VM Drainage & Erosion Solution LLC

Founded 2016 • With Angi since April 2016

VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions will solve your drainage or landscape problems. Now is the best time to take the first step, contact VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions about our practical and permanent drainage and erosion solutions. We are also experts in house cleaning, lawn/yard care, and tree

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

drain pipe installation (119)tree service (40)basement waterproofing (33)stone & gravel (28)lawn & landscaping (25)lawn care (24)hardscaping (17)concrete driveways (11)house cleaning (10)Patios (8)foundation repair (7)egress window (4)

11/02/2022

Kareem A.

Jose and his team did a great job helping me with a multifamily rental property I own in Arlington VA. He helped in removing all the trees, installing a water drainage system, cleaning the exterior of the house and cleaning the gutters, and fixing and waterproofing the foundation. I definitely recommend him and his team and company for any exterior projects you may have and I look forward to using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Removing trees, setting up a drainage system, cleaning the exterior of the house, cleaning the gutters, fixing and waterproofing the foundation.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/31/2022

08/14/2022

Dilan B.

STAY FAR AWAY. VM Drainage is dishonest, unprofessional, and has extremely low quality workmahship. I hired VM Drainage to do replace my sump pump with a new pump with battery backup and to install a new sump basin cover for a total cost of $2,100. They scheduled the work for 7/28/22, and I mailed a check for 50% of th cost as a deposit. On the day of 7/28 I get a call from Susan Ruiz informing me that they were not able to find a pump and therefore had to reschedule for another day. In other words, they waited until the day of the installation to look for a new pump. So we reschedule for 8/13. On the day of 8/13 I get a call around 10AM saying that someone will be by around noon to do the work. Noon rolls around and nobody shows up. I call and Jose, a technician with VM Draingage, tells me that someone should be there already, and if they weren't that they'd be there soon. At 1:30PM, a technician finally arrives to do the pump replacement. After a few hours he finishes, and before he leaves I inspect the work and notice that he did not install the basin cover. He calls Jose (his supervisor) because he didn't believe me when I told him that I paid to have a new cover installed. Jose confirms that I indeed paid to have a new cover installed, and the technician tells me that he would come by another day and then left. A few hours after he leaves, I notice that the battery backup system is flashing and the alarm is sounding. I then call VM Drainage again to ask why it was beeping, and Jose tells me "the guy probably didn't know what he was doing" and that he would come by the next morning at 8AM to install the cover and re-install the pump. Based on these context clues, it would seem that VM Drainage subcontracted this job out to some stranger that didn't know what he was doing. The next morning, I call Jose to see where he was because he did not show up at 8AM as he said he would. He sends me a text saying he would not be able to come by due to an "unforeseen event" and that he would come by at 2PM instead. By 3PM, I call and text again, but to no avail. Eventually Jose texts me back saying "sorry I forgot I was supposed to get to you". VM Drainage treated me with the most utter disrespect and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Stay far far away.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement

Category

Work Completed On 08/13/2022

07/22/2022

Annette C.

It went very smoothly and seems to have solved my issue with water puddles in the backyard.

Description of Work
Rerouted the downspout in the back to the front of the house

Category concrete driveways, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

02/12/2022

ROBERT P.

After careful review of all of the estimates we found that VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions’ proposal, completed by Mr. Jose Montalvo was the best at addressing and fixing the underlying problem at the source on the outside of the house, the most cost effective, and provided the most value added. Jose’s proposal was well written and by far the most detailed and comprehensive when compared to all of the other submissions. Broken down into stand-alone work elements with associated costs, Jose’s proposal was also broad in scope covering the electrical and HVAC sub-tasks associated with the project as well as landscaping and hardscaping options not covered or addressed in other proposals. VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions started the project on schedule with site prep, equipment and materials staging. The construction crew would arrive on time, conduct themselves in a professional manner, were well organized, and respectful of the neighborhood. The site (yard) was kept clean, well-organized, and materials, refuse, and equipment would be delivered/removed in a timely fashion. Daily crew size would vary depending on the task at hand. Large crews during major site work to minimize unavoidable disruptions during large excavation work and smaller crews during finish work. Excellent balance of crew size and requisite site work. It was obvious that this team, under Jose’s leadership has worked together many years based on the well-choreographed and seamless manner with which they worked. I was impressed at how focused the team was on delivering a quality product. In addition to ensuring that all construction activities were conducted in accordance with standard industry practice, minor details would receive as much attention as the major construction activities. The entire team obviously takes pride in their craft and are focused on providing superior quality service. It should be noted that during the excavation of the perimeter of the house breeches in the existing water proofing were clearly visible when the exterior walls were exposed and the foundation drain was found to be 100 percent blocked. These conditions were entirely consistent with Jose’s assessment made during his initial survey and a testament to his knowledge and understanding of foundation and water management issues. Having experience in overseeing and managing numerous construction projects and working with large and small construction contractors throughout the course of my career I have found VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions to be a truly exceptional contractor. Being a family-owned business, I found them to be extremely responsive and agile while also having the wherewithal and capacity to bring the requisite resources to manage and execute a large project. I cannot express how pleased we are with the quality and breadth of their work and plan on using their services to install a new concrete/flagstone driveway. It was truly a delight to have had the opportunity to work with Jose and his team and look forward to working with him again this spring.

Description of Work
Our home is a 60-year-old ranch that had been developing water infiltration issues in the basement over the past couple years. The water issues included: damp basement walls; efflorescence residue on basement walls; occasional water seepage along the basement wall/floor interface; foundation drain water backup during heavy rains; minor basement wall cracks, and soil subsidence in areas around the house perimeter. We decided to identify a contractor that could best address these issues before they became problems. Knowing that the project would be quite extensive we contacted a number of water proofing contractors to access the existing conditions, make recommendations, and provide proposals. All of the contractors contacted agreed that preventative measures needed to be taken but provided different approaches in their proposals on how to remedy the water infiltration issue and at varying costs.

Category egress windows, landscaping, lawn service, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

Thanks for leaving us such a good review, The team here at VM Drainage is thrilled to see how great the project looks and hear such good feedback. We're happy to have met your expectations. We enjoyed working with you and truly hope we get the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Have an excellent day!

07/28/2021

Terry W.

Jose and the VM team were great. Starting with the free estimate through completion of the project VM kept in touch. On site, Jose made a couple of spot-on-recommendations that added real value to the completed project. VM's proposal was significantly lower than competitor bids, while providing the most comprehensive solution to my drainage problems. On the day the work was completed, we had severe thunderstorms that would have normally left standing water in my backyard. But because of VM's work, the yard was left free of standing water after the storm passed. I highly recommend this team and suggest you seek a bid from this company before signing up with someone else. Terry

Description of Work
Drainage mitigation

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our company. Here at VM Drainage, we strive to achieve your full satisfaction, we would be more than happy to work with you in the future. Have an amazing day!

06/20/2021

Cynthia G.

Recently, I have been disappointed with the service. I wrote an excellent review related to drainage in fall 2019. In 2020, I asked if they could do some landscape improvement including tree replacement. The responsiveness has gone way down. I paid ahead of time but I had to email/call several times to even get scheduled. I thought this might be a fluke so tried again in spring, same thing. I surmise that its either they have become a large company with many customers that they no longer care like they used to, not even with initial customers that got them where they are now, or, that perhaps they prefer drainage type work. They are good with the latter, no denying. I wish, they would have kept the service quality as relates to landscaping or would have preferred if they just told me ahead of time that they'd rather not do the work.

Description of Work
Yard Work, Landscaping, Tree Replacement

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We would really appreciate a second opportunity to make things right, please call us at (571)-338-3077. Have a wonderful day!

03/21/2021

Geoff J.

Very nice people, Jose did a great job of explaining the process. The wood framing is level and square, but I've recently discovered that the gravel pad isn't level. I should've somehow checked their work before our shed arrived, but I can clearly see a drop of more than an inch on the front edge vs.s the right. Was the ground not leveled or did they run out of stone? Not sure, but now I have a shed that is half a bubble off plumb. At least it will help with sweeping!

Description of Work
Gravel pad for shed

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

02/05/2021

maritza I.

Mr. Robey and his team did an excellent work installing drains, grading and installing rocks to solve the drainage and erosion problems we had in our backyard. Communication was great and he gave us a proposal with different options that would resolve the drainage problems. The job was done in two days and the areas where the grass was removed was replanted with sod when the work was finished. He personally inspected the work done and did some more grading of the soil so that it would drain better. We would highly recommend VM drainage and erosion solutions. They are very professional and do an excellent work. Thank you Mr. Robey and your team!

Description of Work
Solve drainage problems in backyard and redirect downspout and sump pump drain to catch basins and then to street drain. Also i stalled boulders and rocks to help with drainage and erosion problems

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

Review for VM Drainage & Erosion Solution LLC - 8571 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA - 39177584

02/03/2021

Carolyn B.

Jose and his crew from V.M. Drainage and Erosion Solutions did a beautiful and professional job. Working with Jose made it easy – he is very professional, knows what should be done, explains everything, and so easily manages his crew and customer expectations. It's a relief to know we got the right solution for our significant erosion and drainage problem, and that the work was done right. We researched and contacted 4 companies for proposals and estimates and VM Drainage and Erosion's solution to our problems far exceeded all the others. The company's prices were also reasonable. Everything went smoothly and on time working with the company’s competent and knowledgeable office staff. Recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Solved a significant erosion and drainage problem that got worse by super heavy downpours in recent years.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping

Work Completed On 01/27/2021

Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our company. Here at VM Drainage, we strive to achieve your full satisfaction, we would be more than happy to work with you in the future. Have a great day!

01/27/2021

Linda K.

I can't say how happy I am with the work that Jose and his team did. Jose gave me a explanation of what his company could do to solve the moisture and mold problems in my basement and provided me a detailed estimate for each phase with prices. He and his team arrived on the day promised and got right to work. The team worked so hard all day. The project took 2 full days and not only did they do an excellent job, but did a couple of extra improvements. They did such a great job of putting everything back the way it was, even adding new mulch, and cleaning up that you could not tell they were there. Everyone was professional and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Waterproof house foundation, crawlspace and underneath deck. Also, added PVC extensions to downspouts underground.

Category concrete driveways, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

01/12/2021

Mike B.

Very promptly responded to our appointment request via Angie’s List. Contacted us regarding their need to reschedule (understandable) and even offered an earlier appointment, which we promptly accepted. No-showed the day of the appointment; no message, no call on that day, and no attempts to contact us in the 6 days since then.

Description of Work
Provide estimate to address drainage problems on property

Category

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We would really appreciate a second opportunity to make things right, please us a call at (571)-338-3077. Have a wonderful day!

12/04/2020

Michael M.

Everything went well. Initial concern was a sinkhole (18"x5' deep), which ended up digging out an area of about 5'deep x 10'. They repacked the area with stone and dirt and laid down new dirt and sod. The crew was on time and worked efficiently, moving and re-installing fence work around the job area. Jose was great to work with and addressed any concerns I had and made several suggestions for future work -- with no urgent pressure to decide.

Description of Work
Fill in 5' x 10' sinkhole and install drain for sump pump

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

12/01/2020

Frank D.

Job was performed professionally and perfectly. Job was started and finished as instructed by Jose. With all the rain we've had since, not one drop of water has entered the basement. This would lead me to believe the job was performed to the highest standards and quality of the work was well above expectations. I had water leaking into basement for several years. Jose recommended the service which would solve the issue with a 12 year guarantee. His estimation was right on track. Issue solved. Would use their services again and highly recommend them to all.

Description of Work
Waterproof leaking basement

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our company. Here at VM Drainage, we strive to achieve your full satisfaction, we would be more than happy to work with you in the future. Have a great day!

09/11/2020

Jon W.

Amazing work! We had VM Draining do waterproofing around our home because we live on a slope. The work was affordable, and the finished product looks great. We also used them to regrade and fill a portion of our yard for a playground and paver patio. They brought in 20+ dump trucks of fill dirt, performed all the grading and leveling, build a timber playground area filled with wood chip carpeting, and also built a stone paver patio. They even assembled our kids swing set too! These guys show up on time and do really quality work at an affordable price. We shopped around and it was a no brained! Hire this company for your draining, erosion, or landscaping needs and you will not regret it.

Description of Work
Grading/Leveling/Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, playground equipment, pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Review for VM Drainage & Erosion Solution LLC - 8571 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA - 38868275

09/06/2020

Abbott K.

Jose and his team from VM Drainage and Erosion Solutions were awesome to work with and the results were amazing. A max score of ‘A’ alone doesn't do justice to this team. Jose was professional, proactive, prompt, and precise in all he did to solve our drainage and erosion problem in our side/backyard. From the start, he ensured clear communications of expectations and delivered in every way. Installation of 2 French drains, catch basin, drainpipe, 2 downspout extensions, retaining wall, river rock and re-leveling the patio were all the best we have experienced in more than 30 years of homeownership. Also, they were very cautious working around our in-ground sprinkler system—no issues whatsoever. And he's willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction -- a quality that is hard to find nowadays. Without reservation, we will call VM Drainage and Erosion Solutions LLC again for any of our drainage, erosion or waterproofing needs in the future and forgo getting 3 estimates from others. We trust them that much! Way to go Jose and Team!

Description of Work
Install French Drains/Downspout Extensions to improve drainage in side/backyard.

Category pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

Review for VM Drainage & Erosion Solution LLC - 8571 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA - 38856511

08/21/2020

David A.

They came the day after the promised day, due to rain delays, which I understand and it was not an issue to me. They completed the main part of the job (6" Line) in one day. They did a good job of the installation, yard clean up, regrading the affected area and reseeded and strawed the grass. Everything was very neatly done. However, they forgot to lower the existing catch box which was part of the job. I had to call them to reschedule the work. They came a couple days later and completed the work quickly and did a good job. Also, the next two rains after the installation, the pop up cover on the end of the line came completely off due to the water pressure and I had to replace it. I called about this situation to inquire if the pop up was to be screwed in place? They said it was to be screwed in place and that I could do it or they would sent someone to screw it in place if I wanted. I elected to have someone come to do it. After several days, no one came, so I screwed in place my self. I would have rated them and "A" if I did not have to deal with two issues described above.

Description of Work
Install 6" drain line and catch box to carry water from down spouts and a low area to be able to drain in a dry rip rap away from the yard. They also were to lower the level of an existing catch box.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I truly apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We are striving daily to make sure our customer service is superb. We have made some changes in the office to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you so much for choosing us. We hope that if you have any problems in the future you feel comfortable reaching out to us. Enjoy your week. Karina Simpson Customer Service Manager

07/28/2020

Catie P.

The VM team was absolutely superb. We had received at least 10 estimates on how to solve our window well problem. The VM team offered a reasonable, low cost solution and it has worked beautifully. The workers were neat, timely and finished the job in less than the time estimated. We could not be happier!

Description of Work
Replace window wells (2) and regrade yard to prevent water from coming into basement (which included lifting our air conditioning unit about 8 inches and replacing the pad).

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

07/24/2020

Priscilla C.

The job was well done. We no longer have a problem with ponding on the edge of our patio.

Description of Work
Drainage In the backyard

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

Thank you for your feedback! Here at VM Drainage, we strive to achieve your full satisfaction, we would be more than happy to work with you in the future. Have a great day!

07/22/2020

Richard G.

They did a great job for a reasonable price. We are very pleased and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Creating a swale for drainage; repairing culverts

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with our company. Here at VM Drainage, we strive to achieve your full satisfaction, so we would be more than happy to come back to your property. Have a great day!

07/17/2020

Jeannemarie D.

VM Drainage was very responsive to my inquiry. They came out to look at the problem, just a few days after I contacted them, and had a proposal to me within 48 hours. When the proposal was agreed to, they came out just a few days later to do the work and followed up by email to make sure we were satisfied. They are responsive, reasonably priced (I secured several quotes), professional and very easy to work with. I highly recommend VM Drainage!

Description of Work
VM Drainage Provided Erosion Control Measures for Our HOA Equestrian Trail

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with our company. Here at VM Drainage, we strive to achieve your full satisfaction, we would be more than happy to work with you in the future. Have a great day!

06/18/2020

Catherine S.

They were very knowledgeable and professional. They knew exactly what needed to be done and explained at thoroughly. They did the work faster than anticipated and worked SO hard in that time. They've dug up our plants so they wouldn't be ruined and replanted them when their work was finished, as well as replacing our mulch and made everything look like they had never been there. I would highly recommend this company and their workers.

Description of Work
French drain and waterproof walls

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our company. Here at VM Drainage, we like taking our time on doing our job right to satisfy our lovely customers. We would be more than happy to work with you in the future. Have a great day!

06/02/2020

Barbara D.

The French Drain and work was done extremely well! Guys showed on time, were neat and worked hard from beginning till end! Would hire again for sure. Top notch guys. Jose the foreman couldnt have been kinder!

Description of Work
possibly July

Category pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/02/2020