flooring and Guy had a flooring expert come to our home to correct the problem. We were completely satisfied with Guy and his crew and the job they did for us.

Description of Work
We hired Guys Biggs Construction to remodel our kitchen after meeting them at a local Home & Garden Show. Guy came to our home and offered several different plans for the remodel. Guy was honest about his prices and professional in every aspect of the entire project. He and his crew arrived on time each morning and worked on our kitchen every day until the job was complete. They completely gutted our kitchen and made it so much more functional, and beautiful too!

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

10/23/2013

K G.

They did excellent work from start to finish. There was pride and quality in their work and they always communicated with us and showed up on time every scheduled work day. Both bathrooms were completed within 5 weeks! We plan to use their services on a patio door replacement and next year with a kitchen remodel. Without reservation, we would recommend Guy Biggs Construction.

Description of Work
Renovated two bathrooms.