Harmon Home Inspections

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2006

4642 Leverett Court

Sacramento, CA 95842

Harmon Home Inspections is locally owned and operated. We service Sacramento and the Bay Area. We use National Association of Certified Home Inspector standards while providing digital E-reports. We use infrared technology on every inspection at no additional charge. Infrared is non-intrusive and

05/04/2020

Kathryn B.

Amazing. We had our realtor set up the inspection. Rob was incredibly thorough and explained everything in a way that I was able to understand (as someone with -3 experience in how a house is built, this was so useful.) We were able to take all of his notes and explanations and with the help of our realtor, our request for repairs received 0 push back because we were able to substantiate the requests with the information given to us by Rob. He was incredibly friendly.

Description of Work
Home purchase inspection

07/15/2019

Richard L.

We've decided to move to a different home in our neighborhood and saw good reviews of Harmon Home Inspection. Mr. Harmon scheduled us within one week of calling him and he arrived several minutes before the appointment time. He was very thorough on all areas he could inspect (did not climb onto the roof, but took detailed drone shots and noted some cracked tiles and other areas for which we had a roofing contractor advise us). He used special imaging equipment to verify all the heating and cooling ducts were working, tested all the installed appliances, evaluated the heating and A/C units, opened up the electrical panel and inspected its wiring, tested all of the visible plumbing, and tested all windows / doors. After his inspection, he spent 20-30 minutes w/ us discussing his findings and pointing out some issues. His report came to us 2 days after the inspection (emailed on a Sunday afternoon!) and was very thorough and divided into specific categories (plumbing, electrical, etc.) w/ many photos which detailed his findings by red circles around the items of concern. His electronic report also included a few brief videos w/ commentary. I had emailed him a question about one of the findings on a Sunday evening and he responded by 6:30 am Monday morning. This man's service is excellent, detailed, and well worth the money to provide us w/ peace of mind as well as points to discuss w/ the seller of our new home.

Description of Work
Inspect home we are buying

Thank you.

06/25/2018

Joshua H.

He was prompt, professional and knowledgable.

Description of Work
home inspection

06/25/2018

Michael L.

Robert was fantastic. We've had many home inspections and his was by far the most detailed. He explained everything he was looking at and gave his advice as to wether or not it was a real problem or just minor. On the house we sold, we wanted to be prepared. For a small fee, he took the buyers of our home through the inspection. They were very happy. Our real estate agent was so impressed she was going to use him again on future listings. Sorry this took so long to post, we've been swamped and I haven't been on Angie's List in a while.

Description of Work
Home inspections for both a home we were buying and the one we were selling.

11/25/2017

LouAnn W.

Harmon Inspection was top-flight. He will always e my first call.

Description of Work
overview of home

08/28/2017

Avtandil G.

Called Robert over weekend, he scheduled inspection the same week. was punctual, called me back after he finished inspection to run down over major findings, spent good 30min describing issues in great detail, then sent me a comprehensive report with high quality, high resolution images and videos highlighting all findings.

Description of Work
Full house inspection

07/16/2017

Carl W.

Robert was very detail in asking questions of my concerns and what he was going to do prior to his inspection. Found the problem, took pictures and video of damage which were included in his email report "Added Value Service".

Description of Work
Crawlspace under house inspection for smell.

Category home inspection, structural engineer

07/12/2017

Cara M.

Our appointment went well, he was very nice and responsive. We needed our roof inspected in particular and he said he was not able to access it and that we would need to pay for another appointment specifically to have the roof looked at because the access point was not enough for him to look. The homeowner informed us that he should have been able to get enough information from the entry that was there. I don't know how to evaluate whether or not more effort could have been put into inspecting the roof with the resources provided.

Description of Work
Home inspection

06/02/2017

Paul B.

He was very thorough. He emailed a file with photos of everything he found and a description. He was great!

Description of Work
Home and pool inspection.

03/21/2017

Boyd R.

Found several items wrong and was able to have them addressed by the seller.

Description of Work
We had a home inspection including the pool. Very thorough.

02/27/2017

Sally M.

We needed to determine where a water leak was coming from. Harmon not only determined the source of the leak. He took the time to inspect under our house and in the attic. He found some minor issues our contractor had missed.

Description of Work
We needed to determine where a water leak was coming from.

11/04/2016

Joel C.

Really amazing work. Extremely thorough inspection, he found quite a lot of things that any lesser inspector would have missed, and we talked the seller into fixing many of them before we bought the house. He flew a drone over the house to look at the roof, and went underground into the crawlspace, took photos of everything, and even used infrared to verify the heating and cooling was working. I was really amazed at how detailed the report we got was.

Description of Work
Inspection of the house we were preparing to buy.

10/21/2016

RON P.

Good quality inspection. The therman imaging of the wall was a bonus to the service.

Description of Work
Home buy inspection

10/04/2016

Rebekah H.

Great. Rob was kind and professional. He was very thorough and explained the problems he discovered in a way that we understood. Listened carefully to us and our needs.

Description of Work
Home inspection on a home we are in the process of purchasing.

Category home inspection, structural engineer

08/18/2016

Bryan S.

The whole process went very well, good communication and expectation setting, had the report the next day. The report itself was very comprehensive including photographs including taken from a drone! That really allowed him to get great pictures of the roof and other hard to reach areas, even the attic.

Description of Work
I hired Robert to perform a home inspection on a newly constructed residence in order to catch deficiencies ahead of the close rather than labor through the warranty process.

05/14/2016

Janet M.

excellent, professional, lots of useful information. We would use him again.

Description of Work
thorough inspection of roof

03/09/2016

Doreen W.

Harmon is phenomenal. I've had a lot of home inspections done and this guy is the best. He found problems that the pest control inspector missed during an inspection just a few days earlier. Harmon also found a water stain on the underside of the roof in the attic. The roof inspector only looked at the outside of the roof, I sent the report to the roof inspector which has images of the stains. Because of the home inspection, the roof inspector is returning to the property to make certain they did not miss anything. The inspection was well worth the expense.

Description of Work
Robert Harmon did a home inspection of a Rocklin home I'm in escrow to purchase

02/26/2016

Ghiaz A.

Mr Harmon was early for our appointment and completed the whole house inspection in a couple of hours. He went over all his findings with me and pointed them out to me so I knew the problems to point out to any contractor that I contacted. He used a drone to inspect the roof and provided photos in the inspection report of all areas inspected. I will definitely use his service again.

Description of Work
Complete home inspection

02/25/2016

Geoffrey W.

He did his homework, had up-to-date equipment and in 3 hours completed inspection of a 2600 sf single story home.

Description of Work
Veob!ry comprehensive report - great job!

02/14/2016

Abel H.

I got my rental property back after gone through eviction process, the house is in a big mess after eviction and I have no idea as how the house (plumbing, electrical, ventilation ? etc) work after ?customized? by the evicted tenant. Harmon Home Inspection helped me understand my house and the mystery works done by the tenant. Great job! I am another happy customer of Harmon.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

01/30/2016

Elizabeth C.

Excellent - Easy to schedule appointment, punctual and results provide ability to prioritize projects. Would recommend to anyone not quite sure where to start or where to spend money for home maintenance. I was only looking at the cosmetic things in my home and decided I wanted to know if there were any major concerns that should be addressed first, this inspection provided the information I needed.

Description of Work
Inspection to determine home maintenance needs.

12/30/2015

Bonnie M.

Great! Rob was responsive to all our questions and was able to schedule our inspection quickly. He was punctual and thorough and a true professional. We received his full report very quickly. I feel very confident in his assessment of the entire property.

Description of Work
Home inspection for a two unit building

11/11/2015

Daniel P.

Robert came on-time and started the home inspection. He indicated right away some major concerns with the home and the soil around the property. In about 30min, he had an exhaustive list of issues that need to be addressed: ciment slabs of the garage moved, major movement in the soil causing crack on the chimney and on the ciment all around the house, electrical box that should be replaced, old furnace that would have to be replaced soon, electrical problems, etc... Robert walked with me in the street and showed me the soil stability issue for few houses (the one I was looking at was by far the worst). Based on the initial feedback, I decided to walk away from buying the house and let Robert know I do not need him to complete a full inspection. I cannot be more grateful for Robert to quickly identify major issues. If you need a home inspection, he is definitely the person I would recommend.

Description of Work
Did a home inspection.

10/19/2015

Vincent A.

Rob is very thorough in his inspection in both the actual inspection process and the inspection report. Would highly recommend using him.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

09/20/2015

Daniel R.

Complete home inspection. Answered all my wife's questions with great detail. The report was excellent, beautifully put together and easy to read and understand.

Description of Work
Complete pre-purchase home inspection.