Ayers Basement Systems

Founded 1981 • With Angi since July 2008

2505 S Waverly Hwy

Lansing, MI 48911

Free inspection with written proposal and estimate. Financing available. Real estate transactions and inspection of foundation. Full time employees. Patented, warrantied products. In business since 1981. Additional phone: 866-379-1669....

10/31/2019

Robin E.

It didn't go at all. After several email exchanges where Ayers kept changing the date of my appointment. They changed the date three times, the final time was almost 7 weeks past the first contact. I'd warn others to beware if they need to cancel the first appointment.

Description of Work
basement needed waterproofing

09/05/2019

Phillip W.

Had Ayres salesman out to our residence on June 1, 2019 to give estimate for basement egress window system. Salesman looked at location and noted that there was a sizable chunk of concrete (2'x6') at egress location and would be removed at no additional charge. Total job cost was $6798.00. We signed contract and paid required $1489.51 deposit via CC on 6/2. Work was scheduled for August but they called with opening on 6/24 so we accepted it. Workers showed up (much later than we were told they would), unloaded the mini-excavator, spent about 20-30 minutes trying to break up the noted concrete and then stated that they would need to come back with a larger air hammer and compressor to break up the concrete and it will add $3000.00 ($2400 labor/$600 equipment rental) to the job cost. We declined to continue the job so they covered up the hole and left us with 2 big ruts in our yard where the excavator traveled, a large chunk of concrete (6" x 1') sitting off to the side and a muddy mess where they dug, which had previously been a nice mulch bed with butterfly plants. I talked to David P, the salesman over the next few days about getting the deposit back and he said I would be receiving a call from corporate about the next step. Instead, I received a couple of calls about scheduling the job and had to tell them that they had already been out, the situation and that we had cancelled. I called their headquarters at 1-866-379-1669 on 7/18 @ 3:45p to inquire about my refund, and was told by Melissa that the refund would be $1340.56 as there is a 10% charge to defray the cost of the workers coming out on 6/2. I said I thought that wasnt really fair as the contract stated the concrete would be removed no charge and that I have quite a bit of yard damage to have repaired. She stated she understood but changing that would have to be approved by Ed, the owner and she would see what she could do and let me know. By the afternoon of 7/29, I hadnt heard back so I called and talked to Melissa again but there was no news. On the morning of 8/8, I called and was told Melissa was on vacation so I asked who her boss was and was told Bob so I asked to talk with him. I was forwarded to his VM so I left a message stating I was looking for my refund. On 8/13, Bob called me at 9:30am and stated that the charge was 15% not 10% as they had been losing too much money at 10%. I said Melissa had already stated 10% and I guess Ed wasnt approving less? He said if she told me 10% then thats what they would honor. At 10% my refund would be $678.90. I asked how he came up with that and he said that it was 10% of the job not 10% off the deposit. (If they were losing money at 10% of the job then how does 15% help them? Follow the math...Bobs trying to pull one over on me.) He said he would have to talk to Melissa and Ed and they would call me back. On 8/22, I called and talked to Melissa, she said Ed had only approved the $1340.56 and should be returned to me soon, and that she would find out and call me back. I called later that afternoon but had to leave a voicemail for her. I called the morning of 8/23, left another VM. Melissa called me back that afternoon but I couldnt take it so she left a VM stating Ed still has it. I called at 2:15pm on 8/30, Melissa was out at training, Bob was out, Ed was out so I asked to talk to anybody else in the office and was given to Matthew, the Customer Car Mgr. After going back through my situation, was told that its with Ed and he would see what he could do and call me back. On 7/3 I called, Melissa was out of the office so I left another VM. Earlier today, I called, asked for Ed, was put through to his VM, left a message for him to call me. I called back and asked for Melissa, was put through to her VM, left message for her to call me. I called back and asked for Matthew and he was in and said it was with Ed. I asked if Ed would be in the office today and he stated he did not know.

Description of Work
Egress Basement Window system

Category egress windows, basement waterproofing

12/31/2018

George G.

Contracted with company on a Friday 9/7/18. They called to change terms on Monday. Cancelled on Tuesday. 12/31/18--Still have not received downpayment refund despite many promises. Small Claims Court order for payment ignored by Ayers. Cannot reach anyone of importance by telephone; ever.

Description of Work
Crawlspace jack

11/16/2018

William S.

It took a couple months to schedule the work but at each piece (estimate, electrical, excavation and installation) they called ahead, arrived on time, did all the work required with professionalism and courtesy. They even volunteered to clear the snow from my driveway by shovel when my machine wouldn't start. The use of plastic sheets and a high efficiency vacuum system connected to the jackhammer kept the dust down.

Description of Work
Partial basement waterproofing

10/25/2018

David T.

The leveling went well and I am satisfied with the work done there. The foundation repair is another story. When the workers filled in the hole around the foundation wall it was not done properly and now my steps are uneven. Also the crew left clumps of sod on my grass and did a poor job with clean up, I understand tracks and mud on my lawn but I had to clean up after them to be satisfied with the worksite. I checked with my township office about the quality of their work and found out that Ayers Basement Systems did not file a building permit for the work they did. It was their responsibility to do this and they did not do it.

Description of Work
Foundation piers installed on porch. Driveway and sidewalk leveling.

Category concrete driveways, mudjacking, foundation repair

09/27/2018

George B.

I gave Ayers Basement Systems a deposit of $3400. They never performed any work but decided to keep my deposit anyway. I sued Ayers in court. The court ordered Ayers to return my deposit. Ayers did not follow the court order and I had to petition the court for a second time to garnish Ayers bank account. Ayers does not even follow the laws of our court system. Overall it took 8 months to get my deposit back. Save yourself some trouble and avoid Ayers Basement Systems.

Description of Work
Basement drainage system

09/26/2018

Virgie A.

Fantastic! Joel Meller and his team member, Tom, did a fabulous job! Great product knowledge and customer service!

Description of Work
Basement Wall Insulating and Waterproofing System

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

07/05/2018

Barb R.

After a bit of confusion (due to a previous quote from another technician) regarding our deep crawl space, we and Ayers finally made a joint decision on the best system to use. Gage Pederson, the Foreman, did an outstanding job of explaining what they were going to do, kept us totally informed each step of the way, and repeated everything, along with the warranty at the end of the job. We felt free to ask any questions and Gage replied with confidence and quickly. I can’t say enough about this young man’s professionalism. Ayers needs to keep him long term, and putting him in sales earlier than later. He really knows his stuff. He gave us complete confidence that the trenching and encapsulated system will work! Cody Redman and Andy Best were also on the job and did an outstanding job. All three of these guys worked their tails off, not stopping for long. When they left each day, Gage was sure to say what time they would return the next day. They called each day to say they were on their way, and showed up sooner than their expected arrival. It was a real pleasure getting to know each one of them, and they were excellent representatives for the Ayers company. Congrats to a job well done!

Description of Work
Crawl Space Waterproofing

06/22/2018

kevin L.

I received quotes from multiple companies and they were all comparable. All other companies spent approx 45 min looking at the house and taking measurements. Ayes spent 4 hours total at my home. Very comprehensive, professional and knowledgeable. My home required 21 Helix Piers which are much preferred to Push Piers. Matt was my contact person, Evan was on site. Just an excellent job all round. Evan team hit a main water pipe which caused a small leak in the basement. Matt drove 90 min to my home at 9pm arriving at 10.30 pm to ensure me they would fix the problem. The local water dept turned off the water, Matt spoke with them and had the bill taken care of. The next morning the pipe was repaired and we were off and running. Matt did not leave my home until after 11pm and a 90 min drive home. That is what I call customer service. Thank you Ayers for an excellent job. My family appreciated all your efforts.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

04/27/2018

JODIE N.

My service tech, Jordan Foy, called promptly in the morning and arrived right on schedule. He was friendly, knowledgeable and did a great job installing my sump pump and the underground line. He made sure I approved of what he was going to do each step of the way. He was also very nice to my golden retriever puppy who wanted to be his assistant. I will be using Ayers Basement Systems again for additional work on my basement next spring.

Description of Work
Basement sump pump replaced with underground piping

09/25/2017

Robert B.

excellent work would highly recommend

Description of Work
Stabilize wall by 2 windows

Category foundation repair

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your feedback - don't hesitate to contact us for anything you might need in the future.

08/18/2017

Josh W.

They are easy to work with. They came when they said they were going to come and finished when they said they were going to finish. They left a bit of a mess downstairs. They left holes in the walls that I wasn't anticipating. Other than that they were good to work with.

Description of Work
We did foundation repair with them.

06/23/2017

Rick M.

the owner himself came out to give us a quote on finishing our basement. After he looked at our basement he said he was going back to the office to work up a quote and he'd call us with the info. that was 4 months ago .haven't heard from him since. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
they never did any work

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

05/03/2017

Traci G.

The finished product (installation of drainage system/piping along the parameter of my basement) was done very well. However, I was told by the salesman (Bob) that the crew would remove the paneling before work commenced. I should have known that was too good to be true and questioned this but I didn't. The crew cut a foot of paneling off the bottom all the way around the basement parameter. If they didn't want to remove the paneling as promised, that's fine, I would have made arrangements to remove the paneling myself. Now I have to replace/cover all of the cut paneling, at an extra expense not anticipated (nor can I really afford). Also, at the end of day 2 the crew removed all of the protective plastic covering all of my furniture & everything in the basement, even though they had a whole entire day's worth of work still do complete the following day. They assured me that they wouldn't kick up any dust with the work that remained to be done. Totally not true. Dirt and dust all over my belongings. Plus there were a couple of little things that gave me pause (like forgetting to plug in the sump pump after they left on day 1 - the emergency alarm went off because it was going to overflow and I didn't know what was happening - I had to call a crew member on his cell phone to figure out what was going on - thank goodness I was home.) And they left a box of product in my garage that someone had to come back out to pick up a few days later. Everyone was super nice and polite, and I hate to complain about these things, but it was enough to leave me a bit disappointed.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing/water control

02/28/2017

James G.

Went very well, arrived on time and cleaned out crawl space, put down liners, installed insulation and left on time a spotless crawl space. Definitely would hire again!

Description of Work
Crawl space liners

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

01/25/2017

Kate S.

Pros: - Drain/dry well installation done very well. - Window installation - one was fine, the other had poorly finished cement (was expanding past the wall in some spots); Ayers came back and fixed this. - Crack repair - done well. Could have been explained better as to how it works. - Workspace was cleaned up well, no mess was left. Representatives are nice. Field people (those who perform the work) are knowledgeable. Cons: Our service representative (who initially came out to our house and quoted the project) chose the wrong size windows for the job; when the project manager came out to perform the work, they were not able to install and due to the distance between locations (Grand Rapids to Lansing) they had to reschedule window installation. Also had to postpone crack repair until windows were done (at that point some of the cement work was done on the crack repair, which left a large hole at the floor joint). The project had to be postponed for two weeks. Initially they wanted to postpone the entire project, but the first frost was approaching and if we waiting to install the ice guard on the sump pump discharge, it would be too late. We had to push them to install that while they were on site. After the repairs were done and we had paid for the work, we saw some issues with the quality of work (we were told not to go in the space for 48 hours after repair to give the cement time to cure). We immediately called. We had to wait a week for them to come out and inspect. They called the day before to confirm the appointment, and then didn't show up. The next day we called, they were apologetic, and wanted to come out that day (not going to happen - we have full time jobs and had taken time off to be home the prior day when they were supposed to come). Set up another day the following week. They didn't show up again. Called AGAIN. They wanted to come out right away, but again, we couldn't get away from work at a moment's notice. We finally got on their schedule at 9am first thing so we wouldn't be missed. They showed up about 30 minutes late (no notice) and made the repair to the cement casing around the window. Bottom line: they do quality work, and they are nice people. Once we had paid for the work, I felt like we were at the bottom of their priority list. Just need some improvement on their communication with the customer and making sure their service people run on time (or reevaluate their estimated time for jobs).

Description of Work
Sump pump underground drain installed and ice guard installed, also installed underground dry well at pop-up drain location; leaking crack in basement wall sealed; two new windows installed in basement wall.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

01/16/2017

Sarabeth C.

Work all finished in one long day. Good workmanship. However salesman didn't seem totally prepared for initial visit and came back a couple times. Also didn't tell me about all available products to choose from.

Description of Work
Cracks in foundation wall were filled and sealed with a membrane overlay on wall. Another wall had special paneling installed over repairs. Very nice finish work. Also dry wells installled at base of crack to catch any seepage from floor/wall juncture.

12/22/2016

Robin T.

Very impressed with the job that Terry Ortez, Jack, and Ethan did on my house in Okemos. The space is tough to access, and they didn't complain. Very professional. No hidden charges. Free annual check-up. I plan to hire them again to do some work on my sidewalk and gutters. Price was better than a competitor.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

12/05/2016

Christine A.

I was very impressed with the foreman Jake Sinko and his crew, Martin & Ray. They did an excellent job, and were very professional. The process was amazing and they answered my questions completely. They completed the project in two days and they did an outstanding job cleaning up when the waterproofing was done. I also liked Ayers because they have their own electrician division to do the necessary electrical wiring instead of me having to find and get quotes from an electrician on my own. I would definitely recommend Jake and his crew! Thanks, guys!

Description of Work
I had Ayers waterproof my basement.

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]! We'll pass them along to Jake and his crew.

11/22/2016

Kesh S.

Construction crew was good. Their estimator needs more training, more familiarity as to what the job would actually require.

Description of Work
Sealing of foundation

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. We'll pass it along to our management - we're always looking for ways to improve and continuing our training.

11/21/2016

Kesh S.

Description of Work
Sealing of foundation

11/11/2016

donald K.

This is a follow up review of a previous one that I posted on Ayers Basement for concrete work done on our entry way. The repair job was unacceptable and we reported it as such. We received a letter and a call from Ayers after we posted our review and sent them a letter with pictures and outlining our displeasure. Although it took a little while for them to respond they did. A refund for the cost of cement stain was sent along with a gift certificate. In addition Scott came out and looked at the job agreeing that it looked bad. He offered to fix the problem. The original work was done on 6/28/2016. On 11/9/2016 Ayers came out, cut out the cracked slab and re poured a new slab. They did an excellent job and did not charge for the repair. Their response and responsibility were exceptional and we were very impressed and happy. They stood behind their work and I cannot complain. With that type of honesty and response I would definitely recommend them and use the again if needed.

Description of Work
Repair of walkway. Followup of previous work

Category concrete repair

Thank you for your patience during this process and allowing us to make things right. We're so happy that you're pleased with the repairs and we're always here if you need us!

09/17/2016

Debra R.

The salesman sold the deal and promised that they would straighten the wall, fill the outside portion with pea gravel and then replace the dirt nicely. They did straighten the wall but didn't put in any press grave, they just put the old classy forty right back in. They left the surface of the dirt a total mess. It was bumpy and there where areas that sunk and created holes up next to the house where water collected. Many calls to the company we're never returned. Half the promised the sales person made were left out of the contract. We believed what he said and didn't look at the contract. We've learned a costly lesson about salesmen and contacts. I would never ever recommend Ayres to anyone. Buyer beware.

Description of Work
Fix basement wall that was bowed in.

05/06/2016

Greg H.

The crew was friendly, focused on their work, they were punctual each morning. Jake the crew manager made sure he communicated the process to me. They made sure they kept dust down to a minimum and when the job was completed Jake went over the completed project with me. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Provided new water drainage system to interior of basement.

02/08/2016

susan K.

The crew, Logan, Nelson and Alex and project manager Ty arrived at 9:00am. I was told they would arrive between 9-10am. Ty asked to see the area and reviewed rooms where vents were to be placed. Ty and the crew then covered the steps and floor in the basement with plastic. I appreciated Ty asking me if I had a preference on lower or higher placement of the vent at the bottom of the stairs. The crew was very efficient they cleaned up and swept after installation. Ty and the crew were very polite and professional. Ty reviewed how the dehumidifier works and took the time to answer other non related questions I had. Very good experience.

Description of Work
Installed vents and a free standing sani dry dehumidifier for the basement.

Rangel's Waterproofing & Construction

Leaky Roof? Wet Basement? Rangel's Waterproofing Specializes in Dryer Safer Homes. Our Services We Provide Range From Roofing Systems, Basement Systems, & Emergency Escape Egress Systems. Our Estimates Our Free & Financing Is Available. Call Today to Find Out Why More Homeowners Are Counting On Rangel's For A Dryer Safer Home!

Acculevel Inc

Acculevel is your foundation repair expert, serving Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio and been in business since 1996. Most of our repairs come with a life of the structure warranty. Acculevel begins by evaluating your entire foundation system, checking your property for the signs and causes of foundation failure. From foundation & crawlspace repair to waterproofing & encapsulation systems, Acculevel can help you protect your home-- possibly the most valuable investment you'll ever make. A dry home is a healthy home. Acculevel is committed to providing the most technologically advanced repairs to help keep your home dry and on a safe foundation. A strong foundation protects your home's structure, lowers utility bills and maintains the value of your property. Check our pictures for the signs & symptoms of foundation & water damage, and then call Acculevel for your free visual inspection. 1-866-669-3349

Offers by Acculevel Inc on Angi
    Matrix Home Solutions

Now Offering A COVID-19 Stimulus Program • $0 down • Up to $2,000 in immediate cash rebates • 12 months no payment, no interest program that rolls into a low payment, low interest plan as low as 2.99%! • Now offering VIRTUAL/REMOTE consultations We are a locally owned and operated basement finishing specialist servicing both Southeast Michigan (Detroit/Ann Arbor) and the Chicagoland area. Our focus is providing clients with a clear, upfront vision of expectations through a design/build approach. Our FREE design service provides potential customers with a collaborative consultation geared towards budget, wants, needs and lifestyle. Aside from providing great ideas, Matrix will furnish at NO COST a 3D rendering and detailed line-by-line proposal that is guaranteed for 1 year. Matrix Basement Systems is a "ONE STOP SHOP" for basement finishing and by virtue of our unique, customer-focused process, we have became one of the Nation's largest home remodeling companies. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction and providing a great working experience throughout the construction process. Finishing your basement has never been easier! Call today for a free, no obligation design consultation!

Offers by Matrix Home Solutions on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Basement Waterproofing & Repair, Egress Windows, Foundation Repair, Retrofit Piering, Dehumidifiers, Sump Pumps & Battery Backups, New Construction Helical Piles, Crawl Space Encapsulation, Cleaning & Remediation.