Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Jacksonville, AL
There are 6 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Jacksonville
- North Alabama BuildersAmazing. Very collaborative. Spent the time up front and at key points collaborating with us to get the design that would work. Very easy to work with. Did what they said. If anyone wants to reach out to me I can explain the details of how complex this was and what a great team they were.
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of BirminghamWe worked with Robin Turner. She did a wonderful professional presentation pointing out all the reasons we should choose Champion. We have some unusual windows and wanted a different look. Robin helped us decide on just the right windows for a great curb appeal.
- Jireh Painting & RemodelingJireh was very pleasant to work with, the job was started and completed within the time frame, the workers were punctual and friendly. They completed the job as specified. I would definitely hire them again!
- North Alabama BuildersIt?s not too often that I write about a company to say how impressed I am with their service?but all I have to say is WOW. North Alabama Builders exceeded my expectations in every way possible. We worked the entire project through the company's owner, Brent. I was extremely impressed with Brent and his thorough inspection of the property, existing deck structure, listening to the vision/needs we had for the new deck and execution of the project. Brent continuously updated us throughout the project and stood behind his work in every way possible. The original estimate was very detailed and provided exactly what work we agreed upon. I was happy to see all the details in the estimate and it further provided me with confidence that Brent thought through all the details of the project. He executed exactly as he stated he would. We even ran into some issues with our existing structure (rot underneath a old door) and expanded the scope of North Alabama Builder's work. His team responded without any issues to the additional scope we added. Even with the additional work we added, Brent stayed within the budget he estimated. Additionally, there were a few details where Brent and his team went above and beyond what was in the estimate - such as painting the internal wall and trim where an old door was removed and replacing some boards in the bottom deck to make it look completely finished. We did not expect this and we were excited to see this attention to detail. We left Brent and his team with a key since we were not able to be home for the entire project. We never even thought twice about this. I would highly recommend North Alabama Builders. We were thrilled with the work and would use him again in a second
- North Alabama BuildersVery professional, courteous, and eye for detail. Good communication of plans, concerns, recommendations, and anticipated costs. Excellent time frame and achieved goal for finishing once work began. Good follow-up after completion to assure satisfaction. Good clean up afterwards. As the son of a commercial contractor and having years of construction experience myself, I can highly recommend Brent and North Alabama Builders
- Harmony RemodelingThe results were better than we could have imagined. From the time we broke ground, the estimated time of completion was pretty close despite working during the winter and having a couple weeks where no work could be done. The contractors were friendly and paid attention to the details we gave them. Mike was awesome with his follow up, making sure everything was done the way it was planned! He is a stickler for cleanliness and the little details that meant a lot to us with our addition. We added a master bedroom, bathroom, closet, guest bedroom, guest bathroom and mud room; remodeled a kitchen, turned a bedroom into a laundry room and closet and a bathroom into a pantry... paved a very steep driveway and poured a sidewalk and double parking slab. all in 4-5 months. Not to mention we live in an area where it is difficult to find builders/contractors that will show up much less complete a job. Excellent job and we would certainly recommend him!!
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingWe had two baths remodeled. At the end of each day, the cleaning and straightening up was very good. Eric kept us up to date on what the next day or two plans would be. Bath 1 was a complete tear out and replace, bath two we replaced the tub with a show and added to the closet where the original shower had been. Eric furnishes labor and you furnish the "pretty" items like fixtures, tile, towel holders. They used top of the line materials. We did ask for a couple of things, not in the original estimate and ran into a major wiring issue in the 2nd bath redo. We negotiated a price change that day, very fair, and moved on. The wiring was run midway down a wall instead of in the attic or near the ceiling. Caused some major rerouting, we didn't know so it was an understandable cost increase. Eric is an extremely fair person to deal with, he wants the job done right
- Robert BullockAn "A" rating isn't high enough for Mr. Bullock! He is hands down, the BEST, most professional, friendly and get-it-done handyman/carpenter I've ever hired. Will definitely hire him again.
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingI had found Sweet Home Repairs through a lady I knew from church she said he was the best contractor she had ever used. After I contacted the company he set up an appointment to see the job. He measured it and a few days later he contacted me so he could drop off the bid. Sweet Home Repairs came in at 12500 I hired him and his company the next day. I gave a check for 6500 dollars down and got a contract in return. I had contacted several companies and each bid varied by 1000s of dollars, I had one bid over 20,000 dollars and my lowest bid being 9000. I knew those were just not right and so I entertained a few more. From what I had been told from friends and relitives that material and labor should be 2.5 times the cost of material alone this would make my job around 12 to 13 thousand dollars. Mr Denton and his two helpers came in a gutted the whole bathroom in one day. By the time I got home from work they were gone and the bathroom was too. There was not any mess either, they had cleaned everything. The next morning Mr Denton arrived and asked where I was going to want the pot lights in the bathroom, as I pointed his helpers hung them. As I left I saw them reinsulating my walls with new fiberglass insulation and by the time I got home the bathroom had been redrywalled and covered with cement boards in the place that tile was to go. After a week of watching my bathroom develope into what I dreamed of we finally got to see tile being laid. Mr Denton laid down Hardie cement boards along with a system by Shuluter called Kerdi that went right over the cement boards this waterproof the bathroom from any leakage coming through the floor and runing any part of my house. Nine working days later all was done and my bathroom was ready to be mine again. I wrote Mr Denton a check for the remaining 6500 and we were done. I am so happy with my new bathroom and i cant wait til January cause i am going to have him do our house bathroom down stairs next
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingWe have a home built in the early 80s and at almost 20 years old things are starting to fall apart and need repairs. I am a religious watcher of DYI T.V. shows. I have even read Mike Holmes book " Make it Right" and that is how I learned how to hire a good contractor. I had contacted several companies before I settled most of which were to busy doing other things when they were suppose to be at my house on a scheduled day to give me a estimate. Then again some would show and I could tell they had no idea what they were talking about. Then there was the 2 that stood out and so I chose Sweet Home Repairs. Mr Denton the owner took the time to discribe each step that they would do and how they would put it all back together. Day 1: They started and they totally dismantled my entire bathroom minus the drywall on the ceiling. Day 2: Started off with them repairing the floor supports because the old tile leaked, re-running new water lines and replaced the unsafe receptical that was located in the lower wall near the bath tub to a safer place near the vanity and with a GFI. Last they installed plywood on the floor Day 3: Installed all new drywall on the walls and concrete board on the floor and walls where tile would go back up. All the concrete boards were sealed with a orange stuff called Kerdie . Day 4: They installed the new bathtub and laid all the tile on the floor. Day 5: Came in that morning and installed all the tile on the tub wall and around the wall of the bathroom. then grouted everything. Day 6: came in installed the pedistal sink , toilet towel bars and new toilet paper dispensor and cleaned everything. By 2 pm they were done and on there wa
Contractors in Jacksonville
- Business Description:Holland Homes LLC is a full service residential contracting company for all of your needs. From small repairs to full custom homes and renovations there is no job too big or small. We provide a quality service for all of our valued customers while providing a superior product on all of our projects. Our priority is to achieve full customer satisfaction on every job while building a relationship of trust with every client to ensure a successful job. With great attention to detail on every job,..Recent Review:I need someone to financing my roof no one will do ??no one out there do financing anymore thank you alls steve 01/05/2019 angies list can anyone help me>256-525-0822>1801 dooley ave Anniston,alabamasteve c.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Birmingham! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while crea..Recent Review:Met with John Maenza this morning at my house. He did a great presentation, helping us to look at all the features of champion windows. I had done my homework on potential problems and he answered my question with courtesy and treated us with respect. By the time he left we felt confident in him and the companyGodelieve B.
- Recent Review:I am very happy with their service. They did a good job, its hard to find people who'll say they're going to show up but never show up. I was pleased, they came on time.Nathan A.
- Business Description:Fourth generation carpenter with 35 yrs in the remodeling industry, a small family company so we are a one project at a time outfit. Quality craftsmanship is our goal on every project large or small. We service about a 50 to 60 mile radius around BirminghamRecent Review:Excellent work preformed high quality material used. Love the deck no complaints about professionalismJohnny M.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:For over 20 years Gray Tile & Remodeling has been your go to source for quality, artisan tile work and remodeling. Looking for a turn-key ready kitchen completed top to bottom in 2 weeks or less? Does your outdated bathroom need a facelift? Our team will help you with the complete design, layout, material selection and are dedicated to your 100% satisfaction from start to finish. Call us today to schedule your free in-home estimateRecent Review:Gray Tile & Remodeling did a fantastic job on my bathroom!! They were very professional and always kept communication open. They were there when they said they would be. I didn’t have to worry about a thing when I had to run an errand and they were still working. I will definitely hire them for any remodel needs I have. The workmanship was by far the best I have ever seen. They take pride in their work and it showsJulie B.
- Business Description:License Contractor:Quinney Contracting qualified and ready for the job,willing to help others in there time of need.We also know people need the job done and want business's to work with them,we are more than willing and able to work with youRecent Review:I paid him in full on 08-17-2019, and he has yet to complete the repairs. Despite numerous contacts he claims he is too busy to complete the job. He has left an 83 year old house occupant with a leaking roof and unfinished dry wall and the cold weather has arrived. I only selected him from a recommendation from Angie’s listJon A.
- Business Description:We will discuss payment options due to different types of jobs and length of jobs. We will do whatever we can to make it as easy as possible for our customers.
- Business Description:Highly professional home improvement and lawn service business. We offer a wide range of services to home owners and businesses. We can build or fix any problems that may exist in the home or business. We also can beautify any lawn. We are licensed professionals with over 15 years of experience. Charles Boykin Jr. is the owner and I have ten employees
- Business Description:Miller Electric and construction specializes in all types of electrical service, troubleshooting and renovations. With a decade of being a top service provider throughout central Alabama, we have serviced commercial businesses from Texas to Florida up to Washington, D.C. Now, we have added a construction crew to provide more services, like home building. from foundation repair to roofing, and everything in-between. Give us a call for a free quote
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Rainbow City
general contractors in Jacksonville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A & P Services822 fort dale rd
- A & S contruction39 County Road 897
- A 2 Z Home Services883 county road 61
- A&B Construction5635 Cragford rd
- A&W Construction2930 shahan av
- Alabama Re-Roof3584 Hwy 31 S. Suite 147
- Alpha and Omega painting
- American Construction and Development LLC80 Canyon Trail
- Apex Roofing and Construction5800 Henderson Rd
- Artisan Remodelimg and Tile LLC6097 County Rd 81
- Atlas Roofing Georgia63 W Elm St
- A & P Services
- Capstone Construction LLC50 W Sunset Dr.
- Carter Construction141 Cedar Run Ln
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham309 Cahaba Valley Pkwy N Ste H
- Compass Restoration Group2770 Indian River Blvd
Vero Beach, Florida
- Complete Home RepairPO Box 83
- Capstone Construction LLC
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Ford's Remodeling, LLC5869 A AL Hwy 77
- Ford's Remodeling, LLC
- It's Alive113 Highland Cir
- It's Alive
- M&B Supply & B&E Weatherization34180 US Highway 280
- Mark Cooper1975 Morrisville Rd
- McNeals Home Improvement99 Sonia LN.
- Michael W. Jordan Carpentry2062 Dobbs Rd
Alexander City, Alabama
- Miller Electric and Construction221 Sawmill rd.
- M&B Supply & B&E Weatherization
- NYMA Home Improvement, LLC2921 Wood Dr NE
- NYMA Home Improvement, LLC
- Ogle Contractors703 North Anniston Avenue
- Ogle Contractors
- Saugahatchee Wood Works684 County Rd 2039
- Service Contracting, LLCPO Box 240157
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Slick's Construction & Flooring1680 Airport Rd
- South Eastern Claims Specialists4221 Huntsville Rd
- Start to Finish Contractors2400 East Road
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Saugahatchee Wood Works