Homeowners may wonder what happens if they regrout over their existing grout. Read on to learn what the answer is and tips to know about the process.
Get matched with top tile installers in Palmyra, VA
There are 12 highly-rated local tile installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tile Installation Reviews in Palmyra
- Troy-Bilt ConstructionAll work went as it always does with Troy! Smooth Stress Free and Comforting meaning no worries! It’s best to just let Troy do what he does and that’s make the task at hand happen with great craftsmanship and showing amazing detail to every little aspect of the project throughout the entire job! Anyone looking for a contractor Need not to hesitate when hiring Troy for your project! He’ll make you feel lucky as everyone does to know and have a contractor like him for your projects
- Eagle Eye FlooringAbsolutely amazing job!! I would recommend him highly. Awesome work and such a great guy to work with. You will not go wrong hiring him!! I am ready to complete my bathrooms and will be calling!
- ColorbrightThe colors look great and the floor came out better than expected. I was pleasantly surprised and would definetly hire again.
- Commonwealth Contractors, LLCWe hired Luke and his crew to pull out some old hardwood, tile and laminate floors and replace them with new hardwood. Except it wasn't that simple. The upshot . . . Luke's team was very communicative, honest and upfront with us about everything, dealt with a crazy situation in a way that made things far smoother for us, and did very high quality work. With them you are getting a company that cares about the quality of their work product and the customers they serve. The details . . . We only decided to replace all of the downstairs floors because we needed some joist repair work done in one room, and the contractor we hired for that job needed the existing floor removed to do the work. Luke's team worked around the schedule of the other contractor, and was flexible in doing so. The other contractor was a huge company that we hired because they are well-known and supposedly specialize in structural work. But--maybe because they were so big--it was a constant struggle to communicate with them. We had a different person as the sales guy, the regional job scheduler, the local office scheduler, and the actual work crew that would be on site. There were many communications blunders and rescheduling. After the other contractor finished their work, Luke's team came in to put the new floors down. I asked some questions about some apparently old damage to some support beams that was viewable with the old floor removed. Luke had a supervisor of a construction crew on a nearby job come over, and he inspected the area with me and we quickly realized the damage was extensive and affected a primary support beam in the middle of the house. Sparing further detail, this created the need for more work (that would be both substantial and expensive). Luke sprang into action--I cannot tell you ow many mountains they moved to get the new work done quickly and on a reasonable budget. They were literally calling around all weekend to find a truly massive beam, dry and ready for install, that could be transported to a mill nearby to be ripped to the odd dimensions of the old beam in our 1920 home. They brought in a different crew than the flooring one, built a false wall to support the house, and got the massive new beam in place quickly and safely. It was a major undertaking. It could have, and probably should have panicked us. But Luke was great. He and others at the company were very mindful of how the ordeal was likely affecting us. They worked around us, offered various forms of assistance to make our lives easier, were considerate of the pets, dust, noise, etc. I was initially surprised the huge company didn't catch the structural damage. There were a few obvious signs of it, and you only had to inspect a little bit behind was superficially visible to discover the massive problem. But in retrospect, I am not surprised. The company was too big to care. One guy sells you the contract, another does an inspection, a different office schedules the crew, the crew does what's written on the plans. It was impersonal, and ineffective in the end. Luke and his team were different. Luke and others were involved in every aspect of the business and the work, Luke was onsite at least once most days, they moved crews around to adjust to unexpected difficulties, etc. And the fact that these guys know this area well paid off huge when we needed to find unique materials at a difficult time. The work looks great. We love the finished look of the new hickory floors--which flow seamlessly through many rooms and a narrow hallway. But I'm most pleased by the fact that Luke's company made sure that our home is safe. You can't beat that peace of mind. Luke has followed up with us a couple of time since the job. He cares that we're happy with it. I didn't know Luke or anyone at the company before we cold-called them among several companies to get an estimate for the simple flooring job. I have no reason to put this much effort into a review other than the fact that these guys really came through for us in a big way. Hire a company that cares about its work and cares about you. I totally recommend Commonwealth. (first two photos are of the structural fix, the rest are of the new hardwood flooring
- Commonwealth Contractors, LLCWe hired Commonwealth Contractors to remodel 2 bathrooms in our house. We had marble tiled floors, new toilets and vanities in both bathrooms. The master shower carried the floor tile up the wall and turned out gorgeous. In the hallway bathroom, Luke and team installed shiplap walls and a new tub for a contemporary farmhouse look. The team was efficient and friendly. They listened to my ideas and helped me to formulate a cohesive plan that really elevated the house. I am very thankful, and will definitely hire again
- Commonwealth Contractors, LLCWe were moving and needed a quote to get some siding work done fast after the inspection came back. While we ended up crediting the buyer instead of moving forward with the installation, Luke made time to get us a quote in a extremely short turnaround that helped us make some decisions at no cost. He even gave us a recommendation on some great movers
- Cyrus Construction LPI needed to have the work completed for open house on 719/14. Alll work was completed by that date as promised.
- Troy-Bilt ConstructionI'm beyond pleased with the final results of the projects! It all went Great from to start to finish! The job finished ahead of schedule. Troy finished-in a big bedroom and a beautiful spacious bathroom downstairs in my basement. I was going to put carpet in the whole thing but Troy talked me into just doing carpet in the bedroom and laminate hardwood in the rest of the area and now I'm so thankful for that advice because it looks stunning and the paint we picked out for him to put on the walls looks so good with the flooring! The whole basement looks amazing and we really loving the new FREE Delta one piece tub /shower combo that we received from Troy for signing contract before the time exspired on his Facebook Business Page Troy-Bilt-Construction @troyjwoodward amazing gift thanks for sticking to your word- that means everything!! So then after all work had been completed inside Troy and his guys went outside and built me a very nice privacy fence for my five dogs I'm absolutely love it! Now they can go outside and play and I don't have to worry about them running off. He also added steps and handrails to my back deck then he power-wash and stained the deck. Handrails and the steps which now looks amazing! Troy is an excellent Carpenter and shows great attention to detail! Troy and his guys are amazing to work with this was nothing like we was thinking it would be like it. Because it ended up being enjoyable and fun! I will definitely be hiring him again soon and I won't hesitate recommending him to all my family and friends! He is scheduled to come back and stain the fence that he built in the spring
- Jimenez PaintingQuit responding after first phone call. Finally referred by a friend, project being completed tomorrow.
- SLW CONSTRUCTIONSean is courteous, experienced, honest and driven to produce quality and customer satisfaction. I consistently recommend him to co-workers, neighbors, friends and family.
Ceramic Tile Installers in Palmyra
- Business Description:Creramic,Porcelain,Marble,Granite and any other natural stone tile.Recent Review:Our house was built in 1960 and the bathroom reflected that era, not to mention the grout in the bath surround was in dire need of attention. So once we gathered up the initiative (and funds) we went through the process of receiving quotes and interviewing contractors. Being a contractor at one time myself, and having owned four homes over the years, we where well aware of the necessary effort and expertise it would take to do a quality job. With that in mind we narrowed the playing field down to three companies - all of which had come very highly rated. <br /> We chose Creative Tile Concepts, not so much for the price (that certainly was a consideration, but all quotes where within the same range), but because of the attention to detail I felt that Sergio Esposito - the owner/operator, would bring to the table. Out of the three estimates, Sergio's quote was the only one to mention using Kerdi membrane (water proofing) and Ditra board (floor). Because of the age (and perhaps lack of maintenance of the existing tile) waterproofing the surround and flooring were an absolute necessity. Wrapping the shower area after the installation of backer board with the Kerdi prevents any possibility of water leakage. Additionally, using the Ditra for the floor simplifies the floor tile process as it is lighter and easier to work with than hardy board or cement board. <br /> <br /> So, I had originally opted to do the demo myself, however after speaking with Sergio we decided to have his team take on that project. That would speed up the work, plus they would dispose of the material. Anyone who has ever had to deal with the old style of mudset will understand what a difficult job that entails. Mudset is a combination of cement and sand spread over a metal lattice before the tile is laid. The result is a very dusty, heavy and extremely hard to remove mess. Better to pay someone else than to take on the aggravation (not to mention doing it for free). <br /> <br /> We provided all the tile in the form of 12" porcelain with a 3" glass accent running midway around the complete bathroom. Additionally, we requested a built in niche, that Sergio graciously custom built for use as we didn't care for the standard sizes of the preformed units. Ours is comprised of two cubbies, each about 11" tall. <br /> Now that this is complete, I don't think we could have asked for anything better. A 55 year old home tends to settle with time, ours certainly has. Not only did Sergio and his crew take extra care in honoring our wishes, but went the extra mile in assuring that all walls where plumb and the floor was level - neither was true of our bathroom previously. Once the flooring was removed, it was discovered that we had a water "issue" around the toilet, which required the replacement of the sub-floor. Sergio took care of all of it. As a matter of fact, he assisted me in installing our sink/vanity and the flush mounted medicine cabinet - none of which was required, but just being exceedingly friendly. Probably couldn't have gotten my friends to help with that - you know schedules and all. :) <br /> We now have a beautiful new bathroom that simply exceeded our expectations. Would I hire Sergio and his crew again - absolutely and without hesitation. His attention to detail, correcting things that needed fixing instead of applying a band-aid truly show not only his professionalism, but his skill as a craftsman. Cheers. <br /kenny v.
- Business Description:Winner of Angies List Super Service award 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Grout & Carpet Wizards is a locally owned business by Angelo Jennings. Thank You to all our central Virginia customers! We provide the following services; Organic Carpet & Upholstery Cleanings Tile & Grout Restoration - Re-grouting and Re-caulking of showers, bathtub surrounds and countertops. We can apply color sealers to your grout which will make the grout uniform in color and stain resistant without removing the..Recent Review:The carpet, which was in very bad shape, came out looking much fresher, and we were pleased with the result. There was some minor damage done to a fresh paint job on the stair railing, which was initially upsetting, but once it was brought to management's attention they were very responsive and offered to reimburse me for the cost of the repairs. Otherwise, the quality of the work was very goodJohn B.
- Business Description:Expert in carpet, ceramic, laminate flooring and LVT Flooring. Available for new construction and any repair work that is needed. Providing service to Charlottesville, VA and the surrounding area. Over 20 years of experience with flooring and tile work. Call or email for a free quote! Reach Donny at 434-465-1335 or email email@example.comRecent Review:The quote was fast and fair. The workmanship was excellent! I had vynal plank flooring installed in the basement, carpet installed on the basement steps, and minor regrouting done in my master bathroom. Donny was great, and I highly recommend Eagle Eye FlooringMatt K.
- Business Description:Got old grout lines and want them to shine like new again? Sounds like you need color seal! With over five years of experience in color sealing, we have got the skills you need to make your floors look as nice as the day they were installed. With great prices and quality service we guarantee you will fall In love with your floors all over again. Contact us for your free estimate today
- Business Description:For most efficient service, it is recommended that the initial contact be done via our office phone, 434-244-8402."Recent Review:We could not have been more pleased. Joseph is the consummate professional. His work is exceptional. He and his crew were prompt and hard working. Joseph communicated regularly prior to the work, and he updated us every day during the job. His recommendations on paint selection and the scope of work were comprehensive and well thought out. He is organized and stays on task and on schedule. Joseph and his crew will paint our deck in a couple of months, and we will look for other projects that we can put in his capable handsDavid C.
- Business Description:*24 Hours Emergency Service Response Call 571-332-3890* Flood Crew works with all insurance carriers and offers a Free Infrared Inspection* Throughout our history we have developed superior technology and processes with one goal in mind – a healthy indoor environment! We are the choice for many homeowners, realtors and businesses. Flood Crew is a full cleaning & restoration company based out of Sterling, Va since 2008. We believe in providing top notch service when you need us most. You ..Recent Review:I express my gratitude to Bill and his staff at Flood Crew LLC enough! A month before I sold my home they cleaned the carpets; 2 days before closing I called Bill back due to water damage to the home. Bill was onsite mitigating the water damage within 40 minutes of my call to him. They were quick and professional with their water mitigation efforts and were also GREAT with managing the repair/renovation work. He went above and beyond due to my unique situation with the home sale. Thanks Bill for your calm, kind and professional manner. I hope I never have water damage again as it is devastating BUT if I did I would use Flood Crew again in a second.... and will certainly refer them to others!Amy B.
- Business Description:We are a company that at its heart, has a passion for creating fantastic new spaces for our clients and long lasting value for their homes! Family owned and operated for 3 generations, we are unique in the business because it is not just business to us - it's personal! Each job is unique and we listen to our clients ideas and then create quality, custom designs to suit each home and lifestyle. All of our projects are personally overseen by owners because each project is as important to us as ..Recent Review:Chris and his team (two of his adult children) were a joy to work with throughout the entire process. We were adding on to our home and with the integration with the existing structure, trust was garnered early to have them to essentially have full access to the home when I traveled for work. They were communicative, not annoyed with my hovering or questioned and always cleaned up the site daily before leaving. In the two months, they seemed close like family and even followed up well after the completion of the project to check on satisfaction. I would highly recommend them and would use them again if I needed other projects completedJaBari S.
- Business Description:Im Jake Livengood and I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce our company Livengood Electrical llc so that you may consider our company for your electrical needs. Livengood electrical llc is a New small business, electrical contractor based right outside of Charlottesville Virginia, while serving Charlottesville and surrounding countys. Our services include wiring for new construction, Add ons, Remodels, Custom Houses, Additions and trouble shooting. Our company is committe..Recent Review:Jake and his team were great. They installed as agreed and did so in a professional manner. The project took a couple of days but they held to their word and did everything well. Very customer focused and will work until you are happy. Highly recommendUsman S.
- Business Description:If you can dream it, we can build it! Give us a call today for a free quote!Recent Review:Jason answered all of our calls from start to finish. This is unusual in today's market. Believe me others should follow his example! On the first visit Jason's employee, Bobby, discovered we had termite damage. He completed the work on the front door and we regrouped to get termite issues addressed. We were worried about coordinating exterminator and final repairs, but luckily both companies were wonderful to work with!! Bobby completed floor repairs--better than original install--and back door repairs today. We couldn't be more pleased. Thanks guys, for a job well doneSue C.
- Business Description:BEST HOME IMPROVEMENT is a family owned full service building and remodeling company based in Gordonsville, VA. Owner Troy Best has over 30 years of experience in a wide range of trades including carpentry, ceramic tile, cabinetry, roofing, restoration and installing masonry patios and walkways. Call or email today for a free estimate (434) 242-6313, or email firstname.lastname@example.orgRecent Review:He is excellent and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Troy was such a pleasure to have in my home today. I will definitely hire him again for anything I may need and I would give him my highest rating.Lake Anna E.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful ceramic tile installer articles
If the grout in your shower has seen better days, it’s time to consider replacement. Whether you hire a pro or DIY, here is everything that affects your cost to regrout a shower.
Loose grout can cause loose tiles, mold, and slipping hazards. This guide breaks down common causes of loose grout in your kitchen or bathroom, and how to fix it.
Find tile installers in
tile installers in Palmyra
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
Ashland, Virginia 23005
- '58 Foundations
- Capler Homes Inc328 Church Ln
Faber, Virginia 22938
- Carpet Plus805 Preston Ave
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
- Cavalier Carpets Inc8707 Seminole Trl
Ruckersville, Virginia 22968
- CEILING & FLOOR SHOP INC105 KEYSTONE PL
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Classic Granite & Marble14301 Justice Rd
Midlothian, Virginia 23113
- Colorbright570 Industrial Park Rd
Farmville, Virginia 23901
- Creative Concepts LLCPO Box 1511
King George, Virginia 22485
- Creative Tile Concepts8 Austin Dr.
Palmyra, Virginia 22963
- Capler Homes Inc
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
- High Tech Home Warranties
- Integrity Home Contracting677 Berkmar Cir
Charlottesville, Virginia 22901
- Integrity Home Contracting
- Kurt Lehnert Home Improvements56 Whispering Pines Ln
Palmyra, Virginia 22963
- Kurt Lehnert Home Improvements
- Lavezzo Construction1712 E Market St
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Lavezzo Construction
- Noonan's Handyman & Landscape Design2110 Bentivar Dr
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911
- Noonan's Handyman & Landscape Design
- Quality Remodeling704 Grace Johnson Rd
Kents Store, Virginia 23084
- Quality Remodeling
- Venetian Marble Inc2150 Carter Gallier Blvd Suite A
Powhatan, Virginia 23139
- Venetian Marble Inc
- WACO INC5450 LEWIS RD
Sandston, Virginia 23150
- WACO INC
- Yard Solutions923 Jefferson dr
Palmyra, Virginia 22963
- Yard Solutions