Foundation cracks can be costly to repair, so homeowners should be proactive to prevent permanent damage. Follow these tips to keep your foundation solid.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Sacramento, CA
There are 9 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Sacramento
- GVD RenovationsThe final renovation is great! Getting there was not easy. We called them many times checking on the schedule instead of them letting us know ahead of time when they were coming. Lots of waiting on material and craftsmen. I don’t believe this was all due to the COVID pandemic.
- SHEcan2My God you could not ask for better craftsmanship or crew. They did a smaller job for us four years ago and we were so impressed we called them Terri when it we were ready for our very big job. She was book almost a year out. Reluctantly we researched other companies but just didn't feel like anyone could meet our standards like SheCan2. We waited and it was worth it. They transformed our tiny third story loft and powder room into an unbelievable master suite nestled in the trees. They created a bathroom to die for, a bedroom and private space with fireplace and built a dream closet 12x14 over the 2nd story dinning room. They also made changes to the floor below to compliment the addition, gave design ideas and included us in the process every step of the way. We also had to remove exterior walls from the third story including glass block which was a lot of fun. It was a harsh winter with extreme cold temperatures and endless rain but that did not hold them up. They showed up every morning at 7am. They are considerate, clean and as quiet as possible
- SHEcan2Terri viewed the attic where some structural beams were bowing, and one had cracked/broken. She proposed a repair that involved reinforcing several beams, and adding additional supports. Her crew arrived in a timely fashion, finished the work in one day, and cleaned up. Very good work.
- SHEcan2Every part of the job was excellent. Our contract was to do everything necessary for me to go in and just paint and lay down the tile floor and they did just that. Because Terri (owner, SheCAN2) is fully booked all the time it took about 2 months to finally get her in to do the work after her estimate visit. But I can tell you that it was well worth the wait. Care was taken to ensure a normally messy job didn't mess up the remainder of the house. If I hadn't gone into the bathroom to look at the work, I wouldn't have known they had been there. What was left was a fully-cleaned bathroom ready for paint and tile...just as promised. The attention to detail was astonishing. During work, they discovered a leak emanating from my other bathroom which they fixed. Estimate: $4200. Job invoiced at $3650. I paid them and immediately requested a quote on further work in my house, knowing it wouldn't be until September or so before they'd have an opening. Very highly recommended. Let's give her so much work that she needs to expand, because Terri's work ethic and what she demands from her helpers is just what we need from businesses in this area. ...bria
- Reid Construction & MaintenanceBen Reid was very pleasant to work with and seemed to understand what we wanted repaired. We haven't decided on a contractor yet, and Reid Construction is on our short list when we're ready to go!
- Build Craft IncWe have been using Terrell to do work for us for the past 12 years - from large remodel jobs, to small plumbing & electrical jobs and have been very happy with the results. Terrell truly is a craftsman who can fix just about anything sometimes requiring creative problem solving in the process. The latest job he did for us was to straighten a 2000 lb. mail box column that was leaning at an increasing rate and in danger of tipping over because of a poor footing. Terrell came up with a creative engineering approach to support the mailbox while pouring a new footing. It involved a two stage process over two weekends and now the mail box is straight and secure. People stopped by continually during the process to admire his engineering. Our mail box column was saved and it looks just like we wanted with no damage to the slate facing. Terrill is very skilled in many areas of building and repair, he's hard working and communicates with you throughout the job. That, coupled with his high standards and his commitment to quality makes him an excellent choice for most any project. At times he can be quite busy, but we always try to wait till he's available, if we can. We trust him to do a quality job at a fair price. We highly recommend Terrell for any job you need done
- GVD RenovationsMy husband and I wanted to get a handful of quotes for a daily large renovation on our home. We had a contractor that gave us a quote on labor only, one who gave us a quote double our budget a few who were not very creative and or just didn’t listen to what was important to us. Then we met with Vlad and Gary. From the very first prompt meeting both of these guys brought their A game. They spent so much time with us listened to everything we really wanted. I really felt like we were on the same page from the very beginning. We chose them not because they were the cheapest or most expensive, we chose then because you can tell they know what their doing, they care about making you happy and I felt safe leaving my home and fur babies everyday in their hands. Vlad’s team was amazing! Thank you so much to Alex, Eric, Michael, Ivan and the rest of the team who made our home so beautiful. These guys are truly masters of their craft. By the time they were done we missed seeing them around the house. Thank you all for your hard work and keeping an eye on my fur babies, Monster and Kingsley already miss you! GVD renovated our master bedroom, master walk in closet, master bathroom, guest bathroom, put all new hardwood flooring through out our home, raised a ceiling and a few other things I can’t even think of, my point is there’s nothing they can’t do! Thank you Vlad for making this experience a positive one. We are in love with all the new spaces you created! Hands down we will use GVD for the few things left we need to do on our home in the near future. We will highly recommend you for years to come
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & EngineeringTheir structural engineer suggested that I get the whole house inspection first before requesting a structural inspection. He was knowledgeable of the construction methods used at the time of construction. I told him I had concerns about the brick structural integrity and he said that if he saw anything he would refer it to his on-staff structural engineer. After his inspection, Jim said that he did not see any structural compromise and that a Mason would be a better source for me, as a structural engineer would not see any more than he did without tearing into walls. Jim's honesty and integrity are beyond question. The rest of the inspection went well and a report was provided the next day. I subsequently contacted a Mason and got my brick answers, just like Jim suggested. I am very satisfied with this business. I believe their honesty is part of the company's culture
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & EngineeringWe had an original idea of expanding a bedroom and bathroom in addition to the changes listed above. We wanted to accommodate my mom. The project caused us to really examine whether having my mom live with us was something that would work for us with all things considered. We decided against it, and changed the plans. While it cost something, the process really helped us explore the whole issue of dealing with an aging parent and it was very valuable time spent
- Glorioso DesignThis job went better than I expected. Professional drawings and very good input on cost savings and good ideas for optimum use of the home to fit our desires were all part of the job. Frequent updates and good collaboration for a fair fee for designing a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 5 car garage 4300 sq.ft. custom home. Jeff did a great job of keeping us on track and doing work in good time. He didn't recoil or go crazy when we wanted to do some changes - prior to final prints. He's easy to work with even when we had very difficult issues and delays with the lot and the site plan
Last update on August 16, 2021
Structural Engineers in Sacramento
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Vaulted ceilings are a high-end upgrade that can make a home look bigger. But there are some drawbacks that you should also consider as a homeowner.
Root cellars are a low-cost, sustainable alternative to refrigeration. Learn the benefits of this traditional food storage area and what’s needed to build one.
Find structural engineers in
- West Sacramento,
- Rio Linda,
- North Highlands,
- Rancho Cordova,
- Gold River,
- Fair Oaks,
- Citrus Heights,
- Elk Grove,
- Pleasant Grove,
- Granite Bay,
structural engineers in Sacramento
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Austin Chase Inspector3319 Julliard Dr A
Sacramento, California 95826
- Build Craft Inc9600 Mira Del Rio
Sacramento, California 95827
- CNA Engineering Inc2575 Valley Rd
Sacramento, California 95821
- David W. Hoppe Construction Inc.4560 Bailey Way
Sacramento, California 95864
- Harmon Home Inspections4642 Leverett Court
Sacramento, California 95842
- New Vista Renovation 5740 Roseville Rd Ste J
Sacramento, California 95842
- RODRIGUEZ BROTHERS POOL INC1450 SPROULE AVE
Sacramento, California 95811
- SHEcan23050 Fite Circle Suite 110
Sacramento, California 95827
- Austin Chase Inspector
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC 2501 N Hayden Rd Suite #101
Scottsdale, Arizona 85257
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & Engineering8969 Seavey Ln
Loomis, California 95650
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & Engineering
- Reid Construction & Maintenance1735 Enterprise Dr # 106
Fairfield, California 94533
- Reid Construction & Maintenance
- Tangent Design & Engineering, Inc.4095 Delmar Ave
Rocklin, California 95677
- Tangent Design & Engineering, Inc.