Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Albany, NY
There are 3 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Albany
- CHM Engineering, PLLCJohn and Collin conducted a site visit to my home for a consultation regarding my detached garage. They were very knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. In the end, my project did not require an engineering approval letter, but I would definitely use them for any future needs for structural engineering services
- CES Consultant Engineering Services PLLCWe needed to cut two members of our attic trusses in order to install a whole-house fan. Robert Mann of CES called us within hours of our Angie's List search and offered to come to our house that very afternoon! He took a look at the trusses and came up with a rough proposal on the spot. Back at his office he ran the numbers and sent us a detailed drawing of the changes the following week. We then contracted a carpenter who successfully implemented the changes based on the structural engineer's specifications. We were happy with Robert's responsiveness and work and would definitely hire him again
- New England StructuralI was very impressed by his knowledge. Gary was responsive and professional and just what I needed to move my project ahead. I would not hesitate in recommending him to others.
- ArchitexTim from Architex is who performed the service. I was quite impressed with his understanding of the situation and his punctuality since it was a home purchase and we had a tight timeline and budget. Tim came out right away to inspect the site and had great advice to give me on the issue. I feel Tim is trustworthy based on what he said to me, he didn't actually recommend follow-up service through him for these issues. Normally I would have expected a sales pitch for some serious work. He gave a very honest assessment that was in my favor not his. I will likely go back to Tim for other work later down the road that will require an architect based on my interaction with him here. I should also say Tim was very knowledgeable about historic buildings and was a treasure trove of information on these types of structures
- HEFLIN ASSOCIATESIt couldn't have gone better. It was a very positive and painless process. They started building our house in March and just finished it today. They have been right on schedule. Gary's crew did awesome work and the house looks fantastic. I can't say enough good about Heflin Builders. I would recommend them to anyone. We love our new house. The attention to detail was incredible
- New England StructuralThe guys were great Gary was in constant communication and Rob the forman onsite was great to talk to also. Both kept us on time and on budget. If you have a major structural issue to fix these are the guys you want to fix it. I had another A rated contractor on Angies list check out our project prior to New England Structural. The guy just kept shaking his head back and forth saying over and over how big of a job it would be. He also quoted me over 2 and a half times what NES quote
- New England StructuralThey were thorough and very skillful in what they had to do. The main wall in the front of my building was bowing and I had different people look at it and they all felt it was structural; these guys were the only ones that I found who could do the work. They were quite knowledgeable in what they did and explained what they were doing along the way. They were in constant communication with me. The person in charge was very knowledgeable and the people who were actually doing the work were also very skillful. They were very helpful. Their prices were a little high but I did not have much choice. The quality of work was fine. When I explained the job to them they informed me that they were not a speedy company because of the nature of the work; they would rather take the time to do the work rather than do it speedily
- New England StructuralIt seemed fine initially. He was very friendly and engaging. However, within a few weeks of completing the work, the fireplace began to fall apart. Shortly after that, one of the supports in the basement began to loosen. We called and emailed Gary multiple times with no response. When I finally heard from him, he insisted he was sending someone to do the repairs. That was in the spring of 2017. No one came and we have not heard from him since
- New England StructuralSlow. Not responsive. Rug cut incorrectly. Light fixtures crooked. Paint everywhere. Electric wired incorrectly...sparking. unresponsive. Had to hire electrician to repair and new England would not reimburse. They never attached heating ducts to vents. We only knew when we took vents off to try and get paint off of them! Contacted them and was told to buy a big magnet and fix ourselves. Everyday we find issues. Over 20K
- New England StructuralI am not going to go into a litany of the problems I had with this company. Suffice to say they were many. I was terribly disappointed with the whole mess. Caveat Emptor let the buyer beware.
Structural Engineers in Albany
- Business Description:Family owned and operated with 30+ years of experience. There is no job too small! Military / Senior discounts.Recent Review:Repairs appear excellent. Done quickly and at a very fair price compared to other contractors. Friendly and helpful!Nat F.
- Business Description:Koshgarian Family Builders & Excavation proudly serves its customers with pride, integrity and attention to the details that matter most to you. This is one of the many things that sets us apart from the rest. We are locally owned and operated since 1997. We have a wide range of skills but specialize in Excavation, grading and sloping, drainage, utility trenches and installation, small bridges, Demolition, retaining walls, patios, pavers .outdoor fireplaces, stump and downed tree removal and ..Recent Review:It was done in a timely and efficient manner. Michael was very professional and kept us informed as the job progressed. His price estimate was very reasonable and competitive with the other three contractors we solicited bids from!!Larry A.
- Business Description:Family and locally owned, Smart Home Outfitters is your premier home automation company. We specialize in the integration of smart systems into your home across multiple products and platforms. Creating a one stop shop to outfit your home with all the necessary and most up to date equipment to make your life more convenient, efficient and secureRecent Review:C&J did an incredible job completely gutting and remodeling our 1895 farmhouse. This was a huge 8-month job with the variety of complications and required changes an old house can throw at you; throughout the process Craig and Jerry offered excellent design suggestions, collaborated very well with our architects, worked diligently to stay on budget, and each day demonstrated craftsmanship and professionalism of the highest level. C&J’s team of subcontractors and designers are excellent too. These people are the best the building trade has to offer: conscientious, skilled, creative, and a pleasure to work with. Hoping to have them back soon to remodel the guest cottage and garage! See Photos here: [*** Link removed ***Mark M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Ryan Builders is a family owned and operated business serving the Capital District for over 30 years. While retaining our traditional buidling expertise Ryan Builders is your #1 choice for modern day building needs. Financially sound and fully insurred, Ryan Builders accepts cash and checks
- Business Description:Sense Projects introduced as one stop solutions for your all related Interior Designing, Architectural Planning , Civil construction, Turnkey Projects, Structural Fabrication and Erection work, best class services is providing in Delhi, Noida & Gurgaon, Indi
- Business Description:Architex is a dynamic architectural planning & design firm located in the heart of the Capital Region with extensive experience planning and designing residential and commercial building projects throughout New York StateRecent Review:We had trouble with him. So we had to go with somebody else. I ended up spending about $10000 with him. The architectural plans were very professional, but the bad thing was he kind of just did what he wanted to do instead of making plans for we wanted to do. He also drew some plans with an assumption without making a verification. The way it stands now, I'm like a hairpin from filing a lawsuit. But I probably won't go there. What I do think is important is to have the fact that when people look on Angie's List for this architect they need to understand that he is going to do what he wants to do and not what you want to do. He made some assumptions with our house based on tradition without verifying the facts. For instance he thought the house was built on a frost wall which means the foundation goes 4 ft. below the ground. He just made that assumption, but then never verified it. The house was built in 1960. In addition to that when we confronted him about the issue he said, "Oh well, I'm busy right now. I can't get to it for another month." In my mind, if I have a client who has paid me $10000 I would say, "Okay, well let's look at it and let's see how we can fix it." That really put us over the hill. The price was kind of on the higher end. We had to spend another $5000 to go with another architect. He could have had more frequent interactions. It probably didn't help that we're hundreds of miles apart, but you've got phone, you've got Internet, you've got all kinds of online access. He could have given us more feedback instead of less frequent and maybe this issue would have been caught in early stagesMary C.
- Business Description:The Milovia Group is a structural engineering firm specializing in traditional structural engineering, renewable energy technologies and passive solar homes and retrofits.
- Business Description:Structural Engineering ConsultantRecent Review:It couldn't have gone better. It was a very positive and painless process. They started building our house in March and just finished it today. They have been right on schedule. Gary's crew did awesome work and the house looks fantastic. I can't say enough good about Heflin Builders. I would recommend them to anyone. We love our new house. The attention to detail was incredible. <br /Debra L.
- Business Description:Full services Architecture, Engineering and Surveying Firm located in the Capital District. In business since 1910. Services include Architecture, Energy & Building Systems, Civil Engineering, Environmental Services, Land Services and Survey
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Installing steel beams in or around your home costs $3,000 on average but can come with all kinds of hidden fees. To avoid any surprises, you’ll want to prepare for all scenarios. This steel beam cost guide will help you budget for your project.
If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Find structural engineers in
- Feura Bush
- Green Island
- East Greenbush
- East Berne
- West Sand Lake
structural engineers in Albany
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- C.T. Male Associates Engineering, Surveying, Architecture, Landscape Architecture & Geology, D.P.C.50 Century Hill Dr
Latham, New York
- C.T. Male Associates Engineering, Surveying, Architecture, Landscape Architecture & Geology, D.P.C.
- Architex52 Grandview Dr
Latham, New York
- Braley Restoration1209 Rte 203
Chatham, New York
- Braley Restoration
- Composite Technology & Infrastructure, LLC51 Maplewood Ave
Albany, New York
- Composite Technology & Infrastructure, LLC
- Daniel Contelmo Architects30 croft road
Poughkeepsie, New York
- Daniel Contelmo Architects
- Five Star General Masonry365 Saratoga Rd
Schenectady, New York
- Five Star General Masonry
- HEFLIN ASSOCIATES858 MAIN ST
Clifton Park, New York
- HEFLIN ASSOCIATES
- Koshgarian Family Builders and Excavation261 Greenfield Ave
Ballston Spa, New York
- Koshgarian Family Builders and Excavation
- Longtin Engineering10 Main St
Ballston Lake, New York
- Longtin Engineering
- North Country Landscapes, LLC10680 State Route 9W
Coxsackie, New York
- North Country Landscapes, LLC
- Restoration Technologies Inc.40 Katin lane
Cairo, New York
- Restoration Technologies Inc.
- The Milovia Group2575 Johnson Rd
Glenville, New York
- The Milovia Group