Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Salem, AL
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Salem
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoThe owner answered the call and sent someone out the next business day. The tank was pumped and determined that the tank was not level. That was the problem and reason for the leak. The owner came and leveled the tank and it has been working great.
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoWe called Royal Flush in the morning. Mike showed up to rescue us about 3 PM THE SAME DAY! He was right on time, completed the job and left. The price was reasonable at $190. We would definitely use them again and are quite happy to write a rave review for this fine company.
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoI contacted Royal Flush due to the reviews here on Angie's List. I called and made an appointment and Mike was here on time. I explained that the yard had just been sodded last summer and could he please keep that in mind when digging. I wasn't expecting a lot on that because he had to dig and locate the tank. While Mike was in the process of pumping the tank I stepped outside as I also had gutters being put on the house and they were just finishing. OMG! Whatever the cost it was more than worth it. The odor was the most horrendous thing I have ever smelled. I know it's my husband and I <0:( but goodness!! Mike was in and out very quickly, he placed all the dirt back as well as the sod. It was almost like he had never been there. He explained about the septic tank and field lines and how they work as well as proper care and maintenance. I never thought a septic tank needed to be pumped every 3 years, but he gave the analogy that a septic tank is like a car. You have to get the oil changed, rotate the tires, etc. to ensure general care so it runs smoothly. That really made sense to me. I asked about rid X and he said they just recommend buttermilk!! Let it sit out a day or two and spoil and flush it. (I thought buttermilk was already spoiled lol). Thanks Mike. We will definitely refer others to you and will see you in 3 years
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoThey located the tank and then realized it would require a backhoe. Scheduled a follow-up appointment and digging and pumping went well.
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoThey arrived on time and called before arriving. They were very courteous, and professional. They explained everything they were doing and gave advice on how to keep the system working properly. Can't go wrong using them.
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoI found this company on Angie's List, they came with high reviews so I decided to give the a try. First, Chad was able to get me an appointment within 2 days of calling him and on a Saturday, no less. Second, Mike had finish his other job early and was able to come 3 hours earlier than schedule, which was great since I had more things to do today. When Mike arrived he was very friendly and answered all my questions and explained all about how a septic tank works, since never owning one and the seller of this house didn't give me much information about the working of a septic tank, his information was very welcomed. Both of my tanks were filled to the brim and Mike had to go and empty his truck and come back to pump more from the septic tank. This company is amazing!!!!!!!! I will always use them and I will recommend them to anyone that needs a septic tank pumped
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoArrived on time, went right to work, cleaned the tank, gave us several pointers on maintenance and things to be aware of. Spent about an hour with us and was on his way. Good experience with the service man.
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoThe technician arrived on time for the appointment. I did not know the location of my septic tank. I called the county health department while he looked for it outside. I was able to get a drawing via email from the county showing the location of the tank so he could perform the service. He completed the job quickly and efficiently. I must add, however, that he had a cigarette in his hand the ENTIRE time he was on my property. I did not find any butts left in the yard. I would recommend this company as long as you know the location of the tank in advance and don't mind smoking
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoCalled on Saturday morning and they were at the house within 2 hours. Completed the job and advised me of a problem that would save me money in the long run with septic service. I will definitely use this company again.
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoThey gave us advise on how to keep our system working correctly. My septic tank lids were underground so they had to dig them up. Even with that extra work they were in and out in about an hour or less.
Septic Tank Companies in Salem
- Business Description:Septic systems do need to be cleaned every few years or more depending on usage. If you can't remember the last time you had it done, you probably need to have it pumped. PREFERS TO BE CONTACTED BY PHONE!!!! Thank youRecent Review:Highly satisfactory and very professional. The crew arrived on time and completed the service in slightly less than an hour. Price was reasonable as well. Highly recommended. Will use Royal Flush services againWilliam T.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your home needs to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Curtis was great! He kept me informed of what was going on with the shower. He tried the less expensive fix hoping that we wouldn't have to cut into the back of the shower through the adjacent laundry room, but we did eventually have to do that. I was appreciative that he tried the easy fix first rather than taking advantage of us since we don't live in Auburn, and we were having to get this fixed remotely for our rental property. Great jobRobiann G.
- Business Description:We provide our residential and commercial customers with a highly qualified team of plumbers. Normally same day serviceRecent Review:Initially, the time frame was grossly underestimated. I was told it would take 2 to 3 days. It took 2 weeks. Sheet rock was cut in the bathroom without blocking the door to keep sheetrock dust from billowing into the adjoining bedroom. A full dump truck was left on site over a 3 day weekend. Bathroom fixtures, old water heater, and large cardboard boxes were left on my yard over that same weekend. That left me to roll the fixtures onto my parking pad in order to cut my yard. The medicine cabinet was not centered over the new vanity. The solution was to install small corner shelve beside the medicine cabinet. One inch thick boards, not sanded or prepped in any way, were cut to fit. Then they were screwed into the wall. The screws were not screwed in flat to the surface. The toilet always continues running after I flush. Each time I use it, I must take the lid off of the tank to raise up the ball. The seams of the shower were not caulked. Brown gorilla glue was used and not wiped off the surface of the shower. The one person who showed up each day at the beginning of the redo was run off before he finished the drywall. It was left to me to find someone to finish sanding it before painting. The owner of the company insisted that the only allowable place to install the tankless water heater was 6 inches from the floor. If this was so, there would not be enough floorspace for my side by side washer and dryer. I did research and found a plumber who would install the water heater above the heighth of the washing machine, as is allowable. At this point, Mr Moon conceded, after the initial installation. From the beginning, Mr Moon kept trying to impose his ideas on my remodel. He made great effort to sell me a conventional water heater. He told me I was "Old School" when I told him I required a medicine cabinet, not just a mirror. Another thing he did daily was tell me each day before he left was that they would be back the next day to finish the job. Overall, by the end of the two weeks, They needed to pour concrete in the bathroom. They washed out the excess concrete from their wheel barrow on my grass. Those of the crew who smoke threw their cigarette butts all over my yard, although I have ash trays on my front and back porches. The reason that I went with Moon Plumbing to begin with is that I had good history with them. They are not longer the professional company that I dealt with years ago. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /florence d.
- Business Description:R Lucas Construction and Design is a state licensed contractor in both Georgia and Alabama. We are a design-build company specializing in custom homes and residential projects. With a strong emphasis on design, we are able to create quality, creative new homes while keeping structural integrity and cost factors in check. ON ALL COMPANIES CLAIMING TO BE CONTRACTORS, ASK FOR A COPY OF THEIR STATE LICENSERecent Review:Two upstairs back-to-back bathrooms were totally remodeled including taking both back to the studs, moving a wall and all the plumbing, changing out the electric hot water heater for a tankless system and removing a ceiling in the room below the baths. These baths both originally contained tubs and the remodel enlarged the master bath and changed it to a walk-in shower and the other bath remained a tub bath. All fixtures were replaced with new and a pocket door was added to the common bathroom wall allowing both adjoining bedrooms access to both bathrooms. <br /> <br />Our selections included some more expensive fixtures which inflated the costs of the contract. The demolition, hot water heater replacement and the majority of the work went as planned. Unfortunately, the cabinets were delayed due to equipment problems but once they arrived, they were very well built. With the cabinet delay all the other trades who required the cabinets in place to continue were pushed out and we lost our place with a number of the subcontractors creating an overall delay. Ron did his best to get the subs to work us back into their schedules as soon as possible, but the completion was slightly later than we expected. <br /> <br />Ron is a detail oriented consummate professional. We were very surprised and pleased with all of the subcontractors he used - not only in the quality of work but the individuals who were in our home. All were considerate and very respectful. Those employees of Ron that worked in our home were very accommodating and courteous. Not one of the people who I met in our home gave me any concern for the safety of my possessions or left me doubtful about being in the home alone with them. (I have a considerable job history with various construction related businesses and this is very unusual that even the employees of the subs did not give us any concern.) <br /> <br />The completed work is wonderful and is how we imagined the finished project would be. We are extremely pleased. The budget seemed a little high at the onset but we had heard such wonderful things about Ron we wanted him to do the work. The little extra we contracted for paid for a very high quality product and the satisfaction of knowing the work was done correctly. <br /> <br />We will use Ron again if we ever need additional renovation work. <br /> <br /> <br /Susan L.
- Business Description:Georgia and Alabama State-Certified/Registered Soil Scientist, Hydrologist, and Biologist with 22 years experience in environmental consulting. Two employees. Accept checks, cash, or money orders.
- Business Description:24hr plumbing and drain cleaning service with guaranteed same day service. Take advantage of our $79 dollar drain cleaning special. And mention Angie's list for an additional $75 off any plumbing repair.
- Business Description:We have be in business since 1993 and credit ourselves with only the best employees and subcontractors
- Business Description:Complete plumbing services. Additional DBAs - Stoess Plumbing, The Plumbing and Rooter Co LLC.Recent Review:We started using them a year and a half ago. They're A's all the way down, They're awesome. They come. They're just wonderful. They help us with issues that we may have. They're not afraid of giving us a tip, if its something they think that we can do. They're just great. I'm really, really lucky to have some good subs. Its a time consuming job because you got to get in there, some times you have to cut a wall out to get to it, you know that kind of stuff. They do a great job. They're professional, they're timely. Again, they clean up. They are fantastic and I highly recommend themPinehurst V.
- Business Description:McBride & McGill, Inc. is a veteran owned civil engineering and land surveying firm serving Columbus, GA and the surrounding communities, including Auburn, Opelika, Phenix City, Smiths Station, Valley, Cusseta, Hamilton, and more! We have been striving for excellence since 2002. Our staff is highly skilled with seasoned expertise and has been providing professional, award winning engineering, planning and surveying services for over 110 combined years. We will continue our focus and dedicatio..Recent Review:Very good experience. Work was done when and as expected. Employees were knowledgeable, friendly, respectful and very helpful. They made sure all my questions were answered and indicated that if I had more questions all I had to do was call the office. I recommend McBride-McGill to anyone needing survey work and would gladly use them againSharon H.
- Business Description:Stokes Construction has been around for over 30 years we are Licenses and bonded and ready to work for you.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- Smiths Station
- Phenix City
- Fort Benning
- Fort Mitchell
- West Point
- Waverly Hall
- Pine Mountain
septic tank services in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1-800-DisposalPO Box 997
- Colitas enterprise636 Ripshin Rd
- Colitas enterprise
- Elite Restoration and Construction CompanyPO Box 723
- Elite Restoration and Construction Company
- JHC Custom Homes LLCPo.Box 127
Pine Mountain Valley, Georgia
- JHC Custom Homes LLC
- Wicked Web Design & SEO1312 North Monroe St. Suite 137
- Wicked Web Design & SEO