Regrouting your shower professionally costs an average of $10 to $25 per square foot
Matching on Angi
Tile Contractor Reviews Near You
Tile Contractors Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Tile Contractors project in Ashburn, VA
Deals from Nearby Tilers
Similar to Tile Contractors
Tiles are unique, flexible, and convenient flooring options for the home. They can breathe life into a dull kitchen, bathroom, or living room. Because they’re easy to customize, tiles can be designed for aesthetic appeal, water resistance, and ease of cleaning.
Cost of Tile floors
Tile flooring installation typically costs homeowners an average of $1758.
Depending on the type of tiles, the size of the home, and your flooring installer, expect to spend between $867-$2676. Installing tiles is often a more intricate process than other flooring materials may require. In addition to labor and material costs, factor in the sub-flooring and the pattern that will be used for laying individual tiles. Therefore, the size and shape of a room will significantly influence installation costs.
Common Types of Tiles
- Ceramic/Porcelain: These are the most common tiling materials used in homes. Ceramic and porcelain are flexible, easy to modify, and cost-effective to install. Ceramic/porcelain tiles are water resistant for bathroom and kitchen applications, harder for temperature tolerance, or stain resistant for mudrooms and outdoor areas.
- Marble: Marble tiles are elegant flooring materials. They mirror the look of natural stone while remaining durable and easy to customize.
- Glass: Glass tiles are excellent for kitchens, bathrooms and other areas where you may want to add a flashy and attractive appearance. They hide stains well while preventing mold growth and water damage.
- Metal: increasingly popular copper and stainless steel can grant old or modern looks.
- Other Stone: Granite, Travertine, Slate and Limestone are options as well. If installing in a bathroom or kitchen, be sure to ask about sealing them to withstand moisture.
Working with Tile installers
Because laying tiles is a delicate process, always ensure you choose a contractor who has adequate experience and expertise. Here are some tips:
- Obtain at least three estimates to ensure a competitive price in your area.
- Do a moderate background check - read reviews and ratings online.
- Ask for a portfolio of their previous work and references from prior customers.
- Be aware of the type of tiles you need and their cost. This will make it easier to determine if the contractor is charging a fair price.
With proper care, tiles can last for up to 20 years with minimal maintenance. If you pick the right look and feel for your area, you might also add to the appeal when it comes time to sell your home. For example, Travertine and rustic options are more popular in the West, while more traditional options rule in the Eastern US.
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Ceramic Tile Installer Articles
The typical cost to seal grout is between $60 to $250 for 160 square feet (the average kitchen size), including material and labor costs