Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in New Church, VA
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in New Church
- Consumer Construction IncWe needed installation of interior French doors for a home office. The scope of the project included removal of existing casement/trim, installation of pre-hung French doors, and re-trim. We sought three estimates from local companies and found Consumer Construction most responsive to our needs. Installers were professional and were meticulous in ensuring no related damage to walls or hardwood flooring taking a craftsman approach to their work
- Power House Painting and Home ImprovementPaul and Gabriel arrived on time and were very professional. Both very respectful of the property and were meticulous with their work quality. Went over the work after completed and even had the Production Manager make a site visit upon completion. I wish I could have made the weather cooler for them but they were troopers. The whole process from quote to completed work is a well-oiled machine with Power House Painting + Home Improvement
- Power House Painting and Home ImprovementCharles and his crew did a great job for us. Both the staff in our home, the folks we dealt with on phone, Brian & Rick were all professional and polite. Charles and the men he worked with here were on time, careful of our property, and professional in all they did. We would definitely hire Power House Painting again
- Precision Fence, Deck & Floor SystemsArthur and Dee Dee were delight to work with and did a wonderful job repairing our deck. Arthur showed up as scheduled for the estimate, provided the estimate in follow up manner, and pricing was good. During the estimate, he suggest additional appropriate changes that improved the deck’s sturdiness. The work was done on time and of very high quality. They were receptive and answered all questions. What clenched the deal for us, was the teamwork and genuineness of this husband and wife team. They are a high performing class act. We would gladly use them again and recommended them to all
- Power House Painting and Home ImprovementExcellent. The quality of the work and the professionalism and care that the entire team put into the job was greatly appreciated.
- Medias Painting Contractor LLCGreat small business. Super job. Did the job quickly and professionally. Answered my messages promptly. Really great painters.
- Resident HandymanBob did a fantastic job on ALL the numerous projects he did for us. He was always on time, worked extremely hard, did exceptional high quality work, was knowledgeable and a wonderful teacher. He was so skilled in numerous projects I fired all other contractors and went strictly with Bob. He was exceptional at drywall, remodeled 2 bathrooms (plumbing, electrical & tile), a full kitchen (instillation of new cabinets, backsplash, lighting, electrical & plumbing), built custom window boxes and ceils) and lots and lots of drywall! He never called out, no showed or skimped on working hard. We still have a wish list of projects we intend to hire him for. If you need someone who can do it all...Bobs your man
- Exterior MedicsThe exterior Hardy Board installation was very good - timely and professionally done.The interior finishing of the screen porch was very spotty. It seemed that they did not understand how to do finish carpentry. The work dragged on for many months, and was full of problems, from ordering the wrong materials to not knowing what the correct order was for installing flooring, windows, inside panelling, etc. I would definitely use them for the exterior work, but not for the interior work
- Heinz Home Improvements and Services, Inc.Very well. We were able to coordinate everything by phone or email. He even coordinated with the Home Owners Association to ensure compliance with restrictions. When the gate was finished, I was notified and able to inspect prior to final payment. Will definitely use them again for this and other carpentry needs
- Blankson Home ImprovementWorst contractor ever! He breached our contract and made several fraudulent charges to my credit card that more than doubled our agreed contract price. He refuses to provide his insurance information and he damaged our house and lawn. The fence was poorly built and not to industry standards. After he overcharged me more than $6,000.00, he ghosted us and then gave the credit card company forged receipts that had information for a completely different person. He altered the contract by pen after it had been signed, but wasn't smart enough to follow the terms printed in the contract. Do not use this person, he is a criminal and will try to overcharge you while damaging your home and property in the process. He also goes by SOLOMON HOME IMPROVEMENT and is a complete scammer. Do NOT use Blankston Solomon for any work, I completely regret doing business with him. You can not find his business license with the BBB, he is a fraud
Contractors in New Church
- Business Description:Over the past 20 years, H R Stairs & Rails has completed more than 900 stair and railing projects under the direction of master craftsman Hooshang Rashidi. We take pride in our work and strive to exceed our client's expectations. We are "Staircase and Railing Builders". Our craftsmanship & attention to detail positively impacts the delivery of H R Stairs & Rails finished products, from complex staircase designs to small stair repair and baluster replacement. By concentrating all our efforts ..Recent Review:We are exceptionally pleased with Hooshang’s work. He was responsive, reliable, and meticulous. Our new wood handrails and iron ballusters look beautiful. We highly recommend him.Elaine H.
- Business Description:Ballard Mensua Architecture, led by Seth Ballard, NCARB, AIA, is a boutique architecture firm with a focus on creating truly custom designs and solutions for our clients. We have very strong vendor and contractor relationships, a result of our detailed understanding of construction. Unlike many architects, who like to design and then hand over control to the builder, Ballard Mensua maintains control of management of the project throughout construction. We have a unique cost-study process that..Recent Review:We just finished a spectacular custom home project in McLean, VA and we are so very grateful to Seth Ballard and his team! If you are considering hiring his firm, look no further. There can be no better architect in the DC/VA/MD area – and his pricing is more than fair. We first picked Seth because we loved his architectural style and heard that he had a reputation for ensuring that his plans are executed with impeccable precision and attention to quality. Also, his references were stellar….without exception, his former clients offered glowing praise for his talent, diligence, and follow-through. And now that we are former clients, we understand why. We always knew we were going to have a gem of a home with Seth at the helm. What we did not fully appreciate at the beginning was his proven ability to help us STAY ON BUDGET and his deep bench of connections with first-rate contractors and subcontractors who were prepared to bend over backward to meet Seth’s exacting standards. Here are just a few highlights from our experience: CONCEPT PHASE: During the initial meetings at our home, Seth went the extra mile to learn all about our lifestyle, future needs, architectural likes/dislikes, and budget. During this stage of the process, he would effortlessly make freehand drawings to help us visualize potential styles and layouts. We ultimately elected to go with a craftsman design, with lots of wood features inside and out. PICKING THE RIGHT PROPERTY: Seth joined us for car rides through the local neighborhoods, helping us to scout out the property that was best suited for our construction plans – free of any potential HOA or permitting snafus. DESIGN: With Seth’s guidance, we iterated on different design options. The design phase was high-tech and highly visual. Lots of 2D and 3D elevations, plus 360-degree videos. At each step, Seth clearly identified the estimated construction cost, and we would make decisions about what to dial-up and what to dial-down. For example, we elected to go with a cheaper asphalt roof (rather than slate), but with a more premium window. There were literally dozens of choices like that, and Seth did a superb job of helping us to make the right trade-offs and to “value engineer” the house. PICKING THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR AND SUBS: One of the things that distinguishes Seth from the competition is that he works closely with a handful of contractors and subcontractors who have already been “pre-screened” for excellence. Seth connected us with a general contractor who was not only honest and diligent, but whose carpentry was truly “artisan grade.” Seth also drew upon a stable of outstanding subcontractors – in areas such as HVAC/plumbing, electrical/lighting, structural engineering, cabinetry, tile, drywall/paint, countertops, hardwood flooring, landscaping, etc. It was perfectly clear that these subs were striving to deliver the highest quality and exemplary service. Why? Because Seth was an important source of repeat business for them. This made them extremely responsive. BUDGETING: Seth developed detailed spreadsheets estimating costs for every aspect of the project, as well as options for “enhancements.” Once we made our choices, he was instrumental in securing a FLAT FEE CONTRACT with the builder (inclusive of subs) for everything we wanted. To provide even more control over the cost, the agreement specified that certain items would be “owner provided, contractor installed.” This meant that, regardless of whether we bought pricey appliances or tile or flooring, it would have no impact of the builder’s fees. To his credit, Seth’s estimates were quite accurate, and the project stayed on budget. ARCHITECT FEES: We negotiated a flat fee for Seth’s architectural services, and got way more than we bargained for. We had no idea Seth would stay so engaged throughout the project -- micromanaging every detail, and even offering interior design suggestions (e.g., stains and paints, cabinet and window designs, furniture layouts, etc.). It became clear that, regardless of how much we had agreed to pay in fees, Seth was “all in,” and was committed to ensuring that the end result was perfection. To be sure, in any large construction project, there will be some hiccups. But this was yet another area where Seth shined. Rather than being indifferent, or pointing the finger at those who were actually at fault, he would step up to “own the problem” and take charge until the issue was resolved. In one such case, he developed a design tweak that saved us money and produced a more beautiful result in the process. We never had to stress too much, because we knew Seth was 100% engaged and we could trust that the final work product would be a treasure of a home. One final thought. While Seth’s tremendous talent is obviously perfect for large custom projects, we have no doubt that he can deliver outstanding value for smaller home renovations too. When we did kitchen/bath renovations in our prior home, we naively thought that a “design-and-build” firm would deliver the best solution. With the benefit of hindsight, we could have done so much better hiring Seth as the independent architect and separately hiring a builder who would be accountable to the architect. The result would have been better quality construction, a better value, and far less stress. So whether you are about to embark on a modest remodel or getting ready to “dream big” with a new custom home, look no further than Ballard Mensua Architecturejack l.
- Business Description:Cross Timbers Roofing has been central Virginia’s trusted expert for residential roofing for over 30 years. We are the preferred choice for home owners and premier home builders who demand quality materials as well as a company that provides the attention to detail to assure your roof has been installed to provide years of worry free performance. CTR’s commitment to customer satisfaction is the primary reason we have been and will continue to be the trusted Richmond roofing experts for centra..Recent Review:CTR was very professional and courteous. They not only fixed the leaks but explained why they did what they had to do to repair them.Martha N.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We offer QUALITY custom building at a fair price. Honest and reliable help that provides a service to you in a decent timeframe with great communication. We offer a wide variety of home improvement services. We take pride in our quality craftsmanship on each and every jobRecent Review:I called and spoke to Ray on October 11th and briefly described the work I want completed. He asked me to send him an email. I sent the email the same day we spoke. Today is October 30th and he has not responded to my emailBelinda L.
- Business Description:In 2002, Spicer Bros. Construction, Inc. began as a small roofing company in Lewes DE, providing local residential and commercial customers with the products they needed to complete their roofing projects. With time, our company expanded to where we are now; your one stop shop for all exterior home renovation needs. As your one stop shop, we do more than just provide roofing in Ocean City, MD and surrounding cities. We supply the professional expertise, products, and supplies to complete sidi..Recent Review:Pete and his team did an outstanding job from the moment they arrived until the final clean-up. What a hard working team! Pete did a great job communicating with me prior to the job and updating me throughout the day during the job. We love our new roof and the quality job! We were impressed with the clean up...not a single piece of trash was left behind!! I would highly recommend Pete and his team for any roofing job and would be pleased to serve as a reference to any potential future clients of Spicer BrothersRenee M.
- Business Description:We are a VA Class A Contractor Fully insured
- Business Description:It is construction company that does any and or all phases of residential and commercial projects.Recent Review:We contacted James in April 2017, needed waterproofing and finishing BM (water breach). Initially prompt and professional. Demo'd wet dry wall and abated mold. During furniture cleanup for mold, it started raining. He was 80 percent finished, left and never came back to complete. He did come back to collect $6000 for the demo and cleanup. We called repeatedly but he never returned to rebuild the basement which he had demolished. He said he was busy and would call us when he was available. Never heard back. We called again in Fall 2017, told him it was getting cold in basement since he had torn down walls and never rebuilt. After 5 month absence he came out, gave bid of $50,000. Asked wife if he could start next day. She tells him she needs to discuss with husband; he tells her "you have a serious problem here, this needs to be addressed immediately, I hope you make a decision soon, you need to get this taken care of, ok I have to go now and get some other work lined up for tomorrow." He appeared agitated and left abruptly. If it was such a serious problem, why did he vanish from the job site from May to SeptemberDebbie W.
- Business Description:1 employee. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply if outside of service area. Ask about licensing information. No extra charge for after hours service.
- Business Description:Established in1968, we have been working in the Mid-Atlantic region for over 40 years. We supply a wide range of quality products for remolding, new residential construction, and commercial projects. We working closely with homeowners and builders to provide a low maintenance, long lasting exterior for you home. "We pride ourselves in a quality job completed in a timely manner
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Chincoteague Island
- Pocomoke City
- Marion Station
- Snow Hill
- Princess Anne
general contractors in New Church
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st choice remodeling &construction22922 benson terr
- 1st choice remodeling &construction
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture5185 MacArthur Blvd #370 Ste 312
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Berriers All Around Home Medic LLC68 Edmonds Rd
- Blue Ridge Heart Pine Floors931 Deerfield Rd.
- Brian W Alexander Home Maintenance and Repair47 W 18th St
Front Royal, Virginia
- Building Management Services400 Turner Rd
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture
- C & K ECP INC5121 Honest Bob Rd
Maiden, North Carolina
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders4428 Shepherds Road
- Coastal Builders,Inc.146 Bay Dr.
White Stone, Virginia
- Creative Concepts LLCPO Box 1511
King George, Virginia
- Creative Construction and Remodeling of VA, LLC13609 Winterberry Rdg
- CTR - Cross Timbers Roofing9000 Pams Ave
- Cut-Right Construction LLC106 Hidden Lane
- C & K ECP INC
- E & K CABINETRY810 RANDOLPH AVE
- Eastern Shore Contracting Services Inc27392 Walnut Grove Ln
Cape Charles, Virginia
- Ed Weber Contracting15238 Locust Street
- elder and son construction13 captain johns cove
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- EVE INCPO BOX 10937
- Excell Contractors927 S Walter Reed Dr Ste 16
- E & K CABINETRY
- H R Stairs & RailsPO Box 1410
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Works679 Holly Crest Dr
- Hanson & Ryan Builders LLC3232 Salty Way
- Harbour Towne Enterprises IncPO Box 101
- Harrison Contracting, LLCP.O. Box 70
- Hiatt Construction LLC527 Pine Spur Lane
- HomePro Builders50 Royal Elm Rd
Front Royal, Virginia
- H R Stairs & Rails
- Impact Homes of Virginia Impact Home Improvements10307 West Broad Street
- Impact Homes of Virginia Impact Home Improvements
- J & D Construction and Maintenance304 S Brown Street
- J and A Painting Incorporated12 Partlow St
- J and K Construction956 Neal Davis Rd
- J&S Contractors Llc
Silver Spring, Maryland
- Jack's Ladder12294 Seaside Rd
- James A TrowPO Box 152
- John Albert Furniture249 Albert Farm Rd.
- Johnny Werks1651 Mallory Rd
- J & D Construction and Maintenance
- Kevin's Custom Painting348 Jamestown Rd
Front Royal, Virginia
- Kevin's Custom Painting
- NSB Carpentry, LLC1208 Suffield Dr
Mc Lean, Virginia
- NSB Carpentry, LLC
- On The Nail Contracting14 Orchard Cove Road
Locust Hill, Virginia
- On The Nail Contracting
- R C CHILDRESS PAINTING & REPAIR13681 LITTLE PATRICK RD
Amelia Court House, Virginia
- R Parker Construction Company LLC2964 Cherokee Tr
- R.L. Reece Builders, LLC4930 chestnut fork road
- R.V.Tile2 east 18th st
Front Royal, Virginia
- RAINEY & SONS REMOLDING1524 Alvis Road
- R C CHILDRESS PAINTING & REPAIR
- s and w general contractors4479 Squirrel Pl
- S&T Construction Company22119 Bayside Rd.
- Sean's Interior/Exterior Design Contractor14870 Mills Ct
Amelia Court House, Virginia
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- shipwright servicesPO Box 41
- SOLD RIGHT AUCTIONPO Box 60
Pocomoke City, Maryland
- Spicer Bros. Construction Inc.32221 Beaver Run Dr
- Stanley Contractors LLCPO Box 25
Vernon Hill, Virginia
- Stefan Home Service5901 Sheraton Cir.
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Stump & Sons Construction2103 Jeremy Creek Rd
- superior design1091 longview lane
- s and w general contractors
- The Honey Do Service, Inc. - Bristol, VA626 TN-126
- Tidewater Trim and Deck933 Sunnyside Drive
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Tim's Quality Construction & RestorationPO Box 415
- Tom Lane Contracting Inc15287 Diascund View Trl
- Turn Key Property & Lifestyle Management, LLCPO Box 6087
- Turpin Constuction Company2945 Cottontown Rd
- Two Rivers Custom Carpentry LLC5612 Mooretown Rd Suite G
- The Honey Do Service, Inc. - Bristol, VA
- Wyatt inc home services8032 Crab Thicket Road
- Wyatt inc home services