If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Sacramento, CA
There are 8 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Sacramento
- GVD RenovationsThe final renovation is great! Getting there was not easy. We called them many times checking on the schedule instead of them letting us know ahead of time when they were coming. Lots of waiting on material and craftsmen. I don’t believe this was all due to the COVID pandemic.
- Build Craft IncWe have been using Terrell to do work for us for the past 12 years - from large remodel jobs, to small plumbing & electrical jobs and have been very happy with the results. Terrell truly is a craftsman who can fix just about anything sometimes requiring creative problem solving in the process. The latest job he did for us was to straighten a 2000 lb. mail box column that was leaning at an increasing rate and in danger of tipping over because of a poor footing. Terrell came up with a creative engineering approach to support the mailbox while pouring a new footing. It involved a two stage process over two weekends and now the mail box is straight and secure. People stopped by continually during the process to admire his engineering. Our mail box column was saved and it looks just like we wanted with no damage to the slate facing. Terrill is very skilled in many areas of building and repair, he's hard working and communicates with you throughout the job. That, coupled with his high standards and his commitment to quality makes him an excellent choice for most any project. At times he can be quite busy, but we always try to wait till he's available, if we can. We trust him to do a quality job at a fair price. We highly recommend Terrell for any job you need done
- GVD RenovationsMy husband and I wanted to get a handful of quotes for a daily large renovation on our home. We had a contractor that gave us a quote on labor only, one who gave us a quote double our budget a few who were not very creative and or just didn’t listen to what was important to us. Then we met with Vlad and Gary. From the very first prompt meeting both of these guys brought their A game. They spent so much time with us listened to everything we really wanted. I really felt like we were on the same page from the very beginning. We chose them not because they were the cheapest or most expensive, we chose then because you can tell they know what their doing, they care about making you happy and I felt safe leaving my home and fur babies everyday in their hands. Vlad’s team was amazing! Thank you so much to Alex, Eric, Michael, Ivan and the rest of the team who made our home so beautiful. These guys are truly masters of their craft. By the time they were done we missed seeing them around the house. Thank you all for your hard work and keeping an eye on my fur babies, Monster and Kingsley already miss you! GVD renovated our master bedroom, master walk in closet, master bathroom, guest bathroom, put all new hardwood flooring through out our home, raised a ceiling and a few other things I can’t even think of, my point is there’s nothing they can’t do! Thank you Vlad for making this experience a positive one. We are in love with all the new spaces you created! Hands down we will use GVD for the few things left we need to do on our home in the near future. We will highly recommend you for years to come
- SHEcan2My God you could not ask for better craftsmanship or crew. They did a smaller job for us four years ago and we were so impressed we called them Terri when it we were ready for our very big job. She was book almost a year out. Reluctantly we researched other companies but just didn't feel like anyone could meet our standards like SheCan2. We waited and it was worth it. They transformed our tiny third story loft and powder room into an unbelievable master suite nestled in the trees. They created a bathroom to die for, a bedroom and private space with fireplace and built a dream closet 12x14 over the 2nd story dinning room. They also made changes to the floor below to compliment the addition, gave design ideas and included us in the process every step of the way. We also had to remove exterior walls from the third story including glass block which was a lot of fun. It was a harsh winter with extreme cold temperatures and endless rain but that did not hold them up. They showed up every morning at 7am. They are considerate, clean and as quiet as possible
- SHEcan2Every part of the job was excellent. Our contract was to do everything necessary for me to go in and just paint and lay down the tile floor and they did just that. Because Terri (owner, SheCAN2) is fully booked all the time it took about 2 months to finally get her in to do the work after her estimate visit. But I can tell you that it was well worth the wait. Care was taken to ensure a normally messy job didn't mess up the remainder of the house. If I hadn't gone into the bathroom to look at the work, I wouldn't have known they had been there. What was left was a fully-cleaned bathroom ready for paint and tile...just as promised. The attention to detail was astonishing. During work, they discovered a leak emanating from my other bathroom which they fixed. Estimate: $4200. Job invoiced at $3650. I paid them and immediately requested a quote on further work in my house, knowing it wouldn't be until September or so before they'd have an opening. Very highly recommended. Let's give her so much work that she needs to expand, because Terri's work ethic and what she demands from her helpers is just what we need from businesses in this area. ...bria
- SHEcan2Terri viewed the attic where some structural beams were bowing, and one had cracked/broken. She proposed a repair that involved reinforcing several beams, and adding additional supports. Her crew arrived in a timely fashion, finished the work in one day, and cleaned up. Very good work.
- Reid Construction & MaintenanceBen Reid was very pleasant to work with and seemed to understand what we wanted repaired. We haven't decided on a contractor yet, and Reid Construction is on our short list when we're ready to go!
- Harmon Home InspectionsRobert was very detail in asking questions of my concerns and what he was going to do prior to his inspection. Found the problem, took pictures and video of damage which were included in his email report "Added Value Service".
- Cullumber EngineeringI had structural engineer, Wesley Cullumber www.CullumberEng.com out to my house to evaluate the construction project for a room enclosure on a raised deck to determine what would be required for the building permit process. If I had started with him, I would have saved so much time & money plus avoided the hassles of dealing with the county building department myself. His visit had been offered as a free estimate, but I chose to pay him for the hour of his time & expertise after he provided such valuable information which kept me from wasting more time and money. His past experience as a construction worker coupled with is training as an engineer gives him an excellent vantage point for evaluating construction projects. I appreciated that he was honest and efficient- instead of dragging out the process and charging me for several hours of calculations that would have brought him to the same conclusion. I plan to keep his contact information for any future projects and highly recommend him to others as well
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & EngineeringIt went just fine. It was very good. They were very professional. The advice was free and it was a better route for us to take. They gave me a quote for $16000. What stood out to me is that mostly they were very professional. They gave us some very good advice.
Structural Engineers in Sacramento
- Business Description:QUESTION: WAS THE LAST FOUNDATION COMPANY YOU RECEIVED A FOUNDATION REPAIR BID FROM ICC APPROVED? The Sure Safe foundation is ICC-ES listed and approved, which means the VR-1 foundation has been tested and evaluated to meet the requirements of all building codes and other applicable codes in North America and other regions around the world, and is the preferred choice of code officials and government regulators - allowing them to instantly approve our foundation repair with confidence and p..Recent Review:Sure Safe came out as promised, thoroughly inspected the foundation via the crawlspace and gave me a detailed report and estimate within a few days. Art was very generous with his time and honesty in speaking with me after the report was deliveredJohn S.
- Business Description:Our focus is quality. To meet the needs of our customers and help them in any way we can. We have over 15 years of experience in residential and commercial construction, established on professionalism and cleanliness. We strive to be orderly and efficient, no matter what the project entails.Recent Review:The service was well. I thought they would do the job the whole day but they wrapped it up in a couple of hours. It was a big garage with many things that I haven't used. I would definitely hire them again and I would recommend themDevin N.
- Business Description:EIFFEL structural engineering services offers concept to design to execution of projects including offices, retail, schools, student housing, hospitals, heavy industrial structures, single-family custom homes, multifamily homes and more. We’re a dependable structural engineer with over 30+ years of experience, varying from Nuclear power & mining to commercial and retail. Beyond the traditional structural engineering domain, our team always considers the quality of construction and the economi..Recent Review:So far so good. Very good engineer. Works very efficiently.shawn m.
- Business Description:I enjoy providing home improvement craftsmanship! Much of my childhood was spent building things in the garage with my Dad. Later, I attended CSU Sacramento where I earned a BS in Construction Engineering Management. I spent the first twelve years of my career working for a steel fabricator as a project manager. I missed the satisfaction of working with my hands, so I ventured out on my own and started Build Craft Inc. Build Craft Inc. is a licensed General Contractor specializing in handyman..Recent Review:I want to tell you about Terrell Williams of Build Craft Inc. He refurbished some very complicated occasional chairs for me and the work was beyond excellent The knowledge required was kind of unusual and it took a lot of care and patience. This guy is a perfectionist and he has the skill to practice perfection I’d give him all the stars there are! Hope this helps some uncertain soulVictoria J.
- Business Description:We are a team of skilled trade professionals dedicated to quality workmanship and trusted relationships with our clients. Our subcontractors are all trusted parts of our team. We strive to coexist with your lifestyle's needs and concerns and we have fun doing our work - which is making the dream of your living space come to life! Serving Napa, Marin, Yolo, Contra Costa & Alameda Counties as well as parts of others. Call to verify. Hourly handyman services are not available in all cities and c..Recent Review:We would definitely work with Ben again. His attention to detail and overall integrity as a contractor are excellent. He spent plenty of time with us on the front end of the project to select materials and set our expectations for how our kitchen would look when it was done. He helped us choose some special features that made the kitchen special. We were remodeling the kitchen as part of an overall plan to renovate and sell our home, and time got tight at the end of the project when we found another home more quickly than we thought we would. Ben stepped up and did a really good job finishing the final touchups, and we sold our home two days laterScott B.
- Business Description:Straight Line Construction, founded in 1999, specializing in Roofing, Gutters and Siding. We maintain 14 license classifications allowing us to provide a single point of service and the highest levels of quality. Our 50+ employees have many years of experience and a drive to create Raving FansRecent Review:The crew was efficient, respectful and thorough. They think about the customer first. They are checking in every day of the project to ask about how everything went and about questions or concerns. They did an AMAZING job replacing the shingles and sheeting on my roof. Spectacular experience. The owner, Jack, comes by and inspects his employees work as well introducing himself and making sure it was satisfactory. I see why this company has so many great reviews. If I could give 10 stars I wouldRhianna R.
- Business Description:GVD Renovations Inc. is a locally owned and operated contractor in Roseville, CA specializing in kitchen & bathroom remodeling and exterior renovation services for homeowners like you! Our objective is to provide high quality kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, window & siding installation services at an affordable price. We put forth a considerable amount of effort in exceeding the expectations of our customers. We have gained a reputation over the years of being honest, trustworthy, an..Recent Review:The best part is that they were done within two weeks, which was amazing.Susan M.
- Business Description:Hello, I'm Terri Harris and I'm the president and founder of SHEcan2. We are a remodel/repair/design home improvement company. Our services range from fixing that loose towel bar in the hall bath to adding on a new master bedroom suite. We also do rental property maintenance and commercial tenant improvements. We are in the business of seeing your project through your eyes. By listening to your ideas and understanding your budget and time allowances, we're able to better understand how we can..Recent Review:Very well. SheCan2 staff were timely, did great work, and worked well with the city inspectors. Job involved, framing, electrical, dry wall texturing, painting, finish work including hanging a door, as well as installation of a ceiling fan. The wall they built looks original to the home—really fantastic job of blending new with existingKathy L.
- Business Description:Harmon Home Inspections is locally owned and operated. We service Sacramento and the Bay Area. We use National Association of Certified Home Inspector standards while providing digital E-reports. We use infrared technology on every inspection at no additional charge. Infrared is non-intrusive and allows us to see behind walls to find plumbing leaks, roof leaks, missing insulation, electrical hot spots and more. Harmon Home Inspections uses the state-of-the-art Home Gauge computer system which..Recent Review:Amazing. We had our realtor set up the inspection. Rob was incredibly thorough and explained everything in a way that I was able to understand (as someone with -3 experience in how a house is built, this was so useful.) We were able to take all of his notes and explanations and with the help of our realtor, our request for repairs received 0 push back because we were able to substantiate the requests with the information given to us by Rob. He was incredibly friendlyKathryn B.
- Business Description:As one of the few US-based structural engineering firms focusing on green design, we represent the pioneering spirit of trying something new. We welcome you to explore all your options in green home design with guidance from Precision Structural Engineering, Inc. (PSE). PSE has extensive experience in traditional structural engineering services; however, we have taken a definitive lead in sustainable commercial and industrial structural engineering, as well as green residential designs. We pl..Recent Review:Never got to the actual work stage because of the terrible communication. Basically I hired them and they never responded to me afterwards. I spoke with others that had similar experiences with them.Dennis W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Do you have a suspicious support beam in your home with signs of dry rot, water damage, or—dare we say it—termites? The cost to replace a rotted support beam will take all these causes into account, as well as your unique home design.
Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Find structural engineers in
structural engineers in Sacramento
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- David W. Hoppe Construction Inc.4560 Bailey Way
- David W. Hoppe Construction Inc.
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC 2501 N Hayden Rd Suite #101
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC
- Frazier Construction7520 Oak Grove Ave
Citrus Heights, California
- Frazier Construction
- Harmon Home Inspections4642 Leverett Court
- Harmon Home Inspections
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & Engineering8969 Seavey Ln
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & Engineering
- QUANTS ENGINEERING, INC.1665 E 4th St
Santa Ana, California
- QUANTS ENGINEERING, INC.
- Seemar Engineering8333 Turnbury Drive
- SHEcan23050 Fite Circle Suite 110
- Sierra Property Services1015 Riley St, #311
- Springwood Construction & Equipment Inc.10947 Olson Dr Suite# 411
Rancho Cordova, California
- Straight Line Construction3811 Dividend Dr Ste A
SHINGLE SPRINGS, California
- Sure Safe EFS2534 State St Ste 436
San Diego, California
- Seemar Engineering
- Winter Drafting & DesignP.o. Box 1311
Shasta Lake, California
- Winter Drafting & Design