If you notice cracks on the walls or if windows and doors are jammed, these could be signs that the foundation is settling. Learn the most common causes of foundation settlement and how to deal with them.
Get matched with top foundation contractors in Richmond, VA
There are 10 highly-rated local foundation contractors.
Recent Foundation Repair Reviews in Richmond
- JES Foundation RepairKevin H and Peter D were both professional. They explained the process and set my expectations. Things actually went a little better than I thought. It was a necessary project and I was happy with the result
- JES Foundation RepairExcellent work and the workers very polite. Everything was done in two days. Clean-up was excellent. Very knowledgeable too.
- Value Dry WaterproofingMy basement only had water come into it once after a downpour, but I definitely had a mold issue downstairs. Any object left in the basement developed mold if mold could possibly develop on that particular material. All other estimates were far cheaper, but the ValueDry presentation was far more professional and the work they proposed to do much more thorough. They give you a sales pitch about how much better their system is, and I recognized it was a sales pitch, but I decided not to take half measures and just get the whole job done. I could have scaled back the extent of the work, however. They gave me a number of options. Before the work started, I had an electrician install an electric outlet in the crawl space, per request of ValueDry. I got what I paid for. They told me in advance that they would be removing two of the four pine paneled walls in the den. They knocked a number of chips in one of the remaining walls and for some reason removed the crown molding on that wall even though they kept the wall. I went through their trashcan and recovered the wooden clothes hanger rack from a den closet and a wood attachment that goes with it. So I suppose that jackhammers and daintiness don't go together, but they got the job done. If you call their office in Baltimore, you may have to leave a message for the right person to call you back, but my calls were answered within a half hour. Here are more details about the job itself. They jackhammered through the concrete floor in three rooms (the family room/den plus bathroom and utility room) in order to install their type of pipe, as well as stone, mudguard, and flow channel. They went around the HVAC system in the utility room. Then they reinstalled the concrete floor. They removed two walls of 1959 pine paneling in order to cover the walls with a vapor barrier. They put the vapor barrier in the crawl space plus crawlspace drainage matting. The installed a closed-cell spray foam insulation vapor barrier in the crawl space. I got a sump well and 1/2 hp sump pump and a new battery back-up pumping system. They installed floor clean-outs, Jet-Kleen drain tile flushing systems. I have a new crawl space door and two EZ Breathe Ventilation Units, one for the basement and the other for the crawl, along with accompanying vents. Whenever I sell the house, I can check this off my list. There is nothing left to do on this issue
- Stable Foundations LLCThe crew was in and out in 3 hours. The work was relatively quiet and not disruptive to those inside the house or to the yard (other than the two holes for the piers)
- JES Foundation RepairIt went very well. Roberto's team came in, very respectful of our home, and work hard each day efficiently and completing their work in a week. The french drain going across the front of our house looks great! The foundation has been stabilized and cracks in our walls either gone or minimized. Roberto, Alan, and Jose worked extremely well together making huge accomplishments each day. They needed to repour the concrete slab on our front porch. The slab is beautiful! That was not luck. They waited long into the evening to ensure the slab was smooth and level! A dedication to perfection! When they were finished, the property was cleaned up, our side walk put back as it originally was (in some places better than it was)
- JES Foundation RepairSmooth, quick and professional. Two days of work in my crawlspace. The engineers worked well into the night to get the job done. I'm very satisfied with their work.
- JES Foundation RepairPerfectly , tech's explained everything and were professional and did a very good job. Would use them again.
- JES Foundation RepairWork was done in a professional manor and on time .There was a problem which they resolved to our satisfaction.
- JES Foundation RepairGave me the information I needed. Didn’t push anything. Gotta respect the honesty of the person who came out.
- JES Foundation RepairI was told what was going on with every step they took. They were very knowledgeable and polite from the salesman to the actual technicians that came and did the job.
Foundation Repair Contractors in Richmond
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:Very good. The work was scheduled and the worker showed up when he said he would and the work was completed very quickly.Linda G.
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:Started out rough but ended very well.Roy N.
- Business Description:Towers Concrete strives to foster the well-being of the entire project team in delivering exemplary construction services which exceed the owner’s expectations in time, value and quality. We are striving to build long-term relationships that will support our client's even after completion of projects. We pride ourselves in our customer service, where we cater to our client's every possible need. Teamwork is the foundation of our company's standardsRecent Review:The service went really well. They were efficient, on time and they take the work seriously. They were a good people and good company. They were friendly. I would recommend them to other people.Jorge O.
- Business Description:Allen Rasnake General Contractor has been in business since 1987 and is locally owned and operated. The owner has over 30 years experience and the crew is owner supervised. They provide residential and commercial services and will provide professional references upon request. Call today to schedule a free estimate for your home improvement needsRecent Review:allen always comes through and never disappointsNancy , George C.
- Business Description:To see what The Drying Co. is doing to protect its employees and customers, go to: https://www.thedryingco.com/about-us/press-release/2037-precautions-taken-by-the-drying-co-to-ensure-the-safety-of-our-customers-employees-during-covid-19-concerns.html. The Drying Co. has been serving Greater Richmond & the Virginia Peninsulas since 2002. We are a Home Performance Contractor specializing in Attics, Basements, and Crawl Spaces. Our goal is to deliver comfortable, energy-efficient, durable, an..Recent Review:Cool hand Luke showed up on Thursday dressed to kill. Crawled under house for 30 minutes and said he would get back to me on Friday with price. Never heard back from him or his lousy company.Richard L.
- Business Description:For more than 60 years, ’58 Foundations has provided the highest-quality basement waterproofing and crawlspace encapsulation solutions for homes and commercial properties. We lead with a promise of Trusted Five-Star Service, which means the customer experience is at the center of everything we do. Since 1958, we have been steadfast in keeping this promise and in upholding the values on which '58 Foundations was built: trust, teamwork, integrity, respect and communication. This comes across in..
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:Great repair and excellent leveling.Gary S.
- Business Description:At Expert House Movers we specialize in Structural Home Elevation, Structural Moving, Foundation Repair including Push Piers/Piles and Shoring! We also are leaders in Flood Mitigation and Flood Prevention. Whether your project is big or small, let the Expert's helpRecent Review:They were wonderful. They did a great job. The knew what they're doing. They were smart and efficient.Lucy C.
- Business Description:Value Dry transforms wet basements & musty crawl spaces into dry, livable or storage space through basement waterproofing & crawl space encapsulation. We have 20+ years of basement waterproofing experience with the best lifetime warranty in the DC/Baltimore area & 10+ years experience in crawl space encapsulation and conditioning. Our services include sump pumps, back up sump pumps, foundation waterproofing, vapor barriers, humidity/ventilation control, outside stairwell drains, window well d..Recent Review:Did a great job installing French drainsPatrick C.
- Business Description:Screened porches, decks, replacement windows, siding, roofing and gutter shutter. We were inducted into the Remodeling BIG50 as of of the nations' top remodelers. We have an A+ BBB rating. Give us a call at 804-346-3300 or go to www.bnwbuilders.com and check out our work
Explore our Solution Center for helpful foundation repair contractor articles
A walk-up basement has stairs leading outdoors rather than the interior of the first floor. Learn the differences between walk-up and walkout basements and whether or not you can add walk-up access without damaging the foundation of your home.
Have you noticed signs your foundation is in trouble? Did your general inspector mention you may have structural issues? It’s time for a structural engineer inspection. Learn about foundation inspections, when to get them and how much they may cost.
Find foundation contractors in
- Bon Air
- Highland Springs
- Glen Allen
- Manakin Sabot
- Colonial Heights
- Fort Lee
foundation contractors in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
- '58 Foundations
- A Class Above Home Rehab12521 Serenity Ct
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Abby Construction Co Inc1319 Lafayette Blvd Ste 100
- Affordable Exterminators and Handyman Services LLCPO Box 1646
- AK Homes2140 Haleford ct.
- all american constuction2231 stratford road
- All Professional Trades, LLC6100 Newington Drive
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- Allen Rasnake General Contractor1713 Old Hundred Road
- American Specialty Construction, LLC5607 Indigo Rd
- ANTIPEST TERMITE & PEST CNTRL3905 HILLTOP FIELD DR
- Atlantic Construction Services13405 Poplar Grove Pl
- AW Masonry & Restoration4232 Oakleys Ct
- A Class Above Home Rehab
- Bedrock Foundation Systems IncPO Box 61691
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Bell Hauling & Construction4317 Three Bridge RD
- BNW Builders8601 Staples Mill Rd.
- Bone-Dry Waterproofing10373 Cedar Ln
Glen Allen, Virginia
- BOSE CONSTRUCTION CO., LLC10221 Krause Rd #2753
- Bradshaw Restorations607 W 25th St
- Bubbas Handyman Service3803 Chamberlayne Ave A3
- Bedrock Foundation Systems Inc
- Capital City Site and Concrete, LLC
- CAPITOL BUILDERS, INC.14341 Sommerville Court
- Commonwealth Moisture & Mold SpecialistP.O. Box 3842
- Concrete Jack3402 Acorn St Suite #202
- CSC Construction Inc16291 Hennessy Way
- Customer Service Enterprise6 maid marion circle
Newport News, Virginia
- Capital City Site and Concrete, LLC
- Genesis Architects and Builders LLC28 Crescent Valley Dr
- Genesis Architects and Builders LLC
- IQ Construction LLC2707 Iverson Road
- IQ Construction LLC
- J & D Construction and Maintenance304 S Brown Street
- James River Concrete Contractors Inc4108 Bremner Blvd
- james river hardscapes7202 Erskine St.
- james river hardscapes755 worsham rd
- Jason The Mason1507 Edenburry Dr
- JES Foundation Repair456 Old Courthouse Rd
- JES Foundation Repair2410 Southland Dr
- JES Foundation Repair2569 Quality Ct
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- J & D Construction and Maintenance
- Maple Creek Contracting, Inc.7222 Rotherham Dr.
- Masonry Contractors6412 Binns Ave
- Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing of VA8382 Terminal Rd Suite B
- Miller Tyme Roofing and Construction, LLC.5509 Pony Farm Drive
- Moisture and Mold Solutions10400 Chester Road
- Maple Creek Contracting, Inc.
- One Son Contracting LLC7000 Courthouse Rd
Providence Forge, Virginia
- One Son Contracting LLC
- Seal-Tite Basement Waterproofing Co355 Olde Rte 604
- Site Rite, LLC.11616 Timberly Waye
- Smith's Home Improvement20217 Landora Bridge Road
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- Spotlight Builders9200 Belcherwood Rd
- Stable Foundations1806 Summit Ave
- Stable Foundations LLC12439 Maple St
- Sterling Unlimited6116 Staples Mill Road
- Stoneworx of Va.4627 Shepherds Rd
- Sustainable Technology Institute Inc2512 W Main St
- Seal-Tite Basement Waterproofing Co
- T Smith LLC1076 Oakland Rd
- The Drying Co236 Industrial Blvd A
- The Whole 9 Yards, LLC19714 Piedmont Ave
S. Chesterfield, Virginia
- Traditional Masonry IncPO Box 805
- Tri-City RestorationPO BOX 751
- Triangle Sealants CorporationPO Box 6128
- Tyson Cleaning and Caregiver Service7556 Prarie Rd.
- T Smith LLC
- Yard Solutions923 Jefferson dr
- Yard Solutions