Before you build, you need to pour a concrete slab. The cost of a concrete slab depends on a number of factors, including thickness, size, labor, and type of slab. Use this guide as your concrete cost calculator to find out what you’ll expect to pay.
Get matched with top foundation contractors in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 10 highly-rated local foundation contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Foundation Repair Reviews in Grand Rapids
- Kent Home ServicesI regret calling this company. I have attached two pictures, try and guess which one was before and which one is after me spending $650. 1. I brought them out to do a poly lift and fill for the slab leading up to my porch and the area under the porch. I needed two things done, bolstering and filling the space under my porch to prevent damage to my porch or foundation, and I needed them to fix the giant crack between my porch and sidewalk. I was told in the estimate this was all doable. We agree that they will lift and poly fill the four slabs leading up to my porch so it is even, and they will fill and bolster under the porch itself. 2. I pay the deposit, half of the total cost, up front to begin work. The day comes and I let the guys know I would love to see what it looks like when it's done, give me a knock on the door and I'll come check it out. They leave without telling me, which should have been my first red flag, and I go to check out their work. Had they not drilled a dozen ugly holes 1-2" wide in my sidewalk and porch, which I was told would be no bigger than a dime, I would not have even known they were here. 3. We go back and forth for another 2 weeks discussing what will be done to remedy this, and they end up sending another guy out to add more material underneath the porch, which I was appreciative of at the time, but when he left I once again could not tell that anything was even done. I still have a huge gap under my porch, the giant crack is still there, and now I have a dozen patched holes leading up to my house as a daily reminder not to call Kent Home Services again. 4. After further discussion over what can be done to remedy this, they tell me that they are unable to perform the job as agreed upon, will be wiping the remainder of my bill (something I appreciate, but had I known the end result I would never have called them and would have just bought 2 bags of Quickrete and done the job myself for a fraction of the cost and time), and we will be done talking about it. 5. On top of this, they took my fancy hose nozzle with them and left me with my standard hose nozzle. This isn't even a big deal to me, it's $25, but it's the principle of it. When questioned about this they told me that the foreman took a look around and they couldn't find it. This was the last communication I received from them. Again, I implore you to try and guess which picture is before and which is after. If you can easily tell, and have several unused hose nozzles laying around, then Kent Home Services is the company for you. If you can't tell, neither can I, but you didn't have to spend $650 to figure that out
- Foundation Specialist LLCI'm selling a home in Holland. The appraiser noticed a crack in the poured concrete foundation and asked for further investigation by a licensed foundation expert. Bryan Foster showed up promptly, provided a written report that confirmed no settlement, bowing or water intrusion, and charged a fair price. I didn't need or ask for an estimate, but Mr. Foster provided one free. I appreciate that the estimate was separate from the inspection report
- City BasementCity Basement is top notch. Timely response to quote, reasonable quote, on schedule work, quality work, complete clean-up. A joy to do business with.
- Ellis Brick and BlockProject started as a 'basic' house lift, but original construction technique prevented easy or basic wall extension. Panic (on my part) set in after seeing the damage to the foundation and not knowing how it could possibly be fixed. Two companies recommended Mr. Ellis, and I'm very glad they did. His knowledge and skills as well as his calm, one step at a time demeanor helped my panic subside. He answered many questions, helped me improve some processes, and rebuilt our broken masonry in short order. I look forward to working with him again
- Stay Dry Basement Waterproofing IncStay Dry was quick and professional. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable . I couldn't believe how well and fast the actual process went. I was very pleased with their work.
- Stay Dry Basement Waterproofing IncThe advice we received was accurate and we were able to have the foundation repaired with very little money.
- Foundation Specialist LLCExcellent response time - came when they said they would. did high quality work. workmen were polite and it was obvious they were skilled at their job. job was completed on time and to my satisfaction. No issues at all - would recommend to any one who needs basement work done for a dry basement or for cement work
- Georgetown Waterproofing IncEverything went really well. The estimator came out and was very informative and thorough. We booked it and the cree that came out to repair it did an awesome job. They were right on time and very efficient.
- Foundation Specialist LLCThey were thorough, professional and very detailed. Report came back to me quickly. I also checked the reviews on their website and the BBB and all were A's.
- Kent Home ServicesWhen I called Kent, Rick Silvis was able to meet me at my house on my lunch. He quickly found our problem and had an estimate to me and my insurance company the next day. Once we had authorization from insurance they were able to start work within the week. It took them 2 days, and when they left it looked as good as new. I am very impressed with the work they did
Last update on October 25, 2022
Foundation Repair Contractors in Grand Rapids
Explore our Solution Center for helpful foundation repair contractor articles
Avoid danger after your home suffers earthquake damage. Read these tips on cleanup, recovery and how to find the right help after disaster strikes.
Conventional wisdom suggests that installing foundation vents will keep your home dry. But it turns out that foundation vents may not work and instead draw in moisture from outside, leading to mold and mildew.
Find foundation contractors in
- East Grand Rapids,
- Comstock Park,
- Plainfield Township,
foundation contractors in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- B-Dry System of Central & West Michigan Inc922 Eden Rd
Mason, Michigan 48854
- Bluebird CFW4590 Whittum Rd
Eaton Rapids, Michigan 48827
- Bob's Ext Contract Inc.8817 N 39 Th St
AUGUSTA, Michigan 49012
- Bradfield Home Improvement and Remodeling LLC1107 South Griffin St
Grand Haven, Michigan 49417
- Busscher's Septic Tank & Excavating Service, Inc11305 E Lakewood Blvd
Holland, Michigan 49424
- B-Dry System of Central & West Michigan Inc
- Hawk Construction15 Oak Openings
DELTON, Michigan 49046
- Hawk Construction
- Kent Home Services1000 100th St SW Suite E
Byron Center, Michigan 49315
- Kent Home Services
- OC Construction and Garage Doors5784 Bliss Rd
Saranac, Michigan 48881
- OC Construction and Garage Doors
- Ridgeline Construction12080 Gee Dr
Lowell, Michigan 49331
- Ridgeline Construction
- Stonewood Companies2724 Woodlake Rd SW
Wyoming, Michigan 49519
- Stonewood Companies
- The Handyman & Moore LLC3147 Peachleaf Ct
Holland, Michigan 49424
- The Handyman & Moore LLC
- Vangoye Home Improvement1075 S Peach Ct
Plainwell, Michigan 49080
- Vangoye Home Improvement
- W.M.G.B. Inc2131 Martindale Ave SW
Wyoming, Michigan 49509
- W.M.G.B. Inc