Thalen Painting

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2011

4300 Blake Dr

Modesto, CA 95356

Locally owned & operated. 20+ years experience. Family business. Also Serving other portions of California, Ask for Details.

02/20/2020

Ben M.

Arrived on time and did a really good job within a short time.

Description of Work
painted 2 rooms

01/19/2018

Julia S.

Fantastic. Herb and his crew did a great job, and even finished a day early! Very pleased. Yes, would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Entire interior of house painted in prep for selling house.

Category interior painters

It was a pleasure working with you [Member Name Removed], and I look forward to painting your new home!

12/05/2017

anne B.

we had various paint jobs around the house, and herb did a really nice job. he's also a very nice person.

Description of Work
various paint jobs

09/17/2017

Denise G.

Herb Thalen was very good to work with. He did a very good job in a timely manner both times I used his services.

Description of Work
I currently had my house trim, window shutters and front door painted. It made the rest of the house look like new again as well. This is my second time using Thalen Painting. The first time was about 18 months ago. He painted my living room and my bedroom. Both turned out great!

07/31/2017

Odessa M.

Never use him. He only wants to paint a house that doesn't need prepping. The paint was peeling and he didn't want to mess with it.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting package paint included

Category house painters

Your home was lead base. The special deal on line was just a wash and paint..no prep work and no scraping!

06/23/2017

Gary B.

They did great job. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting Services

06/22/2017

Jan N.

It was great! I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
The wood work on the front of our home needed some attention due to the hot sun beating on it all day long. Herb came over and did some repairing and painting, and it looked fantastic when he was finished! Great painter with great prices! I highly recommend him!

06/22/2017

Alida C.

He did a very good job and it worked out very well. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting Services

04/06/2017

Jan N.

Herb was excellent! He did a great job and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Painted the very large living room and dining area. Very high vaulted ceiling.

04/05/2017

Alicia B.

Herb responded very promptly and professionally. He listened well to my expectations and communicated clearly what he would deliver. It was translated to a written offer by the end of the day. He worked quickly and carefully to complete a job well done. I have already hired him again for a second job.

Description of Work
Exterior trim; facia, shutters, doors, metal yard gates.

03/22/2017

Jake S.

They were courteous and helpful in providing advice on materials to use on our project. The paint used was high quality and their pricing was very reasonable. They worked around our schedule and were not intrusive while working indoors. Great to work with

Description of Work
They painted two bedrooms and a bath

03/17/2017

jon S.

Overall the project went smoothly, the vendor was very receptive to change orders. Works with a small crew which took the project over a month to complete from baseboard to ceiling. Multiple walks were performed to address all remaining punchlist items. Overall it was a good experience with this vendor, be make communication is clear and concise of what the job fully entails.

Description of Work
Painted entire 18,000 sq ft health club

02/28/2017

Jeanette R.

Went well. Was punctual, neat, left things in good repair. While it wasn't a large room or many, we were very satisfied with the work done.

Description of Work
Painted the family room wall and fireplace. Several years ago had painted some things in a building we owned.

02/26/2017

Dena B.

Very professional- detailed oriented. We were very pleased with the job and would highly recommend - will definitely have back again

Description of Work
Prep and paint entire exterior house-

02/23/2017

Joanne P.

Painting was done in timely and neat fashion. The results were wonderful and much appreciated by us. Thalen Painting was very professional and courteous with reasonable pricing for job requested!

Description of Work
Painted the kitchen interior ...Painted front of the house exterior

02/23/2017

Krystal B.

We just recently purchased an older home and it was in need of a facelift. Herb Thalen did a wonderful job and finished our house quickly. He was very knowledgeable and more then willing to answer my questions. He even helped give me some insight on a color for my front door, since I was interested in a fun color! I definitely recommend Thalen Painting as they were very easy to work with and this was our first "major" home improvement.

Description of Work
Exterior of house

11/29/2016

donald B.

They were not very prompt. It took about a month to get out here. He said he was booked up, if he had called and let us know when they could have gotten here, it would have been better.

Description of Work
Exterior painting.

10/24/2016

Bill S.

He inspected job, gave a price, I accepted, and he never showed back up or called me to do the job

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

10/05/2016

Steve B.

They were painting never responded to my Angie's list message to ask for a estimate on the paint job of the house.

Description of Work
Never responded to a request for an estimate.

09/19/2016

ROBERT M.

The painters had to be called back to paint areas that had not been painted. Herb responded and took care of what needed to be completed.

Description of Work
Interior of a rental unit.

07/31/2016

Adele C.

Thalen Painting was among the six exterior painting companies that provided estimates for painting our house. Herb Thalen, the owner of the company, examined the house, explained our options, and pointed out items that needed attention. He was very knowledgeable and left me with the impression that Thalen Painting was an honest company that would do a good and thorough job. Although they did not get the job, I don't think you could go wrong with Thalen Painting.

Description of Work
Painting the exterior of our house.

07/12/2016

Linda V.

Herb is unreliable. For more than a month Herb strung me along leading me to think he would be able to make an appointment "next week", "next week"...... ". The first time I spoke with him, he told me he wanted me to get Sherwin-Williams paint. I told him I preferred Behr but he pushed back & I acquiesced & bought what he wanted. Now I'm stuck with paint I don't want & not sure how I'm going to get the room painted by my deadline of next week. I feel like a sucker for believing all his excuses. I imagine he has perfected these excuses over time.

Description of Work
Needed one interior room painted by a deadline which was more than one month out from the initial date of contact with Herb.

07/02/2016

Jason P.

Herb was very fast and the overall painting quality of the walls is good and even. But he didn't remove the outlet and light switch plates, didn't tape off the baseboards, or remove a cable line running along the wall. So now the cable is painted to the wall. This is frustrating, if I need to move that cable, I'm going to have to peel it out of the paint and it'll leave a noticeable weird mark along the wall.

Description of Work
Painted 1 interior room.

06/11/2016

David G.

Herb was great! House looks very good and a very reasonable price. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting.

05/19/2016

Denise G.

Exceptional work. Clean straight lines.

Description of Work
Mr. Thalen and staff meticulously painted my bedroom and living room twice. I hated the color I originally selected, but they did not hesitate to repaint it in a different color the same day. I was very satisfied! Excellent detail and clean up. Professional care in every area. I highly recommend this company.

Mighty Power Wash

We believe that your home or business should be a beacon in the community. We have 5+ years of experience and insured. So, we strive to make your pressure washing experience exceptional. We believe in putting the happiness of our customers first with every job and dedicate ourselves to make them happy. Our services consist of pressure wash and soft your residence, commercial, and fleet properties. This includes roofs, concrete, sidings, stucco, windows, solar panels, semi-truck trailers, and more. We are an eco-friendly company and use the most state-of-the-art equipment. For our solar panels, windows, and fleet we use deionized water to prevent hard water build up. We offer free consultations and we're here to answer and questions.

2022 Super Service Award

Outdoor Tidy Up Team

Outdoor Tidy Up Team (O.T.T.) is committed to providing excellent customer service. We provide concrete cleaning services, window cleaning services, and gutter/solar panel cleaning services. We also accept special requests which are accepted on a case by case basis. O.T.T. does everything but landscaping. Please fill out a quote request if you are ready and we will be happy to get you on the schedule today!

2022 Super Service Award

Best Buds Powerwashing, INC.

We perform All Pressure Washing tasks! -Exterior Housing Wash -Roof Cleaning -Gutter Cleaning -Driveway Cleaning -Vehicle & Equipment Cleaning

Visa, Check, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Residential & Commercial Exterior & Interior Painting, Trim, Ceilings, Pressure Washing, Drywall, Special Finishes & Faux Finishing