Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Portland, OR
There are 4 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Portland
- HERITAGE LAND SURVEYING, INC.Bob and his team were fast and efficient. They helped me understand exactly what they were doing and what there markings meant. Very easy and painless process. We now are ready to confidently build our new fence within our property line.
- Reppeto & Associates IncSteve and his crew were super helpful, responsive and did great work for us. Despite being right in the inner SE neighborhoods of Portland, we had a property-line dispute with our neighbors as to who 'owned' an enormous and unruly bay laurel hedge that took up nearly 1/3 of our backyard. On a small lot, this hedge needed to go and we were pretty sure it was entirely located on our property. Unable to find a resolution with our neighbors, we committed to hiring a surveyor and was given Reppeto & Associates as a resource. Steve worked with me on preliminary info before committing to the project, and he and his crew were able to stake the entire property line (and confirmed that the hedge was on our line entirely). This resolution allowed us to have a fence run down two sides of our property. All of our neighbors are thankful to know exactly where the lots lines are. I'd recommend Reppeto & Associates to anyone looking for similar help read less
- Township Surveys LLCI called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee read less
- Northwest Outdoor Living and LandscapesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. We did planning around the house and then whatever time he put in to create the plans. There was no extra cost. I have a gardener so I do that stuff myself. I just wanted some outside help to do the planning. The person was very good, he answered questions, made good suggestions, and he was knowledgeable and professional. It was a Big Deal so I thought it was a bargain read less
- Township Surveys LLCVery well. I received a call about two days after selecting them via Angie's List. The process, cost and potential additional costs were all explained to me before scheduling the job. They were able to schedule the work in about one week from the request. The two-person crew did an excellent job--their commitment to thoroughness and accuracy was evident read less
- Township Surveys LLCThey were decent. It was expensive, but everybody was that expensive. It felt like a lot of money to pay for that, but from what we were told from more people than just them, that because no one near us had done one in a long, long time that is why is cost more. I would recommend them. They were professional. They showed up a day earlier than they told me that they would. I would use them again. They did a good job and they put the line markers like we asked, so they paid attention to detail. Their scheduling was a little bit bad, like I didn't get a heads up that they were coming a day early. The workers I came in contact with were polite and professional. I gave them an overall A because of price and responsiveness to what we had asked for read less
- Township Surveys LLCOur neighbor was planning to sell a property adjacent to ours. Some 30-40 years prior, the boundary between the properties had been established through another surveyor in an ambiguous manner. At that time the prior surveyor based his conclusions on a fence along the neighbor's property, by asking all the neighbors to confirm that fence constituted the property boundary; and when all neighbors agreed to this, he used that fence as the basis for the property boundary "established" under his surgery. This boundary survey placed a notch in that boundary line based on the fence and the corner markers of the property, while the original property line had been straight. We received the name of Township Surveys, LLC in Oregon City with expertise in Clackamas County. Our property had never been surveyed since it had been purchased around 1930. The proprietor from Township offered to establish a Boundary Line Agreement with our neighbor who was selling the property; for a few hundred dollars more, her offered to survey all our property borders for the first time. We offered to cover the cost of the survey, and the owner then spoke with our neighbor, explaining that establishing the Boundary Line Agreement was to their advantage for the pending sale of the property. Township Survey, LLC has excellent credentials. The owner has been on the the State Advisory Board of Surveyors, and impressed us with a high level of expertise in his profession. We hired them, and he sent staff to establish markers and tie them to existing markers. They were very thorough and spent many weeks before completing the survey. Then they presented it to us and we had the Boundary Agreement ratified together with our neighbor. The property parcel has been sold and thus the new house to be built will not encroach on our property. Further with their expertise the owner would be qualified to defend his decisions to the Land Board if required. We Recommend Township Survey, LLC without reservations read less
- Township Surveys LLCMy husband and I could not have gone through the battle with our neighbor without Lee Sprugeon?s help. I don?t say that lightly. Lee has been our pillar of strength. He?s helped us face our fears as we?ve been fighting to save our property. His bullet-proof survey, historic research and courtroom experience is valuable. Our neighbor?s lawsuit against us is still a work in progress. As of this writing, our neighbor?s complaint against us is dismissed as a result of their inability to claim any ownership to our property. This is as a result of Lee?s thorough research and survey. Lee is a kind man who is extremely knowledgeable of Oregon?s property laws, able to explain complex issues in layman?s terms and willingly leads you through the surveying process. He keeps himself current on all aspects of surveying, he?s licensed and certified and is currently the 2013 Chairman of the Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon Association. I?d also like to mention, when we found it necessary to hire an attorney after our neighbors filed a civil lawsuit against us, Lee recommended our attorney; she?s amazing! Thank you Lee; we could not go through what we have faced without you read less
- Township Surveys LLCThe process has been a real pain in the pinfeathers, but certainly not because of Love Land Surveys. Lee was prompt and explained everything. In the end, I realized there was no point in spending nearly $2,000 to survey a property line just to build a $900 fence, so I decided to just let it be. Lee was exceptionally honest, knowledgeable, and forthright. So even though I did not do the work, I remain very appreciate of his honesty and professionalism read less
- Township Surveys LLCI contacted Township Surveys because I was going to need their services for a lot line move. Their quote was the lowest I found and Lee was very knowledgeable and helpful over the phone and via email. Our first project fell through so we didn't end up needing the survey but we then revised our plans but couldn't figure out if they were actually feasible and Lee was kind enough to give me some advice in making that determination before we spent thousands on a survey. That is good business and I will use them in a second the next time we need a surveyor. I will recommend them to others any chance I get read less
Land Surveyors in Portland
- Business Description:Reppeto & Associates, Inc. is a well-established and respected land surveying company that has provided services in the Portland and surrounding areas since 1971. John Reppeto founded the company in 1971 and continued ownership until 1998. He sold the business to Steve Buckles at the end of 1998, who has maintained ownership and operation of the company to the present time. Steve is licensed in Oregon and Washington and has over 32 years of experience providing many types of surveys in Oregon.. read lessRecent Review:Steve and his crew were super helpful, responsive and did great work for us. Despite being right in the inner SE neighborhoods of Portland, we had a property-line dispute with our neighbors as to who 'owned' an enormous and unruly bay laurel hedge that took up nearly 1/3 of our backyard. On a small lot, this hedge needed to go and we were pretty sure it was entirely located on our property. Unable to find a resolution with our neighbors, we committed to hiring a surveyor and was given Reppeto & Associates as a resource. Steve worked with me on preliminary info before committing to the project, and he and his crew were able to stake the entire property line (and confirmed that the hedge was on our line entirely). This resolution allowed us to have a fence run down two sides of our property. All of our neighbors are thankful to know exactly where the lots lines are. I'd recommend Reppeto & Associates to anyone looking for similar help read lessAndy M.
- Business Description:Township Surveys, LLC, formerly Love Land Surveys Inc., has been providing expert land surveying services for commercial and residential customers in the Portland Metro area and throughout Northwestern Oregon continuously since 1975. Services include land partitions, property line adjustments, boundary surveys, boundary line agreement surveys, topographical surveys, ALTA/ACSM commercial surveys, FEMA flood certificates, legal descriptions, and more. We can also guide our clients through city .. read lessRecent Review:I called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee read lessChrista L.
- Business Description:Currently we employ Two licensed land surveyor's covering the state of Oregon. We specialize in the retracement of property lines of record as well as records of surveys that would become of public record if requested. Most of our staff have been involved in the surveying profession since the mid 1970' read lessRecent Review:Bob and his team were fast and efficient. They helped me understand exactly what they were doing and what there markings meant. Very easy and painless process. We now are ready to confidently build our new fence within our property line read lessMelissa W.
- Business Description:Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes (All Natural Landscape) is a licensed, bonded, and insured landscape service company serving the greater Portland and SW Washington areas. With over 20 years of Northwest landscaping experience, you can count on our professional care and attention to detail. Award winning read lessRecent Review:Bret and his team built us a covered patio and fireplace (and more). The result is beyond our wildest expectations! The crew was so great throughout the project. Everyone was such a craftsman and treated this project like they were building it for themselves. They listened to our ideas and made them come to life in a way that was better than we had envisioned. Cannot recommend highly enoug read lessMarla H.
- Business Description:Haner, Ross & Sporseen has been in business since 1947, over 64 years. Licensed and registered professionals in Oregon, Washington, California, and Montana providing services to commercial, residential and municipal clients read less
- Business Description:Tualatin Valley Concrete is a general contractor providing single stop service from land survey to land development and construction services. Our estimators develop cost plans for street/city services to home or business connections excavation to construction and ground breaking to finish work services. Fully licensed, bonded and insured Tualatin Valley Concrete is your best friend in construction services read lessRecent Review:Provided sent up an employee with no supervision or direction. He elected to clear our lot when we did not ask for that work to be done and we had stakes in the ground that they removed without permission. He did remove the trees as asked but then some of the wood disappeared. He then did our dig out for our septic in the wrong place at the wrong depth. Had to fill in all of the dig-out and hire a new company to do our septic. He then applied a lien to our property to muscle us into paying him for work that was shoddy or not performed. <br / read lessMarla M.
- Business Description:Woman owned business
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Buying a new home, designing a new addition, or dreaming up a new fence? Hiring a land surveyor is an important step for many big projects. Check out how much a property survey costs and how to budget for this important professional.
Find land surveyors in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
land surveyors in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advanced Timber & Fire Company, LLC.11048 SW Greenburg RD Unit 140
- ALL COUNTY SURVEYORS & PLANNERS INCPO BOX 955
- ANDY PARIS AND ASSOCIATES16057 BOONES FERRY RD
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Applied Archaeological Research, Inc.4001 NE Halsey St. Suite 3
- Autumn Leaf Landscaping LLCPO Box 265
Saint Paul, Oregon
- Advanced Timber & Fire Company, LLC.
- Design Resource GroupPO Box 4004
- Design Resource Group
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture9527 SW Brooklyn Ln
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture
- G2 Associates, Inc.2705 E Burnside Street Suite 212
- GAYLORD LAND SURVEYING INC14909 SE Linden Ln
- GEODESIGN15575 SW SEQUOIA PKWY STE 100
- GEOPACIFIC ENGINEERING INC14835 SW 72nd Ave
- GLOBAL ENGINEERING LAND SURVEYING AND PLANNING COM7929 SE 106th Ave
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc6107 SW Murray Blvd
- G2 Associates, Inc.
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes16796 SE Royer Rd
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes
- Permit-It, LLCPO Box 998
- Permit-It, LLC
- Statewide Land Surveying43RD NW Ava Ave
- Statewide Land Surveying
- Venture Properties Inc.4230 Galewood St Suite 100
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Venture Properties Inc.
- Wanderlight Media12655 SW Center Street Suite #430
- Wanderlight Media
- ZTEC ENGINEERS3880 SE 8th Ave Ste 280
- ZTEC ENGINEERS