What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Get matched with top excavators in Portland, OR
There are 94 highly-rated local excavators.
Recent Excavating Reviews in Portland
- HARDLINE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION INCHardline Construction did an excellent job building our new addition from beginning to end. From the start, Adam (the owner) asked more questions during the quoting process than any other contractor, wanted to look at every nook and corner to make sure nothing was missed and answered every question we had during the entire project. He kept us up to date on when work would start, had already pre-positioned supplies on-site so work could begin as soon as permits were issued, and did the work in a timely manner while respecting our privacy and keeping us informed of progress. We are very pleased with him and his crew's work and would recommend them for any construction project, and already have. Also, he and his crew love dogs read less
- GWC Decorative ConcreteGWC is flat out amazing. The entire crew is very nice, and exceedingly talented / professional. The completely overhauled my backyard and front walk way / steps and I couldn't be happier with the quality of their work.
- Milton Cleanup & MoreWe recently had a backyard project and hired Milton to do the job. We had 15 yards of dirt and mulch added to our backyard. He and his crew were great ! He was in by 8AM and done by 3PM. He is very good about communication. We had to email several times because WE needed to postpone the date. There was no problem with rescheduling. His team was fast, efficient, and clean. They used the blower and swept our driveway, so there was hardly a trace left. We would definitely hire Milton again in the futur read less
- Spearhead constructionI wanted to install a large paver patio in my backyard. After getting quite a few quotes for the full install I realized the full install was out of my budget. I decided to get some quotes to get the area excavated and to do the paver patio install myself. Jordan from Spearhead Construction came out and walked the area and had a quote back to me within a day. His quote was the best of the lot and fit my budget. I scheduled immediately and he was out within two weeks and got the excavation and gravel base laid over a weekend. The grading and excavating was perfect and it made the patio install go quickly. Going this route I was able to do the job for a quarter of the cost of going the full install route. If I ever need any other excavation jobs done in the future Jordan at Spearhead Construction will be my first call read less
- Artistic LandscapesWe hired Robert and his team to completely reform our backyard after seeing his work on our neighbor’s backyard. After meeting with us for an initial consult, Robert developed a plan that integrated everything we wanted including more patio space, a hot tub lagoon, fire pit area, space for a shed, water feature, and a level yard area with new sod. They also did a great job planting three huge palm trees and several other privacy trees. Throughout the process Robert and his team were able to adapt to our wishes and new ideas. Team was great to work with, paid incredible attention to detail, and did great work! I’ve already recommended Robert and his team to several of my neighbors and will continue to recommend them to anybody who needs landscaping work done on their house read less
- Rose City Concrete LLCRichard went over and above installing my driveway. He knew City of Portland code and was very reasonable on price, and quality of his work was superior. He also set 5 beams for my patio cover while he was there which was not included in bid. This company was the best contractor experience I've ever had and I have hired many contractors so I speak from experience. This contractor does more than driveways and is very experienced in his knowledge. He was always on time and his crew was fast, accurate, and timely. My driveway and patio cover are beautiful. I will hire Richard and his team on every construction job I have in the future and I know I will not have to worry about any of the details of the job, I can actually relax and leave it all up to Richard. Thanks Richard you were delightful and trustworthy read less
- Signature Plumbing ServicesWe called Signature Plumbing because we are now one of their very satisfied customers. This company re-piped our whole home a year ago and we were just extremely happy with their professionalism and customer service. I trust this company so much now I don't even seek out other bids. I know dealing with this company I'm going to be charged fairly and will receive excellent work. Having a company like Signature that has your back gives you peace of mind read less
- D & F Plumbing CoOzzy, Eric and team did an amazing job and their professionalism and attention to detail are top notch. These guys worked hard and did it right.
- Ted Rudiger Excavation IncTed exceeded our expectations. We hired Ted to create a flat backyard and RV parking on our sloped property. Watching him excavate and move boulders with his equipment was like watching someone use a bionic arm to perform surgery. He removed our existing boulder wall, moved tons of dirt, and rebuilt the wall better than before, with little room for him to maneuver his equipment. We also had Ted dig trenches and remove part of our concrete foundation with great care to not damage the rest. He's talented, precise, creative, committed to do a good job and really pleasant to work with. We're extremely happy and highly recommend him read less
- D & F Plumbing CoThis was a hard-working crew, putting in extra hours when necessary. They are professional and friendly and arrive on time ready to work. Special kudos to Randy, Nick and Ben for going the extra mile.
Excavators in Portland
- Business Description:Makana Trucking and Excavation Inc. Warren, OR, 97053 (503) 351-2434 Makana Trucking and Excavation Inc. is offering Dirt Moving, Excavating, Dump Truck, Truckload Service, All kinds of Haul Service, Hauling Service and Dump Truck Hauling in Warren, OR. Call us now for Free Estimates! Dump Disposal Service St Helens, OR; Scappoose, OR; Columbia City, OR; Deer Island, OR; North Plains, OR Dump Disposal, Dump Truck Service, Waste Disposal, Garbage Collection Service, Waste Removal Services http.. read lessRecent Review:Matt provided great customer service. Completed the job earlier them expected and on budget.Chad T.
- Business Description:Versatile Bobcat Solutions is licensed, bonded and insured. We have over 25 years experience in specialty Bobcat services such as landscape prep and land clearing work. We’ve worked on large scale projects such as concrete demolition for mechanical contractors as well as large area, steep terrain brush cutting. We also specialize in small scale projects for home owners such as gravel driveway repair, concrete demo, arena tilling, brush cutting, and many more projects. Versatile Bobcat Sol.. read less
- Business Description:Penney Excavating LLC is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests and make their concerns the basis of our business read lessRecent Review:Wonderful. Great customer service and job well done.Austin L.
- Business Description:Outback Excavating is a family-owned, full-service Excavating company based in Canby, Oregon. The Schmidt family has owned and operated the company since 2005 with George Schmidt and worked primarily out of Central Oregon. With George’s retirement, his son Chris stepped in to take over the reins and hasn’t looked back since, although George still helps out with projects as he can. Between the two Schmidts, there is over 50 years of excavating experience on the Outback Excavating team. From j.. read lessRecent Review:Very knowledgeable, and very willing to share his knowledge. He did a lot for me without charging.Larry C.
- Business Description:When you need a professional excavator, you can count on the highly experienced contractors at The Excavators, LLC. For many years, we have been offering customers all throughout the Portland Metro area the best in excavating services. As a third generation family owned and operated company, we place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We also do sewer repair. There are so many options today for sewer repair in Portland. With trenchless repairs, traditional, and others, going through t.. read less
- Business Description:Ted Rudiger Jr. Excavation has been in business since 1952 and is a third generation family owned company. We serve the demolition and excavating needs of the Portland metro area providing full excavation, demolition, site work, sewer lines, concrete work, ponds and waterfalls. Payment 1/2 down, final down due upon completion of project. We do take credit cards read lessRecent Review:Ted exceeded our expectations. We hired Ted to create a flat backyard and RV parking on our sloped property. Watching him excavate and move boulders with his equipment was like watching someone use a bionic arm to perform surgery. He removed our existing boulder wall, moved tons of dirt, and rebuilt the wall better than before, with little room for him to maneuver his equipment. We also had Ted dig trenches and remove part of our concrete foundation with great care to not damage the rest. He's talented, precise, creative, committed to do a good job and really pleasant to work with. We're extremely happy and highly recommend him read lessAndrea G.
- Business Description:Our mission at Sewer Renewal Specialists, LLC is simple: to provide high-quality sewer services for our valued clients. Through the newest noninvasive technologies, open communication and exceptional service, we hope you’ll find what you’re looking for with our Sewer Renewal Services. We have over 15 years of sewer repair and construction management background with our sole focus on customer satisfaction read lessRecent Review:If you ever need any kind of plumbing resolution whether it be a minor or major problem, do not hesitate for even a minute to contact this company: Sewer Renewal Specialists out of Tigard, Oregon. I contacted them yesterday and am so grateful that I did. This company was phenomenal is diagnosing and fixing my plumbing problem which had caused a flood in my basement area. As busy as plumbers traditionally are on Monday mornings, the owner of the company himself, David Hefley, after listening to the desperation in my voice mail message, came to my house and immediately began to resolve the issue. I have never seen anyone move so quickly and purposefully to find and repair the problem so that my house could once again be completely restored for use of all plumbing. David is a smart, analytical person who works at lightning speed while being able to think, converse and act effectively to get the job done. He also has a great sense of humor, something that I think is an asset for the line of work he does! I bet there will come a time that most homeowners like myself will require the help of a professional plumber to step in and get a problem fixed. You don't have to look any further and just call this company. You will be happily relieved that you did read lessPat F.
- Business Description:D & F Plumbing has an entire staff of dedicated journeyman plumbers for all your plumbing needs. Serving homeowners and business owners in Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA and all surrounding cities since 1927. We're here for you 24/7! Licensed, bonded, insured and safety-oriented. On-site diagnosis and estimates. Top quality equipment and durable brand-name parts. Call today for local plumbing advice or to schedule your service! License #CCB#465 & WA #CCDAE DFPLU 339N8 and WBE#740 read lessRecent Review:This was a new company in this day and age of the shortage of licensed plumbers, but we got an appointment within 4 days. Phil arrived promptly, looked over our entire system and gave very clear and honest explanations of all. He then offered 3 quotes and we chose the one we thought best, and he performed the work. We are extremely happy with the result and would recomment D & F read lessCHRISTINE Z.
- Business Description:All Around Plumbing & Construction LLC is a family owned business with over 25 years experience. We can help you with any of your plumbing projects. Our #1 goal is 100 % Customer Satisfaction. (We accept cash, check, all major credit cards and debit read lessRecent Review:THEY CAME OUT ON MONDAY AND CHECKED OUT WHAT NEEDED FIXED, CALLED BACK LATER WITH PRICE. CAME BACK TUESDAY AND COMPLETED THE WORK IN A TIMELY AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER. WILL USE AGAIN.Lonnie L.
- Business Description:Are you in need of sewer repair? Do you have standing water in your crawlspace, a soggy yard, wet basement, broken or clogged roof drains or driveway puddles? Do you need a new dry well, french drain or just some grading? Check out our website to see how we can help you or just give us a call. We can set up an appointment for a free estimate to give you a professional evaluation of your drainage needs. Drainage Masters will give you an effective plan of action, quality work and competitive pr.. read lessRecent Review:Our basement flooded in January 2021. Drainage Master was one of 3 estimates we obtained. Seth inspected the situation and suggested and exterior drainage system The our two estimates we for interior systems with a sump pump. The other two companies would not provide an estimate for and exterior system. Also the estimate did not include the cost to repair damage the installation of an interior system would do to a finished basement. The crew was great the foreman answered all of our questions the job was done on time and in budget. I would highly recommend them read lessGeorge W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Call 811 before you dig in order dig safe. One call two days ahead of work can prevent injury and potentially expensive damage to underground utility lines.
Find excavators in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
excavators in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & B Septic Service101 41st Ave SE
- A 1 Demolition, Hauling & Site Clean UpPO Box 1229
- A AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SERVICE LLCPO BOX 818
- A Better Carpenter LLC12935 SW Butner Rd
- A ROOTER MAN12184 EHALEN RD NE
- A TO Z EXCAVATION1410 SE 88TH ST
- A&E Construction27602 NE 28th St
- A.S.E Excavating, LLC26450 OR-224
Eagle Creek, Oregon
- AAA Cleaning15559 s Neibur rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Ability Plus Drainage CoP.O. Box 80897
- Above & Beyond Restoration LLCP.O BOX 524
- ACCURATE CONCRETE CUTTING6816 NE 40th Ave Ste A
- ACGreen Excavating1104 Washington St
Oregon City, Oregon
- Action Paving IncPO Box 1575
Brush Prairie, Washington
- Advanced Timber & Fire Company, LLC.11048 SW Greenburg RD Unit 140
- Aesthetic Environments6986 SE Drake Street
- Affordable Ponds LLC6400 NE hwy 99 suite G321
- All About Deck & More LLC1208 Hillsdale Dr
- All around plumbing & Construction llc47899 W 2nd St
- ALL NATURES CONSTRUCTION, INC7500 NE 299th St.
Battle Ground, Washington
- All Service Construction & MaintenancePO Box 90666
- ALL SERVICE PAINTINGPO BOX 90666
- All Services Construction535 E Main St
- All Terrain Inc dba Cascade Septic Tank Service15150 SE 262nd Ave
- All-Ways on the Level Residential Remodeling3826 SE 60th Ave.
- ALLIANCE Landscape 31675 SW Tongue Ln
- Aloha Design And Concrete3417 SE 162nd Ave
- Alpha Environmental Services Inc11080 SW Allen Blvd Ste 100
- American Mastercraft dba Inn His Service6503 NE 94th Ave
- American Plumbing Services LP5623 SE Center St
- Apollo Drain & Rooter Service853 NE Harlow Pl
- Applied Archaeological Research, Inc.4001 NE Halsey St. Suite 3
- Arbor Tech NW Tree Care LLC19915 NE Halsey St
- ARMAC GENERAL CONTRACTORS2000 NE 42ND STE 178
- Artistic Landscapes10670 SW Black Diamond Way
- Ask A ContractorPO Box 143
- A & B Septic Service
- B&B Excavating LLC451 SW 8th Ave
Mill City, Oregon
- B&G Excavation and Plumbing LLC4241 SE 136th Ave
- BANR Enterprises LLCPO Box 1358
- Bateman Construction4991 SW Nevada Ct
- BELL CONSTRUCTION INCPO Box 694
Forest Grove, Oregon
- Ben Muffett Forestry13107 S. Thomas Rd
- Best In Concrete Services8821 N Peninsular Ave
- Betts Concrete Inc23502 SE Shady View Ln
Eagle Creek, Oregon
- Bigfoot NW Construction14312 SE Cedar Ave
- BJ REX CONSTRUCTION6485 SW 201ST AVE
- Bjorn's Tree Service8050 NW Roy Rd
- Black Rock Underground LLC267 NE 34th Pl
- Blue Lake Construction, LLC9020 SW Washington Square Road 350
- BORING BARK30265 SE HWY 212
- Boulder Ridge Land Clearing and Excavation895 Chestnut St
- BR Moore Construction18201 Nw Heritage Pkwy
- Brandon Cote construction222 vision dr
- Breunig Construction Inc.14360 SE Haze Ct.
- Bruce Johnson Construction LLC14330 SE Orient Dr
- Buildings-4-u.com18750 S. Henrici Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- BURFITT PLUMBING INC16013 NE 81st Street
- Butler Built Custom5115 NE Mason Ct
- BYRNE CUSTOM REMODELING555 S. DOUGLAS ST.
- B&B Excavating LLC
- C & T LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCEPO BOX 7399
- C G GREDVIG, INC. TRUCKING20282 SW INGLIS DR
- C&E EXCAVATING & MICROBORING CO45090 SW Knight Rd
- CAD Construction LLC4220 NE 122nd Ave
- CARVER ROCK16051 SE HIGHWAY 224
- CASCADE NORTHWEST CONSTRUCTION801 E Main St
- CC BROS TRUCKING LLC3214 SE 172ND AVE Killingsworth In Portland
- CEDAR RIDGE HOMES1905 SW 257TH AVE
- Chris Cory Excavating7925 S Zimmerman Rd
- Cirlincione Construction LLC17425 SW Ivy Glen Dr
- Cliffs Concrete Svc5725 SE Reedway St
- Clog Busters LLC2900 SW Cornelius Pass Rd Suite 549
- Clog Pro Plumbing And Drain12511 NE Fourth Plain Blvd
- CN Contractors, LLC4981 Wind Stone Way NE
- CNW CONSTRUCTION INC.15140 SE 82nd Dr. Suite 200
- COHABIT DESIGN & CONSTRUCT13122 NE Rose Pkwy
- Columbia NW, Inc.5414 NE 101ST CIR
- Construction Creations12420 SW Alberta St.
- Contour Excavation LLC17607 sw cederview way
- Cornel's Plumbing5235 SW 153rd Ave
- CORY PLATT & SONS15953 SW DIVISION ST
- Cowles Custom Remodel LLC2129 Willamina Ave
Forest Grove, Oregon
- CR WOODS TRUCKING & EXCAVATION INCPO BOX 1488
- Cravenho Construction & Building1420 McDonald St NE
- Creation Development Inc.12700 NE 81st St
- Creative Fences & Decks Inc23300 SW Stafford Hill Dr
West Linn, Oregon
- CRESTWELL CONSTRUCTION23302 S ENGSTROM RD P.O.Box 517
- CRETEC CONCRETE LLC11947 NE BRAZEE ST
- Crino Custom Homes L.L.C.4888 NW Bethany Blvd K5 #314
- Cutting Edge Contracting Inc.14407 NE 13th Ave Ste 112
- CYRUS CONSTRUCTION INCORPERATED443 NE NORTON LN
- C & T LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE
- D & F Plumbing Co12007 NE 95th St
- D&J Remodeling20672 NW Quail Hollow dr
- Dan's Top Notch Heating & Cooling594 C St
- Daniel D Roth Construction9907 SE Amherst St
- Danshap Landscaping7800 ne 103rd ave
- DAVE WHITMORE EXCAVATING INC15550 NE KINCAID RD
- Daybreak Construction11222 NE 339th St
La Center, Washington
- DC BUILDING SERVICES35645 SE DUNN RD
- DC Sewers LLCP.O. Box 1716
- DECOMMISSIONS NORTHWEST LLC4935 NE 91ST AVE
- D & F Plumbing Co