Mohawk Heating Co Inc

Duanesburg, NY 12056

Family Owned & Operated.

06/15/2022

Joan G.

I've been using them for many years now, They were professional, reliable and prompt. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They did cleaning to our heater and cooler. They also replaced a broken furnace.

11/27/2019

Irene R.

It was good. They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
They inspected some heating that was redone.

04/11/2019

Brian H.

My daughter was in need of replacing her old air conditioning unit and she turned to Mohawk Heating since our family has had great experience with them in the past. Greg, the Sales Manager, came and spent a great deal of time helping to figure out the best place to install the unit, as the current location was unfavorable. He was easy to deal with, very knowledgeable and very willing to please. A new humidifier was also needed for the furnace. Agreement was reached and Joe and John, the technicians, came yesterday for the install. They were excellent in every way - courteous, communicative, very knowledgeable, and thoughtful about approach, since cable ducts were necessary to install the a/c unit at the new location. They worked non-stop all day, making sure the job was done right. They were neat in their approach, which was appreciated. Joe took time to explain how the new humidifier worked in conjunction with the furnace and nest thermostat. The new a/c unit and placement look terrific and enhance the look of the house. We would definitely use them again and would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Install a new Lennox air conditioning unit.

11/02/2018

Gregory H.

Our first and only experience with Mohawk went badly. Two of their staff did routine summer cleaning of our oil furnace. When we began heating in the fall, we noticed black smoke coming from the chimney and soot on the furnace itself. It was likely due to the Mohawk service, because we never had such problems before. Given the possibility that they had mishandled the summer service, we thought it best to have another firm assess the situation. The other firm found that the Mohawk servicemen had not tightened the fuel nozzle when they replaced it. There was not only black smoke and soot, but unburned oil was leaking out of the loose nozzle onto the bottom of the furnace and the cellar floor. The technician also detected what he called "scary" carbon monoxide readings. It took him four hours of difficult, dirty work to get the furnace operating properly. Also, I had to clean the chimney, which was badly sooted up. When I contacted Mohawk afterwards, I was disappointed but not too surprised that rather than expressing any regret or even interest in our serious problem, they took issue with our engaging another firm. I asked them to reimburse the rather substantial repair bill we incurred, but they said they "can't" reimburse for another firm's work. They said I should have called them and they would have fixed it. Having had a bad experience with them, I did not trust them to do it right. The only reason I am giving a D instead of an F is the loose nozzle was inadvertent. However, the consequences were serious and could have been even worse.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance on furnace

10/22/2018

Liisa D.

They did a really good job and and are extremely friendly. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They have installed 2 AC systems and a new furnace and heating system upstairs. They also service them.

09/18/2017

Adele S.

The equipment I purchased from these people and I've had good luck with them. Price is competitive. I imagine they're competitive with anybody else. My guess would be they would be competitive with other providers of that service. They did good work. They knew what they were doing. They're reliable. They do a good job and I'd say yes. They seem to know what they're doing. They're professional people.

Description of Work
They came in to do an inspection for both the furnace and the air conditioning. They had to replace some parts and all that sort of thing. It was a yearly inspection and replacement of a big filter on the air conditioning. It was a normal yearly thing that they do.

06/14/2017

Charles B.

It was excellent. The crew of Jason and Jason showed up early. They were friendly and professional. They were efficient and got the job done in about 2 days. I was very happy with their service.

Description of Work
We had a new high efficiency furnace and A/C installed. We also had the ducts cleaned.

03/20/2017

Terri S.

I would totally recommend them to anyone. The sales man was on time and gave a great price. The 2 young men that put a duck up my living room wall and into a bedroom did it with great care and the least amount of mess that they could. They cleaned up after themselves. They too were on time for the job.

Description of Work
I had to put heat in one of my bedrooms

01/12/2017

Eleanor L.

It was fine, no problems. I didn't have anything wrong, they were just checking things. They vacuumed like they normally do and went out and checked the air conditioner, they opened the door, took the instrument reading and they told me everything was fine.

Description of Work
They checked the air conditioner.

01/12/2017

Eleanor L.

I have a contract. It was $178 for the air conditioner and the heating system. I like Mohawk Heating. They put a new heating system in. I'm very happy with them. I usually would have them to check the air conditioner in the summer before I used it and to check the heating system in the fall before I used it. They're a good company, I'm happy with them. They were fair on pricing. I have no complaints. I didn't check any of the other companies for price. They're the only ones I've had. I haven't compared them.

Description of Work
They checked the furnace.

11/15/2016

Kimberly S.

Before selecting a firm, we had 3 competitive bids - Mohawk was honest and had a great price. The saleman was not pushy in any way and really worked with us to find the right systems for us. He didnt try to sell us things we didnt need which we grately appreciated. The 2 installers were fabulous - punctual, courteous and cleaned everythign up before they left.

Description of Work
We replaced a very old furnace and central air unit.

09/26/2016

Karen B.

They did a good job and explained everything clearly to me.

Description of Work
Yearly cleaning of air conditioner and furnace.

05/19/2015

Sandra C.

It was an emergency call. I called and they came right away. I paid an addition $245. It was for cleaning and it covered any other calls. He did a diagnostics and there were parts that had to be replaced.

Description of Work
They fixed my furnace.

12/31/2014

Tracy G.

They worked for about half a day. They sent two very knowledgeable technicians. They explained what they were going to do and did it. They were very professional and I liked that they gave me tips for maintenance and things I would need to look out for after they left.

Description of Work
They did a whole house duct cleaning. They also did a dryer vent and furnace cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

11/26/2014

david D.

I was disappointed that the coil failed on a 3 year old furnace. Also, BE AWARE that Mohawk heating will no longer sell parts to it's customers. My furnace igniter needs to be replaced every year on the Lennox furnace that Mohawk installed. Recently, I have been able to change the igniter myself but now Mohawk will no longer sell me a new igniter. They did offer to make a service call and replace it for me...

Description of Work
Replaced the Central A/C coil.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/18/2014

Kathy D.

Would have given A if not for the wire.

Description of Work
Had new Lennox gas furnace with humidifier and new A/C installed along with a split duct A/C heat pump for upstairs bedroom. Also had ducts cleaned. Very happy with it and great price for all. Had 2 other estimates and Mohawk beat them both. Did have a problem with a wire accidentally not reconnected for dishwasher but quickly fixed next day after phone call.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/20/2014

Tommy C.

Excellent service from the engineer, Martin. He is very knowledgeable and patient to explain on the issue to me as first time homeowner.

Description of Work
Top of up of the freon gas, replacing condensation pump, dyes injection, and leakage detection.

06/04/2014

Margo V.

Our experience with Mohawk Heating staff was exceptional . The sales manager (Erik Dietershagen) was very knowledgeable, professional and offered guidance regarding Lennox available models to ensure the right fit for our townhouse. Mr Dietershagen also provided time and space for us to make our own decisions. Mohawk Heating sent two installers to do the job: Mr, Ryan Piccrillo and Mr. Cody Beninati They were also very knowledgeable, professional and respectful. They paid close attention to detail. The space was left impeccably clean and the wiring and venting was well done. The job was done in a day an a half. We called On-call service at night to check on our alarms and Mr Steve Plant responded quickly to ensure that there was not problem with the equipment installed. We will give Mohawk heating an A+ for the job well done!

Description of Work
Mohawk Heating Co. Inc removed and replaced the old furnace with Lennox Elite 80% AFUE and Installed a new Lennox Signature Collection AC

05/15/2014

Donna M.

It was good. They came in 20 minutes and when they said they were here, they really were here. They had some good advice for me for the running system and they took the time when they said they would. The guys were polite and careful of the house. It was generally positive and the system is now more efficient. One thing I didn't realize that was pointed out to me was that their suction unit was in their truck and I guess there are companies that bring vacuums into the house and this is the positive favor of style in that cleaning. The type of cleaning that they did was preferable to me and I consider the price to be reasonable. They also gave me a rival time instead of being there some time in the morning.

Description of Work
Mohawk Heating Co. Inc. provided me an air duct cleaning service.

Category air duct cleaning

05/14/2014

Courtney W.

My husband and I recently purchased a home with no Central Air. We called Mohawk Heating and a representative came to our home to give us an estimate on what would work best for the configuration of our home. We received other estimates and ended up calling Mohawk heating back to the house to answer some additional questions. After the second visit from the sales rep we decided to go with Mohawk and we picked the dates to have all of the work done. The sales rep did not over sell his products and gave us a fair price. When the time came to install, Cody and Ryan (the technicians) came to our home on time and were very neat and efficient with their work. They answered several questions and cleaned up at the end of the day. Although it took 2 full days to have both systems installed, Ryan and Cody were a delight to have in our home. They were very professional. We have a house full of animals...2 dogs and 2 cats. They were very patient and kind when the animals wanted to "investigate funny noises". We will call Mohawk Heating when the need arises in the future.

Description of Work
Installed Lennox Central Air Conditioning unit to existing duct work and cleaned all duct work. Made repairs on existing duct work. Also installed a Lennox Ductless Split in the Great Room.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

04/17/2014

Douglas K.

I had problems with sweating ducts in my basement. I called Mohawk Heating ( the company that installed my central air conditioning unit ),the person I spoke with said this is common and to use a dehumidifier and insulate the duct work. I did this and thought everything was fixed. About five years later, I noticed water stains on my ceiling. I removed all the drywall looking for the cause, I found that all the stains were under the ducting. I called Mohawk again ( this time speaking with the manager ) he told me I had a dampness issue. He said to use a dehumidifier and insulate the ducting.I was told there was nothing wrong with the air conditioning unit.I insulated all the duct work and re-drywalled the ceilings.Soon after I noticed dark patches on the parts of the ceiling . I cut the pieces out and discovered it was mold and that it was located under different air ducts. I realized I had a serious problem and I was not getting any help from Mohawk. I then did some research on my own to see if I could find out the answer to my situation.To my surprise I discovered the air conditioner that Mohawk installed was to big for my house. I then went to Mohawk ( this was in 2013 ) to tell them I believed the air conditioning unit they installed was to big for my house.I told them about all the damage to my ceilings. Mohawk then sent a technician to my house. I was told there was nothing wrong with the size of the AC unit and that I had a moisture problem and to use dehumidifiers. I then had four different HVCC companies come to my house to see if they could solve the problem.I was told by all four companies that the AC unit I had was to large for my house and that was what was causing the moisture problem. ( the only time I have a moisture problem is when the AC is on ) On April 7th,2014 I contacted the owner at Mohawk. I was told by him that indeed, my AC unit was to large for my house.He told me he would be willing to take $500 off the price of a new unit. This is unacceptable. I have lost all trust in Mohawk and I will never do business with the company again.I will hire one of the other companies that confirmed the over size issue install a new AC unit

Description of Work
Installed Central Air in 2003.

12/08/2013

michael M.

they knew exactly what they were doingI have a small ranch house ducts have not been cleaned since house was built in 1958. called Mohawk Heating and Plumbing made a appointment they (2) men on time with a specal truck just for duct cleanig. The men were very nice answered my questions.I could tell Did a great job will use again

Description of Work
Cleaned air air ducts and returns

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

11/09/2013

carol H.

I needed a new furnace and they installed it for me. They worked professionally and cleaned up after themselves. They explained the furnace to me how it worked and what I would need to replace each year.

09/21/2013

Faye B.

They removed my old furnace, installed the new furnace a couple weeks after the estimate, installed and explained the wi-fi thermostat, cleaned up, were very easy to work with. I especially appreciated their patience in answering all my questions. I love my new system. I wish I had done this years ago. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced my old gas furnace and installed a gas Lennox furnace and air-conditioning system.

09/03/2013

Robert L.

When I called, the reception person was very positive about the company. She said, "Oh, you will like our service"-like that was the standard response. I spoke to a different scheduler later and she felt the same way. The employees were proud of the company. The repair person came out repaired the furnace in a competent fashion. They all had pride in their work and backed it up with good performance. I felt very fortunate to have discovered them.

Description of Work
Repaired heating system.

All Trades Plumbing and Construction

Visit our website to see over 325, "5 star", certified, and detailed reviews... https://pro.homeadvisor.com/ratings/................................................................................................................................................... Small local company, big time service. We strive to do the best work we can, with quality long lasting parts, at a lower price than the big boy competitors. We specialize in WATER HEATERS, drain clearing, and water sanatizing and filtration. For 35 years we have been helping home owners add value to their homes. The wave of the future is clean water. We install the highest quality, no-salt, little maintenance, whole house filtration units. Protect your home and your family by getting this done today!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

My Dryer Vent Guy

Professional Dryer Vent Installation, Cleaning and Repairs. We can install through attics, crawlspaces, cellars, roofs and walls. What Separates Us From Other Companies That Offer Dryer Vent Installation and Cleaning? We educate all of our customers. Not only will you receive quality expert service, but you will also learn how to keep your dryer operating safely and efficiently to prevent fires and save money on your utility bills. We are committed to educate you of the hazards within a dryer vent in addition to performing an important service.

Adams Heating & Cooling Inc

Here at Adams Heating & Cooling, we believe in giving you the best quality product with the best quality service. Whether you're looking for a new furnace, repairs to that rattling AC, or ridding your air ducts of germs and debris, we've got you covered with cost-effective, energy-efficient solutions. Because we're family-owned and operated, Adams is dedicated to a different kind of doing business: Family thinking: We want to know how we can help you. Whether you're looking to repair or replace, a highly trained technician will talk with you about what you need for your home or office to find a real solution that lasts. Nothing short-term and nothing you don't need. Know what you're getting: At Adams, we want our customers to know exactly what they're buying. That's why we have an Education Room at our centrally located warehouse, where you can see and hear for yourself the difference our quality heating and cooling products will make. The service you deserve: Adams Heating & Cooling offers the best HVAC Services in the business. We offer service plans for a single visit, annual diagnostic, or seasonal, six-part inspections. We can tailor any plan to meet your needs and with our fully stocked warehouse and workshop, we can promise you'll never need to wait on a part. Peace of mind: Being part of a community means being there when your customers need you. That's why Adams has a 24-hour emergency line, so our customers know they can reach a real, live person, anytime, day or night.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available, American Express

Air conditioning repair, furnace repair, boiler repair new HVAC system installation & duct cleaning.