If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Fair Oaks, CA
There are 5 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Fair Oaks
- GVD RenovationsThe final renovation is great! Getting there was not easy. We called them many times checking on the schedule instead of them letting us know ahead of time when they were coming. Lots of waiting on material and craftsmen. I don’t believe this was all due to the COVID pandemic.
- Build Craft IncWe have been using Terrell to do work for us for the past 12 years - from large remodel jobs, to small plumbing & electrical jobs and have been very happy with the results. Terrell truly is a craftsman who can fix just about anything sometimes requiring creative problem solving in the process. The latest job he did for us was to straighten a 2000 lb. mail box column that was leaning at an increasing rate and in danger of tipping over because of a poor footing. Terrell came up with a creative engineering approach to support the mailbox while pouring a new footing. It involved a two stage process over two weekends and now the mail box is straight and secure. People stopped by continually during the process to admire his engineering. Our mail box column was saved and it looks just like we wanted with no damage to the slate facing. Terrill is very skilled in many areas of building and repair, he's hard working and communicates with you throughout the job. That, coupled with his high standards and his commitment to quality makes him an excellent choice for most any project. At times he can be quite busy, but we always try to wait till he's available, if we can. We trust him to do a quality job at a fair price. We highly recommend Terrell for any job you need done
- GVD RenovationsMy husband and I wanted to get a handful of quotes for a daily large renovation on our home. We had a contractor that gave us a quote on labor only, one who gave us a quote double our budget a few who were not very creative and or just didn’t listen to what was important to us. Then we met with Vlad and Gary. From the very first prompt meeting both of these guys brought their A game. They spent so much time with us listened to everything we really wanted. I really felt like we were on the same page from the very beginning. We chose them not because they were the cheapest or most expensive, we chose then because you can tell they know what their doing, they care about making you happy and I felt safe leaving my home and fur babies everyday in their hands. Vlad’s team was amazing! Thank you so much to Alex, Eric, Michael, Ivan and the rest of the team who made our home so beautiful. These guys are truly masters of their craft. By the time they were done we missed seeing them around the house. Thank you all for your hard work and keeping an eye on my fur babies, Monster and Kingsley already miss you! GVD renovated our master bedroom, master walk in closet, master bathroom, guest bathroom, put all new hardwood flooring through out our home, raised a ceiling and a few other things I can’t even think of, my point is there’s nothing they can’t do! Thank you Vlad for making this experience a positive one. We are in love with all the new spaces you created! Hands down we will use GVD for the few things left we need to do on our home in the near future. We will highly recommend you for years to come
- SHEcan2My God you could not ask for better craftsmanship or crew. They did a smaller job for us four years ago and we were so impressed we called them Terri when it we were ready for our very big job. She was book almost a year out. Reluctantly we researched other companies but just didn't feel like anyone could meet our standards like SheCan2. We waited and it was worth it. They transformed our tiny third story loft and powder room into an unbelievable master suite nestled in the trees. They created a bathroom to die for, a bedroom and private space with fireplace and built a dream closet 12x14 over the 2nd story dinning room. They also made changes to the floor below to compliment the addition, gave design ideas and included us in the process every step of the way. We also had to remove exterior walls from the third story including glass block which was a lot of fun. It was a harsh winter with extreme cold temperatures and endless rain but that did not hold them up. They showed up every morning at 7am. They are considerate, clean and as quiet as possible
- SHEcan2Terri viewed the attic where some structural beams were bowing, and one had cracked/broken. She proposed a repair that involved reinforcing several beams, and adding additional supports. Her crew arrived in a timely fashion, finished the work in one day, and cleaned up. Very good work.
- SHEcan2Every part of the job was excellent. Our contract was to do everything necessary for me to go in and just paint and lay down the tile floor and they did just that. Because Terri (owner, SheCAN2) is fully booked all the time it took about 2 months to finally get her in to do the work after her estimate visit. But I can tell you that it was well worth the wait. Care was taken to ensure a normally messy job didn't mess up the remainder of the house. If I hadn't gone into the bathroom to look at the work, I wouldn't have known they had been there. What was left was a fully-cleaned bathroom ready for paint and tile...just as promised. The attention to detail was astonishing. During work, they discovered a leak emanating from my other bathroom which they fixed. Estimate: $4200. Job invoiced at $3650. I paid them and immediately requested a quote on further work in my house, knowing it wouldn't be until September or so before they'd have an opening. Very highly recommended. Let's give her so much work that she needs to expand, because Terri's work ethic and what she demands from her helpers is just what we need from businesses in this area. ...bria
- Reid Construction & MaintenanceBen Reid was very pleasant to work with and seemed to understand what we wanted repaired. We haven't decided on a contractor yet, and Reid Construction is on our short list when we're ready to go!
- Harmon Home InspectionsRobert was very detail in asking questions of my concerns and what he was going to do prior to his inspection. Found the problem, took pictures and video of damage which were included in his email report "Added Value Service".
- Harmon Home InspectionsMr. Harmon was prompt in responding to my phone call and made an appointment for later in the week. He arrived at our home on time and was very pleasant and professional while he looked at the problem. He explained his diagnosis very clearly and was respectful as he put it in layman's words. We finished our business and he quickly submitted his report
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & EngineeringWe had an original idea of expanding a bedroom and bathroom in addition to the changes listed above. We wanted to accommodate my mom. The project caused us to really examine whether having my mom live with us was something that would work for us with all things considered. We decided against it, and changed the plans. While it cost something, the process really helped us explore the whole issue of dealing with an aging parent and it was very valuable time spent
Structural Engineers in Fair Oaks
- Business Description:I enjoy providing home improvement craftsmanship! Much of my childhood was spent building things in the garage with my Dad. Later, I attended CSU Sacramento where I earned a BS in Construction Engineering Management. I spent the first twelve years of my career working for a steel fabricator as a project manager. I missed the satisfaction of working with my hands, so I ventured out on my own and started Build Craft Inc. Build Craft Inc. is a licensed General Contractor specializing in handyman..Recent Review:We have been using Terrell to do work for us for the past 12 years - from large remodel jobs, to small plumbing & electrical jobs and have been very happy with the results. Terrell truly is a craftsman who can fix just about anything sometimes requiring creative problem solving in the process. The latest job he did for us was to straighten a 2000 lb. mail box column that was leaning at an increasing rate and in danger of tipping over because of a poor footing. Terrell came up with a creative engineering approach to support the mailbox while pouring a new footing. It involved a two stage process over two weekends and now the mail box is straight and secure. People stopped by continually during the process to admire his engineering. Our mail box column was saved and it looks just like we wanted with no damage to the slate facing. Terrill is very skilled in many areas of building and repair, he's hard working and communicates with you throughout the job. That, coupled with his high standards and his commitment to quality makes him an excellent choice for most any project. At times he can be quite busy, but we always try to wait till he's available, if we can. We trust him to do a quality job at a fair price. We highly recommend Terrell for any job you need doneMichael F.
- Business Description:Hello, I'm Terri Harris and I'm the president and founder of SHEcan2. We are a remodel/repair/design home improvement company. Our services range from fixing that loose towel bar in the hall bath to adding on a new master bedroom suite. We also do rental property maintenance and commercial tenant improvements. We are in the business of seeing your project through your eyes. By listening to your ideas and understanding your budget and time allowances, we're able to better understand how we can..Recent Review:Exceptional team of people. Worked primarily with Kim and Steve for a bathroom re-do. Professional, great communication, always on time and excellent follow-up on any commitment made. The end product was even better than expected. Excellent craftsmanship. Complete demo, new Stall shower and enclosure, bathroom floor, baseboard, etc. Price equaled original bid. Based on my experience, when you find professionals that deliver on everything they promise under their control, you consider yourself fortunate because the selection process is an Art form. I highly recommend SheCan2Gary S.
- Business Description:Harmon Home Inspections is locally owned and operated. We service Sacramento and the Bay Area. We use National Association of Certified Home Inspector standards while providing digital E-reports. We use infrared technology on every inspection at no additional charge. Infrared is non-intrusive and allows us to see behind walls to find plumbing leaks, roof leaks, missing insulation, electrical hot spots and more. Harmon Home Inspections uses the state-of-the-art Home Gauge computer system which..Recent Review:We've decided to move to a different home in our neighborhood and saw good reviews of Harmon Home Inspection. Mr. Harmon scheduled us within one week of calling him and he arrived several minutes before the appointment time. He was very thorough on all areas he could inspect (did not climb onto the roof, but took detailed drone shots and noted some cracked tiles and other areas for which we had a roofing contractor advise us). He used special imaging equipment to verify all the heating and cooling ducts were working, tested all the installed appliances, evaluated the heating and A/C units, opened up the electrical panel and inspected its wiring, tested all of the visible plumbing, and tested all windows / doors. After his inspection, he spent 20-30 minutes w/ us discussing his findings and pointing out some issues. His report came to us 2 days after the inspection (emailed on a Sunday afternoon!) and was very thorough and divided into specific categories (plumbing, electrical, etc.) w/ many photos which detailed his findings by red circles around the items of concern. His electronic report also included a few brief videos w/ commentary. I had emailed him a question about one of the findings on a Sunday evening and he responded by 6:30 am Monday morning. This man's service is excellent, detailed, and well worth the money to provide us w/ peace of mind as well as points to discuss w/ the seller of our new homeRichard L.
- Business Description:Straight Line Construction, founded in 1999, specializing in Roofing, Gutters and Siding. We maintain 14 license classifications allowing us to provide a single point of service and the highest levels of quality. Our 50+ employees have many years of experience and a drive to create Raving FansRecent Review:Wes and Ted were on time and completed all the repairs without any problems. Cleaned up the work area. Straight Line Construction was willing to expedite the process to meet the needs of or house re-fi.Carl L.
- Business Description:Our focus is quality. To meet the needs of our customers and help them in any way we can. We have over 15 years of experience in residential and commercial construction, established on professionalism and cleanliness. We strive to be orderly and efficient, no matter what the project entails.Recent Review:The service was well. I thought they would do the job the whole day but they wrapped it up in a couple of hours. It was a big garage with many things that I haven't used. I would definitely hire them again and I would recommend themDevin N.
- Business Description:GVD Renovations Inc. is a locally owned and operated contractor in Roseville, CA specializing in kitchen & bathroom remodeling and exterior renovation services for homeowners like you! Our objective is to provide high quality kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, window & siding installation services at an affordable price. We put forth a considerable amount of effort in exceeding the expectations of our customers. We have gained a reputation over the years of being honest, trustworthy, an..Recent Review:The project involved replacing/relocating kitchen island plus countertops, backsplash, range hood insert, floor tile, electrical and plumbing for a high end custom home. The project went as planned cradle to grave, noteworthy and impressive considering COVID. GVD said 5 weeks for construction. It took 5 weeks. The design team did a wonderful job rendering our future kitchen allowing us to see [not just imagine] what it will look like both aesthetically and functionally. The construction crew knew their business. Each an expert in his craft. They worked efficiently making big efforts to wall off the rest of the house from the construction area and maintaining a tidy construction area throughout the construction period. Even the 'permit guy' was impressed saying he could not find a code they did not follow to the letter. Bottom line: I would definitely recommend them and will use them again for my next projectRob C.
- Business Description:Drafting & Design, the design process of your new custom home, remodel or addition. Bring your vision to life with us!
- Business Description:I offer a professional design service as a licensed Structural Engineer and licensed Civil Engineer. but can do limited architectural, plumbing and electrical designs. I can have risk and economic management discussions that may affect decision making for prioritizing renovations. I keep some past clients in mind and updated with changing technologies when significant impacts are for seen
- Business Description:A full service general contractor. Residential, commercial and light industrial. New construction and remodel. 35 years of experience.Recent Review:We started this project by searching for a general contractor we could trust and with whom we could work. David had done small jobs for us before such as supervising the replacement of our water heater with an instant heater, but not something as extensive as this. David likes to keep his projects close to his home/office. This worked well for us because he could always get to us withing 15 minutes from his other job sites. David got the competitive bids from subs he had used before and trusted. He said they always knew they had to do good work or he would never use them again. He always took our side in getting any corrections or changes done. <br /> <br /> We gave him our scope of work document, a single page of about a dozen items we wanted done, E.g. Solid wood maple floor, <br /> remove popcorn ceilings, upgrade house LAN to cat6, remove faux stone fire place, install new EPA rated fireplace. We also gave him a sketch and floor plan of the family room. He turned these into jobs for the different subs and put together a proposal with costs for us to revise and finally approve. <br /> <br /> David always kept us informed about timing of work and did a good job of supervising the subcontractors. He met them at the start of each day and checked their work at the end of each day. There was a problem with the work done by one of the workers and he dealt with it promptly getting the sub to send out a more experienced worker. Other than that, all the subcontractors he hired did excellent work. The flooring contractor replaced our floor vents with ones that are flush to the flooring and made nice wood frames to go around them - something that we didn't know to ask for and a very nice touch. The fabricator who did the stone work at the fireplace did excellent work with very tight seams. These subcontractors were selected by David. <br /> <br /> All tools, supplies and debris were cleaned up at the end of each day. When we told him that our grandchildren were visiting on the weekend, he went to extra efforts to make the area safe. <br /> <br /> We originally had told him that we wouldn't need a backing board for the TV mount (which we were installing, not part of the contract). When we discovered that we did need one, he came over to install it the next day so that it could be in place and drywall replaced over it in time to not delay painting. He is willing to go to extra effort to make sure that things work for the client. <br /> <br /> The pricing for the original work was reasonable. Change order pricing was handled very reasonablyBill T.
- Business Description:O’Connor Freeman & Associates, Inc. is an established engineering firm located in Sacramento, California. We provide high quality, reliable and cost effective structural engineering services specializing in residential remodels and additions, custom homes and light commercial buildings. O’Connor Freeman & Associates, Inc. has a proven record of success working with homeowners, contractors and architects and is committed to providing personalized service with attention to detail. We are prou..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Do you have a suspicious support beam in your home with signs of dry rot, water damage, or—dare we say it—termites? The cost to replace a rotted support beam will take all these causes into account, as well as your unique home design.
Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Find structural engineers in
structural engineers in Fair Oaks
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Austin Chase Inspector3319 Julliard Dr A
Sacramento, California 95826
- Austin Chase Inspector
- Build Craft Inc9600 Mira Del Rio
Sacramento, California 95827
- Build Craft Inc
- Harmon Home Inspections4642 Leverett Court
Sacramento, California 95842
- Harmon Home Inspections
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & Engineering8969 Seavey Ln
Loomis, California 95650
- Josh Hinkey PE Construction & Engineering
- New Vista Renovation 5740 Roseville Rd Ste J
Sacramento, California 95842
- New Vista Renovation
- RODRIGUEZ BROTHERS POOL INC1450 SPROULE AVE
Sacramento, California 95811
- RODRIGUEZ BROTHERS POOL INC