When it comes to lead paint abatement, you’ve got a lot of options. Here’s how much it costs to remove lead paint and the cost factors to consider.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Chicago, IL
There are 13 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Chicago
- ADM Construction, Inc.Contractor was very professional. Work was completed as bid and all paperwork for lead remediation handled. The unit was then inspected by the County and passed.
- ADM Construction, Inc.It was a good experience, punctual and personable. The city of Chicago gave her a passing grade . Big job and Overall cost was 39,130 dollars.
- ADM Construction, Inc.Marie and her team were amazing. what started out as a traumatic process (finding out we had a lead issue) was made better by Marie with her communication, professionalism and knowledge. I would highly recommend her!
- ADM Construction, Inc.The abatement went well. Marie and her team were efficient, courteous and thorough. Marie explained the process so there were no surprises. Marie met every deadline. The team covered up everything so our property was protected. They cleaned up after themselves to our satisfaction.
- North Shore Painting & RestorationSo happy with this vendor. After a botched painting job (by me!) I needed someone to fix my mess. Jiri responded to my inquiry immediately, promptly scheduled a site visit and provided a quote. His team was excellent. They arrived on-time, followed all Covid safety protocols, did an EXCELLENT job, and left the place spotless. Next time I need any work done, North Shore is my first (and only) call. Thank you again
- Chicago Water & Fire RestorationZac from Chicago Water and Fire is Amazing. I am an owner of Hydro Tech Max Plumbing. I do not recommend just anyone for my customers period. Zac and Chicago Water and Fire is the one shop stop.Zac works with my customers in a way that is incredible. He has a heart, and treats it like it is his own problem. He relates to customers like it is own problem. He takes the stress out for them. Works with all insurance. They are HONEST!!!!!
- Neighborhood RemodelersThis project was started July 1, 2011 and completed by October 8, 2011. We decided to wait before we submitted our report to Angie's List to see how everything we had done worked. We would like to say that we are so please with everything. Our new kitchen, family room and back entrance are just great! When we started doing research on this project in May 2011 we looked to referrals on Angie's List. We selected 3 recommended contractors to meet with and submit a bid. We selected Neighborhood Remodeler's after we met with Luke. He impressed us with his knowledge of remodeling kitchens, a competitive bid including the help of their in-house designer Jill and the fact they can handle all our needs. He had answers to all our questions and a call list to contact former clients to see how they like their work. The next meeting was with our assigned Team of Luke, Jill, Mike and Joe. They came to our house on a Saturday and spent several hours going over our project, measuring and answering all our questions. Jill met with us next showing 3 to 4 layouts for our kitchen-backroom area. We have an old house that has been in my husband's family. His Dad had done an addition in the 1960's and the kitchen was done then too, so you can see we had an old kitchen with many issues to deal with. Jill did a wonderful job and presented us with many great ideas. She also provided us with cabinet choice's which could go from custom to stock choices. Counter top options, sink, faucet, lighting ideas. This company offers a lot of help and if they do not supply a product, they will provide you with a list of vendors that may include discounts for products you may need for your project. After we got our layout and cabinets selected, Mike our project manager, went and got all permits and necessary paperwork. We had a asbestos vinyl floor in this area. They do not remove this type of flooring and quickly referred us to Blue Stone Environmental or we could pick our own. We also found this company on Angie's List with a good listing. Work started when they promised and they had all demolition completed in 2 days including removal of all debris except the flooring. Neighborhood Remodelers coordinated with Blue Stone Environmental who came in the next day and took care of proper removal of the floor. Everything went together beautifully. Joe was our project foreman who had an unbelievable team of hard working people to complete our project. We want to say, yes we had glitches as every project comes up with issues. When we started with this company, we got a contact list of everyone's cell phone numbers. When issues did arise, we got answers within a day or less. Someone always got back to us with a response and the issues were addressed immediately, fixed and moved on to a wonderful completion of our kitchen. They were accurate on how long the project would take, set us up with a temporary kitchen and were always there when we needed them. We want to thank Luke, Jill, Mike Joe, and the office staff for the excellent work they did. If you are looking to do any kind or remodeling project in your home, you should call Neighborhood Remodelers for an estimate. If we need any work done in future, they will be the first we call and recommend to anyone who has a project in their home
- GCPROWe bought a house that still had the original plaster walls from 1901, in very bad shape and covered with lead paint. We have a toddler so we were concerned about the lead paint, but we would have regardless done the same project (dry-walling over the plaster) just for aesthetic purposes. However, we soon found out that the EPA lead-safe certification so many companies have is useless if the house has actually tested positive for lead! They are legally not allowed to work. So I made countless phone calls to licensed lead abatement contractors, only to leave messages that were never returned, or to be told over and over that they didn't do residential jobs. Just as it seemed that we were out of options, luckily I found out about GCPro through our real estate agent. They had the appropriate lead licenses, and as a general contractor they were able to do everything else we needed too. Our project manager was Mariusz Czapski. He was really great every step of the way. He knew that for us this was a huge amount of money to be spending and did everything he could to reduce costs where possible. For example, since we planned on painting our trim rather than staining it, he suggested that we go with MDF which would look identical to wood once painted. Also, the original doors were 7 feet tall. He suggested using 6'8" for the new doors, which saved us several hundred dollars. He also provided several different options in his estimate, which we had the chance to decide on. For example, dry-walling over everything without demoing or insulating the exterior walls would have been cheaper, but we decided to go ahead and insulate since it was just a little extra money for a smart long term purpose. The first step of the process was removing the lead-containing doors and trim and demoing the exterior walls. The workers had coverall suits with respirators. They sealed all doors and windows with heavy plastic and posted warning signs in the windows. They carefully vacuumed with a HEPA vacuum after this work was done. Then the electrician installed the new light fixtures we'd wanted. After that, the insulation went in and the new drywall went over everything. They did the final wet cleanup. At this point Mariusz worked with us for scheduling because we wanted to refinish the floors in the living room and dining room, and install new flooring in the bedrooms, doing the work ourselves. So he had his guys take a break for a week or so until we had that done. Finally, the carpenters came to install all the doors, crown molding, baseboards, and door and window casings. We are extremely impressed with the job they did and their professionalism. They broke a few things during the work (mainly existing light fixtures and ceiling fans) but replaced them with no problem. And it's true...Mariusz did drop off the face of the planet a couple of times, but it was nothing compared with the stories I hear from other people about their contractors! In general he was always available to answer our questions and was great about keeping us updated on the progress. And we certainly appreciated him working around our flooring schedule -- as first time DIY-er's we were slow and had many setbacks, but he managed to schedule the final portion of the work around us. Highly recommended! UPDATE: After 7 months of slow progress to finish all the projects still on hold on our house by ourselves, we have noticed a lot of problems mostly on the carpentry side. Trim with nails sticking out, doors not installed following the floor we installed ourselves, the baseboards installed without considering the floor registers, so we had to cut the baseboards to re-install the registers. One suggestion: once you hire them make sure to stay behind and check all their carpentry work. Electrical and drywall work was great. (For example, they dry-walled perfectly over two original plaster arches, whereas an acquaintance of ours who wanted to do the same was told by the company she hired that the arches were too difficult, so she now has rectangular openings instead.) In the future we would gladly hire them for anything except carpentry
- North Shore Painting & RestorationWe needed an interior back stairwell painted after an at-home lead test proved there might be lead paint flaking off of the brick of our 100+ year old home. Jiri was able to come and give a quick assessment and quote. His team sealed and repainted everything in just a week. It now looks beautiful and we don't have to worry about any lead paint for our toddler. Would definitely use again
- North Shore Painting & RestorationJiri and his crew did a great job. I had them come out to my home for lead removal and painting. There was a small area i wasnt happy with and Jiri was out here in a matter of days with a crew to fix it. A complete professional!!!
Last update on March 21, 2022
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Chicago
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Contractors who might disturb lead paint in structures built before 1978 will be required by a new EPA rule to be trained and certified in lead safety technique
Before you buy an older house, there are certain things the seller or real estate agent are legally required to tell you about potential lead paint hazards.
Find lead abatement contractors in
lead abatement contractors in Chicago
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- B.B. Construction Enterprise Inc.1821 West 51st street
Chicago, Illinois 60609
- CHICAGO DIVERSIFIED PROJECTS, INC6015 N. RIDGE AVE
Chicago, Illinois 60660
- COLFAX CORPORATION2441 N LEAVITT ST
Chicago, Illinois 60647
- Dominic's Quality Home Improvement7521 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60634
- EMSL ANALYTICAL INC2444 W GEORGE ST
Chicago, Illinois 60618
- Flash Remodeling Inc1330 W Early Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60660
- L&D CONSTRUCTION7814 S Winchester ave
Chicago, Illinois 60620
- North Shore Painting & Restoration3432 W Diversey Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60647
- VanDerBosch Plumbing Inc.1462 W Balmoral
Chicago, Illinois 60640
- B.B. Construction Enterprise Inc.
- A & B ENVIRONMENTAL CONSTRUCTION Inc.1534 N Mannheim Rd
STONE PARK, Illinois 60165
- AAA Service and Supply IncPO Box 4091
Aurora, Illinois 60507
- Aardvark Painting Inc.2 N Dee Rd Suite #104
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
- ACROSS ENVIRONMENTAL INC214 Oakleaf Rd
Lake In The Hills, Illinois 60156
- ADM Construction, Inc.709 Sheridan Avenue
Dolton, Illinois 60419
- American Clean & Seal Inc4469 Bragdon St
Indianapolis, Indiana 46226
- ARCOS ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES7413 Duvan Dr Unit 2
Tinley Park, Illinois 60477
- ARMADILLO ENVIROMENTAL AUTHORITY LLC3340 MAPLE ST
EVERGREEN PARK, Illinois 60805
- Asrow Building Consultants, Inc.8820 Skokie Blvd Suite 119
Skokie, Illinois 60077
- A & B ENVIRONMENTAL CONSTRUCTION Inc.
- Environmental Consulting Group Inc105 S York St Ste 250
Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
- Environmental Consulting Group Inc
- Home Inspector Consultants, Inc.18026 Oakley Ave.
Lansing, Illinois 60438
- Home Inspector Consultants, Inc.
- KINSALE CONTRACTING GROUP INC648 BLACKHAWK DR
Westmont, Illinois 60559
- KINSALE CONTRACTING GROUP INC
- LAKE SHORE ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS INCPO BOX 656
Waukegan, Illinois 60079
- LAKE SHORE ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS INC
- Mid America Property Service1110 Rock Springs Drive
Joliet, Illinois 60435
- Mid America Property Service
- Ole Fredrickson & Son1108 West Violet Drive
Mchenry, Illinois 60051
- Ole Fredrickson & Son
- Powerhouse Restoration Inc1545 Jarvis Ave
Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
- Precision Painting & Decorating Corp2600 Van Buren St
Bellwood, Illinois 60104
- Problem Busters Inc.1420 Renaissance Dr. 104
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters3423 Piedmont Rd NE STE 350
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
- Powerhouse Restoration Inc
- Quality Painting & Remodeling Inc.3721 S. Wesley Avenue unit 3
Berwyn, Illinois 60402
- Quality Painting & Remodeling Inc.
- RIGHT-ON PAINTING INC112 CLARIA DR
Roselle, Illinois 60172
- RIGHT-ON PAINTING INC
- SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie3223 Lake Ave. Unit 309
Wilmette, Illinois 60091
- Shoreline Environmental905 Joliet St
Dyer, Indiana 46311
- SliBuy.com400 Earl Rd
Shorewood, Illinois 60404
- Sound Construction Inc8124 W 93rd St
HICKORY HILLS, Illinois 60457
- Steadfast Painting Solutions Corp696 N Larch Ave
Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
- STERLING FIRE RESTORATION LTD65 E PALATINE RD 315
Prospect Heights, Illinois 60070
- Super Steam, Inc.6733 N Lincoln Ave
Lincolnwood, Illinois 60712
- SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie