Ellis Brick and Block

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2009

Providing Masonry work....

Foundation Systems of Michigan

Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, gutters, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by Foundation Systems of Michigan on Angi
Bluebird CFW

We specialize in Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Waterproofing (encapsulation), Concrete Lifting, Egress Window / Window Well Installation, Installation of Helical piles for new or existing foundations and Foundation Repair. Our team has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the construction and waterproofing industries. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time! Contact us today for your free estimate!

Crawford Farms Concrete and Stone

We do all kinds of concrete and masonry installations and specialize in stone foundation repairs throughout the entire state of Michigan. We work on old field stone foundations dating back to the early 1800's. We use and perform high quality solutions that last for generations to come.

08/01/2019

Timothy Z.

Excellent! They told me where to get replacements, and once they were ready, they came over promptly, did all the installation work very well (which wasn't easy--those suckers are heavy!), and the price was right!

Description of Work
I needed to replace some concrete exterior window ledges which had broken.

Category masonry

04/28/2018

Helen D.

Mr. Ellis owns his own business and it is he who provides the service, so he is invested in the quality of it. I have a wood burning fire place that I use a lot in an old house. The cement around the fire bricks had deteriorated and bricks had actually fallen into the firebox. Mr. Ellis was very knowledgeable, worked diligently and his price was incredibly fair. He is very trustworthy. I was extremely pleased with the work he did. His prices are very reasonable and my firebox is fixed and I can trust having fires in it again. I highly recommend his service.

Description of Work
fire bricks loose and falling out of fire box

Category masonry,chimney repair,fireplaces

01/03/2017

David W.

Randy worked in snowstorms and freezing cold and did a marvelous job rebuilding our whole chimney. He kept a neat workspace and left no debris behind. He communicated well and made special effort to mix the colors we wanted. All that, and his price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Tear down the whole chimney and rebuild it from the ground up.

07/05/2016

Ashey A.

It went great. He was very responsive when I initially called him to get a quote done, and he was able to visit within a week to do the quote. After I decided to move forward with the work, he was called me a week later to schedule a date for the work which was about a month out since he was already booked up. However, he managed to come out sooner than expected, and finished the work in just a few hours. It looks great, and he was super nice through the entire process. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing some masonry work done.

Description of Work
Redid the stone work on the front facade of my house.

Category masonry

08/17/2015

Margaret M.

They were courteous, professional, fast. They cleaned up beautifully when they were done.

Description of Work
Replaced brick on chimney, window sills. Rebuilt cap. Caulked between chimney and house

05/22/2015

Pamela O.

Went very smoothly. Randy and son were very careful to protect surrounding areas. hard workers! We are thrilled with the job they did.

Description of Work
Removed a cement walkway, formed and poured a new step,attached to existing step. Layer brick pavers on step and landing. Put in a curved walkway.

Category masonry,chimney repair

04/24/2015

Devin Z.

My chimney was leaking water all the way into my basement due to old cracked brick and the lack of a cap on top. When Randy did the estimate for me while I was at work I miscommunicated which stack was to be repaired. So when he arrived the morning he was going to preform the work I communicated that is was a different chimney and he made a on the spot adjustment for me. The price changed but that was completely called for since the plan changed. He squeezed me in at the end of the working season (middle Dec.) on a day that we had no snow but was misting rain. Everything looks good and I have no more leaking as of now.

Description of Work
Repaired broken, cracked, and missing bricks. Also put a new Cap on the chimney (I believe I was lacking one) and fixed my flashing between the roof and the stack.

11/24/2014

Tom B.

I have cracks in my chimney flu and was told I need to reline for thousands. Someone else told me I did not have to. He very clearly explained to me why I did not have to spend the money, for a service he also provides, on something I only use recreationally. He could have very easily sold me the whole package and did not.

Description of Work
Just gave me information and steered me in the right direction

11/14/2014

Jane S.

Oh my word!! Mr. Ellis is a knowledgeable and experienced man. He is very prompt, courteous and reasonably priced. AND he will explain, in detail, in layman's terms, all about the workings of your fireplace/chimney. I am, unequivocally, recommending Ellis Brick and Block to anyone needing chimney or fireplace service/repair.

Description of Work
inspected my chimney and two fireplaces and made recommendations. Chimney in good shape!! Fireplace #1 gas log in good condition, need small part I can get at any box store. Fireplace #2 wood burning insert and equipment not in good shape. I will have Mr. Ellis remove insert and repair fire box after Christmas.

11/02/2014

Megan G.

My impression of Randy started off on the wrong foot when I left a voicemail asking to schedule the work that he had quoted and didn't hear anything back for weeks. Finally we connected and he told me I needed to physically mail in my quote with my signed acceptance, and once he received it he would put it into his calendar. He doesn't strike me as the most organized, but I've later learned that he was extremely busy and I'm sure the back office stuff falls lower on his priority list at those times. However, after these initial disappointments I could not be more pleased with Randy and his work. He responded promptly to any questions that I had and his actual work was phenomenal. Despite having an older style brick, he was able to match it nearly exactly. The chimney looks beautiful. I can see why he stays so busy - his work is fantastic and I would definitely recommend his services to anyone. Thanks Randy!

Description of Work
Randy repaired a number of layers of brick that were starting to fall off my chimney. He also replaced the stone cap and added a rain guard at my request.

Ellis Brick and Block

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2009

1558 Fairview St

Jenison, MI 49428

Chimney Repair, masonry, chimney caps, fireplaces, foundation repair, stone work