Amsterdam Woodworks

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2009

1128 Sibley St Ste J

Folsom, CA 95630

We are based out of the beautiful town of Folsom, located in northern California. Our stream line specialty is custom built kitchens, however, we also specialize in the design and custom creations of all woodwork related services including but not limited to closets, entertainment centers, offices, furniture, and crown molding. Our master engineer and designer hand crafts and installs every piece of wood used in every job we commit to. All of our designs are one of a kind creations which are molded to our individual clients’ requests and specifications. We are here not only to provide creativity and imagination, but to fulfill the personal imagination of our clients. Additional web - www.amsterdamwoodworks.com. Award winning....

cabinet makers (87)woodworking (30)home remodeling (15)cabinet refacing (6)countertop installation (3)closet design (2)door installation (1)professional organizers (1)glass repair (1)

11/16/2021

Jim G.

Extremely well. Arno is very professional and does high quality work. We are very happy with our new kitchen cabinets and island.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Review for Amsterdam Woodworks - 1128 Sibley St, Folsom, CA - 39544710

10/31/2021

Craig G.

Working with Arno at Amsterdam Woodworks has been an amazing experience. Both my wife and are very creative, skilled in many aspects of construction and remodeling and consider ourselves to be obsessive perfectionists. Because of that, we take on many aspects of our projects ourselves but cabinet making is not something we would tackle. So when it was time to partner with someone that was equally obsessed with perfection, we were so lucky to have found Amsterdam Woodworks... and Arno has not disappointed. The craftsmanship and quality of the cabinetry is amazing. We had our choice of wood species and we ended up with a customized stain on alder that tied the cabinetry into our floors and other major furnishings. Arno provided multiple iterations of stain samples on large pieces of wood for us to review together with our furnishings, counters and lighting before we made a final selection. And now that we know what the stain recipe is, we can have it recreated if we need additional cabinets or do touch-up. Our project included a rather large and odd-shaped peninsula. This was a complicated piece with multiple non-standard angles leaving the potential for wasted space. Arno was able to make all areas accessible and functional. The installation has gone extremely well and Arno was always there when he needed to be. And the integration with other trades was smooth. Arno initially installed the cabinet boxes without drawers and doors to ensure that other trades wouldn't damage them in the process of them doing their work. I can't tell you how many times we've had plumbers, electricians, sheet-rockers and flooring trades damage cabinetry by being careless. This was simply brilliant! When our project started, we met with multiple cabinet makers. The scope included the entire kitchen plus custom cabinetry in our dining room. None of others were as attentive as Amsterdam Woodworks in making sure they understood what we wanted and making sure their proposals reflected it. Although Amsterdam Woodworks wasn't the lowest cost, they were by far the best value by a wide margin. We were not change-ordered to death on small tweaks and minor changes we made during the process. And the best part is we had Arno's full attention throughout. Beyond his amazing craftsmanship, Arno has been wonderful to work with. At no time have we ever felt it was an imposition to contact him whenever we needed to. He always has a positive outlook and truly enjoys his work ... and it shows.

Description of Work
Cabinet making for a complete kitchen remodel plus cabinetry in our dining room.

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

10/29/2021

Jeffrey P.

Very well. Looks like a new kitchen as we had a leaking water pipe under the sink that had caused mold and water damage

Description of Work
New cabinets in kitchen

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

10/28/2021

Leslie H.

Arno went above and beyond he walked me through step by step and helped with his input and expertise when we were unsure of style versus durability. His finish work was by far better than I could have ever imagined when compared to a friend who was having similar work done at their home. I would recommend Arno at Amsterdam Woodworks to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen and pantry cabinets

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

10/22/2021

Jason A.

Arno is by far the best cabinet maker I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I am a general contractor who has reached out to Arno for the last 10+ years when a job needs quality cabinets. His cabinets are always flawless and have a look of true craftsmanship that I have not seen from other cabinet makers. I strongly suggest Amsterdam woodworks for any cabinet job that you want to look perfect and to live up to your expectations.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath cabinets

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

10/31/2020

Ann F.

Arno is a consummate professional! I was at a disadvantage as my permanent residence was a 5hr drive from the location of our new home. Arno met with me at the new residence early in the process of construction, he was very generous with his time and very attentive to my vision for organization and utilizing the cabinetry space to its maximum potential. Soon I had drawings with full layout and dimensions to review, he absolutely nailed it without me having to travel back and forth, as I had anticipated. I'm a perfectionist and apprehensive to trust. I had heard about Arno from a friend of my daughters and she was very impressed with the cabinets he had built for her. I now know why.....not only are the cabinets beautifully finished on the inside but the painting job is exquisite and will last me a lifetime.

Description of Work
Whole house cabinetry, large gourmet kitchen, 3 bathrooms, and laundry room.

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Rochelle M.

We met Arno at a Home Show in Sacramento right after we had purchased a "Fixer Upper". We were so impressed with his workmanship that as we planned our remodel, we then had Amsterdam Cabinets build custom cabinets for our entire home. They are Beautiful! He's the Best!!

Description of Work
Custom Cabinetry: Kitchen, x3 Bathrooms, Laundry Room, Family Room and Dining Room.

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

Tom D.

Excellent. Cabinet was built exactly to our specifications. The fit and finish were perfect. Arno was great to work with, he was always available and responsive to questions.

Description of Work
Build and installed a 6' long bathroom cabinet

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

Charlie G.

This was a very easy and efficient process. Great to work with Arno and would do it again. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Arno built our complete set of kitchen cabnets

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

10/31/2019

Jason A.

Arno is truly the best cabinet maker I have had the pleasure of working with through all my jobs. As a general contractor the cabinetry is so important to show the quality of the total job performed. Amsterdam woodworks always brings a smile to my face when I see their cabinets show up to the job because I know there will be no flaws and no excuses just a perfect cabinet the way that we wanted it.

Description of Work
Cabinet making

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

Custom built kitchens, bathroom vanities, entertainment centers, offices, furniture..

Handyman-type jobs.