Experts caution homeowners to be realistic and thoroughly evaluate DIY projects before tackling them on their own.
Get matched with top general contractors in Gadsden, AL
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Gadsden
- North Alabama BuildersAmazing. Very collaborative. Spent the time up front and at key points collaborating with us to get the design that would work. Very easy to work with. Did what they said. If anyone wants to reach out to me I can explain the details of how complex this was and what a great team they were.
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of BirminghamThe salesman was very knowledgeable and professional . He arrived on time and gave a very convincing presentation . The windows were ordered and they came out two days later to get a proper measuring . We are now waiting the approximately 10 weeks to be installed.
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of BirminghamWe worked with Robin Turner. She did a wonderful professional presentation pointing out all the reasons we should choose Champion. We have some unusual windows and wanted a different look. Robin helped us decide on just the right windows for a great curb appeal.
- North Alabama BuildersVery professional, courteous, and eye for detail. Good communication of plans, concerns, recommendations, and anticipated costs. Excellent time frame and achieved goal for finishing once work began. Good follow-up after completion to assure satisfaction. Good clean up afterwards. As the son of a commercial contractor and having years of construction experience myself, I can highly recommend Brent and North Alabama Builders
- North Alabama BuildersIt?s not too often that I write about a company to say how impressed I am with their service?but all I have to say is WOW. North Alabama Builders exceeded my expectations in every way possible. We worked the entire project through the company's owner, Brent. I was extremely impressed with Brent and his thorough inspection of the property, existing deck structure, listening to the vision/needs we had for the new deck and execution of the project. Brent continuously updated us throughout the project and stood behind his work in every way possible. The original estimate was very detailed and provided exactly what work we agreed upon. I was happy to see all the details in the estimate and it further provided me with confidence that Brent thought through all the details of the project. He executed exactly as he stated he would. We even ran into some issues with our existing structure (rot underneath a old door) and expanded the scope of North Alabama Builder's work. His team responded without any issues to the additional scope we added. Even with the additional work we added, Brent stayed within the budget he estimated. Additionally, there were a few details where Brent and his team went above and beyond what was in the estimate - such as painting the internal wall and trim where an old door was removed and replacing some boards in the bottom deck to make it look completely finished. We did not expect this and we were excited to see this attention to detail. We left Brent and his team with a key since we were not able to be home for the entire project. We never even thought twice about this. I would highly recommend North Alabama Builders. We were thrilled with the work and would use him again in a second
- Robert BullockAn "A" rating isn't high enough for Mr. Bullock! He is hands down, the BEST, most professional, friendly and get-it-done handyman/carpenter I've ever hired. Will definitely hire him again.
- Harmony RemodelingThe results were better than we could have imagined. From the time we broke ground, the estimated time of completion was pretty close despite working during the winter and having a couple weeks where no work could be done. The contractors were friendly and paid attention to the details we gave them. Mike was awesome with his follow up, making sure everything was done the way it was planned! He is a stickler for cleanliness and the little details that meant a lot to us with our addition. We added a master bedroom, bathroom, closet, guest bedroom, guest bathroom and mud room; remodeled a kitchen, turned a bedroom into a laundry room and closet and a bathroom into a pantry... paved a very steep driveway and poured a sidewalk and double parking slab. all in 4-5 months. Not to mention we live in an area where it is difficult to find builders/contractors that will show up much less complete a job. Excellent job and we would certainly recommend him!!
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingWe had two baths remodeled. At the end of each day, the cleaning and straightening up was very good. Eric kept us up to date on what the next day or two plans would be. Bath 1 was a complete tear out and replace, bath two we replaced the tub with a show and added to the closet where the original shower had been. Eric furnishes labor and you furnish the "pretty" items like fixtures, tile, towel holders. They used top of the line materials. We did ask for a couple of things, not in the original estimate and ran into a major wiring issue in the 2nd bath redo. We negotiated a price change that day, very fair, and moved on. The wiring was run midway down a wall instead of in the attic or near the ceiling. Caused some major rerouting, we didn't know so it was an understandable cost increase. Eric is an extremely fair person to deal with, he wants the job done right
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingI had found Sweet Home Repairs through a lady I knew from church she said he was the best contractor she had ever used. After I contacted the company he set up an appointment to see the job. He measured it and a few days later he contacted me so he could drop off the bid. Sweet Home Repairs came in at 12500 I hired him and his company the next day. I gave a check for 6500 dollars down and got a contract in return. I had contacted several companies and each bid varied by 1000s of dollars, I had one bid over 20,000 dollars and my lowest bid being 9000. I knew those were just not right and so I entertained a few more. From what I had been told from friends and relitives that material and labor should be 2.5 times the cost of material alone this would make my job around 12 to 13 thousand dollars. Mr Denton and his two helpers came in a gutted the whole bathroom in one day. By the time I got home from work they were gone and the bathroom was too. There was not any mess either, they had cleaned everything. The next morning Mr Denton arrived and asked where I was going to want the pot lights in the bathroom, as I pointed his helpers hung them. As I left I saw them reinsulating my walls with new fiberglass insulation and by the time I got home the bathroom had been redrywalled and covered with cement boards in the place that tile was to go. After a week of watching my bathroom develope into what I dreamed of we finally got to see tile being laid. Mr Denton laid down Hardie cement boards along with a system by Shuluter called Kerdi that went right over the cement boards this waterproof the bathroom from any leakage coming through the floor and runing any part of my house. Nine working days later all was done and my bathroom was ready to be mine again. I wrote Mr Denton a check for the remaining 6500 and we were done. I am so happy with my new bathroom and i cant wait til January cause i am going to have him do our house bathroom down stairs next
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingJust like the first job Mr. Denton drew up a contract took a down payment and started to workthe folowing Monday. Mr. Denton and his men were on the job each and every morning at 530 and went home at 4 pm monday thru friday. The job took 3 weeks and was wonderful to watch it come together. Mr. Denton used pine for the frame and cypress for the deck top. It is so well built if feels like concrete when you walk on it. Mr Denton also laid a small concrete pad area when you step off the deck it mets with my exsisting sidewalk
Last update on December 21, 2021
Contractors in Gadsden
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Worried about charging too much—or too little—as a general contractor? Learn what factors go into markup, how to calculate it, and how to communicate pricing to customers.
Here’s how to responsibly handle unfinished contract work in a way that’ll give you peace of mind and help remediate your home improvement project.
Find general contractors in
- Hokes Bluff,
- Rainbow City,
- Walnut Grove,
general contractors in Gadsden
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Gray Tile & Remodeling220 Clower Dr
Bowdon, Georgia 30108
- Gray Tile & Remodeling
- Horizon Roofing1104 W Spring Street
Monroe, Georgia 30655
- Horizon Roofing
- KHDM Construction LLC1320 Perry Store Rd
Opp, Alabama 36467
- KHDM Construction LLC
- Michael W. Jordan Carpentry2062 Dobbs Rd
Alexander City, Alabama 35010
- Michael W. Jordan Carpentry
- Paul Davis Emergency Services of Greater St Clair84 Cedar Ln
Trussville, Alabama 35173
- Paul Davis Emergency Services of Greater St Clair
- Quinney Contracting38 Amber Ln
Dixons Mills, Alabama 36736
- Quinney Contracting
- RAY KENNAMER CONSTRUCTION INC404 Martling Rd
Albertville, Alabama 35951
- RAY KENNAMER CONSTRUCTION INC
- Service Contracting, LLCPO Box 240157
Montgomery, Alabama 36124
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Slick's Construction & Flooring1680 Airport Rd
Oxford, Alabama 36203
- South Eastern Claims Specialists4221 Huntsville Rd
Florence, Alabama 35630
- Start to Finish Contractors2400 East Road
Mobile, Alabama 36693
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Service Contracting, LLC