Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Batesville, AR
There are 0 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Batesville
- Allied Plumbing & Drain Service IncVery professional.. Prompt and called when their ETA changed. I just want to know how a guy can use 2 sticks to find my underground septic lines, amazing! Would definitely use them again. They were very honest and tried to save us $$ by diverting the laterals that were saturated. This so far has solved the problem without having to replace the entire system
- Allied Plumbing & Drain Service IncThe work was done by Raymond with Allied Plumbing and he was polite and knowledgeable and the part of the yard that had to be dug up was left hard packed and appeared disturbed as little as possible. I would highly recommend him and Allied to anyone!
- Allied Plumbing & Drain Service IncAfter we had the holding tank for our septic system pumped out, Cory inspected the pump and determined that it was burned out, which I had suspected. He came the next day to install a new pump with a higher horsepower rating. When removing the old pump it was apparent that there was a great deal of pressure in the pipe. Since our house is quite a drop below road level, this was not surprising. With the new pump installed it was apparent that something more was involved as the pump could not handle the pressure being built up. With help from the previous owner of the house, Cory found a connection where the wastewater pipe had gone to the leach field distribution box. By opening the valve to the lateral system a good flow of wastewater was established. Cory determined and I agreed that the problem was with the Village Wastewater system, but that the original lateral system would work fine for many years if needed. I had Village Wastewater come out the next day and found that their system would require a pump that would push the wastewater uphill for a further half mile to their mains. This excessive distance is undoubtedly what overtaxed the original pump that had been in use less than 5 years. Two men from Allied came out the next morning to see if I wanted them to find a stronger pump to connect to the city system. I showed them what Cory had done to solve the problem and confirmed that the city system is not actually a sewer system but only handles the wastewater overflow from our septic tank. With this information in hand, I decided to stay with the solution Cory had come up with as this will be trouble free for many years as opposed to the city system that is likely to burn out pumps every few years. I was very satisfied with Allied and with Cory's problem solving to come up with the best long term solution for us
- Mr Rooter Plumbing of Northwest ArkansasThe gentlemen that came to the house to perform the service were very friendly and proffessional. I have no complaints at all and only praise for their work and attitudes.
- State Line Septic, Inc.Prior to the service call we had several phone calls asking questions so that we understood what needed to be done. They were very courteous and extremely helpful. I was concerned that we would have issues with the service because of the rocky terrain and slope of our back yard, but they came prepared and did an awesome job
- Foster Septic Tank CleaningThey were recommended to me by Angie's List, and the price they charged was adequate. We had an estimate done before, and it was about the same price.
- Roto-RooterThey came in a timely manner. They took care of the issue with no problems. I don’t remember how much they charged but I do remember that my husband and I thought it wasn’t bad for what they had to do. They were friendly and nice. We were pleased with the price. It’s them who we’d call if we have another problem
- BBB Septic ServiceBBB pumped out the wastewater holding tank for our septic system. We had another company working to replace the pump, but their truck wasn’t strong enough to pump up the two and a half story grade from the back of our house. This wasn’t an easy task as it’s quite a distance and well as down a steep drop. When I called BBB, they said they would get here as soon as possible. They came in less than an hour and had the pumping done quickly and professionally. While I had agreed to an extra charge due to the distance and difficulty of the job, BBB only charged me the minimum of $210, which was greatly appreciated. I definitely recommend BBB to anyone with septic or sewer problems
- State Line Septic, Inc.They were on time and very efficient with the work they had to do. They were able to put a tracker down the toilet and thus able to locate right where the tank is. It is 3.5 feet down so they brought in their excavator, at no extra charge to dig down to the tank, it is an older tank so it does not have the separate line that is sometimes used for pumping. Once done they put the dirt back and did an a great job of smoothing it out and really making it look good. They also inspected it and let us know what may need to be looked at in the future
- Rick's Rooter ServiceI called Ricks Rooter Service on a Sat and he responded with in an hour. I would recommend Ricks Rooter Service.
Last update on November 27, 2016
Septic Service Contractors in Batesville, AR
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
- Cave City,
- Tumbling Shoals,
- Evening Shade,
- Heber Springs,
- Bald Knob,
- Mountain View,
- Greers Ferry,
- Ash Flat,
- Horseshoe Bend,
- Calico Rock,
- Rose Bud,
Septic Tank Contractors in Batesville, AR
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Cox Plumbing1106 N Graham
Hope, Arkansas 71801
- Cox Plumbing
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Master Technicians & Mechanicals LLC505 Hancock Rd
CROSSETT, Arkansas 71635
- Master Technicians & Mechanicals LLC
Septic tank companies that service Batesville
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.