The Davey Tree Expert Company

Founded 1880 • With Angi since July 2006

Call today for a free consultation. Our team of certified arborists provides expert tree services, trimming, removals, insect and disease prevention and more. All Davey Tree specialists are licensed, bonded and insured and committed to personalized client service and accomplishing your property

Gary Schermerhorn, Albany District Manager

tree service (194)lawn treatment (24)lawn & landscaping (21)lawn care (17)mulch delivering (6)hardscaping (3)pest control (3)leaf removal (1)

06/07/2022

anthony C.

Excellent, on time and professional for estimate.

Description of Work
Simple Tree removal

Work Completed On 06/07/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to share a review! Thank you for the feedback, and have a great day!

11/20/2020

Lawrence K.

They do not work in my area, although your list said they did. So never was able to use them.

Description of Work
Stump Grinding

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Thank you for the feedback, [Member Name Removed] - We appreciate the information and will forward to the appropriate team.

08/24/2020

Marcia H.

Prompt service, mature tree, no treatment needed for insects present on/in tree, normal for age of tree. Sap problems noted due to fungus problem and fungicide spray done for that issue. Great that this long standing reputable company representative would not sell a service for an issue I saw, but was normal and untreatable. Other companies would have sprayed, treated, and charged me and I wouldn't have known that my money was wasted. Thank you Davey Trees

Description of Work
Evaluation for tree insect impact

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

05/24/2020

John M.

The contractor never responded to our request.

Description of Work
Tree work, stump removal

Work Completed On 05/24/2020

Hi, [Member Name Removed] - we have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate team for follow up. Thank you!

05/09/2020

michael C.

Everything went well. Will hire again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Trees needing to be thinned out. Removal or 1 tree. Vines pulled out.

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

08/07/2019

Barbara S.

It did go well at all they never even contacted me.. along with 4 other company's i reached out to

Description of Work
tree trimming

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

04/10/2019

Eileen H.

Exceedingly well. Davey cares about the proper trimming of trees to ensure that trees stay healthy and thrive into the future. Company uses a horticultural approach to their work. They also detect potential disease issues and provide great advice. Staff are highly interactive, explain thought processes and recommendations. A tree lover’s company!!

Description of Work
Trimming of multiple trees including crab apples, pines, hemlock, beech and oak.

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

10/29/2018

Bill J.

Dis not perform services, price was twice as high as next closest of three quotes. I'm sure they have lots of employees and equipment, but their prices are completely out of line for the work.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/25/2018

Dianne D.

The person who was scheduled to come out was a no show on the first scheduled date. He did arrive on the second scheduled date. I signed a proposal that wasn't sent to the office right away. I want to compliment Sara who works in the office at Daveys she was great and took steps to correct each issue. I really appreciated her professionalism and assistance.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and/or removal. No monies were paid because the work is scheduled for January or February

10/08/2018

Rob N.

I called twice and left messages regarding estimates for looking at our trees on a residential property, trimming and wrapping evergreens. Never bothered to return my call; apparently too busy? Very unprofessional to run a business that way.

Description of Work
called for tree trimming and company never responded

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

07/23/2018

Bob L.

I got a quote from Davey, just to see what the Rolls-Royce of tree removal would charge. They wanted $6,561. Then I asked for my local "mom & pop" tree guys what they would charge for the same job. Answer: $2,200. So I awarded the job to my local guys and even gave them a huge tip, for a total of $3,000. Over 50% less than Davey.

Description of Work
Remove 9 good sized trees.

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

12/18/2017

John H.

Ed came for the initial consultation, spent a lot of time with me explaining all the trees on my property, and what can or can not be done with them. He was very professional and definitely knew his stuff. They had an emailed me an estimate quite soon afterwards. The price seemed high, and we ended up getting quotes for other companies as well, and many companies did bid lower. We waited a month or two thinking about it and finally decided to give the work to Daveys since they seemed very trustworthy and we had good faith that they would do the job well. They were able to schedule the work in a couple of weeks, and honored the initial proposal even though we had waited past the expatriation date. They showed up the day that they said they would, although there was no phone call or anything confirming it beforehand, so we were a bit worried that they would not show up. They did show up around 9am, right when I was getting ready to call the office to make sure they were coming in. The crew that showed up were extremely professional, and polite. They did great work, and were also working very safe. They were also willing to take extra dead wood that we had piled up away with them which was a great bonus for us.

Description of Work
Tree trimming of several trees located around our house. One very large oak tree located very close by.

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

08/23/2017

Brian F.

It went very well. We will be hiring them again.

Description of Work
We did some major landscape additions prior to a greduation party. They were able to do a first rate job in the time constraint we presented them and they met our deadlines. The quality of the plants, shrubs and trees were better than expected and the design and layout using low maintenance plants but a variety of colors and types Joe pit together exceeded our expectations.

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

03/30/2017

Vincent L.

It went well. Their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They trimmed trees.

Work Completed On 03/30/2015

William B.

They did two large oak trees for us. They've done removal, trimming and installation of new trees for us. They've been here on and off quite a bit for the last 12 months. They're not cheap, but they do good work.

Description of Work
They were here to trim a tree.

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

James J.

They could have done a better job when they cut the tree down and put the new tree back up. There was lot of sawdust and stuff that killed the ground cover there in that area. They could have done better with that.

Description of Work
They trimmed and replaced a tree in my yard.

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

john R.

They are excellent. They are a little bit pricey but they are the best there is. We’ve had them for years.

Description of Work
They do our trees here. They cut down our tree.

Work Completed On 10/15/2016

02/07/2017

Douglas K.

They have been very good. We just renewed our contract with them.

Description of Work
Treatment on our lawn.

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 09/06/2016

02/02/2017

Elouise B.

They were very professional and knowledgeable. I do think the price was rather high. I will not be using them again, due to finding someone less expensive.

Description of Work
They came out and did aphid protection.

Work Completed On 07/02/2016

01/21/2017

Kathleen B.

Work was never done. I received and accepted an estimate in July 2016. By mid August I heard nothing. I contacted the office (phone and email) 3 times in August and received no reply. My last email was in Sept. I told them to cancel the contract and to expect an "F" on Angie's list. Within 1/2 hr. I got both and email and a phone call from them. If this is what it takes to get a reply from them, they aren't worth it. I'll get someone else to do the work.

Description of Work
Tree Pruning

Work Completed On 01/21/2017

Robert W.

They did a good job. They removed the tree and they did as much as they could to get the stump out. I can't remember the price. I must have been satisfied because I do remember giving the man a gratuity. I actually know some of the people who work for this outfit because they've done other jobs for us in the past. They were very professional, they came out as planned, they did what they had to do and they did it efficiently.

Description of Work
We had a tree removed in our backyard about a year and a half ago.

Work Completed On 04/01/2015

Harriet B.

They did a good job. We needed them to be there when it was frozen and it was a warm winter that year. We had a problem getting a time when it was frozen. They were fine, area was fine, but they did leave some impressions in the lawn.

Description of Work
The Davey Tree Expert Company-Albany took some trees down and trimmed some of the trees.

Work Completed On 10/18/2013

John D.

We were happy with their work. I would recommend them. It was really cool watching them pick up one of the trees and just swing it out past the house.

Description of Work
The Davey Tree Expert Co. took out a couple of trees. One, they took out way back in our woods and we just had them leave it there and another was next to the house which they removed.

Work Completed On 10/18/2014