If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Fort Defiance, AZ
There are 1 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Structural Engineers in Fort Defiance
- Business Description:The only ICRI Certified company in the state of Arizona! If your home has cracks in floors or walls, or has windows and doors out of alignment, call today for a comprehensive foundation inspection. Phoenix residents please call 6026394815. Tuscon residents please call (520) 812-6989. Additional DBA - Arizona Repair Masons Inc. *Online quotes are unavailable and an initial consultation must take place in order to examine the extent of the foundation problem.* For more information on foundation..Recent Review:I contracted with this company to repair my swimming pool and the foundation of my home 11/30/18. At this point, I have to give the company a C- (at best) for their performance. I could probably write several pages about the experience, but I will try to confine myself to the main points. On the plus side, they did perform the work I contracted for (cost $34,000), with one exception. The contract calls for a follow-up floor survey which was completed 11/24/20. To date (01/20/21), I am still waiting for the survey report. The expression, “take the money and run” comes to mind. This review will cover some of the things to consider when contracting with this company. The process will begin with the floor survey and repair report (cost $400). The sales agent will review the report with you and recommend a contract for the repairs. Mistake one. They offer a 5% discount if you sign the contract immediately. However, given it takes at least an hour to review the repair report, it would take another hour to review the massive number of “outs” written in the contract. Skip the discount so you know what you are getting into. For example, the foundation repair involved moving the flagstone on my patio. I had to pay another company to re-install the flagstone; not included in the contract. Mistake two. Most foundation problems are due to drainage; water pooling by the home. The repair report identified drainage problems, but they were not discussed, and the needed “hardscaping” to correct the problem was not included in the contract. My advice is to correct any drainage problem, then consider whether you still need a foundation repair. Mistake three. The repair plan allows the company to “adjust” the repair plan based on “site conditions”. They had to move the placement of the repair (poles driven into the ground, called push piers) because I have an air conditioner located where they planned to place the pier. Walk around the outside of your home and verify WHERE the piers will be placed, before signing the contract. Once you sign the contract, it is next to impossible (at least in my case) to get anyone to further discuss the repair plan. Mistake three. The pool repair was not performed by this company; it was subcontracted to another company, with no warranty. Better to simply find a pool repair company. The subcontractor would refer me back to AFS if I had a question about the pool repair, and good luck getting an answer from AFS. Mistake four. There ARE other companies that perform this workRAY L.
- Business Description:Arizona Foundation Solutions of Tucson has served the Greater Tucson & Statewide area, providing long-term solutions for structures with foundation problems. No two structures are alike, which is why we take the time to thoroughly assess your problem to determine the best solution for your foundation or concrete slab. Our specialists are certified to install our proven systems and our employees receive on-going training and resources to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and procedure..Recent Review:Made a special trip to AZ (after waiting months) for AFS to trash my yard. They quit after the digging. First we were told that the crew "couldn't work three weekends in a row" and then that they "needed another tool." The earliest they could schedule to finish was after taking a 10 day break. They refused to bump other scheduled projects or offer me any sort of discount (or even an apology) for their screw up, and the extra cost to me. The project manager Kieth just chuckled at my frustration. Terrible businessKristen B.
- Business Description:Butler Developments, LLC - LEADING THE WAY IN QUALITY CONSTRUCTION. Specializing in Custom Home Building and Commercial Services; new builds, renovations to existing buildings, remodeling all aspects of buildings, painting, roofing, concrete, etc... No job is too small or too big for Team Butler! We are a locally owned and operated company with highly trained professionalsRecent Review:unknownMark O.
- Business Description:Metal X is a Southern California Company comprised of the very best, talented iron workers. We are highly trained and are experts in the use of architectural metals at all levels. We have a total of 20 hard working genuine Metal X employees. Financing, subcontracting, and special promotions are all available. Metal X has a 30 day net billing procedure. Here in Southern California we work with very large development Corps and General Contractors in and around Southern California.. We can do an..
- Business Description:2012 Maricopa Business of the Year. Arizona's premier home inspection company. Thermal imaging certified, no extra charges for pools. Statewide service. We schedule termite Inspections as part of our Inspections. A Rated BBB. 6 month warranty included with every inspection. 7 day per week service. www.arizonainspections.com Office 520-208-259Recent Review:I chose them because the pitch man convinced me they were the best and they were $260 while others I called were $300 and adding termite inspection was $325 and his was included in the $260. On Monday morning at 8am of the planned inspection day, we found the 'current' owner had not turned the electricity on thus, the inspection could not take place. We were emailed the bill would be an additional $65 for the trip charge as it was a good 100 miles round trip and our error, not theirs. I felt bad so I accepted the additional charge. There went my saving a buck. Next we were emailed a new appointment day, Thursday at 11am. The inspector arrived Thursday at 8am. Needless to say, it confused my whole day arriving three hours early. The inspector really did a good job, explaining everything to me so that I understood. Then he presented me with a $325 bill that we had agreed on and I paid. It being early in the morning I wasn't thinking clearly but later I called the business office and said - "Since we have an email stating 11am and the inspector showed up at 8am, your mistake, so I should get my $65 back from the trip charge when it was our mistake." The business office wanted nothing to do with that idea. The $65 was for the extra time and mileage, she said. What about the disruption to my schedule showing up at the wrong time. It didn't matter. Every other time I spoke with the woman in the office she was very kind but suddenly she wasn't any more. Because they strictly wouldn't change the bill when it was their fault and because they are so far away, I will not use this company again. <br /Jan O.
- Business Description:RLF has a commitment to provide exceptional customer service and produce top quality land survey and mapping products for our clients through a combination of experience, innovation, technology and communication
- Business Description:Small Architectural Design Firm in business since 2000. Extensive experience in Custom Home Design, Garages and Additions, Multi-Family, Commercial and More. Although we are a small firm, we can handle any project you have. “Saving you money through better design.Recent Review:Shannon was excellent. Responsive, intuitive, knowledgeable and professional. Best of all, his final drawings. Sailed through permit process without a single hitch. Very well done!Andrea C.
- Business Description:AZ Sign and Graphics, Inc. has been in business since 1984. We specialize in business-to-business commercial signage including design, manufacture, installation, service, surveys and permits. Our product line includes awnings, banners, magnetics, cabinets, channel letters, electronic digital displays, sign painting, vinyl graphics, vehicle/fleet decoration, and monument, pylon and billboard signs. Our crew has several years experience with fluorescent, neon, incandescent and LED signs. Al..
- Business Description:Custom Home Designs, Also includes Additions Remodels and Accessory Buildings ( Detached Garages, Pool Houses, Gazebos )
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Removing a load-bearing wall can brighten up a room, make it larger, and create an open floor plan. But whether you hire a local pro or try to tackle the job yourself, learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you only break the wall, not your budge
Structural engineer costs may seem daunting when you start a new project. This guide will break down how much to expect when dreaming up a new renovation.
Find structural engineers in
- Window Rock
- Fort Defiance
- Fort Wingate
- Church Rock
- Continental Divide
- Low Mountain
- Black Rock
structural engineers in Fort Defiance
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Butler Developments, LLCPO Box 3030
Show Low, Arizona
- Butler Developments, LLC
- DAF Drafting and Design15082 N. 59th Ave. #154
- DAF Drafting and Design
- Metal X Direct1304 Logan Ave
Costa Mesa, California
- Metal X Direct
- National Property Inspections42563 W Sunland Dr
- National Property Inspections
- RLF Consulting2165 W Pecos Rd
- RLF Consulting