Earle and Linda Beaty talk with Angie's List Magazine about why some homeowners have septic tanks, how they prepare to install them
Get matched with top septic system services in Pittsburgh, PA
There are 13 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Pittsburgh
- Pillar To Post Zamiska TeamVery professional, detailed, and reasonably priced for their services. I would definitely recommend their services.
- TNT ExcavationI recently had my sewer line tap in done by TNT excavating. They completed the project just as they had scheduled it, leaving my property in excellent shape. The quote they gave was very reasonable and they even did more than I had originally contracted. I would highly recommend them for any excavating work that needs done
- Stahl Plumbing And DrainDavid was prompt, professional and determined to do the job right! Our basement was taking in water so the service was urgent. He worked very hard in the rain and he remained pleasant.
- MILO SERVICES MSWe solicited bids from a three contractors for converting a garage to an apartment for an elderly retiring pastor. Keeping costs down, while maintaining a beautiful result was essential. Milo's bid was over what we wanted to spend, but the lowest of the three. He agreed to take on the project and work to lower costs at all points, allowing us to do part of the work to save money. He wanted to help and this is what made us select him. Milo needed to bring in water, septic, electricity, and gas to the garage. He constructed walls for kitchen, bath, and bedroom. He did lighting, plumbing, heating, ac, drywall, built in bookshelves and bed. Basically, he created a complete house in miniature working from a very simple drawing (donated services!) by our architect (Mimi Jong of MLJ Architects--also fantastic!) Milo Services-- Milo, his father Clyde, and Billy Domhoff (electrician) created a first class team: incredibly friendly, a joy to greet each morning, excellent craftsmen. They worked seamlessly together helping each other out, creatively resolving unforeseen problems. We have worked with numerous contractors and have been burned by shoddy work, unethical behavior, nonpayment of subcontractors, etc. Finally, we have found the best. We only wish we could give Milo Services a higher rating
- MILO SERVICES MSI had a hot water tank ruin my finished basement. I was lucky to get ahold of Milo the same morning and by the afternoon they had demo'd the entire basement and already started the process to get reimbursed from my insurance company. Milo was a huge help in getting my basement restored correctly and quickly. He came back multiple times to review the progress and make sure that there weren't any mold or mildew issues in the space
- ECONOMY SEPTIC SERVICEEconomy Septic was quick to respond, even doing the job a day earlier than expected. They are professional, efficient & responsible. I have hired before for routine septic service & would definitely hire again.
- Hapchuk IncVery professional. Reasonable price. Didn't try to pressure us into unnecessary services. Highly recommend them!!!!!
- Hapchuk IncWe used Hapchuk's for a septic system inspection for a home we were under contract with. We only had a few days to get the inspection in and they made time to get us scheduled. The inspection was thorough and they pointed out many issues with the septic system. Based on the inspection, we decided to get out of the contract. Hapchuks probably saved us from a lot of anguish in the future
- ECONOMY SEPTIC SERVICEThis company is amazing!!!!!! Fabulous people who know what they’re doing and really care about the job they do.
- Hapchuk IncIt went very well. They answered all of my questions. Had a communication problem and had to call twice, other than that the service was great.
Last update on January 15, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Pittsburgh, PA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
A septic distribution box (D-box) is an essential part of your septic system. Find out how much a replacement costs if you need a new one.
Chicago homeowners with septic systems who perform annual maintenance can avoid costly backups.
Find septic tank services in
Septic Tank Contractors in Pittsburgh, PA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A ABLE BAKERSTOWN SANITATION102 TWINBROOK RD
Valencia, Pennsylvania 16059
- A-AFFORDABLE SANITATION425 FITZ HENRY RD
Smithton, Pennsylvania 15479
- Alliance Plumbing & Property Repair3128 Millers Run Rd.
Cecil, Pennsylvania 15321
- American Home Guard Home Warranty1515 Market St Ste 1200
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
- A ABLE BAKERSTOWN SANITATION
- ECONOMY SEPTIC SERVICE535 PARK QUARRY ROAD
Freedom, Pennsylvania 15042
- ECONOMY SEPTIC SERVICE
- Kennihan Plumbing & Heating530 Steiner Bridge Rd
Valencia, Pennsylvania 16059
- Kennihan Plumbing & Heating
Septic tank companies that service Pittsburgh
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.