Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2012

Thomas & Galbraith is the most comprehensive, client-focused home service company in the Cincinnati area. Our process-driven team of experts is connected through a commitment to excellence, and a passion for serving others. We earn trust by educating on options, working in the best interest of every client, and backing up everything we do – in writing. Our goal is to exceed your expectations to provide a true comfort experience that feels right, because you know it’s right.

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Amenities

All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Kevin W.
01/18/2023
We just had a 14-year-old water heater start to leak. We were happy it lasted that long, but we needed a replacement. We called several plumbers to come and give us estimates. Thomas & Galbraith arrived on time as hoped. Their plumber proceeded to test the water pressure in the home and said that the pressure was nearly 120 psi (a picture he sent us is attached. He actually sent 4 pictures of that gauge, and pictures don't lie) which could have been contributory to the water heater failure. He said it would be a "disservice" to install a new heater without cutting into the walls to also install a regulator. We said, "This is odd. Another plumber (he was unaware) was here an hour ago and said that our water pressure was fine, at 75 psi." The Thomas & Galbraith plumber started reaching, and said that my wife must have had the washer running earlier that morning (she hadn't), the first plumber must have used inferior equipment, or the first plumber let his gauge freeze. Or, he explained, the first plumber could have stolen our regulator while we weren't looking. Things weren't adding up. I went to Home Depot that night and bought a pressure gauge. In case you were wondering, the pressure reading was 75 psi. I was hoping that we would be an outlier, but after looking at these reviews, I saw another customer had the exact same experience (picture attached.) PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS with this company, especially if you don't have a good versing on home mechanics, are a senior, or are otherwise a vulnerable customer. I have pictures, but there is not a place to post on Angi.
Description of Work
Water heater replacement
Anne K.
10/21/2022
Had a tech to our house yesterday to perform regular maintenance on our heating system. Our heating system is a gas boiler which I'll admit is abit unusual, but they have worked here before so I didn't have concerns. Tech arrived and did not seem like he was familiar with the type of system we had. I made it very clear when I scheduled the appointment that it was a boiler. Tech did his piece and everyone left the house. We did not arrive home until later in the evening. When we walked in the front door, the smell of natural gas was overwhelming. We immediately called Duke who helped us identify two spots on the boiler that were leaking. One was a loose valve and the other was a connection to the piolet light. You could clearly see where the tech earlier that day had used the wrong tool to try and tighten the connection and had ruined it. Duke helped us secure everything and we packed the family up to travel across town to stay with friends. Next morning I called Thomas and Galbraith hoping to speak with a manager. I was told that an email would need to be sent to management team and someone would reach out to me. Nobody ever called. I also requested that a tech be sent back so that we could get our heat that day on since we have young child and pets. To give them credit they did send a senior tech back who did a wonderful job. He has been here before and knew exactly what he was doing. Overall disappointed in this company for leaving a job with a gas leak and for management failing to call me back. I am not looking forward to what our next energy bill will be due to this error. I am thankful this situation did not turn into something more serious. We will only be using them for our AC units in the summer as they are under warranty with them and we don't have a choice.
Description of Work
Maintenance check on furnace that was covered by a service plan we bought
heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are very sorry to hear this. The service manager will be in contact with you.
Robert & Quanatin T.
11/17/2021
They did a great job. We were using them for years before and they helped us use the system as long as we could. They are always nice and responsive, They also left us many times with good information and we would highly recommend them.
Description of Work
They installed a HVAC system and a water heater.
Category
heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for allowing us to continue to earn your trust. Tina - Client Assurance Manager
James O.
09/17/2021
I dont have any problem They did a great job
Description of Work
Faucets, Fixtures and Pipes

We appreciate you posting a review! Tina - Client Assurance Manager
DIANE C.
11/06/2020
It was good, average, professional and friendly.
Description of Work
They did plumbing work.

Thank you!
Mary S.
07/27/2020
They have a 15 year warranty on parts and labor. They are excellent and I would highly recommend them.
Description of Work
They put in a new HVAC system. They have serviced it every 6 months as well.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

You're amazing, [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for sharing and being a part of the T&G family! We will always be here for you. Don't forget to let the office know when you do refer friends and family members!!!
Melody K.
03/13/2020
I had a maintenance contract with them and They come twice a year. I was very happy with the service. The technician was competent, professional, and friendly. I would recommend them.
Description of Work
They did the heating ventilation and air conditioning.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the kind review! We will make sure to pass along your feedback to our team!
DIANE C.
12/03/2019
They did a great job and are very professional. I would recommend them and I will use them again.
Description of Work
They installed my furnace and humidifier . They service it as well.

Michael H.
06/23/2019
Called T&G on a Saturday morning and the service tech came out the same day. Those are the only positives I can provide. To give more detail here are the specs of the water heater which was 15 years old: AO Smith Power Shot, Model #: FPSH 50 270 White Rodgers Gas Valve I explained to the service tech that the water heater was short cycling a handful times before going into vacation mode. He observed the same thing and claimed the gas valve was bad and could replace it for $1500 by the middle of the following week since it was a part he had to order. The other option was to come back on Monday and install a new 50 gallon water heater with a power vent for ~$2500. He gave me a rather pushy sales pitch about his time slots filling up before I declined both options paid the $141 for a service call fee plus an emergency service fee and decided to install a new 50 gallon water heater from Lowe's for $1000 since as I mentioned the water heater was 15 years old. After some google searches it seems like the issue could have been fixed by sanding the flame sensor. Be careful using this company. It seems they severely lack troubleshooting skills or only want to install new water heaters. Additional review: Nathan from T&G reached out to me on 6/24 and offered his apologies and a full refund. Based on this gesture I would use them in the future.
Description of Work
No Hot Water From Water Heater
water heater repair

I'm glad we were able to work together and resolve this matter, [Member Name Removed]. We did refund the $141 back to the card on file.
Lorraine S.
04/09/2019
They were on time, They were very courteous, cleaned up afterwards and I don't have any complaint after all.
Description of Work
A chip heating on the furnace.

Joe L.
01/09/2019
Serviceman gave me 4 verbal estimates for everything from fixing the leak to major overall repairs of things that weren't broken. Charged far too much for the work he did.
Description of Work
A leak by the supply line to a toilet.
plumbing

I am very sorry to learn you weren't pleased with the service, [Member Name Removed]. Please call Nathan, Client Assurance Manager, at 513-445-5995. He can help resolve this matter.
Joe L.
01/09/2019
Proceed with caution if you call Thomas & Galbraith for plumbing service. I called them because the water line to a toilet was leaking. On Monday, December 3rd, a plumber came to the house. He quickly looked at the problem area. Instead of immediately fixing the problem, however, he went into the basement and looked at the pipes. He then had me show him where our master shutoff valve is and then went outside and checked the water pressure at the outside faucet. Having completed all of this, he told me our water pressure is too high and proceeded to verbally present me with four options. The first option called for $3,742 in repairs. The second option was $1,500. The third, which he said was to fix the current problem was $598. The final option was to pay the service charge for the visit and he would leave without fixing the leak All of these were presented verbally. I felt I had to have the leak fixed so, despite what I felt was an outrageous cost, I authorized the repair. The work was completed quickly and appears to be done well. The plumber said he would send the estimates and the bill to me via email. That didn’t happen. I emailed T & G and they promptly sent me the four quotes. That’s when I saw that in addition to charges for repairing the leak, the plumber had added a two-year maintenance agreement. This was never disclosed or discussed and certainly wouldn’t have been approved. I complained to the company and the cost was promptly refunded. Thank you. This made the cost of repairing the leak $410; still a lot but obviously much better. The plumber is likely correct about the desirability of some of the repairs. However, he used scare tactics to try to get me to approve over $3,000 worth of work when all we wanted was repair of a leaky toilet. If considering T & G, proceed with caution.
Description of Work
Repair a leaky water line from the wall to the toilet.
plumbing

I am very sorry to learn you weren't pleased with the service. Please call Nathan, Client Assurance Manager, at 513-445-5995. He can help resolve this matter.
Jane & Mitch C.
09/27/2018
They were dealing with a very disgruntled customer based on a previous company's work that they inherited when they bought the company, gave us a very nice discount on our new system, did a great job installing it and explaining everything along the way. It only took two days for two workers to complete the job. I will highly recommend and use them, again.
Description of Work
Installed New Furnace and A/C Unit

Chris H.
07/07/2018
They are trustworthy and did a great job. I would recommend to anyone.
Description of Work
Replaced HVAC and serviced AC
Chris H.
07/07/2018
Do not recommend. Missed repair needed causing furnace to be out for three days in middle of January! Horrible. Not about service or customers at all!!
Description of Work
After routine service on furnace there was no mention of heating coil having wear or potentially failing. Three months later it was leaking significant amounts of raw gas and carbon monoxide. I had to have an emergency replacement on the coldest days in winter. 3days with no heat!!!
Jason W.
06/13/2018
The crew did a great job. It took them all day but the system works flawlessly and looks great!
Description of Work
Replace heat pump
WAYNE S.
03/27/2018
I had no heat and my 20 year old furnace and air conditioner needed to be replaced. I called (4) vendors to quote a new furnace and air conditioner. We chose Mark Wilson's quote at T. & G for quality of American Standard Equipment and 15 yr. parts & Labor Warranty. The next day workers Cody and Jordon worked tirelessly inside and outside in the snow. Cody answered all my questions and updated me on the progress when I visited them downstairs. Cody was very knowledgeable and progressed without a hitch. They arrived in the morning and completed by early evening. My wife and I were extremely pleased with the results.
Description of Work
Install Natural Gas Furnace / Forced Air Heating System and A/C system
Katherine B.
11/02/2017
First, let me say that we were very happy Jacob Brothers customers before that company was purchased by T&G. Since that time, we've had two visits, both regular servicing per the annual service contract we had with Jacob Brothers. The first service, the AC check in the early summer, was a T&G technician who left us feeling uncomfortable, in part because he tried to sell us a service we didn't need. If we didn't already have the service contract, we would have dropped T&G and looked for another HVAC company. The second service, the heating check in late October, was a former Jacob Brothers technician. He was friendly, professional, courteous, and inspired confidence that not only could he do the job, but also that if there is a problem, he would explain it so that we could understand. He also did not try to sell any products or services we didn't need. He fixed the one issue that he found after showing it to us so that there was no question about it. He did not try to blame the problem on the company who installed the furnace. He was the reason we signed the service agreement for another year. If all the T&G technicians matched the former Jacob Brother's level of service and professionalism, we would be lifetime customers. Seeing some of the other reviews posted here confirm my fears about T&G, but as long as our technicians are former Jacob Brothers employees, we think it will be fine. We hope that T&G is working to bring all their technicians up to the level of the JB technicians.
Description of Work
Annual furnace check up per service contract.
Marjorie S.
10/10/2017
The me were on time, explained what they were doing and left our home spotless. Can’t say enough good things.
Description of Work
We replaced both systems and added a humidifier as well. The men we on time, explained what they were doing and left our home spotless. Can’t say enough good things.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Glad to hear you appreciate our service. It means a lot to us. Thank you for your kind review. If we can help you with anything else in the future please let us know. You are the reason we are in business!!
Julie B.
10/03/2017
We were out of town at the time. We were told it went fine.
Description of Work
Change out the guts of a toilet. Cost nearly $400.
plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to serving your future needs.
GEORGE C.
09/29/2017
They do it one for the winter and one fr the spring and summer. It's a contract. They do a pretty good job. They're efficient, they pretty reliable. They're comparative and competitive with other customers.
Description of Work
Just the seasonal check.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for choosing us for your heating, cooling and plumbing needs.
melissa B.
09/20/2017
From calling for an estimate to the installation, this was as close as you get to the perfect interaction with a service company. The person that answered the phone was pleasant and got us a prompt appointment for an estimate. The salesman / estimator was prompt courteous and explained everything and answered all our questions he even steered us away from a price your unit that we were looking at. On the day of the installation the service text called about 20 minutes before they arrived they came in got the job done and a time frame they specified it did take all day but that was expected and they left my basement cleaner than it was when they got there. The service techs were polite knowledgeable and quiet throughout the day. I worked from home and wasn't disturbed at all; in fact I probably disturb them by checking in. A few weeks later, we are extremely happy with their air conditioner and can't wait to experience the new furnace once it finally gets cold enough to need it. I would definitely contact Thomas and Galbraith again and will be going through them for any future service needed on the furnace and air conditioner. Oh I can't forget to mention they offer a fantastic warranty on parts and labor which was awesome. Much better than what we found with other companies we solicited estimates from.
Description of Work
Replaced furnace and AC
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to serving your future heating, cooling and plumbing needs.
tom H.
09/18/2017
They're very good. They do our regular work and they do a very nice job. We're under contract. The contract is $700 a year, but we have multiple air conditioning and heating units. I think their price is fine. I don't have enough comparisons, though. My understanding is they're comparable, they're competitive. I would just say they're competitive. The quality of their work is excellent. I don't know if they change the filters.

Roger S.
09/16/2017
They're very responsive and do what they say. The service guy that was there, I think he was a little rushed and left stuff behind. He left the cut and stripped wires on the floor. It wasn't the end of the world but they are usually good at picking up.
Description of Work
I used them for heating and air needs.

Jane S.
08/28/2017
There was a meeting for Thomas and Galbraith plumbers in the morning that went over the scheduled time and so the plumber was very late arriving at our house. We had to call and find out why he wasn't at our house. I felt like they should have called us. He arrived over 1 hour late. The faucet was installed correctly and the work area was left in good condition. We received a discount because he was so late. I do like that I never get a "creepy" feeling from the Thomas and Galbraith servicemen. They have always been respectful.
Description of Work
We had an outside faucet replaced.

Phone

9520 Le Saint Dr

Fairfield, OH 45014

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

Window Air Conditioning Units

Covid-19 update

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover
Financing Available

FAQ

Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Yes, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers free project estimates.

Yes, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers a 0% senior discount.

Yes, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers emergency services.

Yes, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers warranties.

Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers the following services: Air Conditioner Repair, Air Conditioner Replacement, Air Conditioner Installation, Heat Pump Repair, Heat Pump Replacement, Heat Pump Installation, Furnace Repair, Furnace Replacement, Furnace Installation, Air Handler Repair, Air Handler Replacement, Air Handler Installation, Electric Furnace Repair, Electric Furnace Replacement, Electric Furnace Installation, Fan Coil Repair, Fan Coil Replacement, Fan Coil Installation, Ductless Repair, Ductless Replacement, Ductless Installation, Humidifier Repair, Humidifier Replacement, Humidifier Installation, Dehumidifier Repair, Dehumidifier Replacement, Dehumidifier Installation, Ultraviolet Light Repair, Ultraviolet Light Replacement, Ultraviolet Light Installation, Media Air Cleaner Repair, Media Air Cleaner Replacement, Media Air Cleaner Installation, Preventative Maintenance, Tune Ups, Duct Cleaning, Duct Sealing, Blower Door Testing, Water Heater Repair, Water Heater Replacement, Water Heater Installation, Tankless Water Heater Repair, Tankless Water Heater Replacement, Tankless Water Heater Installation, Sump Pump Repair, Sump Pump Replacement, Sump Pump Installation, Garbage Disposal Repair, Garbage Disposal Replacement, Garbage Disposal Installation, Water Softener Repair, Water Softener Replacement, Water Softener Installation, Reverse Osmosis Repair, Reverse Osmosis Replacement, Reverse Osmosis Installation, Toilet Repair, Toilet Replacement, Toilet Installation, Shower Repair, Shower Replacement, Shower Installation, Tub Repair, Tub Replacement, Tub Installation, Faucet Repair, Faucet Replacement, Faucet Installation, Gas Line Repair, Gas Line Replacement, Gas Line Installation, Water Link Repair, Water Line Replacement, Water Line Installation, Drain Cleaning, Jetting, Sewer Repair, Sewer Replacement, Sewer Installation, Trenchless Pipe Bursting