Just a handful of annual tasks can prolong the life of your oven and help your food cook more evenly.
Get matched with top appliance repair services in Bessemer , AL
There are 10 highly-rated local appliance repair services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Appliance Repair Reviews in Bessemer
- The Appliance Mechanic, LLCMarlon who was friendly and professional did a very fine job of repairing our refrigerator and freezer which was leaking. I even had to call him several weeks later with a question, and he was able to troubleshoot it with me over the phone. Appliance Mechanic is now our top choice for appliance repairs
- Appliance Service LLCSam came to the house on a Saturday, which I appreciated. However, he was there only 15 minutes, diagnosed the problem as a bad control board, and said he would have to order one. It came that following Tuesday, and he came to install the board. Right up until then, everything was fine. I confirmed it would be 24 hours or so before the fridge was back to correct temperatures. It's supposed to be 37 in the fridge and 0 in the freezer. At its highest, it was around 52 in the fridge and in the teens in the freezer. After 24 hours, the temperatures had not changed. I contacted Sam who said he would call me back. He did, and said that he was mistaken, that it would be 24-48 hours for a fridge to cool down. That didn't sound right to me at all, but I took his word for it. This is also when he mentioned (not for the first time) that he was scheduled to go on vacation that Thursday. Well Thursday came and the temperature in the fridge had still not changed, it was hovering in the upper 40s in the fridge and in the teens in the freezer, still unusable. Knowing I couldn't contact Sam (and realizing I probably shouldn't anyway), I was fortunate enough to get a GE repair appointment. The very nice and knowledgeable GE repairman (named Eddie) came and diagnosed quickly that the fan in the freezer had broken due to the control board being installed incorrectly. He also noted that Sam had not connected the control board completely in the back. After working on it for about an hour, he replaced the fan, fan motor and fixed Sam's installation mistakes. Within hours, the fridge was back down under 40 degrees and by the morning, it was making ice and staying consistently at the correct temperatures. My main complaint to Sam is that he did not thoroughly examine the fridge either time he worked on it. If the fan was working on Saturday, it surely wasn't working after he installed the control board and after hearing from me that it wasn't cooling the way it should be, he should've checked other things in the fridge to make sure it was working. I'm sure he was just in a hurry to get on vacation though which is why he had such lackluster work. He offered to reinstall the bad control board and refund my money, which is both unprofessional and extremely rude. I would NOT recommend this repair person to anyone ever again
- The Appliance Mechanic, LLCI was very pleased with the work done by Marlon. He came in a timely manner and was very professional and efficient. I would highly recommend his company to anyone. He explained the issue and what he did to fix it. He will definitely be someone I will use in the future for any appliance issues I may have
- Ferguson Bath & Kitchen GalleryThis company does not stand behind their products. Yes, they have nice things on display, but watch out if anything breaks! We’ve only been in our brand new house for a little over a year and we’ve had two appliances break. Within six months of purchasing are $3000 icemaker, it broke. Ferguson has this terrible service center called “True Blue” where you don’t really get to talk to Ferguson, it’s clearly a third party and they farm you out to different service repairman. Our experience with the service man they have sent out is that they are terrible. The icemaker took three different people in a month to fix. Turns out there’s a design flaw in the icemaker, sure would have been nice if the Ferguson rep had known this and not recommended this product!! It finally got fixed, but we had to get our homebuilders involved, their repairman couldn’t do it. The latest issue we are dealing with is worse. Starting less than a year into living in our house, our high end refrigerator started freezing things. Long story short, The company they referred us to has done nothing but break our refrigerator further. The guy was so rough with it that a cracked display had to be replaced, but the bottom line is that we are months into the problem and our refrigerator is still doing the exact same thing as before, freezing things. It’s to the point where I’m unable to use it for certain food products that don’t need to be frozen. The bottom line? Ferguson loves to sell you expensive products but they won’t stand behind them down when they break down!
- The Appliance Mechanic, LLCHe came to fix a leak in the water line to the ice maker in the refrigerator. He quickly found the leak, replaced to hose to a better one and moved the cut off to a place I can reach without a ladder Excellent work.
- Allsouth Appliance GroupThe repairman was very courteous and did excellent work getting my 31 year old refrigerator working again. He came within 45 minutes of my call. It only took a little while and I highly recommend them. I will certainly hire them again if I need any repairs of that type again.
- S & S Appliance Parts & Service LLCRon with services is very friendly and professional. He explained everything to me that he had done and would be returning to do. He was very quick to diagnose the issue. I WILL NOT use any other company.
- Service Care IncGreat effort to make repairs however, disappointed to find out parts for my model no longer made. So time for a new refrigerator. Ugh!
- Mr. Appliance Over the MountainIt was excellent! He was able to fix it within 2 hours. He was in clean cut, wore his uniform, and well spoken. Everything you could ask for!
- Appliance Service LLCSamuel Eiland explained over the phone how I might fix the problem without having to pay for a visit. His suggestion improved the performance, but still required a visit for optimal results. He did not have the supply he needed on his truck, so did not charge me for the time it took to obtain the supply. Very pleasant and professional
Last update on September 19, 2022
Appliance Repair Experts in Bessemer
Deals in Bessemer for Appliance Repair
Explore our Solution Center for helpful appliance repair articles
Hard water can reduce the lifespan of your washing machine as well as your clothing. Before you drop hundreds on new equipment, know that you can fix the problem yourself. Learn more about the effects of hard water on your washing machine and what to do.
Avoid a fiasco by making sure your range, stove or oven is in good working order before preparing to cook for the winter holidays.
Find appliance repair services in
- Pleasant Grove,
- Sylvan Springs,
- Vestavia Hills,
- Indian Springs,
- Lake View,
appliance repair services in Bessemer
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Air Doctor7719 Bellefield Drive East
Theodore, Alabama 36582
- Allsouth Appliance Group4 W Oxmoor Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
- Appliance Connection701 N. Graymont Ave
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
Corydon, Indiana 47112
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
Cleveland, Tennessee 37311
- Air Doctor
- Becnel Kitchen and Bath2355 Pelham Parkway
Pelham, Alabama 35124
- Becnel Kitchen and Bath
- Fast Appliance Service2288 Rockcreek Trail
Birmingham, Alabama 35226
- Fast Appliance Service
- LOVELADY PLUMBING CO3115 Old Ivy Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35210
- LOVELADY PLUMBING CO
- Neli Virtual Appliance Repair143 Charlotte Ave
Sanford, North Carolina 27330
- Neli Virtual Appliance Repair
- Plumbing Professionals126 Victory Trail
Pelham, Alabama 35124
- Plumbing Professionals
- Trinity Contractors, Inc.561 Simmons Dr.
Trussville, Alabama 35173
- Trinity Contractors, Inc.