Fireplaces Plus

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2006

Look to FireplacesPlus for Chicagoland's finest fireplaces and accessories, including glass doors, screens, and the area's best selection of gas logs....

Olsen Tuckpointing Co

Masonry specialists servicing the Chicago area suburbs for over 55 years. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Family owned - 19 employees - no subcontractors - all experienced tuckpointers & union journeymen. Cost is determined by the job. Free estimates, no travel charges. Fully licensed, bonded and insured. A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau. Super Service Award (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020) from Angie's List.

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc.

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. is a family owned and operated company that has been in business since 1989. We pride our selves on great service at a fair price. At A-1 all of our technicians are certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America, and we are fully bonded and insured. We are accredited members of the Better Business Bureau, members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild, we hold the best of Lombard award for 2012, 2013&2014 and the best of Glen Ellyn award for 2012 .

Offers by A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. on Angi
Chimney Crafters

We provide honest and professional fireplace and chimney services. With over a decade of experience, you can be confident in hiring us for all your fireplace and chimney service care. We take pride in having our customers feel confident and comfortable doing business with us. We only offer products and services that we would put in our own home and will treat your home as if it was ours.

03/15/2018

Irene P.

After installation we noticed no heat output from the 24K BTU unit we paid @$6K for. Have to be standing a few inches from the unit to feel any heat at all. After several service calls and having the flu insulated, there is still no heat output in the room (room is only 13’x14’ with 9’ ceiling). We were told they would remove the unit and refund our money. When we request that, the owner (Neil) of the Vernon Hills IL store renegged on that offer. The Napoleon rep told us we purchased a ‘decorative appliance’. Huge waste of money. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
Installation of natural gas fireplace insert Napoleon brand

11/07/2015

Anita P.

I was at a friend's house enjoying their warm, beautiful fireplace, and I asked them who did it. She told me it was Fireplaces Plus. The next day, I walked into Fireplaces Plus to take a look at all the log options for a gas fireplace. We wanted to convert our wood-burning fireplace to gas for ease of use and because it is much cleaner. I got an appointment set up to have Neil come by our house for an estimate, and I ordered the logs I liked from my visit to their showroom. On the day of installation, the process went very smoothly and the installer gave us instructions on how to operate our new fireplace. This will be our first full winter to enjoy the fireplace and we are looking forward to it! The logs look beautiful and very realistic!

Description of Work
Installation of gas logs, fireplace door, and damper screen

03/17/2015

DIANE R.

They have two locations. I've been talking to Neil, the owner. I looked them up on Angie's List. They have been consulting with my contractors. In terms of them actually doing the work at this point, they are probably going to be the last people to come in because we had to do some work on the fireplace. Neil is easy to get a hold of. He talked to a few of the contractors I was considering, and I settled on one. He has been very responsive. He is going to be doing the work. He has been consulting, and I haven't been charged for that. With regard to price, he did share some prices with me; they were in line with what I had looked at elsewhere. My contractor said that he had worked with them before. I haven't purchased anything from them yet. What they quoted me prior to having my fireplace rebuilt, the price could go up or the price could go down. It wasn't a quote. He has been consulting based on fireplace remodeling and telling them what to do, how to rebuild it and how not to rebuild it. My people are getting the fireplace ready for him to transition to an electronic fireplace. He told them to get rid of the gas lines and stuff like that.

Description of Work
I am using Fireplaces Plus. They have been working with my contractor regarding specifics, because I'm doing a fireplace conversion that Fireplaces Plus is going to do.

04/04/2014

LYNN L.

They were very thorough and I would highly recommend them. They are just very thorough, very neat and they did a great job. They were very good about testing to make sure the gas was not leaking and they were just very thorough. They were reasonable on price than everybody else.

Description of Work
We used Fireplaces Plus-Northshore to install a new gas log set.

02/20/2014

Al S.

The owner is very hands on and extremely knowledgeable They did what they said they would do at a competitive price. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
One of the few companies that will actually go out to your home and do an estimate.

11/27/2012

Steven P.

We went ot visit their showroom and then made an appointment for the owner to come out to our house. He showed up with samples of both logs and screens. He measured all of our fireplaces and made suggestions as to what would work best in each fireplace.

Description of Work
The owner came out to our house with samples of fireplace logs and screens. He made several recommendations for different styles and materials for the screens depending upon the location of the fireplace in the house.

Category fireplaces,gas logs

01/19/2009

Carol W.

The guy came out and measured the space. We went and picked out what we wanted. They came out within a week to do the project. The guy did show up 2 hours late however. The installation process was not so great.

Description of Work
They installed gas logs and a switch that we could turn on or off.

02/14/2007

CHRISTINE & CLIFFORD G.

It went great. I looked at the logs online and worked a representative to figure out what would work for us. The appointment was easy to schedule. The installer arrived ready to go and did a very quick, professional job. It was great.

Description of Work
Fireplaces Plus provided and installed a gas log set in my vented gas fireplace.

12/20/2006

DAVID O.

Installation was made quickly (3 days after ordering). Installer arrived promptly and was friendly and courteous. However, we detected a slight odor of natural gas that evening, and again two days later so we called the fire department who shut off the gas. I contacted Fireplaces Plus by phone (this was a Saturday PM), reported the problem, and the owner and the installer came to our house late that afternoon to fix the problem. They recommended strongly that we replace the copper pipes with black pipe as copper is out of code where we live. They felt the leak may have been related to that. I am not happy, of course, that we had the leak; that should have been detected when the igniter was installed. I was happy, though, that the company responded quickly when we called them late Saturday afternoon and fixed the problem, instead of telling us to wait until Monday! I have to only give them a B because of the initial gas leak of course.

Description of Work
Installed remote control starter/controller.

11/16/2006

HOPE F.

Very satisfied with the auto startup system, materials and design. Sales experience was far superior to a larger, more prominent Fireplace retailer in the general area.

Description of Work
Converted our gas starting wood burning fireplace to ceramic log and ember burning system.

Category gas logs

Fireplaces (Wood Burning, Direct-Vent, Vent-Free, Electric), Inserts, Stoves, Burners, Mantels, Doors, Screens, Gas Logs, Accessories and more

Chimney Cleaning