Nu Hue Company

Founded 2013 • With Angi since December 2013

393 Vine St

Fort Mill, SC 29707

Nu Hue Company is a premier painting contractor locally owned and operated within the Carolinas. We have years of proven industry experience to guide you from the beginning to the end. We take a personal approach to every project to ensure only the highest quality of work, service, and products are used. Additional DBA - Nu Hue Company LLC....

08/22/2019

CANDICE K.

No response. Moving on to the next one

Description of Work
Painting exterior home

Category house painters

04/24/2017

Nicholas M.

Nick did a wonderful job. He and his team were punctual and quick. They did wonderful work. In addition, he was quite professional with advanced technology, pricing quote, and consultation. He and his company were much more professional in nature than your average painter.

Description of Work
Complete exterior house painting and two interior rooms. In addition they offer a complete pressure washing service.

Category pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

07/14/2016

Jon W.

We got a couple of bids and Nick did a great job explaining the different packages they offer and what he recommended based what we were looking to accomplish. They were not the lowest bid but I felt comfortable with him and his teams reviews here on Angies List. We did have to work around some weather challenges and we did have some surprises with some wood rot in places that I didn't expect but Nick was willing to replace and fix them at VERY reasonable prices. We are happy with the "Nu Hue" our house has as well as the challenging 700ft deck that we decided to put a semi-solid stain on. I feel confident that if we have any issues in the years that the warranty covers that Nick will stand behind his work and make it right.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Large Deck Staining

Category decks,pressure washing,house painters

05/01/2016

MaryPaul F.

The company's initial response was great. An appointment was made promptly for an estimate. They never showed up, and we have no record of a phone call or even a message through Angie's List.

Description of Work
Nu Hue never showed up for an appointment to look at the project we need done.

Category pressure washing

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm not sure I understand the rating you gave us, I came out to your house and tried several cleaners to remove the staining on your brick. I wasn't sure if any of the cleaners we had would work and after spending 45 minutes working on it none of the cleaners worked on the stains you had. There was no charge for this service. I was told several people came out to look at it and said they couldn't do anything but I was the only one who actually tried to clean it. I'm sorry for any confusions there may have been. Thank you, Nick LeClair

11/24/2015

JASON S.

Where do I begin? It's been over a month since this work was done and we're still dealing with the aftermath. I am struggling to resolve all the glowing reviews of Nu Hue with our notably subpar experience. First off, here is what went well. We got several quotes and Nick stood out during the process as knowledgeable and professional, and their price, though not the lowest, was fair and compared well to others. Scheduling was not a problem, and we were pleased that they could perform the job with our kitchen cabinet contents remaining in place. The paint job on the great room and stairways was well done; no complaints there. Nick was friendly, responsive, and professional throughout the process. Now for all the challenges: first off, we had replaced all of our bright white trim with alabaster. One entire section of trim in our great room was unpainted. And for several other sections of trim there were numerous spots where too much paint was used and drops of paint had flowed down and dried. Second, there were numerous problems with the cabinets. Ours are oak, which was a lot used by builders in the late 90's when our house was built, and is not an uncommon wood to be faced with in painting. Nick tried to use a lacquer spray process to paint them. Oak, we found out afterwards, tends to soak up thin paint--a fact Nick should've been aware of and prepared to deal with. His team remounted the doors and tried to call the job done. However, there were streaks of grain showing through and the coat of paint was not smooth. The crew came back out and applied another lacquer coat, which did not resolve the problems. After several weeks of back and forth, including us giving him a door to take and figure out how to properly paint, we ended up giving up on Nu Hue. My wife thankfully is good painter herself, so she has been hand-painting a final layer on the cabinets with a thicker, non-lacquer coat, which has covered the streaks and grainy appearance. Next, Nu Hue?s crew cracked the face of one of the cabinet drawers. There was one mounting screw for a cabinet door that was stripped and left half-way unscrewed, with several cracks in the wood frame (to be fair, some of this last damage admittedly may have been there from the original builders, but I can?t fathom them not fixing the stripped screw and making sure the cabinet door was securely mounted). It appears he has folks on his crew that don?t know how to use a powered screwdriver without damaging the wood. Last and most expensive, we discovered weeks afterwards that the very large custom window in our great room was cracked. This window is 15 feet in the air and the window replacement company said it appeared it was broken from the inside. We also see smudges on it from apparently where someone leaned or fell against it; we have nothing definitive but it is hard not to conclude that they broke the window. And since his crew member didn?t fess up, we now are in the awkward position of having to call them out on it. We are out $900 in repairs for the window alone, never mind the hours of work we had to personally put in to get satisfactory results on everything else. . Update from 12/10/15: Nick reached out to us following our original review. As he accurately notes, he takes his professional reputation very seriously, as well as the quality of work delivered by his company, and having satisfied customers. We were not necessarily interested in having Nu Hue return on site to perform further work on this particular job, but he did compensate us in a more than fair way for time and part of the damages (he offered to completely pay for the window but we settled on a partial amount due to the lack of clarity about exactly what happened). I cannot say whether I would be 100% comfortable about using them again in the future, but can say without any reservation that he takes complaints very seriously and is committed make amends on any problems, which speaks highly of his professionalism and responsiveness.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen, kitchen cabinets, great room, and stairway/hallway.

Category woodworking,house painters,interior painters,cabinet refacing

Hi this is Nick LeClair and I am the owner of Nu Hue Company. I apologize for the issues we had with your project, and we will do anything we can to correct the problems. We strive to ensure each home owner has a pleasant experience with our staff and our work. After the work was complete we did do a walk through with one of the home owners to do any touch ups which we did have some, obviously we missed some by your comments. We would be more than happy to come back and fix any issues, and since you have paid we would like to take care of those right away. As for your cabinets we did have some irregular issues getting a proper finish. Our typical system includes 1 coat of primer and 2 top coats. With your cabinets we applied 1 coat of primer and then one top coat and noticed we were having yellow staining bleeding through. We then applied two coats of a stain blocking primer recommended by Sherwin-Williams in which it didn't work. They recommended using another primer which did work, then we followed that up with two final top coats. All of this was at no additional cost to you, we were just trying to make things right. After we re-installed the cabinets everything seemed to be fine, and we collected the payment for the whole project. It was a few weeks after we were contacted by the home owner asking to fix the wood grain issues which we were more than happy to fix. There was a delay getting back to you to setup the repaint, which I apologize for. During this time it was found out that there was a crack in the window. As for the window, no one on our team was aware if the damage was there before or if we did break the window. We are not looking to argue about who broke the window but would like to offer compensation for your troubles. We would like you to know we are addressing your comments and feedback by having a training session to better improve our systems in order to avoid these issues in the future. We take our reputation seriously and appreciate the feedback on your project. I hope you can give us another chance at earning your business in the future. Thank you, Nick LeClair

10/09/2015

DAVID K.

Working with Nick LeClair has been an absolute pleasure. He was referred to me for painting from the contractor who is remodeling my bathrooms. Nick responded immediately to my inquiry and set up an appointment to look at the job. He arrived on-time, explained his company and the services they could provide, and what to expect next. Shortly after the first visit Nick provided me with a detailed written proposal. He offered three levels of paint quality at different costs, and a fixed cost for labor. After agreeing to the proposal, Nick's team was out within a few days to do the work. Nick came on the first day to instruct the team, and checked in regularly as they worked. Jesus and the other team members worked quickly and accurately, asking me for clarification on any items needed. When the job took a little longer than expected, they asked if they could work on Saturday, which really helped get us finished so the remodeling work could continue. Nick did a very thorough final walk-through, touching up a number of areas that I had not even seen. He spent a half-day going over everything with a fine-toothed comb. It was only after Nick was satisfied with the work that he asked for any payment...what a great way to do business. I can recommend Nu Hue Company without hesitation and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Painted two bedrooms, bonus room, and bathrooms

Category house painters,interior painters

09/13/2015

JAMES G.

From estimate to completion, conduct from the owner, and workers was professional. Work product was excellent. We were very pleased with the results, and will employ again.

Description of Work
Paint garage walls and floors (epoxy). Seal outdoor patio pavers. Stain re-built deck.

Category house painters,interior painters,epoxy flooring

09/03/2015

Eric B.

From beginning to end, Nu Hue (Nick & team) was very professional, punctual, clean, and precise in their painting. Day 1 - I emailed, requesting a quote on refinishing my aged deck and house trim. Day 2 - Nick came out and gave me a detailed quote with multiple options of paint grades and service. (Folder included his insurance information and warranty information.) Day 3 - I let Nick know which options I wanted. He confirmed the following Monday to start the work with pressure washing, followed by 2 days of painting. Day 6 - Painting done, exactly as quoted. Followed by a walk-through with me to make sure all was completed to my satisfaction. I highly recommend Nick and his painters.

Description of Work
Painted all of my house trim, window & door trim, and my deck.

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

07/21/2015

Ilke M.

When he came, he was friendly and professional. He took measurements with details, asked a lot of questions about the job. I thought I would get an estimate in a week. I emailed him a week later. He said he was out of town and would get back to me when he gets back on Monday after July 4th. I emailed him again the following week and told him he can split the estimate in to two if he is swamped and just get me the estimate for the initial part we will get done first. No response. After seeing all the good reviews, I am not sure if something came up or some emergency happened that he forgot to respond. If he did not want to perform the services, I assume he would have said they are very busy and can't do it. He had said he has established his company only a year and a half ago, maybe he is still learning the customer service. Not sure. I hope there is nothing related to family emergency or health issues, it is just simply he can not keep up with his schedule and needs someone to help him to organize his appointments!

Description of Work
He came over to see the exterior and interior areas I need painted. Took all the measurements and said that he would provide an estimate.

Category interior painters

07/20/2015

Julie M.

Went well. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of the house and other miscellaneous carpentry repairs.

Category contractors,house painters

LevelUp Painting

Hi! We are a painting company operating in Charlotte area. We offer interior painting, exterior painting, and refinishing services! We focus on quality and your satisfaction! We also provide one of the best factory quality refinishing services in Charlotte area.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work.

Advance Contractors

Advance Contracting Group, LLC is the Charlotte area's premier painting, roofing, siding and gutter company. With over a decade of outstanding service and thousands of satisfied customers in region, call us today for a free consultation and estimate on your next project.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Residential painting, Commercial painting, interior painting, exterior painting, cabinet painting, refinishing cabinets, painting cabinets, lacquer cabinet painting, wood rot replacement, pressure washing, deck staining, carpentry repairs, drywall installation and repair, wallpaper removal, popcorn texture removal, interior/exterior staining, woodwork install, stucco painting, brick painting, limewash, limewash painting, limewash brick, stained door refinishing