Wise Co Electric Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2006

1750 Prairie City Rd Ste 130 Pmb 175

Folsom, CA 95630

Owner-operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. No extra charge for after hours service. Do not contact through email

01/18/2017

David H.

Great. I have used Wise Co Electric in the past, and will continue to use them for any electrical work I need done.

Description of Work
Multiple small projects for house we just moved into, including: ceiling fan installation, security light installation, outlet rewiring, light switch installation, smoke detector installation, etc.

09/13/2016

Margaret A.

Byron of WiseCo Electric came to my rescue even with short notice. He is outstanding! As soon as he arrived, he immediately identified the problem with the mal-functioning circuits in the garage and kitchen. I am so impressed with his attention to detail, intelligence, skill and ability to handle so many different electrical tasks. Furthermore, he was prompt, articulate in his explanation about all that was involved and very congenial. WiseCo Electric will always be my first choice for anything electrical. We are so fortunate to have such a talented electrician in this area. Margaret A. Shingle Springs, CA 95682

Description of Work
Electrical outlets in the garage and kitchen were not functioning.

12/24/2015

Jim L.

A little pricey, but well worth the cost. Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Rewired the a light in the kitchen nook area.

11/05/2015

David H.

This is the second time Byron has performed work for me. He did a fantastic job both times. He arrived promptly. He installed a network switch and did some wiring work in support of that. He also installed 5 light switches that can be controlled by a home automation system. Everything went perfectly. I will hire him again the next time I need an electrician.

Description of Work
Installed network switch and several light switches (and related work).

Category electrician, lighting, home automation

07/23/2015

Sac T.

So it has taken me over a year to get around to writing this review. Byron Wise and I agreed over the phone for the installation of two ceiling fans for $225.00. In advance, I warned Byron over the phone before he gave me that price that it was an older home (1945) so issues might pop up which is why I was hiring an electrician to do the work and not a handyman. During the installation, Byron was unable to attach the fan mount to the electrical box or to surrounding joists in the family room. Byron informed me that he was going to need 4 inch screws and that I could run to the hardware store to get them for him or the price of the job would have to change. Therefore, I left Bryon alone at my house and loaded my 6 month old child into the car to run to the hardware store to pick up the screws for him while he installed the other fan in the office. Byron was aware that I was at home alone with my son when he made that proposal to me. In retrospect, I probably should have just paid more or called off the work. Additionally, my wife was upset that I had left a stranger alone in our home when I told her about it. At the hardware store I was informed that there are not four inch screws, and I finally ended up at Home Depot where I purchased four inch lag bolts. The fan in the family room was successfully installed with the two lag bolts.

Description of Work
Installed two ceiling fans.

06/18/2015

Christiana D.

Byron was wonderful and we'd recommend him to anyone. His bid was the most detailed and reasonable of several we received and he came well-recommended. Our house presented him no end of challenges, but he still completed his work well and on schedule. And we did our best to annoy him to death with many tweaks, changes, and upgrades along the way, too. He was very good about explaining the process to us and letting us know what additional things would cost. We ended up exceeding the initial bid, but that was entirely because of changes we made (scope creep!) not because of overruns on his part. He was very professional and enjoyable to work with. We already know we'll have him back for several projects in the future.

Description of Work
Complete re-wire and panel upgrade at our older home. Added outlets and cable outlets where necessary. Exterior lights, etc.

06/11/2015

William E.

They were excellent. What makes them a great company is their knowledge, ability, service, troubleshooting, all around. I'm going to use them for more work.

Description of Work
For electricians, I use Wise Co Electric for troubleshooting electrical circuits, putting in additional wiring and repairing electrical.

04/06/2015

teresa F.

See above. Unresponsive. No quote given.

Description of Work
Initial contact timely. Was a little late for appointment, on 4/1/15, but kept in contact. No problem. Gave list of work I wanted done. He inspected and provided his opinion regarding best course of action. Very knowledgeable. Did not give estimate. Advised h would email the estimate. When nothing had been received by 4/5/2015, I sent text asking when I could expect to receive his estimate. No response thus far.

03/22/2015

ronald D.

Byron estimated and did the work himself. He was on time for both the estimate and job. I work in the trades so I recognized he is very knowledgeable. When he discovered our existing recessed lighting holes were larger than what we were planning to install, he researched available products and came up with a quality solution. I believe a lot of other contractors would not have gone to this trouble and would have done a slipshod (to put it nicely) job. He also discovered a large hidden area of our attic that was not insulated. He took photos that we brought to the builder and they corrected it. He was friendly,hardworking, and professional. He put covers down and cleaned up after he was finished. We would hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed 18 edison fixtures/cans to replace existing fluorescent cans. Installed ceiling fan box and brace and ceiling fan with remote.

11/26/2014

Kristin C.

Byron is extremely professional, personable and knowledgeable. Our upstairs light boxes were not easy to install due to the fact that there is no attic access. Despite this, he did great work, and we would definitely use him again in the future. We highly recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
Installed 4 light boxes in kitchen, dining room and two upstairs bedroom ceilings. Installed outlet in garage.

11/21/2014

Kathy C.

It took two visits to resolve the issues and complete the installation. Byron returned calls promptly, was on-time, courteous and professional. The work was done well and area cleaned up at the end of the work. I would highly recommend him for any electrical work you need inside or outside your home or business.

Description of Work
Resolved problem with 2 outside lights that were not working, installed 2 motion sensor lights and a timer for lights.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

11/13/2014

Laurie J.

Byron seemed pleasant and professional when I first interviewed him. That's as good as it got. To start, be blew off the e-mail from me asking him for his knowledge about can lights. When the day came for him to install them he brought some cans from Home Depot. I explained to him I was looking for higher quality as I had said in the e-mail I had sent hime two weeks prior items I was looking for his opinion on. Well, I was finally going to get that long awaited opinion. His response was, " It's only a closet. Who cares?" I looked around at my boutique closet that cost $25,000. It's pretty obvious, I care. And really, shouldn't he as well? I find it pretty ironic that an electrician would dismiss quality and choice in lighting as insignificant. Bizarre. Oh, did I mention he was two hours late? An appointment set to his convenience. I don't do 8:00 am on a Saturday but that's what he said worked best for him. He showed up after 10:00. No phone call to explain. Not expecting that kind of rudeness I had another appointment scheduled for wouldn't you know, 10:00 am and now I've got a Geek Squad tech I've waited a over a week for on hold in my home while I worked with Byron. Now that guy is ticked off. Real nice. And get this, while I looked to Byron to consider what the best location for the flushmount was, he huffed annoyed, " Ya know, I got to get this going, I've got a bigger job I'm late for." Wow, that's some nerve!! Okay, there is more but it's lengthy and I think you get the picture. I didn't have him come back to finish the job and I wouldn't recommend.

Description of Work
Needed a bit of electrical done in our newly upgraded master closet. The work would cover wiring for three cans, a dozen puck lights, one sconce, and a flushmount as well as a couple of dimmers to control them by.

10/10/2014

Stan S.

First he came to look at what we planned to and look at the materails that we purchased. We discussed the process, ideas of other ways to install them and explained the whys. Gave some great ideas by the way that we would not have though of on our own. Told me how long it would take, cost and how much drywall would be cut. Very professional, nice guy and did excellent work. Would use him again in the futurre.

Description of Work
My wife purchased six recess lights and two hanging lights for over our Kitchen Iland

09/17/2014

Linda L W.

He found the problem quickly and determined that the outlet had failed because the area it is in is moist. He installed a new outlet/box to cover it and drilled holes in the box to allow for water drainage. We both agreed this fix may or may not work "forever" but it was the best he could do in an area that is moist.

Description of Work
Changed out a broken electrical outlet on the outside of my house.

09/14/2014

Brad E.

I contacted company to see if they could come out to provide an estimate. Byron asked to see a copy of the home inspection report before coming out, which I did not think was necessary because the job seemed pretty straightforward but I did anyway. It took several days for me to hear back from him and I had to follow up with him. He eventually got back to me and arranged on very short notice to come out to do a walk through in order to provide an estimate. I thought given that I had provided the report which contained pictures and descriptions of all the electrical systems and issues that a walk through was not necessary but I coorperated with his request. I had to rearrange our household schedule to have someone be here for the walk through. He came out and made several cryptic comments about what he saw ("That's a problem", etc.) and said he would provide an estimate. I never heard back from him.

Description of Work
I wanted to have some minor electrical issues that were noted in home recent home inspection addressed: replace regular outlets in kitchen/wet bar with GFCI outlets, fix a couple of outlets that were reversed polarity, decommission electric to an outdoor shed, and install a new GFCI outlet in the master bath.

09/09/2014

Preben B.

The provider installed a ceiling lamp we had brought from Europe and despite the fact that the lamp did not fit the US system he made it work. Also the ceiling fan took special skills to bring in place because of poor access to an electrical outlet but also there he came up with a way to take care of the problem. After finishing his work he was kind enough to take our old lamps with him. We had a very pleasant Saturday morning in his company.

Description of Work
The provider installed a new ceiling fan and two new ceiling lamps

09/03/2014

Ambo L.

Initially left a message on 8/31. Did not receive a return call, so tried again on 9/2. This time, however, their voice mail service would not record my message. It continued to state something like "We didn't get your message." and then put me back into the message loop. I'd suggest that they switch voice mail services or try answering their calls. I would never hire a company that can't take a few minutes to answer or return a call.

Description of Work
Never returned a phone call.

06/27/2014

Linda P.

Byron installed the interior cables necessary for Comcast to provide service to our home. Several of the rooms were tricky to manage, but Byron managed to place each TV exactly where we wanted it, with no cables or wiring showing, by running the cables through the attic and inside the walls. Byron was on time, responsive, and did meticulous work. We are new to the area and feel fortunate to have found such a competent, likable electrician. We are remodeling our home and will continue to use Wise Co Electric.

Description of Work
Byron ran cables throughout the house to set us up for TV service with Comcast.

Category electrician, cable tv service

05/11/2014

Margo L.

Description of Work
We had someone from Wise Co. Electric come over to look at doing a lot of new wiring for a kitchen remodel. This was a few months ago so I don't remember his name. He was on time and was very quick. However he took one look at our kitchen and fuse box and told us that his quote would be way out of our price range. Firstly, I though that was very rude since I didn't tell him what our price range was. Secondly, the cost to get all the work done by another provider was just around $1,000 to have everything grounded and all of the outlets and wiring replaced.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

I appreciate all customer reviews, even those that reveal how I might improve, however I think that in this case there was a misunderstanding. I can't recall the conversation exactly, because my calendar shows I actually looked at this job in August of 2013. However, I can't imagine ever saying something that rude to a customer - it's just not how I conduct myself. I do often try to offer customers advice on less-expensive options, without regard to whether they could afford to pay more; I just always try to offer the best value possible and help others save money. Perhaps my intent was misconstrued, and for that I'm sorry. As my many reviews show, I always treat my customers with respect and courtesy. I hope for another opportunity to prove this to [member name remove]

04/30/2014

James H.

Called to schedule for an estimate. Electrician was busy with another job and would get back to me when he was free the next day. He said he would call for my address and to set a time. He was very helpful and friendly however I found another party to do the work and cancelled our appointment.

Description of Work
We were remodeling our kitchen and needed to move some of the electrical and add cabinet lighting.

01/28/2014

maureen R.

On time - price was as stated in the estimate - friendly - would recommend!

Description of Work
Replace fan

01/14/2014

Garth T.

Mr. Wise answered the first time I called, gave me a rough estimate over the phone, which was several hundred less than a different electrician estimated, and scheduled an appointment for a few days later. The estimate did not increase when he saw the job nor when he ran into challenges in relocating the panel. He completed half the work one day and came back to finish the job. He had a custom sheet metal cover made to cover the old panel and ran all the wiring to the new panel through the wall, creating a very clean look. I noticed that he sealed all the penetrations with expanding foam to keep drafts and rodents out, a nice touch. He really earned my future business when he made a last minute appointment come out on Christmas Eve and hook up my hot tub, which I had just finally moved into place. Byron is a good communicator, professional, knowledgeable and seems to do sound electrical work (we passed county inspection). His pricing was lower than other estimates on both jobs he did for me. He will be my go-to electrician from now on.

Description of Work
Replaced and relocated electrical panel. Connected hot tub to power supply.

12/31/2013

Carolyn D.

Byron kept in touch leading up to the install date, handled the building permit, and showed up right on schedule. He ran new 1-inch conduit through a storeroom and along the outside wall of the house to the former meter location. The existing box then became a junction box for connecting to the circuits in the house. He installed a new ground rod and made sure everything was up to the latest electrical code. From the beginning, Byron listened to my concerns about aesthetics and desire to make the new conduit look as unobtrusive and professional as possible. He succeeded in this by tucking the conduit as high up under the roof eves as possible. We painted it the same color as the house and it just about disappears from view. We also now enjoy not having utility wires coming across the middle of our backyard -- a major improvement. I have no hesitation at all recommending Byron Wise for electrical work. He is also a fount of knowledge and contacts for other trades.

Description of Work
Byron installed a new electrical panel at my house in Tallac Village. This involved relocating the original service entrance from the middle of the back house wall to the corner of the structure. A new "combo" box was installed, which includes a meter base and circuit breakers, all in one box. The result is that we now have higher 125A capacity and room for additional circuits in the future.

12/03/2013

Jim W.

Byron did a great job. Prompt, professional, high quality work, reasonable price. Def recommend

Description of Work
Bath fan install, chandelier install, ceiling fan work, etc.

11/18/2013

Cynthia R.

Byron tracked down the cause of our electrical problem which turned out to be from an unusual cause related to a manufacturer's defect in a part of our electrical panel. He replaced the damaged breaker and bypassed the cause of the problem by relocating the breaker to a new position on the panel. He was helpful and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and was diligent in tracking down the cause of our problem.

Description of Work
Found the cause of our blinking lights and did the necessary repairs.