Dunlap Construction Co Inc

Founded 1975 • With Angi since October 2010

524 Enchanted Valley Ln

Little Rock, AR 72118

A single family home builder and remodeler.

12/22/2020

Micah S.

If Brent did his own work, it would probably be fine. Unfortunately, he subcontracts everything to the cheapest contractors and they don't even listen to his or the home owner's instructions. Brent then threatens legal action if you don't pay within 2 days of finishing even when the work is not complete. He also stated that he would have never taken the job if he knew that the addition needed to match the existing house. Wow! He also left the outside of the dormer unfinished for over 2 weeks even during a hurricane! I had to take flashing tape and seal everything myself before it hit. The window is 5 inches lower than the outside window beside it. The window sill is unlevel, bent, and 1 inch lower than the other sill in the room. The roof is the wrong color and the pitch is noticeably different from the gable peak right next to it. The fascia is 3 inches wider than any other fascia on the house. They never installed R30 insulation in the ceiling as specified on the quote. The window leak and roof leak that they told me they fixed still leak. The baseboards are not mitered to match. They did not bring enough screws for the roof so they dug through my trash and used rusted screws with broken seals instead. On top of this, if I would not have complained, they would have installed the wrong brand, color, and texture of siding after I even gave them the part numbers to order. They installed grey fascia that had to be replaced with white so that it matched the house. They tore up my carpet even though they had no tools to reinstall it. They barely even tried to find a matching window which I ended up ordering myself. The lights and outlets were not originally symmetrical and the roof cap was not cut to match the existing trim. Overall, if you are good with this level of quality, Brent is your man. He is definitely cheap but you get what you pay for!!! I will never use his crews again! I am absolutely shocked that he has had so many favorable reviews on Angie's List. He is a nice guy but his crews are not professional at all.

Description of Work
Dormer Addition to Bonus Room

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, siding, home builders

I must respond to these blatant lies and made up stories that the owner has said about me and my subcontractors. To start with he told me that my bid was the highest bid he received for the project. He stated that he wanted to use me because I put everything in writing describing what would be done to the project. We used the exact same size roofing rafters that was used on his existing home, the roof pitch on the new dormer was changed with his approval because my carpenter and I both told him his new roof on the dormer would be higher that his existing roof on the garage and that would look odd. He furnished his own window and the reason that height is a little different is the new dormer has 8' ceiling and the window he is comparing has a 9' ceiling. He states that we left the outside unfinished for two weeks but he failed to tell you that we had to special order vinyl siding to match his existing siding and it took two weeks. We also installed covering and taped up the seams to protect the outside from the approaching storm. He also lies about the insulation because he did not tell you that he took some of our insulation to finish his personal project on the home and purchased more insulation to replace what he took of ours. The baseboards, electrical outlets all match what he already has in his existing room. The carpet was left loose so that his contractor that was going to install his new carpet in the dormer room could stretch all the carpet at the same time. The owner was given credit for all of things that he furnished and for the labor on the final bill. He was never threatened by me unless you call telling him that I would take legal action if did not pay me which is what he was threatening me with. It is very odd that the owner waited four months to complain and make up lies. It looks like defamation and liable of my character.

05/12/2020

Robert Y.

We would not hesitate to recommend Brent Dunlap for any job from remodeling to building a new house. Brent was our contractor for our remodel and was very diligent on keeping his sub contractors on schedule to be on site as work progressed. We could not be more pleased. Bob & Judy York

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category kennels, home remodeling

05/15/2018

Beth C.

Arrived on time and completed the job in a timely manner. Very professional and courteous. Job well done!

Description of Work
Installed guttering around my house.

10/12/2017

John T.

Not independent anymore. Works for another person

Description of Work
Couldn’t get him. Has started working for another person

Category home builders

I want to let all customers know that I am working full time for myself again as of 4/23/2018. Please call for any needs you may have. Thank you. Brent Dunlap

06/05/2017

Margaret L.

It went very well. We did get behind schedule on some of the work where the subcontractors were not available as promised, but that was beyond Brent's control and he did find replacements. It just took a little longer than we hoped. Brent was on top of everything. He stopped in regularly to check on progress and was extremely responsive to my texts or phone calls. The subcontractors were very professional and did a great job. Brent is great to work with and I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
We needed to remodel two full bathrooms. One bathroom required the removal of a wall, replacement of all of the bathroom fixtures (tub, sink, faucets, commode),replacement of the floor and the tile around bath, replacement of the cabinets and countertops, replacement of lights and vents - it was a major remodel taking things down to the wall studs and rebuilding. The second bath required new cabinets, floor, shower, sink and lighting. It was also substantial.

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

05/01/2017

Craig S.

Brent was always professional, courteous and punctual. He is trustworthy. The work was done on time and exactly the way I wanted it. The cost was very reasonable. I am very pleased with all aspects of this project and will be calling him for my next one.

Description of Work
I had Brent add on to my garage.

09/16/2016

Roger C.

Very well. I got to Brent Dunlap through my roofer whom I had used many times before for roof and gutter work. He responded quickly though was backed up because the storm had done a lot of damage all over the city. His choice of gutter and finish carpenter sub-contractors was great. The finish carpenter had done other work for neighbors and came through with his high quality work. Brent was on top of things while the work was being done by visiting the job or calling at least once a day. He also followed up to see if all was OK and had the gutter people come back to correct a few small problems. In all cases, cost was fair and competitive.

Description of Work
Made repairs after storm on July 17 including gutter, facia, and soffit repairs.

Category remodeling, siding, sunrooms

08/18/2016

Robert S.

Went the BEST. Saved me a lot of money

Description of Work
Help me build a new Kennel

Category contractors, remodeling, kennels, home builders

08/14/2016

Linda M.

wonderful....Brent does excellent work

Description of Work
Replaced two doors

08/11/2016

Scott D.

Went very smooth. Brent Dunlap is very attentive and has very good sub-contractors. We were able to utilize Dunlap constructions discounts when picking out lights, granite, sinks, all bath fixtures ect. We are very happy with the quality and we highly recommend Dunlap Construction. Scott Davis

Description of Work
complete gut and remodel 1/2 of home, kitchen, living room, office, add laundry room had to reconfigure walls. Also in past had Dunlap construction add a attached garage to my home.

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, garage builders, home builders, home remodeling

07/06/2016

Margaret L.

The job hit a snag with the subcontractor but Brent got it straightened out and the installation of the railing was completed. It looks great. I was so glad that Brent handled the snafu - not me! This was the second phase of a project we started last year. It was a pleasure to work with Brent.

Description of Work
Complete the installation of a railing on the front porch.

04/06/2016

Sandra F.

They're were prompt and finished the job in a timely manner. The work was professionally done. I am comfortable that my attic and roof are back to the way they are suppose to be. They cleaned up after they were finished and also fixed a light fixture for us. I would recommend them for any job. We have purchased two houses from Dunlap Construction and had him do this repair because we know he is reliable and will do the job right.

Description of Work
Raised the trusses in the attic to lift the roof back up in place.

11/24/2015

Frank T.

Timely. Efficient. Reasonably priced. First Class Workmanship. Professional in every sense. Would hire Brent for another project without a second thought.

Description of Work
Brent was the general contractor on our house renovations.

11/07/2015

Margaret L.

Our front concrete stairs were uneven and had no handrail. I wanted to replace them and Brent gave me a reasonable bid for the job. Brent did not do the actual work. He provided me with a bid and told me that he would use subcontractors for the job. He hired two contractors to do the actual work and then supervised the job and paid the subcontractors. We had a cement contractor and a railing contractor for the job. The cement contractor broke up the original porch, and then formed up the stairs, the landing and the porch. The new stairs are wider than the original stairs and the landing is also wider and visually a big improvement. The railing contractor powder coated the railings, painted and installed them. The finished stairs are a great improvement and so much safer than the original stairs and porch. The steps are wider and are evenly spaced, the landing is wider and the railings are wonderful. We did not install railing around landing and the porch and we now realize that it looks unfinished. So we asked Brent for a bid to add railings to those areas which he provided to us. Brent is a very nice fellow and the subcontractors he located to do the job were very capable and they did a great job. They were all very professional. I was very pleased with the final result.

Description of Work
Replaced concrete front stairs and installed a metal railing.

06/08/2015

Tim K.

Mr. Dunlap was very professional. He gave us several estimates with different ways of remodeling the kitchen and laundry room. In the end we chose to update the existing kitchen cabinets, replace the counter tops with granite, tiled the floors in the dining room, kitchen, laundry room and fireplace. The laundry room was expanded to take in the walkway behind it. The laundry room is so much more functional now. It looks like it was part of the original design of the house. We are very pleased with it. Mr. Dunlap involved us in all decisions on the remodel. All of the costs on the original estimate were very close or under budget. Brent came by regularly to check on the work and discussed concerns with us every step of the way. He kept the project on schedule and informed us of any potential delays. We couldn't be happier with the results.

Description of Work
Dunlap Construction expanded and remodeled our laundry room, remodeled our kitchen, dining room and rebuilt our deck adding 15 feet of deck beyond the original size. We also updated the fireplace tile and paint in the living room and hallway and replaced the front door and one of the back doors.

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

03/19/2015

Mary S.

We are very happy with it! They did a beautiful, excellent job. They were really nice and respectful. They were extremely professional.

Description of Work
They added a railing on the steps, front and back.

Category decks

01/14/2015

Elizabeth M.

We asked for the ability to pay subcontractors directly. We feel that is the safest way to handle this type of remodel. Mr. Dunlap works in this way. His estimate was very close to the actual cost and it was actually a little less. We paid the contractors directly, and paid a fee to Mr. Dunlap for being the point of contact and coordinate the work. This worked well for us because we do not live in the town where the work was conducted. Regarding cost.... I received bids from several contractors. Some were more expensive and some were less. I wanted quality and fairness. Although I felt a couple of the sub-contractor prices were on the high side, the work was good quality and done in a timely manner. In the end, the price was fair. Mr. Dunlap informs me that the warranty of one year is handled by each individual contractor and that I will either contact the contractor directly, or will get in touch with him if I need to contact one of them.

Description of Work
Dunlap Construction acted as a coordinator for the construction of a front porch. This consisted of tearing down the original porch, and constructing a new one according to plans which I provided.

01/11/2015

Frank T.

Work went very well. Workmen left the area clean and tidy each night which was important since we continued to use the master bath, minus the shower during the project.

Description of Work
Removed Shower in Master Bath. Replaced it with a tile shower and glass shower door.

Category home builders, home remodeling

12/15/2014

john W.

Dunlap Construction has build two homes for us so when we planned a bathroom upgrade, we looked to Brent to coordinate all of the sub-contractors for us. As always, Brent provided detailed and accurate quotes and met our budget and construction goals. I would recommend Brent for any home construction or remodeling project.

10/28/2014

Harrol C.

We are very pleased with Mr. Dunlap as our consultant for roofing our 17 ft. x 25 ft. patio. The total cost for the completed job, including the consultant fee, was $15,713, a price well under estimated budget. A gable roof attached to our home included framing, five columns, electrical work, siding, brick work, painting, gutters across the entire back of our house, roof shingles, turbines, etc. Mr Dunlap scheduled and supervised all the sub-contractors closely, making sure everything was done correctly. He brought in knowledgeable, insured sub-contractors and used only the best materials. He does everything a contractor does from beginning to end. After inspecting and approving each finished job, he presented the bill to us. Mr. Dunlap is honest, very knowledgeable, personable, professional and a perfectionist. We are 100% satisfied! Even the city inspector was impressed with the beautifully finished project. We will hire him again if we have need. He is capable of doing any job, big or small.

Description of Work
Brent Dunlap was the consultant on a gable roof attached to our house covering a 17 ft. x 25 ft. patio.

10/28/2014

Anna M.

Brent is so thorough and kept me updated the entire length of the project. He sent almost daily texts with updates. He was easy to get a hold of and always on time. He did a fantastic job managing the project. When we hit a project hick up, those always happen, Brent found a solution. He wasn't the lowest bid but worth every cent. We will be hiring him again for future projects.

Description of Work
Tore down old carport and built a stunning two-door garage with workshop. Project included a floored attic.

10/12/2014

Bobby F.

Brent Dunlap was our contractor. He oversaw each project in the kitchen remodel, including construction, plumbing, cabinetry, flooring, and appliance instillation. The individuals that are on his construction team performing the various functions are very professional and customer oriented. We could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Total kitchen remodel.

02/27/2014

Donald P.

We are building a sunroom. About 380 sq. ft. Roof is finished, walls up but need finishing. A little more than half complete. The concrete guys are dragging there feet. They don't show up wheb the weather is nice and say they can't work when the weather is bad. Other than that, no complaints. Will report again later in the project. The room is finshed and we are very happy with it. will try to figure out how to add new photos of completed project.

Description of Work
Sunroom

Category decks, drywall, siding, home builders, home remodeling

[member name removed]'s room addition is a little slower than I would like the progress to be but he doesn't understand that the concrete man is backed up on several jobs and the weather conditions have not provided the ideal conditions to work with I think we have done pretty good job to be at the point of the project we are now at. [member name removed] also does not tell you part of the slow down with his job is due to waiting on the exterior door units that were not ready when we were framing the sun room. [member name removed] ordered his own door units and they just got delivered early this week. My carpenter had already planned some other jobs so he had to pull off a couple of days while we waited for the door units to arrive. I don't like for customers to order the materials because of situations like that. I like working for the [member name removed]'s and hope they will be happy with their finished project.

12/10/2013

Sean T.

Very happy with Dunlap Construction. Very personable to work with and highly knowledgeable. We had both roof repairs and siding repairs which needed some co-ordination and I'm pleased to say everything went very smoothly. The work was completed promptly, and on budget, with an attention to quality that seems rare these days. Thoroughly recommended.

Description of Work
Worked with a roofing company to remove old, leaky and damaged wood siding on an old house. Replaced with new siding to match current look, integrated with roofing repairs.

Category remodeling, siding, home builders

09/06/2013

Barbara G.

I thought they were very efficient, even coming in below budget on some things. I was very pleased with the work that they did. They were very prompt, cleaned up after themselves, and the contractor himself was always on site supervising and making sure things were done properly.

Description of Work
I had a room addition and deck built onto my home.