How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Columbus, OH
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Columbus
- Accura Land SurveyingThe survey was well-done and timely. I have used Acura Landsurveying of Greenfield for many years, going back to a minor subdivision survey in 1993. Mr. Goin's work is of such quality that he should charge more for his services (Price rated "B" for this reason. I have tried other surveyors and did not have such good results. As a small landowner, I discovered that they were working for developers and their interests rather than mine. Acura surveyed the historic barn lot (barn shown in photo) in 2004 when I need to add additional land to enlarge the property
- Patridge Surveying LLCPatridge Surveying is a great company to work with. The are very professional and did a great job on our new build project. It was complicated to locate the house, well & septic on our lot and Bob helped educate me and make recommendations on how to get through the process. He was also very patient with all of our questions and changes
- Patridge Surveying LLCMatt and Bob Patridge were very polite marked my property lines and provided me with a printout of the plat. I would refer them to friends and neighbors.
- A.O.G. SURVEYINGThey were able to come out within a week of me calling. Bob was great to work with and quick to respond. It took him a couple hours to survey the land since he was having trouble finding the steaks in my yard so he had to do some searching. He was very pleasant and a nice guy. I felt the price was reasonable for the service
- Patridge Surveying LLCAfter being unable to contact a highly rated surveyor that was on Angie's list, I started looking for another who could survey my property so that I could install a fence. The few that were on the List were either completely backed up (4-6 weeks) or their prices were crazy. One of those surveyors suggested two others that might be able to do it sooner. I contacted both via phone and email and Patridge emailed me back 2 days later (the other never contacted me- Is this just a category of rude contractors!!!). Most of our contact was via email. Patridge had already pulled my lot info when they made contact and said they could do the and quot;pinand quot; survey for $500, with $100 more if I required a Plat map (which I didn't). They were busy and said that they would know at the beginning of the week when they could schedule it. On May 29th, they emailed me and said they could get to me by Friday JUne 7th and wanted to know if I wanted to proceed, which I did. I'd been trying to find someone to do this for weeks. Amazingly, I got another email that Monday that they would be there Tuesday (june 3rd)to do the survey. I let them know that I wouldn't be home but they said they would just send me an invoice. While I wasn't home, my neighbor was and he spoke with them. Said the guy was very friendly and very professional. When I got home from work, the lot was clearly marked and he had dug to show where most of the pins were. I was very pleased with the work, though the lot turned out to be much larger than I thought. I received the invoice about a week later. The pins were well marked and staked. There is no doubt where my boundary was. And I appreciate that FINALLY someone was able to help me out
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICESURVEYORS JOHN AND JAY BEGAN THE JOB PROMPTLY, AND COMPLETED WORK WITHIN SEVERAL DAYS, ALLOWING US TO LEAVE ON VACATION ON TIME. THEY WERE SKILLED AT FINDING OLD MARKERS AND FENCE LINES DESPITE HEAVY FOREST GROWTH OVER MOST OF THE PROPERTY.
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEXYZ RESPONDED QUICKLY TO MY REQUEST FOR SERVICE; THE WORKERS WERE POLITE AND EFFICIENT, AND THE PRICE WAS FAIR.
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEResponded promptly to my call. Office employee was exceptionally pleasant. Came out the next day to survey. Since I wasn't home at the time, I called the next day and all my questions were answered by the person who completed the survey. The only item I would have expected to receive was a detailed written summary of what was done along with a property drawing to accompany the bill. I was told, however, the drawing is available from the Franklin County Auditor's web site
- Robert C. Rhyne. PLSI am overwhelmingly pleased with Mr.Rhyne's service. I made arrangements for the survey on Monday, July 11th; giving Mr. Rhyne facts about the property. He researched descriptions of the property, from aerial maps, and deeds dating back to 1925. When I arrived on the site. Mr.Rhyne was on the job, and working. Mr.Rhyne is professional, and patient. He even took the time to converse over the telephone, with my 92 year old cousin who had lived in the house prior to granting it to me. He provided me with several signed and certified copies of the completed survey. It's very detailed and show the distance from the house to the property lines, and the location of the original metal stakes. He even drove in longer stakes, and placed pvc pipes over the spikes located in the rear of the property,to make them easier to find since they were covered with thick brush. Having such a detailed map provides a sense of security
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEI only gave a "B" in punctuality because of having to contact them 2 more times before work was scheduled and carried out. But then I was scheduled quickly and they arrived on time and were pleasant to work with.
Last update on September 18, 2020
Land Surveyors in Columbus
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Columbus
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A TO Z SURVEYING & INFORMATION5080 SINCLAIR RD STE 101
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- BIRD + BULL INC2875 W DUBLIN-GRANVILLE RD
Columbus, Ohio 43235
- Myers Landscaping Service123 S Cassingham Rd
Columbus, Ohio 43209
- MYERS SURVEYING CO INC2740 E MAIN ST
Columbus, Ohio 43209
- RD ZANDE & ASSOCIATES INC1500 LAKE SHORE DR
Columbus, Ohio 43204
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICE3354 E Broad St
Columbus, Ohio 43213
- A TO Z SURVEYING & INFORMATION
- CHARLES E KERG LAND SURVEYOR102 W MAIN ST
Shelby, Ohio 44875
- CHARLES E KERG LAND SURVEYOR