Build Craft Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2009

I enjoy providing home improvement craftsmanship! Much of my childhood was spent building things in the garage with my Dad. Later, I attended CSU Sacramento where I earned a BS in Construction Engineering Management. I spent the first twelve years of my career working for a steel fabricator as a project manager. I missed the satisfaction of working with my hands, so I ventured out on my own and started Build Craft Inc. Build Craft Inc. is a licensed General Contractor specializing in handyman repairs and home management services. With my background in fabricating metal and wood, I strive to provide quality home improvement craftsmanship. Much of my work is scheduled on a time and material basis. This allows me to provide high-quality work and more open communication. A fixed price motivates the contractor to give less and be less attentive to the customer's needs. Profitability is increased as cheaper materials are substituted, faster shortcuts are employed, and problems are ignored. Don't be fooled... "The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of a low price is gone." My goal is to meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is guaranteed! LICENSE: #870405. Award winning....

A Service Provider's profile image

+15 more images

handyman (112)woodworking (48)electrician (35)plumbers (24)door installation (21)lighting (20)drywall (19)general contractors (13)home remodeling (9)cabinet makers (8)decks & porches (5)basement remodeling (1)

04/07/2022

Barry C.

Awesome and better than expected. Vendor provided good advice and the outcome was perfect.

Description of Work
Office lighting installed in a dim conference room

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

You are so good to work for. Thank you!

04/01/2022

David B.

Mr. Williams is excellent at analyzing the problem, and he has the expertise and tools to do the job. He is very reliable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Several home repairs, for example, faucet, drip guard, molding. Also lengthened bed sideboards.

Category handyman service, plumbing, custom furniture

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

02/12/2022

Josh H.

Terrell is a master of his craft and a real professional. His prices are fair and he is trustworthy. He communicates well, is punctual, and an overall nice person. We are so glad we found him and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fix doors, consult on workshop, electrical work

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 02/12/2022

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It's great to work for you!

08/06/2021

Victoria J.

I want to tell you about Terrell Williams of Build Craft Inc. He refurbished some very complicated occasional chairs for me and the work was beyond excellent The knowledge required was kind of unusual and it took a lot of care and patience. This guy is a perfectionist and he has the skill to practice perfection I’d give him all the stars there are! Hope this helps some uncertain soul.

Description of Work
Refurbished wood on antique occasional chairs with upholstery

Category furniture repair

Work Completed On 08/03/2021

06/24/2021

kim H.

I hired Terrell to renovate the inside of our newly purchased home 2 years ago and have since used him for all my projects! You can count on Terrell to always be timely, great communicator, friendly and most importantly extremely skilled in whatever project he takes on! He truly is amazing and it is so very refreshing to always know that he will do any excellent job no matter what. The pride he takes in his work...shows in everything he does. My whole family turn to Terrell now! If you want quality work, timely, and a friendly builder, look no further than Build Craft Inc!

Description of Work
Build Deck stairs and support

Category appliance repair, decks, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. That was really nice!

04/27/2021

Therese G.

Professional, thorough, efficient work. Good communication throughout the time on each part of the work done.

Description of Work
Concrete repair on patio and walkway. Securing of bookshelves to wall, cleating and caulking, and installing kitchen chalkboard, relocating the eyelets on the chalkboard frame and hanging the chalkboard.

Category contractors, concrete repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/27/2021

Thanks for the nice review [Member Name Removed]! You were very nice to work for!

02/02/2021

Gail P.

Everything was repaired, as requested, and in a timely manner. Terrell was always professional, pleasant, and punctual. He answered all questions and explained what he was doing and why. We will definitely retain him as our “go to” person when work projects arise.

Description of Work
Repair fire wall in attic; replace attic insulation; new hardware on hard to open sliding doors; fix broken louver doors, replace moldy grout on sink; replace weatherstripping on door

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

It was so nice to work for you. Thanks for such a nice review!

11/20/2020

Maureen M.

Terrell is worth every penny. He is reliable, professional, honest and does quality work. We have hired Terrell many times. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Electrical, Plumbing, sheet rocking and lots of miscellaneous repairs

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

Thanks I appreciate you!

11/03/2020

Alan G.

Terrel did a very good job reattaching my shelving unit to the wall in a manner that will greatly reduce the chance of it detaching again in the future.

Description of Work
Built in garage shelves were detaching from wall. Needed them to be re-secured.

Category appliance repair, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thanks for the nice review!

10/01/2020

Mark A.

Terrell is awesome! We needed some improvements done in the kitchen and bath and had been looking for a contractor to help with the upgrades. Terrell was referred by our dog sitter and it was an excellent recommendation. Even at this time, Terrell is still helping remodel our house and we are very happy with the work that has been done and how the transformation is going. We highly recommend Terrell for impeccable service and great cost value.

Description of Work
Home remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

05/30/2020

Robert C.

All repairs were made quickly and without any issues. Terrill was thorough, and kept me informed of all the damage that was not seen at the initial inspection. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Dry rot repair

Category appliance repair, contractors, handyman service, home builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the nice review!

05/16/2020

Michael F.

We have been using Terrell to do work for us for the past 12 years - from large remodel jobs, to small plumbing & electrical jobs and have been very happy with the results. Terrell truly is a craftsman who can fix just about anything sometimes requiring creative problem solving in the process. The latest job he did for us was to straighten a 2000 lb. mail box column that was leaning at an increasing rate and in danger of tipping over because of a poor footing. Terrell came up with a creative engineering approach to support the mailbox while pouring a new footing. It involved a two stage process over two weekends and now the mail box is straight and secure. People stopped by continually during the process to admire his engineering. Our mail box column was saved and it looks just like we wanted with no damage to the slate facing. Terrill is very skilled in many areas of building and repair, he's hard working and communicates with you throughout the job. That, coupled with his high standards and his commitment to quality makes him an excellent choice for most any project. At times he can be quite busy, but we always try to wait till he's available, if we can. We trust him to do a quality job at a fair price. We highly recommend Terrell for any job you need done.

Description of Work
Straighten a mail box column

Category structural engineer

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

That was a fun one [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for the nice review!!

05/15/2020

Robert B.

It went very well. Terrell is very professional; work was completed in a timely manner. We are very pleased with the outcome. We have used Terrell's services several times before and have always been pleased. Would hire him again when needed.

Description of Work
Removed badly weathered wood trim around garage. Removed rotted and badly damaged wood trim around front of house. Finished replacement on both areas.

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. You are always great to work with!

04/30/2020

Mark F.

Always a pleasure working with Terrell. Awesome quality, super professional, clean and timely. Great with customer input and any questions about the project. We have worked with him before and look forward to working with him again. Our house looks great and my wife and I are very happy.

Description of Work
Sand, Stain Finish Bi-fold Doors and Oak Shelf

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. Your appreciative words mean so much to me!

03/06/2020

Patrick D.

Took a week to reply to an email and phone call, but he finally emailed through Angie's list that he was currently over booked. Too bad...looked like someone I would hire for this and future jobs.

Description of Work
General home repair

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

I'm sorry to disappoint you. I've been working 7 days a week for some time now. I have no staff to rely on so there is about 20 hours a week of administrative work to do. I am often behind unfortunately.

03/04/2020

John L.

Absolutely fantastic. First class craftsman in his trade. I've hire him any times and each time he exceeds expectations.

Description of Work
Finish carpentry on a drawer insert for the Kitchen. Fine woodworking skill required.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

Thanks for the kind words [Member Name Removed]!

02/21/2020

Mary R.

A couple of these items required creative problem solving. Terrell figured out solutions that previous repair attempts had missed. I am very pleased with the results. Heavy drapes were dragging on the floor even after 2 others had "fixed" them. Terrell devised an aesthetic and effective solution. He also devised a solid reinstallation of an overhead grill so I can change the air filter. He put in a needed second garage door button, fixed a garbage disposal, repaired a door knob, installed door pulls, and more. I'd recommend him on the ability to repair alone, but he also welcomes homeowner suggestions and explains how things work. Altogether a very good experience. I feel very confident that Terrell can fix anything on your list and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Anchor heavy drapery rod; repair air duct assembly; repair electrical switch; repair doorknob; install door pulls; install new garage door close button; install wall rack.

Category electrician, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] I appreciate such a nice review!!

02/06/2020

Margaret R.

Great, Work performed as stated, very happy with results

Description of Work
Reworked 3 quilting rails. Cut back the shoulder of one. Recessed t-nuts with forster bit. Rounded over 12 corners 96 inches long.

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

02/01/2020

Kimberly C.

Terrell saved my side-yard entry door into the garage from having to be replaced by repairing it so that it is now impermeable to the wet. Apparently, some steps were missed when it was initially installed by another handyman. It had begun to rot at the bottom and sides. Doors are expensive and I really liked this one because it has a window that can be opened and closed to help with ventilation during the hot months. Terrell was able to repair the door at a reasonable cost. He stands by his work too so I know that if anything comes up specific to the repair, he will be there for me. Thank you, Terrell!

Description of Work
Door Repair

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

01/30/2020

john S.

very well indeed. he did a job above what i expected. will hire again for more projects. i truly was happy with his timely professionalism .thank-you, john

Description of Work
handyman, caulking toilets, shower stall, etc.

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]...you were great to work for!

10/15/2019

kim H.

I am renovating my home and needed a very experienced handyman and I found one! Terrell is so experienced, hardworking, meticulous and has a very calming nature which puts me at ease when I am feeling overwhelmed with all the work that needs to be done. He is also a great communicator and answers my texts and emails quickly and always gives great advice. He is very busy but always makes time...he is truly worth the wait and I would highly recommend Terrell for any jobs you require.

Description of Work
Framing, electrical, plumbing

Category decks, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

I have enjoyed working with you and appreciate such a nice review!

07/16/2019

Eric H.

Terrell is truly a master craftsman. He built our bathroom vanity from scratch and its a beautiful piece of furniture. He was also the general contractor for our complete bathroom remodel and we love the finished product. If you want a builder who is super conscientious and knows how to do things right than Terrell Williams is the builder for you.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, custom furniture, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/18/2019